Emmys

Emmys 2011: The Supporting Drama Actress Race in Review, Including Our Dream Nominees

Behind virtually every great TV headliner today there is a great, and often times large, ensemble. Which means that scoring a nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series may be one of the most competitive battles Emmy serves up. But with Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) braving the Lead Actress race this year and Rose Byrne out of the race entirely (Season 3 of Damages didn’t air during the eligibility period), watch for some new blood to be injected into the race.

More Emmy Races In Review: Lead Drama Actress | Drama Series | Supporting Comedy Actor | Supporting Comedy Actress | Lead Comedy Actor | Lead Comedy Actress | Comedy Series | Reality-Competition Program

Review this slideshow of the major contenders — including TVLine’s half-dozen Dream Nominees — then vote below for who you think are the six best. And check back Tuesday for our preview of the Supporting Drama Actor race!

Tags:

Comments (341)

• KaDee Strickland better be part of this category when the official nominations come out or else the category will be null and void as far as I’m concerned. She was amazing this year and totally put her heart and soul into Charlotte’s rape story. Who knows if she would win or not in the end but she really needs to be on the list this year.

Comment by Heather – June 13, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I concur.

Comment by the girl – June 13, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, she was the first person I checked – she deserves it above anyone else this year.

Comment by Courtney – June 13, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • although i agree with you i’m not getting my hopes to high for that. private practice has never been nominated for anything major yet so i doubt the Academy notices her perfomance :/

Comment by Mafalda – June 13, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, I doubt she will get recognized, but she definitely deserves to be nominated. She did a stellar job this year. :)

Comment by Becca – June 13, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. She was far above Ramierez and her screeching on grey’s. KaDee was awesome

Comment by Shirley – June 13, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • wow! u did not just say that Sara Ramirez was “screeching” in the music event. I understand u love Kadee, but there is no need to lie to make her look better than the rest. You need a reality check girl.

Comment by Sara Ramirez is the queen – June 13, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So someone who has different opinion than you needs a reality check? Really? Grow up!

Comment by giz – June 14, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What is wrong with you? I agree. Kadee was far better than Ramirez for me as well. Not everyone loved the musical crap. I personally hated it and hated her performance.Deal with it.

Comment by ha – June 15, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree Mae Whitman was fantastic this season on Parenthood. Kadee should defintely get the nod. I love Sara on Grey’s but I don’t think she had a breakthrough performance this year. The musical episode was horrible. I say this as a avid fan of grey’s. The singing didn’t have to occur. Jessica capshaw is another underrated actress. Jessica is a better actress than Sara.

Comment by Tw – June 19, 2011 07:53 PM PDT
        • Sorry, but she really was screeching in the Grey’s musical episode.

Comment by Kate – June 23, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sara is a great singer hence the Tony. But Emmy is for acting and while she is a good actor she is out of her league here.If there was an award for singing in a dramatic series I could see her nomination. But that’s not what Emmy is about.

Comment by George – June 22, 2011 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think that anyone is saying that Sara should be nominated purely based off her vocals in GA’s musical episode – everyone realizes that the Emmys are not judging talent in the same arena as the Tonys. What is in question is the acting performance that Sara gave this season, which was stellar. Regardless of her singing (which might I add, is good), Sara’s acting ability should more than earn her a nod.

Comment by Leah – June 27, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh My God, this is LAUGHABLE.

Comment by Chmarin – June 13, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sara Ramirez and KaDee Strickland are both long overdue for a nom. Especially Sara girl has been acting her ass off on Grey’s for years.

And I believe Sara’s Tony Award proves that she does not in fact “screech”.

Comment by Anna – June 13, 2011 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This.
      Elsewhere in Shondaland, Sara just did not do it for me this year. IMHO, I just do not feel that she’s that great of an actress. I wonder if she will indeed get a nod though.
      KaDee all the way. She is a REALLY good actress; she is nothing like her character IRL. She is one of the only reasons I still want to watch Private Practice. GO KADEE!

