Spoiler Alert: True Blood Turns Straight Character Gay… But Which One?

True Blood has turned people into vampires, vampires into piles of gore, assorted wildlife into people, and Michelle Forbes into the ultimate party ghoul. But perhaps no transformation in the show’s colorful history will come as quite as great a shock as the one that we find out about during the HBO hit’s ferociously anticipated fourth season, premiering June 26: A major character, heretofore heterosexual, will be involved in a same-sex romance.

For True Blood Scoop 24/7 Follow Me On Twitter Via @MichaelAusiello

I’m not going to reveal any more clues about the character — who may or may not be featured in the above image — so as not to risk getting fanged by series creator Alan Ball. However, I will say that, having witnessed the big reveal, it doesn’t feel gimmicky. In fact, after the initial shock wears off, I imagine you will do what I did and go, “Yeah. Makes total sense.”

By the way, this is sort of related to the even bigger twist I teased in Ask Ausiello last week.

True Blood has never shied away from exploring its characters’ fluid sexuality. Last season alone found Sam fantasizing about a roll in the hay with Bill, and a hidden agenda motive prompted Eric to seduce Talbot (before whacking him). And, of course, there’s resident bisexual Pam and openly gay Lafayette, the latter of whom is now settled down with Jesus.

Watch The First Eight Minutes of True Blood‘s Season 4 Premiere Now!

So, who do you think discovers his/her True identity? Hit the comments with your theories. In other words, if you happen to know, keep it to yourself. Don’t ruin our fun little game!

Tags: ,

Comments (231)

• For some reason I picture the character being Jessica, but I love her and Hoyt so much!!

Comment by Sean – June 15, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet it’s Tara, and that’s how she will be into the witch thing. She will be dating a witch!

Comment by Liz – June 15, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • this is an older spoiler, no surprise since we spoilerites read it a while ago. I believe Michael’s puzzle was for this also.

Comment by toni – June 15, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Everyone knows that people become Gay when bitten by a Gay person.

Comment by Whatis – June 16, 2011 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Awesome…thanks for the laugh Whatis!

Comment by Candy – June 16, 2011 01:03 PM PDT
      • its a male character :/

Comment by aishling – June 19, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the books, we are at the part where witches put a spell on Eric to where he basically forgets everything. Now, Sookie does take care of him, but it would make sense to have him take a liking to the opposite sex while under the witches spell. Would tie into the story line of this season.

Comment by Martin – June 15, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote Tara.

Comment by tbfan – June 15, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed.

Comment by Mairead – June 15, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d agree too. She has zero luck with men, wares, or vamps so I would reason she goes the lesbian route. No skin lost by this fan as the book version is very different, but the actress is really good so it’s best to expand the actress time.

Now, who is the girlfriend?! Someone she brings back from her trip away? #waitingsucks

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This comment is stupid right from the beginning and is an example of why, for the sake of my sanity, I need to stay away from these comment boards. I don’t watch True Blood so I have no idea who this Tara person even is but saying that “she goes the lesbian route” because she has no luck with men?? What. The effing. F**k. Women “go the lesbian route” because they feel sexually attracted to other women NOT because they hate men or have no luck with men or any other likewise ridiculously sexist and homophobic reasoning you’ve found that doesn’t offend your sensibilities. People don’t “decide” to “go gay” as an alternative to loneliness because they have no luck with the opposite sex.

Comment by wth – June 15, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m a gay man and it does drive me crazy when people discuss my sexuality as flexible, a choice, whatever. I’ve also read many studies regarding sexuality since it was one of my minors in college. A lesbian is a lesbian. That’s not going to change. Studies do show, however, that a woman is more likely than a man to test the bisexual waters after years of abuse and oppression suffered at the hands of men. Tara is a prime candidate for that. It doesn’t mean that lesbianism is wishy-washy. I understand your frustration, but your post was harsh and not one that people are likely to take or respond well to.

Comment by Michael – June 15, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I am a gay man as well. And for ME it is a choice. Yes people are born “gay” however sexuality can be very fluid and not every gay person was born gay… some of us do choose to be gay… I find ur comments ignorant because u are speaking for a whole community of people. A community that im part of but left out by ur definitions of gay.

