Damages Season 4 Trailers: Patty Growls, Ellen Strips, and John Goodman Roars!

At the risk of blatantly taunting those out there who do not have DirecTV, I bring you the latest trailers for Damages Season 4, which will air exclusively on the satellite dish service beginning July 13. (Everyone else will simply have to wait for the DVD set.)

The new season of the acclaimed drama series again stars Glenn Close and Rose Byrne, while the heavy-hitting ensemble this time around includes John Goodman (playing the shadowy CEO of a Blackwater-like military contractor and the defendant in a wrongful death suit), Judd Hirsch (Numb3rs, as a former mentor of Patty’s who has hit bottom), Griffin Dunne (After Hours, playing a foreign news correspondent), and Chris Messina (Six Feet Under, as an Iraq war vet/former high school classmate of Rose’s).

Take a look at this trailer shared by the Damages Facebook page:

And here is a slightly different teaser, brought to you by the New York Post:

Comments (25)

• Rihanna seems like an odd choice to promote Damages, I wish they would’ve gone with something else.

That said, I CAN’T WAIT.

Comment by Dick Whitman – June 14, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Forget about the artist, listen to the lyrics & the emotion it provokes. I think the song really fits as Ellen’s theme tune. Look at all 3 series thus far: Ellen works for Patty in a thankless capacity -(even when she is not actually working for Patty), she looses everyone close to her, and yet she comes back for more.
      “I love the way it hurts.” I can hear her saying this in the shower at the end of the day when she’s tired, no one else is around and she let’s her guard down.

Comment by Pretty Dan Clever – July 17, 2011 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot wait, even though I live in Canada (and I’m blatantly saying i will be streaming the show online), there’s a love/hate relationship with Direct TV: they saved Damages for two more seasons, but only broadcast in the US.

Comment by mario – June 14, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How will you stream it?

Comment by Martin – June 27, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is available in the Canadian iTunes store.

Comment by Greg – July 14, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the song is fine for the promo. We all know the show has a dark history regarding love, lies and deceit and having a familiar song people recognize helps in marketing the series.

Looking forward to the new season.

Comment by Lynne – June 14, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why can’t I find this song on iTunes. What is the song name?

Comment by Kathryn Lysko – June 24, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST SERIES EVER! Glad Direct tv saved it even tho I don’t have it. I will be at a friends/family/strangers house watching every Wednesday.

Comment by jasin – June 14, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Damages episodes be available for sale on Itunes or the Playstation Network?

Comment by ty – June 14, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly, I hope so and there is no way I’m waiting over a year for the DVDs.

Comment by Vince – June 14, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, not untill the season is over on Directv.

Comment by Caio – June 14, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait for the DVD? What century are you living in? We’ll just watch it for free on the Internet like we do everything else.

Comment by Michael R – June 14, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what’s the best place to download these episodes for free? I’m also looking to get Season 2 of Luther now airing in the UK. Thanks

Comment by ty – June 15, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve nver been happier to be a DirecTV subscriber. Damages is my favorite show, I can’t wait!

Comment by Dave – June 14, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally Damages is back! Looks great

Comment by Jason A – June 14, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST. SHOW. EVER.

(by the way, it is so great to see the two remarkable leads doing so extremely well : Glenn Close could finally win her Oscar this year and Rose Byrne had 3 (!) critically acclaimed Box Office-hits in 2011.

Bottom line : Rose Byrne is SO winning a Golden Globe for Damages thanks to her recent hits and Close is SO winning an Oscar…

Comment by phantom – June 14, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! So glad I will be able to download the 720p quality eps for FREE and watch them on my TV. Thank you internet for all the free shows, movies, games and music over the last 15 years!

Comment by YES! – June 14, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just from that i already smell a nomination for Goodman.

Comment by deedeedragons – June 14, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i don’t know how anyone watches that show on tv. … waiting a week between episodes… i always wait for the dvd and have a 12 hour damages marathon. i can’t stand to wait to find out what crazy stuff patti has gotten up to… and sometimes it’s so full on you can’t remember wat’s happened up until then. and the recaps would have to go for a half the episode to truly get you up to date. even watching the series straight in a row u forget some things that happened in the beginning because there is so much! i guess that is also why it is so good. it’s so meat-y!

Comment by justin – June 15, 2011 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn- so p!$$ed I got rid of DirecTv……if ONLY for Damages.

Comment by DMC – June 26, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to know who sings the theme song to damages season for

Comment by rouls siderakis – July 10, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am in Canada and enjoyed in fact loved watching DAMAGES via FX but since they are no longer carrying the show then DirecTV picked it up.
    That’s great for you people who live in the great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! Because DirecTV is not available in CANADA as some of you said we have to wait until Season 4 comes out on DVD!! What a pile of rubbish!!! I was so looking forward to July 13 only to find out that the carrier of DAMAGES does not cross the border from the U.S. to CANADA!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS? I HAVE NEVER DOWNLOADED ANYTHING ON MY COMPUTER AND WOULDN’T KNOW WHERE TO START.

THIS IS NOT A FAIR WORLD!!!

Comment by Louise – July 14, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the solution of your problem is simply you can watch it in streaming like i do, i’m linving in italy and i do it like that. try it!!!

Comment by lontanissima – July 29, 2011 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in Canada as well. You can watch Damages on Netflix. Check out their website. It’s very easy. there are 8 episodes available as of today. plus the last 3 seasons.

Comment by Jo – September 5, 2011 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Republic Of Ireland,Damages started 13th October.Its on soooo late though.past 12am twice a week.I only started watching half way through 3rd series.I am gripped.

Comment by veronica bellotti – September 16, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post