Comment by Danielle H. – June 13, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not only should KaDee Strickland be nominated, but I think she deserves the award! She was amazing in that storyline. Ironically the only competitor she should worry about in my opinion is Mae Whitman from Parenthood! I wish that Emmy wouldn’t snub that show!

Comment by PGP – June 14, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes!! Very happy about the KaDee Strickland love over here!

Comment by Tiffany – June 14, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are delusional. KaDee is a one-note actress lucky enough to be given the sympathy storyline of the season that always attracts attention – rape – whoever the actress.

She doesn’t stand a chance at a nomination.

Comment by Jana – June 14, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • woooooooahhhhh. That’s a tad harsh don’t you think? Rape is a very difficult topic to take on and KaDee did it brilliantly!

Comment by Lexie – June 23, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • KaDee Strickland was amazing this year. She totally deserves a nomination. Also, she is not a, “One-note actress.” In fact, she is very much on the Emmy radar. Her work with RAINN has reached volumes and that is the kind of thing that attracts attention from the Academy. You think you know how television works, but you just sit at home and watch. I work in television and while I am not associated with Private Practice, I can assure you that there has been great talk of KaDee Strickland’s performance this year. She has been getting definite Emmy buzz and I will not be surprised when she get that nomination. Sorry you are so misinformed.

Comment by Julie23 – June 23, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All these women work hard & are so good @ what they do. However, SARA RAMIREZ is who I vote for this year. Since she started on Grey’s, her character has been kicked around from one extreme to the next, has been hated on and given versatile story lines, & Ramirez has handled it! She’s entertaining, such a strong character on Grey’s – so talented!

Comment by michelle – June 14, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hands down, KaDee Strickland should already have her name sealed in the winner’s envelope!! I didn’t even watch Private Practice regularly but tuned in when I heard she was being given this compelling and controversial storyline. I was completely blown away by her performance and I have watched the show ever since.

Comment by Jeff – June 19, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot Melissa Leo for Treme. She is at least in the top 10 potential candidates, especially coming off her Oscar win…

Comment by chasgoose – June 13, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Melissa Leo was submitted in Lead Actress

Comment by John – June 13, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regina King definitely deserves this award. The episode Sideways was a great showcase of her talent. Southland really needs to win some Emmys.

Comment by kristina – June 13, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • REGINA KING is so awesome. She can play it all, and play it all so well! Great job Regina, I truly hope you are nominated and that you will win.

Comment by Jasmine – June 13, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was overjoyed that Shawn Hatosy got a nom in the CCTA, but King and Michael Cudlitz are also completely due for some awards love for their outstanding performances in Southland. It’s easily one of the best shows on TV.

Comment by DL – June 13, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The way KaDee Strickland handled her storyline as a survivor of sexual assault was amazing. She deserves some recognition for it with at least a nomination. She was brilliant.

Comment by Ashley – June 13, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Capshaw is missing on the last. She does a fantastic job on Grey’s.

Comment by AUST – June 13, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • true but there were other characters on the show that were more emmy worthy i.e. sara ramirez

Comment by amelia – June 13, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah No Thanks

Comment by John – June 13, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree about Jessica Capshaw. She blew me away in the musical episode with her scenes with Eric Dane (Mark).

Comment by Jeff – June 19, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She gets overlooked a lot, but Jennifer Carpenter really turned it out this season!

Comment by Jill – June 13, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Jennifer Carpenter has been fantastic from day one! I never really understood why she was supporting either. I thought she was bigger than Julie Benz on the show, and she was the ‘lead’ actress for four seasons.

Comment by Melissa – June 14, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This totally BELONGS to Margo Martindale!!

Comment by jrs – June 13, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, it does! However, KaDee Strickland gave a stellar performance this last season, and she definitely deserves a nomination at least. This is a tough category and I don’t envy the Emmy voters.