Comment by James – June 17, 2011 10:31 AM PDT
        • I think people may be using the “she has terrible luck with men” excuse as in that’s WHY she has terrible experiences with men. She “goes gay” because she has never had that kind of connection with a man and she kind of realizes that it’s because she has connections with (a) woman. She just hadn’t found that woman to have that connection with yet.

Comment by heather – June 15, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wack job – if anyone knows and is accepting of homosexuality it’s true blood fans. Were well aware people dont “decide to go gay” if you watched the show I bet you’d feel like an idiot right now. did you read any of this article? It says who “figures out their true identity”

Comment by Andrea – June 16, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • why are you on a true blood board if you dont watch the show? your comments are invalid.

Comment by lindz – June 16, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, being gay isn’t a rational decision. It’s built into our makeup. No one would choose to get sexually stimulated by feet or extremely obese people unless they had no choice. Same with our sexuality;it’s built in!

Comment by Prairie McFarland – August 24, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And funny enough, they made Tara gay for those reasons. So I guess you should get mad at the writers then. :P

Comment by Mead – September 13, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would assume its a witch. She always finds herself twisted up in the big plot of the season. And this would be the way of getting her in it this season.

Comment by Heather – June 21, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think its Naomi, the Cage-fighter.

Comment by Jake – June 24, 2011 02:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • jep

Comment by silly – June 15, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree I think it is going to be Tara

Comment by Tom – June 15, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’d seem to be a desperate attempt to make her character vaguely interesting. Love the show, but can’t stand that character.

Comment by Holly – June 16, 2011 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • money is on Tara

Comment by Pocket – June 15, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Alcide.

Comment by MacTheMovieguy – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Unless there can be a “shocker” without seeing the character then it can’t be Alcide if he doesn’t appear until Ep 3. My money is on Sam, as hasn’t really dated much on the show (although he gets the occasional shag)… and he seemed to enjoy the sex dream with Bill.

Comment by just jules – June 15, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I Agree I think bill is gonna be gay 1.) because sookie does not want him no more 2.) That dream sam had , Sam might have sexual feeling for bill and I think bill is gonna be gay and him and sam are a couple!! :DD

Comment by bailey – June 16, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • …neck-raped? Really? Slinging the word rape around so lightly like that isn’t okay and it’s pretty offensive for those who actually have been raped.

Comment by Angie – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Angie. I just posted something similar. I was shocked to see him use that language, thought it was uncharacteristic and offensive.

Comment by Jules – June 15, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a survivor of rape, I agree.

Comment by Andie – June 15, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Okay, just calm down. Although rape is a serious,traumatic crime it WAS JUST A JOKE. People like you guys are exactly why now one can make a joke anymore. And the term “neck-raped” isn’t at all offense. It’s a P.U.N.

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That’s the whole point: It is NOT a joke. To have it happen or for people use the word in a joking fashion. Let’s see how “funny” YOU think it is, after you have such a soul-shattering event.

Comment by W0NK042 – June 15, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I probably would seeing as I’m around victims quite frequently. Seeing it as funny in a morbid, loathing way would be a hell of a lot better than sick into catatonic depression which effects you for a unfathomable amount of time like some of the victims I deal with. There are many who say that if they’d handled how it effected them differently they’d be stronger people and would have sunk back to normality sooner. And that’s what nearly every victim I’ve talked to has said. They want normality.

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 11:00 PM PDT
        • “People like you”? You mean survivors of rape? People who have gone through that experience OMG ACTUALLY HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL NON-SEXUALLY ASSAULTED PEOPLE TO STOP TRIVIALIZING THEIR TRAUMA HOW DARE THEY.
          Just shut the hell up, seriously. People like you are why rapists have it easy in society. Rape apologizing asshole.

Comment by Jill – June 15, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t ever tell a rape survivor to “just calm down.”

Comment by J. – June 15, 2011 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m not saying that making rape jokes is okay BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BEING “NECK RAPED” so calm down. And no, I’m not a person who help rapist get off the hook; I help persecute those who rape seeing as I’m a prosecutor. Most people end up getting charged even when there isn’t hard core proof they committed rape because people(a jury) don’t take it as a joke. I’m just saying the first comment really was a troll seeing as neck rape ins’t real and they made a huge, defensive deal about it. So yeah, I am just saying ‘JUST CALM DOWN’.

