TVLine Items: AMC Goes C-C-Crazy, Meet Kelsey Grammer's Boss, and More TV News to Know

You can take the crazy out of Pine Valley (and straight to Oak Haven), but it’ll ultimately rear its ugly gorgeous head again. Such is the case with All My Children‘s latest batch of returning vets.

Bringing the bonkers back to the expiring ABC sudser this summer will be Melissa Egan (playing cuckoo-bananas Annie Chandler), Jennifer Bassey (reprising her role of off-kilter Marian Colby) and — wait for it — Kate Collins, aka Janet “From Another Planet” Green, TV Guide Magazine reports.

All My Childen Alum Lawyers Up for USA Network Series

The trio of crazy ladies will return to Children — together! — the week of July 25, when they all escape Oak Haven and reunite with their loved ones in Pine Valley. Previously announced returner Cady McClain (aka Dixie) will make her way back to civilization (and Tad!) with the group as well.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Kelsey Grammer is headed back to TV this fall as the star of Starz’s new drama Boss, and since the teaser looks pretty badass, we’ll just pretend that whole Real Housewives of Beverly Hills thing never happened. Take a peek at the trailer below:

• Though funnyman (?) Rob Schneider’s CBS pilot wasn’t initially picked up at the last month’s upfront presentation, it has since received a scaled-back order — and it now costars Cheech Marin. The strong midseason contender is based on Schneider’s real-life experience as a longtime bachelor who marries into a traditional Mexican-American family, says Deadline. Marin, of course, will play the actor’s father-in-law.

• Nat Geo Wild has ordered four new series, says The Hollywood Reporter: Baby Animal Cam and Babies Gone Wild (which are both pretty self-explanatory), World’s Weirdest (which finds strange animals around the globe), and the Henry Rollins-hosted Animal Underworld (which examines people and the exotic creatures they interact with).

• Do you like Schweddy Balls? Hope so, because Ana Gasteyer told NY1.com that her infamous Saturday Night Live sketch, which costarred Molly Shannon and Alec Baldwin, is begetting it’s own Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor this Christmas! OK, she’s perhaps kidding, since the frozen dessert giant declines to confirm the claim, but it’s a funny thought, right? I mean, I’d eat it. Should I not say things like that? Oh well…

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Nicole says:

Janet AND Marian are returning to AMC?! I thought nothing could make me want to watch the show again, but I was wrong…

• NYCWMN says:

Ok as a low-end tech user, I really need to know if I can only view this via computer or another more convenient way. I have DirecTV if that factors in. Thanks!!!! Missing AMC didn’t think I would…

2. Lois says:

The Kelsey Grammer teaser wasn’t “badass” or even slightly interesting. *yawn*

• IMHO says:

I wouldn’t say it was badass either (how come you can curse but we can’t?). However, Kelsey is such a talented actor, I will give it a try.

3. kozmikg@yahoo.com says:

OMG, Janet is coming back? I’m in. I remember when she threw her sister in the well and assumed her identity. One of my favorite storylines from all of soapdom. Though nothing beats Jean Randolph imprisoning Dorian for months on OLTL.

4. Amanda says:

I have no interest in anything Kelsey Grammar anymore. He’s a douche.

• Team K says:

You have no idea about the truth. If you did, you’d be saying that about the psycho he was married to.

• Amanda says:

How do you know “the truth.” And my opinion stems from many things, not just his marriage to Camille. Go do some research and be reminded of a lot of things in his life.

5. Pickle8182 says:

LOVE Kelsey. I’ll be watching!

6. Abe Froman says:

Maybe if they had put this kind of effort into AMC years ago the show wouldn’t have been cancelled.

• MrMank says:

There is absolutely nothing to back up that statement. The age of the afternoon soap has passed. Nothing could have saved this show, or any of the others. GH, DOOL and whatever’s left will soon follow suit.

7. Carrie says:

The three crazy ladies escaping from Oak Haven sounds like a lot of fun. I figured they’d bring Janet back before the show ended. I miss Marian and I thought Annie became a lot more interesting when she went nuts. When the character first joined the show, she was extremely boring.

8. Julia says:

I know Marcy Walker isn’t acting anymore, but I would love to see her return to Pine Valley. I would tune in to watch her.

• eric says:

I love her! Recasting Liza never worked for me. I only started watching the show because of her. I was a big Eden fan on Santa Barbara. I know she won’t come back, but it would be awesome.

9. MrMank says:

I will check out anything Kelsey Grammer is involved in. The man is immensely talented. Hank was an awfully written piece of crap, unfortunately, but Back To You had a lot of promise and just didn’t attract an audience. I don’t envy Grammer’s job as an actor. He has to shed 20 years of Frasier Crane, a role he played brilliantly. I don’t know if Boss is the right show, but I’m waiting for Grammer’s next big thing. I, for one, will be watching.

10. Amber says:

11. s says:

Jannie Lives! WOOHOOOOOO I will def tune in now to see Annie. loved her.

12. Cloudy Knight says:

Come on, didn’t Dixie die right in front of a room full of people? She’d already come back from the “dead” at least once before that, too. Unless she’s coming back as a ghost, this is a fail.

• Colleen says:

They’ve already shown that Dixie is alive. Whatever. Who cares if it is implausible? AMC effed up the story in the first place. They should never have killed her. Might as well try to make up for it now. The show is ending. Give the fans the romantic Tad and Dixie reunion they want.

I am very excited for Janet and Marian coming back. That sounds like a ton of fun.

13. Jeff says:

BOSS looks cool. Kelsey is an incredible actor and this looks like the role of a lifetime for him. Gus Van Sant is producer and director of this so it will be good no doubt.

14. Allison says:

“Was Kate Collins the original Natalie/Janet or was she the second actress they brought in to play Janet after she had plastic surgery? I’m hoping she was the first, I liked her better.”

Yes, I, too, prefer Kate Collins and look forward to her return!