Emmys

Emmy Scoop: Joshua Jackson, Melissa McCarthy To Announce Nominees on July 14

Get More: Awards, Emmys

It’s not an actual nomination but it’s still a pretty cool honor: Mike & Molly‘s Melissa McCarthy and Fringe‘s Joshua Jackson have been tapped to announce this year’s Emmy noms on Thursday, July 14.

The duo will join Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Chairman John Shaffner at the pre-dawn ceremony.

The actual Emmys — hosted by Glee‘s Jane Lynch — will air live Sunday, Sept. 18 on Fox. Until then, you can dive deep into TVLine’s ongoing preview of television’s biggest night right here, in our special Emmys section.

Comments (42)

• interesting…

Comment by Pat – June 15, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope we get to see Joshua Jackson announce noms for his co-stars.

Comment by Dick Whitman – June 15, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree, I would especially love to see him announce John Noble’s name.

Comment by Amanda – June 15, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, please!

Comment by Pamela – June 15, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope in the category Lead Actress to hear him say Anna Torv.

Since they will anounce traditionally, the man wil anounce the women,
      so Anna Torv would do nicely.

Comment by Guest – June 15, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah wouldn’t that be a kick. Oh I wasn’t given much to do, I didn’t have a darn double to play, people were mad at me for not telling the two Olivias apart and now my two costars are being loved and respected while I’m not, so let me announce Anna (blah) Torv and John (blah) Noble as nominees.

Comment by Peoplewinston – June 15, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’ve never worked on an acting project and felt genuine joy for a colleague, have you?

Comment by Johnification – June 15, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not if I was given crappy storylines to work with and half of the fanbase hated me because of my costars character, or better yet, her stupid doppleganger.

Comment by People – June 15, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Half the fanbase hates Peter? How could anyone hate Peter? :(

Comment by mcat – June 15, 2011 09:10 PM PDT
          • I have never met a Fringe fan who hates Peter. I’m really not sure where you get this.

Comment by Kate – June 15, 2011 09:39 PM PDT
          • This is this one psycho person who goes around from website to website declaring that everybody hates Peter, that the show is out to get Joshua Jackson and there’s all some big conspiracy at work, so “Fringe” is crap and nobody should watch it. She’s unstable. Do not provoke.

Comment by Amy – June 15, 2011 10:35 PM PDT
    • Absolutely!!

Comment by Bethany – June 16, 2011 12:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch both of their shows and consider both of them great actors. At least this is a sure way that the Emmy’s know that Fringe exists and hopefully we get what we’ve been waiting for.

Comment by Danielle – June 15, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • woooow that´s nice!
    I love Melissa she is super funny and I watch Fringe and Joshua is awesome! so it´s a good combination between those two…looking forward to it.

Comment by Julia – June 15, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it started at 5:40 am Pacific time.

Comment by LOL – June 15, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NICE! maybe next year James Van Der Beek will be announcing. lol

Comment by Murilo Maceda – June 15, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For the love of all that’s holy….please let this be a good sign that John Noble and Anna Torv get the recognition they deserve. The rest of the cast is deserving as well, but if those two are not nominated it will be asinine.

Comment by May – June 15, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for Joshua Jackson to announce John Noble and Anna Torv!

Comment by Kay – June 15, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my goodness…. Please let this mean that Joshua Jackson gets to announce the name of his co-star JOHN NOBLE. That would be one of the greatest Emmy nomination surprises ever!

Comment by Mindy – June 15, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awww, it’s like a little WB/CW reunion!

Comment by Cynthia – June 15, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just glad the TV Academy is actually acknowledging the existence of Fringe. Any nominations would be icing on the cake.

Comment by Kaiulani – June 15, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. Let us here John Noble’s name. He so deserves the nomination. And in my opinion…the win.

Comment by Ali – June 15, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get too excited, everyone. Joel McHale announced the nominations last year, and Community wasn’t nominated for anything.

Comment by Laura – June 15, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed… This means absolutely NOTHING in terms of nominees.

Comment by Frenchie – June 15, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! I love both of these actors.

Comment by Emma – June 15, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Melissa will announce Lauren Graham’s name.

Comment by Laurie – June 15, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! if parenthood got nominated id be so happy but it doesnt seem like it will happen.

Comment by Jake – June 15, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to be a party pooper, but the nomination announcements NEVER include supporting categories, so even if Noble somehow gets in, Joshua Jackson won’t be reading it. Still, since the Emmys hate the WB and CW so much, it’s nice that they’re letting the stars of Dawson’s Creek and Gilmore Girls do the nominations.

Comment by John K. – June 15, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On GMA?

Comment by Bobbi – June 15, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Joel mcHale announced the nominees last year and Community was nowhere in the ballot.

Just saying.

Comment by V – June 15, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I choose to be optimistic. Here’s hoping for some Fringe love at the Emmys!

Comment by Chatty – June 15, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love, love them to be nominated but sci-fi doesn’t fly at the Emmys. Guess how many times David Duchovny was nominated for The X Files (& remember there were 6 or 7 good years before it went all silly) Twice! & he never won.

Comment by deedeedragons – June 15, 2011 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tell it to the other XF star, Gillian Anderson, who has a Best Actress Emmy sitting at home.

Comment by Amy – June 15, 2011 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joshua Jackson plus Melissa McCarthy equals best pitch for a romcom I’ve heard in years.

Comment by Amy – June 15, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Joshua Jackson gets to announce the always amazing John Noble. That would make me very happy!

Comment by br – June 15, 2011 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t tried watching Mike and Molly in a while, but Melissa McCarthy is absolutely wonderful.

Comment by Dirk – June 15, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the Emmy is already obvious the Fringe and it’s top thespians are up for the big prizes… Well, I could only hope…

Comment by Missy – June 16, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna see Josh announce Anna Torv and John Noble as nominees!

Comment by Annie – June 16, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? Just so Josh can feel like crap considering HE NEVER GETS ANYTHING TO DO ON THIS STUPID STUPID STUPID SHOW!

Comment by RebeccaHall – June 24, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it been a few years ago, that every time the announcers (or one of them) get nominated, and I really hope that Melissa McCarthy get nominated

Comment by Mike – June 17, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pacey and Sookie announce together, then Pacey’s Mom hosts? Awesome. Seriously (although I was actually being serious before, too), I’d love to see some Fringe nominations!

Comment by Christy – June 28, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Joshua Jackson should get to announce his co-stars’ names, and also his partner. Melissa McCarthy earned a nod in a big way (no pun intended – OK, maybe a little bit).

Comment by Howard – July 6, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post