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 10:45 PM PDT
          • Don’t ever lecture other people about what they can or cannot say: you can be sure that by doing so, they will do it over and over again. And whether I agree with your point or not, no one is entitled to tell someone else what they can say. Get real – or a therapist.

Comment by Tarc – June 16, 2011 11:45 AM PDT
        • Well, Emily, you are JUST AN ASS.

Comment by Amy – June 15, 2011 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah.. You can’t laugh about rape ever! Unless you’re raping a clown.

Comment by G.O.A.T. – June 16, 2011 06:49 AM PDT
          • I don’t understand why people thought that it’s okay to say “neck-rape” because it’s “impossible”…. joking about rape in any way is offensive, even moreso when you make it silly/ridiculous. 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted every day. Real friggin’ funny.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:51 AM PDT
          • Okay, Jules, I’m sorry but that’s a “silly/ridiculous” statement. 1 in 4 women sexually assaulted EVERY DAY?! Wow… maybe 1 in 4 over their entire lifetime. Once. or twice, if they’re unlucky. That would be a looot of sick people out there in the world for 1 in 4 women to be assaulted Every Day. Whoosh!

Comment by Mat – June 17, 2011 08:20 AM PDT
        • But I’m sure you have no problem with people saying “killed me” or “oh man I wanted to murder him.” without concerning yourself one bit if someone reading on the internet has lost a loved one to violence. Or “I’d give my right arm” without feeling like you’ve offended someone who lost their arm in war, or a motorcycle accident.

It isn’t the world’s job to make sure your sensibilities are protected. He wasn’t making light of rape. He used the word in a very literal, appropriate context. If I’m describing an act of the forceful taking or subjugation of my body, mind, or spirit against my will, what exact word should I use?

Comment by joe – June 17, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think that actually might be a clue. Tara was raped by vampire Franklin last season, so it might be a clue that she’s the character.

Comment by Amanda – June 15, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! There are usually clues in spoilers. Maybe a poor choice of words, but try not to think the worst right off the bat.

Comment by Nikki – June 15, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ‘Neck-raped’ as a pun, a joke, a stupid thing to say should be retired this very second.

Ausiello: The lengths you go to to call attention to yourself. Are you really that hungry for pageviews?!

For the record, not a rape survivor, but hugely offended.

Comment by Cyn (@blog_writer) – June 15, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ausiello: Thank you for changing up the phrase from ‘neck-rape’ to ‘fanging.’ Changing it didn’t hurt the content at all but it did show that you think about and care what your readers say. Good on ya!

Comment by Cyn (@blog_writer) – June 15, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m also glad to see he changed his wording. Thanks, Aus.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this comment board is not about rape. its about a sexually explicit violent explicit show that is not for all audiences. if you’re sensitive, have been personally bitten/raped/almost killed, then you probably should not watch it or get on boards that discuss it. #justsayin

Comment by L – June 16, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, “L”, survivors of rape shouldn’t be allowed to watch or discuss mature shows? Also, please note I came to an online entertainment forum that is NOT supposed to be sexually explicit, so I should not see such language here.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you. The message board is intended to discuss the show, more specifically about a new twist for a character. I can see posting once about a phrase that may have been insensitive, but once the statement was removed, it was a moot point. Also, if I was so upset to comment 10 separate times regarding a columnists writing, I would probably just ignore them, not continue revisiting their page that caused me to relive my trauma.

Comment by Corinne – June 17, 2011 12:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never had the impression that Pam was bisexual, I think she’s strictly into women.

Comment by aleksa – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually Pam is a bisexual, despite having a lesbian weirdness to her she was with men before her turning, and Eric and others afterward. In the books she came to like women more, and in the show she does actually enjoy both sexes but prefers women.

Comment by Tori – June 15, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah, I see; I haven’t read the books. Thanks!

