True Blood Spoiler Alert: Watch The First EIGHT Minutes of the Season 4 Premiere Now!

HBO has unveiled an additional two minutes of True Blood‘s forthcoming Season 4 premiere, and if you thought the first six minutes were trippy, well, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Hint: Imagine what it would be like if TB did a crossover with Planet of the Apes and Land of the Lost. Actually, no need to imagine anything — just press play and fast-forward to the 4-minute mark.

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. jenny says:

Can’t wait for Season 4..but this is just ridiculous.

2. john says:

WTF? I love the show, but this looks crazy. And it varies wildly from the books, something that won’t be liked at all by the hardcore fans.

• corey says:

Not sure what series you watch but the Books and the series are two different animals for the most part, very few similarities.

3. Robin says:

Book 4 was one of my favorite books in the series, but this clip is ridiculous. I was waiting for someone to jump out and scream “April Fool” or something. This isn’t even part of the book. Mab is not even in this series!!!! Claudine is supposed to be good and beautiful. And they definetly don’t change their appearances like that. I am very scared to see how the rest of this season unfolds now.

Man that was awful!

• Kae says:

Charlaine Harris herself has said again and again the books and the TV show are two different stories. The HBO series started off using her characters, but has gone its own way and should be viewed as a completely seperate tale. I’ve read all the books as well, and I suggest you stop the comparisons. Both show and books are enjoyable in their own ways.

• Robert says:

I read that too and I do look at them as completely different things. I think it’s interesting how they are starting off the season and fairy land is only going to be in the first few minutes. I love the show and book. I’ve found there are some comparisons between the books and the show, but I know that the tv world is completely different from the books. Every tv show is different from the books that started a show. Look at Vampire Diaries.

• abby says:

agreed! bones is another example of a show based on a book that has a completely separate storyline. they are all enjoyable and well-contained in the world the writers, of the books and series respectively, have created!

• Mari says:

Well said!!

4. KarenT says:

Hmm.. not sure I’m liking this new change. First Sam, and now this? Well, let’s see how it plays out. Claude is supposed to be devastatingly handsome. *sigh*

5. Phyllis says:

what is this i don’t even…

6. Cindy says:

Wow…that was…bad. I hope the fairy stuff a very small portion of the season if this is any indication of how it’s going to be handled.

7. scorpo says:

I can’t wait!!!

8. kat says:

I’m suddenly having Charmed flashbacks.

9. Geff says:

I’m sorry I agree this is ridiculous, Alan Ball I’ve tied time and time again to think maybe this season he’ll follow pretty close to the book. Honestly I’m worried to watch and see how much you’ve messed up “Dead to the World” . It’s such an amazing book and so many good things happen in the book. This Clip is far from what your getting across. You’ve made Sookie something I don’t recognize anymore. Her book counterpart could kick this TV show’s version to the curb in a heart beat. Ahhh, I’m just not happy with this. Alan Ball you’ve ruined Claudine for me, she’s one of favorites. I give up….

• Gregory says:

The tv series is not a straight adaptation of the Southern Vampire Mysteries, it is a different beast and can go its own way, and still come out of it as good as the book, like The Walking Dead did. You want to give up? It’s your loss

• a fan says:

yes..agree….this is totally been ruined.give up

10. Jessica Oliver says:

I generally enjoy how TB varies from the books, like Lafayette and the Maenad in season 2, but honestly….WTF is this?! I was disappointed last season, and was hoping that the great story line in book 4 would bring the show back to awesome, but…I hope this is a dream or something.

11. scooby12353 says:

I love, love, love these books and the TV series but after the whole Maryann storyline in Season 2 I’ve stopped trying to compare them. The 4th book is my favorite but I don’t think we’re going to see a strict page-to-screen adaptation. Based on the first few minutes the shows fae storyline seems more interesting than the books.

12. Iggi says:

True Blood did not used to be like this. Now it’s a lot more like Buffy, I for one am loving it.

