TVLine Items: HBO Eyes Goldie Hawn Series, Dave Chappelle Denies TV Return, and More!
HBO is developing a new female-centric comedy series produced by Sex and the City creator Darren Star and starring Hawn, per Deadline. The series, titled The Viagra Diaries (not to be confused with Vampire), centers on Hawn’s character dealing with the late-in-life dissolution of her marriage.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• On Thursday, The Daily reported that MIA funnyman Dave Chappelle was plotting his return to TV on a paid subscription outlet like Netflix, Hulu, or Sony’s Crackle. However, the former Comedy Central star’s rep tells EW.com that it’s “absolutely untrue.”
• Showtime has unveiled another creepy new Season 6 Dexter promo, and this one seems to scream: “My wife’s gone! My kids are (kinda) gone! Let’s party!”
• Showtime has also partnered with Facebook and the American Cancer Society for the “C” Yourself campaign to mark The Big C‘s return on Wednesday, June 27. All you have to do is head to the link above and upload a picture holding up your best possible “C,” and the cable giant will donate $5 to the charity. Plus, the most creative applicant will win a $5,000 prize.
• Bravo darling Bethenny Frankel is already said to be shooting her upcoming advice-based talk show, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. Fellow daytime gabber Ellen DeGeneres is reportedly involved in developing the project.
• And now for today’s most unsurprising piece of news: CBS has ordered a 20th installment of its Emmy-winning Amazing Race, set to bow in spring 2012. It was reported last month that host Phil Keoghan had signed a deal with the reality staple for “several more years,” so a TAR pickup was inevitable.
• All My Children alumna Elizabeth Rodriguez has joined NBC’s new drama Prime Suspect as a series regular, per Deadline. Rodriguez will star opposite Maria Bello as another female detective trying to make it in a male-dominated New York precinct.
* In other casting news, Deadline reports that former Off the Map star Caroline Dhavernas has scored the lead in the USA Network pilot Over/Under. She’ll play the photographer wife of a gambling addict. Meanwhile, FX’s graphic novel offshoot Powers has cast Just Go With It‘s Bailee Madison as an “otherworldly young girl” raised by a stepfather with his own set of powers.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!