Comment by aleksa – June 15, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Fwiw, Pam in the books and Pam in the show are two different things. Since she’s bi in both it doesn’t really matter, just always bugs me when book stuff is used to explain show stuff.

Like the show better but for some reason stopped reading the books after the first one.

Comment by Lafayette – June 15, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “lesbian weirdness”? Really, Tori? How sad.

Comment by Tracy – June 15, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s a quote from the show sweetie…calm down.

Comment by Jenn – June 15, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yup. Definitely a quote :)

Comment by Chloe – June 21, 2011 03:38 AM PDT
    • All vampires are bi-sexual. Its been said many times that the vampires in True Blood have no sexual preference. This means all vampires go both ways in it so it very well could be one of them. However, that wouldn’t be very shocking since its already been established so it’s probably a human. My bet is Tara. She recently survived Franklin so she could be looking for affection from anyone and the way female sexuality is written on television, you’d think they could turn it on/off like a light switch.

Comment by Captain – June 15, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was with men as that is what her pre-turn society expected of her and then when Eric turned her she was expected to be with him. They then spent time apart and she is a lesbian. When she returned to ‘be’ with Eric they are not sexual and you have never seen her with men, only lustful comments regarding women.

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I get more of a familial vibe from her relationship with Eric. It might have been more at one time, but not now.

Comment by aleksa – June 16, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t let it be Eric.

Comment by Lauren – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I HOPE IT’S ERIC. ;D

Lol I doubt it though.

Comment by asherlev1 – June 15, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope it’s Eric too. A) I don’t want him with Sookie and B) his hot gay sex scene with Talbot was amazing. And we already know Alexander likes kissing guys. Yum yum yum!!!

P.S. I hope we see peen this season. It is HBO, after all.

Comment by Tavis – June 15, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But he hooks up with Sookie in the books and most people want to see that happen, there are actually more ERic Sookie fans out there tahn Sookie with lier bill fans. But actually I think Sookie should be with no vampire at all, the characters seem to be more interesting when they are not hanging around with her, she has become so annoying, whiny and bitchy, its almost unbearable. All the other characters are just much more likeable than Sookie…

Comment by mp – June 15, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I don’t watch the show because an hour a week of this cheese is too much (whereas a book is a couple hours of my life every year or so) but I LOVE Eric and Sookie in the books! Their sexual tension was crazy good. That being said, I could totally see this spoiler relating to Bill. If he is anything like book Bill he probably needs something to do by now.

Comment by Ana – June 15, 2011 05:18 PM PDT
          • I don’t care what the f**k happens in the books. This is the TV show! And Bill and Sookie as TV characters are *the* couple to root for. If you’re an Ericookie fan, stop watching the show and go masturbate to the books.

Comment by Tavis – June 15, 2011 07:20 PM PDT
          • What are you you ridicolous Billsbabe, TB Bill can lie to Sookie, rape Lorena, hit Pam and attack Sophie Ann, procure strippers, drink from innocent old ladies, and throw Eric into the cement pit so long as at some point in the future he looks “sorry” for doing it; this was an abusive relationship you brainiac.

Comment by @Tavis – June 15, 2011 09:42 PM PDT
        • Alexander never said he *liked* kissing guys, he just said it doesn’t bother him due to his upbringing in Scandinavia where sexuality is much more open and accepting. Also, all the “rape” diatribe is really ridiculous. No one was intending it as sexual rape… and the hypersensitive amongst you know it. If you can be injured by a *word*, you’re the one who needs therapy.

Comment by Mikey – June 26, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think its Sookie, Bill, or Eric..Ausiellos just messing with us there. I say Tara too.

Comment by jenny – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that it’s Tara…I can see it happening after her traumatizing relationship with Franklin

Comment by Laura – June 15, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jason

Comment by TJ – June 15, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never. Both sexes are attracted to him but he is a ho, ho, ho for women only.

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please YES!

Comment by Steven – June 15, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking………………..Jason!~

Comment by Nicole – June 15, 2011 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta be Tara, she must have some serious trust issues by now.

Comment by Aria – June 15, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please remove the comment about “getting neck-raped”… This is the first time in years that you have made me feel uncomfortable. To the people who will likely flame me: I feel that word shouldn’t be used lightly, and I’m a little shocked, honestly. That’s simply my opinion. If you disagree, be civil about it.