• Murph says:

As am I! It’s kind of kooky stuff, which they’ve always done, but it seems even more amped up this season. It’s not cheesy, just fun. I like that the creators aren’t taking this show too seriously. They’re just keeping with the exciting, guilty pleasure vibe and I, for one, am loving it.

13. Dave says:

Lame. Very lame. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

14. DL says:

I haven’t read the books, and I’ve loved the previous seasons of TB, but admittedly even I’m a little put off by this.

15. Mari says:

I know this is different from the book but I think it’s AWESOME! I cannot wait to see this season already!!!!

Obviously, Charlaine Harris doesn’t have a problem with it…so come on fellow TB fans give it a chance…Alan Ball hasn’t let us down yet!

16. jenniwren says:

It kind of reminded me of an episode of Star Trek (the original series) with extra cheese! The Costumes! The glowy fruit! Canyons! Pointy Ears ;p
    But I’m keeping an open mind & looking forward to season 4:)

17. Jessica says:

So does this mean Sookie’s grandad dies… again?

18. deedeedragons says:

Isn’t that the same valley where Buffy was filmed?

19. lostie48 says:

okay I was really looking forward to this season but that clip was seriously out of control. It was like The Hills Have Eyes meets Harry Potter or something. Very strange…

20. evs says:

is it too much to ask for a little Eric and scairy/hot atmosphere? I did not sign up for the Neverending story (though I love that book on it’s own)! I’m officially very worried about how this is gonna turn out. I’m gonna keep (re)reading the books, hopefully someone on TB staff will as well

• ang says:

AGREED! Can we just skip past the throwing glitter fire bombs (which looks like a bad Lady Gaga video) and get to the ‘Soooookie….is….MINE’ part???

21. Eva says:

That is so creepy, speedy and fun. I had a Buffy moment there. Loved it!!!

22. amanda says:

Love this. I dont get why everyone is trashing it. In the later books when they get into more about the fairies, they explain that they are ficious. The almost kill Bill and take big bites outta Sookie. Alan Ball has taken some craetive license with them and I think it will be wonderful just like everything else he does. Come on June 26th.

23. D. Marie says:

I read all the comments before looking at the clip. I have to admit, I almost psyched myself out of watching it. I’m glad I watched anyway. Yes, it’s weird, ridiculous, and crazy, but I was just about to fall asleep with the initial “fairies are goodness and light” schpeel at the end of last season. BO-RING. I can watch cartoons for that. This? MUCH better. I’m in. Has to be better than Maryann The Maenad. *Zzzz*

24. Allie says:

I try to look at the books and the show as two separate things and I love both separately but equally. And I have even liked a lot of the differences in the show like Laffayette and Jessica (two of my favorite characters). I don’t even mind the story they are trying to tell in this scene (i.e. that there are bad fairies trying to close off their realm to that of the human world). But the way they have shot this and the special effects (using that term loosely) they have used here are horrible. If they are going to do something like this you have to do it right. The beautiful fairy land should look like a magical oasis in a beautiful garden (not like it was shot in a large concrete room that they happened to put a tree in the middle of and some benches around the sides) and the scary reality of the fairy world should look awful and dark and actually scary. This just looks pathetic and cheap and like a cross between a bad 80s kids program and a 90s WB show. Doesn’t HBO have more money than this? If they can afford to make shows like Game of Thrones, surely they can give TB enough money to make this scene visually stunning and the special effects something to be remembered not laughed about.

25. Morgan says:

Personally, I think that what Alan Ball is doing with the Fey mythology is way better then what Sharlaine Harris did in the books! Mab is exactly what she should be, if we assume that these are the Unseelie Fey, and the magic effects were pretty good, really! I also like Claude, cos’ the guy in the end was most definitely Claude, and Lara Pulver as Claudine is simply perfect… So I for one would love to find out how this plotline unrevels! Besides, what we see in the 1st 6 mins is an illusion made by Mab which, I belive, is NOT supposed to be all thah convincing, keeping in mind that she’d feeding everyone with the fruits… Why bother make a good illusion, when all it takes is one bite and they’d be bespelled? lol Anyway, bottom line is, I for one am getting exactly the fairy storyline I wanted and envisioned! Besides… I think it will only get better from here!

