America's Got Talent: Pool-Playing Canine Rules Day 2 of Seattle Auditions

Day 2 of the America’s Got Talent Seattle auditions felt like it was the product of some NBC exec waking up with a Saturday-afternoon hangover, slapping herself on the forehead, and realizing: “Whoops! We need an hour of programming for that one-hour block before The Voice on Tuesday night!” The slapdash results weren’t completely without merit — pint-sized dance crew The Art of Teknique was awfully cute, and I suppose the Illumini Men’s Choir was entertaining — but at the end of the day, my favorite act was one that got “no to Vegas” votes from Sharon and Howie. (Only Piers was loopy enough to say “Yes!”) Call me crazy/infantile/tasteless, but I giggled heartily watching “Amadeus,” a 2-year-old Chihuahua mix (or I think he was a Chihuahua mix) “playing” “pool.”

Check the video of Amadeus here, then weigh in on Tuesday night’s AGT down in the comments. Who was your favorite? Did Amadeus get ripped off? Could Nick Cannon be any more irksome? All must be revealed, people!

1. Jacques says:

The Seattle auditions sucked. All of them. No worthy talent mentioning. Not this or last week.

2. marygrace says:

Show is so silly but I watch it anyway. Loved the pool playing pup!

3. Matuse says:

So far no one as entertaining as “Prince Poppycock” has audtioned. Blah season so far.

4. Jack says:

The dog was terrible. It didn’t do anything that any animal couldn’t do. It just hit balls against the wall until they went into the pockets. It’s not like they went straight in. It banged them against the wall sometimes 5 times before going towards the pocket. It’s not good just because it’s a dog. If Sharon, the animal adorer, said no, you know it’s brutally awful. Come on, man.

5. Another Jack says:

I quite like the comedian. Nervous though he may have been, his material was brilliant, reminiscent of the best of Steven Wright.

6. Cassie May says:

So far, I have not been impressed with anyone. At. All. I thought America had more talent than this…Guess it’s all at Idol, Voice, X-Factor, Sing-Off, etc., etc., etc.

7. Sara says:

Slezak why do you even cover this show…?

8. MusicFan says:

Nick’s gotta go!!

• Selbs says:

MusicFan you are soooooooo right on the money! I never dreamed I would miss Jerry Springer. He’s such a little twerp. I wish he’d stay home and take care of the twins. As a matter of fact, if he wasn’t married to Mariah he’d probably be flipping burgers at McDonalds. He is not a talented person.

9. Bob says:

This was the worst audition show ever on AGT. Geechy guy was pretty funny and the Art of Teknique were good but the rest of the acts were as exciting as tap water. The dog was awful. Nick can’t hold a candle to Jerry Springer. The only thing that made the show even tolerable was Howie.

10. darcy's evil twin says:

Doggone it! If I’d known a pool-playing dog was going to be on the program I might have watched! Hey, Bob – there is NO such thing as an awful dog. :-) Woof!