Comment by Jules – June 15, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So glad it wasn’t just me that was upset. :(

Comment by Angie – June 15, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna agree with everyone else and say Tara if not her then someone we didn’t see coming

Comment by K – June 15, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara was my first thought, too.

Comment by Claire – June 15, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All this pro-gay thing in True Blood is becoming kinda Awkward.

Comment by JF – June 15, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what? so the gay aspect of the show is awkward but all the torture vampire porn is just fine? Get over it. Folks are gay. Read the books. A LOT of folks are gay.

Comment by Nikki – June 15, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or, it’s the opposite.

Comment by sarah – June 15, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? I find the pro-straight thing in 99% of shows to be kinda akward. If you don’t like it, don’t watch.

Comment by Andrew – June 15, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is exactly the point, Andrew. People with this straight-arrogance coming through loud and clear here: “you can be gay but just don’t do it near me, k thanks!”

Ugh, get over yourself. There are plenty of other shows that barely (or don’t at all) touch on gay people existing.

Comment by Elliot – June 16, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This entire show is about gay people. Don’t you…get that? It’s the entire metaphor that drives the show.

“Came out of the coffin”
          “God Hates Fangs”

Alan Ball (who, FYI, is gay) has created a show where he can explore people’s hatred of the unknown, a very VERY real thing, in a safe and accessible way. People like you watch the show for the tits and violence, and the social commentary is something you dismiss in frustration.

Watch Skinemax instead.

Comment by joe – June 17, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only for small-minded ‘phobes.

Comment by Amy – June 15, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I say it’s Tara or Bill, but my money is mostly on Tara.

Comment by Missy – June 15, 2011 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hello? its hoyt

Comment by timelord – June 15, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok I can only dream is Hoyt! Did we notice How hot he was looking last season????

Comment by anthon – June 15, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no! he looks like a country goober

Comment by L – June 16, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it was Jason. His character has been extremely boring for the past few seasons.

Comment by Ahmed – June 15, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!
      For some reason, I feel like it would make sense….
      He’s never had a real relationship with a girl, just lust.
      I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!!

Comment by Katie Young – June 16, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say Jason…He’s naive enough and whatever-guy to do sth like that…But Tara too is very possible after what she’s been through…!

Comment by NIkoleta – June 15, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited!

But I agree with the previous comments. To use ‘raped’ as an expression is extremely problematic and offensive. It belittles the experiences of those that have been sexually assaulted.

I was deeply shocked to see you use this language and if you continue to use it, I will sadly stop reading.

Comment by dawn – June 15, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a loyal book fan, this better be Pam who is openly gay in the series and wonderful.

Comment by Nikki – June 15, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am a loyal book fan, but HBO is killing those!!! Is awful… :(

Comment by Jari – June 15, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If you do not like the show then don’t watch. It is that easy.

Comment by fan – June 15, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think that’s what is being said. It is sad, however, to see a series of book so beloved be stripped to their core. Really, it’s the show fans that are missing out. Sookie is SO SO SO much stronger of a character in the books.

Comment by Nikki – June 15, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I too enjoy the books, but lets not forget, Sookie tells the story in the books. She has no idea whats going on with Jason or Eric or Sam or anyone unless she’s with them. If the show were loyal to the book, Sookie would be in every scene and no other characters could have a story without Sookie in it. I’ve enjoyed the campy way the shhow has elaborated on the books. I truly enjoy both and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Comment by tma6469 – June 15, 2011 03:22 PM PDT
  • Its Tara for sure!!!!!!!!!! she was so confused in season 3…I bet is Tara!

Comment by lau – June 15, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calm down people. He is talking about a show about freaking vampires…..I’m sure he meant no offense to anyone. Neck raped like a bloodsucker taking blood……good lord.

Comment by Eric – June 15, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for being level headed.

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Emily, if you consider it “level-headed” to joke about rape because it’s no big deal, you are a monster.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, it’s a good think that no one joked about rape… just neck-rape. Not the spelling difference. If you are that sensitive about a passing comment on an entertainment blog, you are in desperate need of a therapist.