26. Travelocity Gnome says:

Giles said there are more Hellmouths all over the world…
    I miss Buffy.

and Gilmore Girls. :(

27. Amilah says:

Granted, this opening scene looks a little cheezy, but it totally makes sense! In the books, there is a fairy war and some are with Sookie and some are against. Claude and Claudine work to protect Sookie and her grandfather figures greatly into the storyline. I think you guys have to trust Alan Ball’s vision – I really believes he’s tying all the interesting elements of the books into each season. Let’s be honest, Charlaine’s books kind of take a dive later in the series so I welcome the creative changes.

28. Laurel says:

The series is called TRUE BLOOD
    It is NOT called the Sookie Stackhouse Series like the novels were.

Alan Ball is NOT making a show out of the books !
    He has said so since day one.
    So has Charlaine Harris.
    Alan Ball is making a show “LOOSELY BASED” on the Sookie Stackhouse Series.

I am a fan of the books but I love the show too.
    There are somethings in the books that are better and there are some things on the show that are better like ( Lafayette !)

I kinda like that Alan Ball is using some creative license with the storyline.
    It’s time for the book fans to just chill.

29. Bobby says:

Loved it! Can’t wait for more.

30. B says:

Um…really? Is this for real? While I laughed (with an eye-roll accompaniment) at Sookie’s “fairy godmother” comment, overall this went downhill fast. I can only hope this nonsense is kept to a minimum this season!

31. A says:

Love the books, love the show, love that they are so different. Anna Paquin annoys the crap out of me, I can’t stand her fake southern accent, I watch the show for everyone else. This clip shows once again how terrible an acrtress she is… and as previously mentioned the special effects suck and the scary fae are pretty disturbing. If they are trying to draw people in and get them excited, they are failing miserably. I hope that this is just laying the groundwork for the fae war in a later season, and that now we get to see the good and beautiful sides of Claude and Claudine this season. Hopefully after this scene, the story goes back to the True Blood that we all know and love!

32. Sheikia says:

I kinda wished I had stopped at the six minutes. After that just looks terrible. I mean they are HBO for Christ’s sakes! Can they not get a better budget for special effects? Or maybe they spent all their budget on Game of Thrones…

33. Aisha says:

That was NOTHING like the book! I mean I LOVE the show but, I prefer the books! It’s pretty messed up how different they are!

34. Michael says:

I just hope AB doesn’t take this story into some crazy area and flub it up.

Yes, the book do talk about the fiary war and closing the door between the two worlds, but it wasn’t this stupid looking. I will still watch the show, just hope it doesn’t spiral into the world of just a another dumb show. I hate when shows start out great and then just get stupid.

35. Ms. Cataliades says:

Love the books and the series, understanding that they are two different animals…but? I agree that the fae scenes look like the first star trek series. I kept expecting one of the set pieces to wobble or fall over! I loved book 4 and am sure I will be disappointed with season four if this is how it goes…

36. auraeulogia says:

At least everyone now knows that you that spare 8 minutes of the TV to fix yourself sth to eat before the “real TRUE BLOOD
    ” season 4 begins.

37. Jinq says:

It doesn’t bother me that TB is “based” – loosely or otherwise – on the books. Like most fans of both, I’ve loved some things that AB has done and others not so much. However, adding or expanding characters and scenarios to the story is one thing, but this whole Fairyland scenario is something else altogether. It feels extremely cliched, for one thing ~ if you’re going to change an entire existing storyline, at least do something fresh and new. Basing a story in a well-known and loved existing world shouldn’t mean you can simply reimagine existing mythology because you think you know better. And that’s the vibe I’m getting. As for Charlaine Harris, either she’s not anywhere near as happy as she pretends to be, or she hopes that the series will hook new readers, as many of her devoted fans have not been happy with the last few books. In the end, AB cannot hope to please everybody… I’m sticking with the show and waiting to see how it all pans out… but I’ll be honest: I’m sticking around 90 percent for Eric. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.