Comment by Tarc – June 16, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Tarc – “Just neck-rape”? Oh, thank God! As long as you’re specific about the kind of rape, it totally doesn’t count! I’m not bothered or shocked at all to see a joke about something so violent/horrific in such an unexpected forum! My heart doesn’t hurt at all from the lighthearted discussion of something that nearly killed me years ago! (Note my sarcasm.) Oh, and I DID see a therapist, Tarc. I’m doing much better now, despite experience constant insensitivity about rape. It may not matter to you, but it matters to millions. Your “get over it” attitude makes you sound like a monster.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 12:07 PM PDT
        • Neck rape issue

Yes you all need to take a chill pill, if you are taking this phrase seriously then you shouldn’t be watching True Blood, you are too sensitive for it and not bold enough for it. This is a show with vampires who “rape” people, yes they drink people’s blood most of the time without their consent and even kill people. I don’t hear anybody complaining that its wrong, we all know that’s the point of vampires. This is a show were taboos are broken and some may consider the things that happen in there as inappropriate. I think you all overe-acting on this, nobody is joking about rape here, its more a mock on the bloodsuckers than anything else. You are true True blood fans you should be able to get it. Geez how many times is the word bitch used in this show, i dont here nobody screaming sexism, or if something homophobic or racist is said in this show, really really heavy thing happen in TB, yet you all acting like some saints here over this joke comment by some user, hello hypocrites have you ever taken a look at the horrific things you want on TB, Tara even got raped on that show and some of the sex scenes are borderline rape.

Comment by XavierT – June 17, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • NB: Watch I mean watch on TB

Comment by Xavier T – June 17, 2011 12:15 PM PDT
    • I don’t understand why people thought that it’s okay to say “neck-rape” because it sounds silly… there are plenty other euphemisms for being bitten. Joking about rape in any way is offensive, even moreso when you make it silly/ridiculous. 1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted every day. Real friggin’ funny.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We get Jules, you are offended. It’s been removed, let it go.

Comment by Me – June 16, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m becoming even more offended by readers saying that joking about rape isn’t a big deal, and telling victims of sexual assault (like me) to “get over it”. When the insensitivity stops, that’s when I’ll “let it go”.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Did not say it was just a joke, you just don’t need to post repeatedly how upset we are, it’s evident.

Comment by me – June 16, 2011 01:05 PM PDT
          • He wasn’t joking about your rape. The problem is that you are making it about your experience.

Comment by captain – June 17, 2011 11:41 AM PDT
  • I personally hope it is Sam.
    For those whining about “neck-raped” lighten up and get over it.

Comment by J. – June 15, 2011 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you ever been raped? As someone who nearly lost their life, and doesn’t enjoy the word “rape” being used in a joking/playful way, I dare you to look a rape survivor *in the eyes* and tell them “Lighten up and get over it” as you have just done. You cold bastard.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see some more of Nan getting her gay on, to be honest.

Comment by sarah – June 15, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking that Nan and Pam become a couple. That would be fun as they are both take no sh!t kind of women. But doubt AB will have any vamp-vamp couples. He’s about the vamp-human, were-human, etc.

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you haven’t read the current book … Pan does have a human gf.

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote Jessica.
    1) “I can eat whoever I want” – only clue I could find in the promo.
    2) Feeling like it’s the first time everytime she has sex would put me off too.

Comment by Ceecile – June 15, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Micheal please don’t start censoring your writing too much-it will get boring. He writes about tv shows ppl…..it suppose to be fun….

Comment by Eric – June 15, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was going to say Sam’s younger brother, but Tara makes sense.

Comment by RyanT – June 15, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree But didnt sam kill tommy at the end episode 12??
      And i Think tara too because she could feel like no man wants her or treats her good so she go too the witches and dates one !!

Comment by bailey – June 16, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After I read this the first person who came to my mind was Tara. Maybe Tara and Holly get it on.

Comment by mw – June 15, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My money is on:

Hoyt

but I want a girl this time, we already have lafeyette. No I’m not being a homophobe, TB already has two gay males and they were just sitting around idle last season, with not much going on. Maybe it might change the dynamic if they get a gay female too.

but maybe the character isnt necessarily into one sex, maybe bisexual, that way i think it could be Tara, Jessica or Sookie (following RL here). A lesbian would be cool too

Comment by XavierT – June 17, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m voting for Eric. Actually I’m hoping it’s Eric ;-)

Comment by Paulysj – June 15, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tara was my first guess. Could be Jason but I doubt it. It can’t be any of the vamps (Except Bill) because they’re all well known for being bisexual already.

Comment by Michelle – June 15, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda see all the vampires as being omnisexual anyway, so it wouldn’t be a big deal to see that Jessica was playing both sides. I think Tara’s more likely. She and Jason are practically the only two humans on the show. Not that many other characters out there that would make any sense to me.

Comment by BellevueTechie – June 15, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Pam and Eric both have tendencies to swing both ways, I would not be “shocked” to see them in a relationship of someone with the opposite sex. Jason is with Crystal and that will continue I assume….that leaves in my mind Tara , or as a longshot Hoyt or Sam.

Comment by Shelly – June 15, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah for me Jason is out, he already has the werepanther thing going on and he will be a cop. There is no doubt in my mind that TB will reserve Jason for the ladies, but that is not to say he wouldnt try anything with a guy.

Comment by XavierT – June 17, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like it to be vampire Bill, and have us find out that it causes instant and permanent death to male vampires.

Comment by Rocky – June 15, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read some spoiler a couple months ago about a new female charcter who was being introduced as a lesbian cage-fighter, and also that while Tara was gone she started cage-fighting herself. Who knows if that is actually true or not but I vote Tara as well…she needs to learn women are better in bed than men :)

Comment by Jenn – June 15, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well as a victim of sexual assault I have no problem with the term neck raped, as that’s exactly what I feel non-consensual biting would be. Since the act is largely penetrative, has a sexualized component, and non-consensual it fits the definition in both spirit and action.

And I’m hoping it’s Tara and I hope she gets it’s on with one of the witches. It’ll continue her bad taste in relationships while seeming a natural exploration due to her recent victimization, and bring her closer to the Tara of the novels who was part of the swingers group.

Comment by Tim – June 15, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tim – I appreciate your response to all this, and you’ve put this in a new perspective (about nonconsensual biting). I would just rather see that term used in context in the show to represent the idea you just described here, and not used lightly/jokingly the way Aus did. I did not expect that kind of “humor” here.

Comment by Jules – June 16, 2011 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We know who Eric is doing this year, and it rhymes with Nookie. That’s his plot right there.

I’m going to vote Bill. In the 4th novel (which this season is based on), they basically wrote him out completely. He appeared only at the very beginning and the very end, he was in South America while all this other stuff was happening.

They need to get him something to do, so I think a dude makes sense.

Comment by Mark – June 15, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think so too, it totally makes sense. I’m on the 8th book and so far Pam is the only one who makes sense, but we she’s already shown bisexual tendencies, so that doesn’t fit with Ausiello’s spoiler. Definitely agree that it might be Bill. 100% don’t think it will be Alcide or Eric, (although we’ve already seen that he likes men too). I suppose it could be Tara or Jessica though.

Comment by Danielle – June 15, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would think it would be Tara, but this article makes it sound like the Season 4 trailer had a clue, and Tara is barely in that trailer. Jessica, on the other hand, is in it a lot…

Comment by Abby – June 15, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Jessica and Pam…they started bonding last season and the trailer suggests that Jessica starts hanging out at Fangtasia a lot more often…

Comment by macandbreeze – June 15, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s Jessica or Tara. Both have pretty traumatic sex lives so it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them went for the ladies for a change. I’m hoping Jessica, I’m really not a Hoyt fan at all.

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i really don’t want it to be eric or sookie. i’m a book fan & i want it to be as much like the books as possible. wouldn’t mind if it was bill…though i think it might be tara. jessica, your kinda just waiting for her to dump hoyt & try women or even the 2 natures. (a taboo for vamps. young ones like to be perverse.) though with her still having her virginity & all i kinda don’t really see that.

some of us book fans are pretty sure tara is taking the place of a witch character in the latter books, amelia. if this is true then, she has a little liaison with book pam. so, it very well could be tara with pam or another character.

as for pam’s sexual orientation she goes both ways on the show as she dose in the books but in both she prefers women over men. she hits on jason in season 1.

Comment by Teri – June 15, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s hard to imagine any news less shocking (or interesting at this point) than yet another character on True Blood being gay.

Comment by Chuck – June 15, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear Alan Ball please turn them all gay!!! And then turn True Blood into Cafe Flesh!

Comment by Alexis – June 15, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although the obvious choice would be Tara, I’d like for it to be someone you wouldn’t expect. With that said, my guess is Maxine Foytenberry.

Comment by Corinne – June 15, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha! That is exactly what I was thinking! It would be so hilarious if all of the sudden Maxine Fortenberry just became this liberal, vamp-loving lesbian. I can see it now…Pam and Maxine! Paxine!!! Oh wow, I should really stop now!

Comment by Emily – June 15, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be HYSTERICAL!

Comment by aleksa – June 16, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh please…dont let it be another female. Every time a show goes the gay route, 9 times out of 10 they do the lesbian thing, to be ‘safe’ with the public and censors. Granted HBO doesnt censor, but c’mon, lets finally have a real good positive male/male relationship for once. If they’re going to make ‘em be naked so much, let ‘em just do it. We need to see more than just the usual titties and nekked lesbians.

Comment by Jolt – June 15, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry do you not watch the show? Have you ever heard of two characters named Layfette and Jesus?!

Comment by me – June 15, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • uhh yes…and is it a major storyline? no.. And I dont count that psychedelic romp either. They’re not major characters either. Let them bust open the show with this. If it’s Tara, it’s so predictable and useless, she’ll be a dithering drama case.

Comment by Jolt – June 15, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ARE YOU FOR REAL???????????

99% of the time, a gay character comes into a show, its a gay male. When people say gay = gay men, most of the time, the lesbian thing. Again I ask are you for real, the gay male storyline is the popular one because its more taboo in society and storytellers like something that is more meatier. in most shows its the gay male first who make an apperance then a gay female follows later. They didnt even say the character is going to be a gay female anyway, it could be another gay male for all we know and they would be THREE. Yes true blood already has GAY MALES, if you dont know.

Comment by XavierT – June 17, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Tara cause she’s the only one who would make sense. I can’t see it being Eric cause he said after the shock and imo Eric wouldn’t be shocking.

Comment by s – June 15, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope it’s a guy! Much hotter than two girls together for me! But I’m gay man so…

Comment by thelstrikeman – June 15, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree..and be nice to see ‘us’…that’s not on a comedy or psycho to pander to the holy rollers. We have to see all the M/F and sometimes F/F stuff on every show .. so let them set the bar.

Comment by Jolt – June 15, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I’m a straight female, so I agree with you too :-P

Comment by Me – June 15, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well there were actually already scenes like this with Eric and Talbot and Sam and Bill had also a little bit of an homoerotic encounter.

Comment by sss – June 15, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Jason. He is such a man-whore/womanizer that he’s actually overcompensating for knowing that deep down he is gay.

Comment by Scott – June 15, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS makes more sense then everything else I’ve read here. I can totally see this coming.. but it’ll still blow me away haha.

Comment by Danielle H. – June 15, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt it’s Jason with Crystal still being on the show for the whole season.

Comment by Felicia – June 16, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s Jason. He’s never had chemistry with any of the women he’s been with and I think he’s overcompensating with his womanizing.

Comment by cen – June 16, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’d be refreshing if the article was actually about a “romance” shocker, and didn’t really care about the sex of the participants, whether it be heterosexual or homosexual in nature.

Maybe it’s just me. I don’t care what gender the participants are. Just that they’re participating.

Comment by Leithen – June 15, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Tara and Pam the clue in the trailer is at 1:04 when Pam pops up and Tara holding the gun gives her that look.

Comment by Louis – June 15, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought was Sam actually (after his “connection” with Bill’s blood and his fantasizing about him) but to keep her character interesting, I guess it could be Tara…

Comment by MV – June 15, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post