Comment by Chatty – June 13, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a season one Justified fan I couldn’t believe season 2 would be any better but Margo Martindale’s performance absolutely blew me away! My circle of Justified fans were saying she deserved the best supporting actress long before the nominations came out. I am sure that anyone who followed the season would without exception be in totol agreement. For those who didn’t watch and might support another nominee, they need to view this once in a lifetime role by any actress ever! There is no question in my mind if that all that were able to see this non-major network production, limited by those who able recieve FX, they would unaminously vote for Margo Martindale. Too bad that the network didn’t have the foresight to schedule reruns concurrent with the awards to increase exposure… VERY SHORT-SIGHTED !

Comment by chucklesx46 – August 14, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jasika Nicole- Fringe

Comment by koio – June 13, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like it or not, the shoo ins are: Archie Panjabi, Christine Baranski, Cristina Hendricks and Kelly Macdonald.

Comment by John – June 13, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No cable/quality network show viewer would not like this. Emmys aren’t just for the actors, they’re for the part. If your show sucks (i.e. Grey’s, Private Practice), or if you aren’t given a meaty role (i.e. Jasika Nicole), it doesn’t matter how talented you are.

Comment by Sam – June 13, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Sandra Oh? She was incredible dealing with the aftermath of the shootout.

Comment by graeme – June 13, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!!! she was amazing this season, especially portray cristina’ ptsd in the first half of the season

Comment by amelia – June 13, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I agree where is Sandra Oh! She was brilliant during her PTSD scenes and in the scenes she did get when the Calzonamark Circus was going on.

Comment by Lisa – June 13, 2011 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh’s work in the season finale of Grey’s alone should get her a nom. It didn’t even feel like acting, it felt like uncomfortably eavesdropping in on a fight between a pregnant woman who didn’t want to keep her baby and her husband who did. Completely real.

Comment by Rock Golf – June 13, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Why is this woman not on the list this year? Out of all the Grey’s actresses she was the best! That’s what I call acting.

Comment by all the way – June 15, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great actress. Terrible Grey’s writing. You can only do so much. I’d be shocked if anyone got a nod from this show. For years now ALL the actors on this show have saved it by being able to deliver the lines as written.

Comment by George – June 22, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with a definite nod for Kadee Strickland. And Jessica Capshaw might deserve a place too.

Comment by NK – June 13, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAE WHITMAN AND NO ONE ELSE.

Comment by line – June 13, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was PERFECT this season! If anyone from Parenthood deserves a nod, it’s her.

Comment by DS – June 13, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Her?

Comment by Michael B. – June 13, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Teecie – June 18, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sara ramirez & sandra oh from grey’s anatomy deserve spots, but above all, kadee strickland deserves it for private practice. “did you hear what happened to charlotte king?” was her show all the way and she did amazing the rest of the season also.

Comment by Bee – June 13, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True, where is Sandra Oh on that list? Sure she can’t sing, but she acted her ass off (as usual) this season on GA, and was freakin brilliant in pretty much every scene especially during the PTSD story line.

Comment by Kacey – June 13, 2011 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Margo Martindale is nominated, thats all I care about :)

Comment by Amy – June 13, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll second that. She was fantastic. No one else can touch her.

Comment by side3 – June 13, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – this category looks GREAT – most of these fine actresses are deserving, but all I want to see is Margo Martindale’s name on that ballot. She redefined the villain this season on Justified. What a powerhouse performance.

Comment by Alex – June 13, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of want Lisa E to win just so she can be like, “See you losers? You got rid of an Emmy winner!”

And she’s awesome in general, so…

Comment by zengarden – June 13, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House didn’t get rid of her, she decided to leave the show despite the producers’ best efforts to convince her to come back.

Comment by Akshay – June 13, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True it was her decision in the end, but I do feel like there was some small foul-play there. But this is coming from a viewer, not an insider, so I don’t really know anything.

Comment by zengarden – June 13, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t you bitter Huddy fangirls just shut up?! It was her decision not to take the deal, if her job wasn’t worth the paycut, so what?! Her acting definitely sucks too much to deserve an Emmy.

Comment by HOUSEfan – June 13, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well that’s just mean. geez

Comment by Ocean – June 13, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m… not a Huddy fan. Can’t us non-huddy fans realize that she is a good actress regardless of the crappy romantic story-line?

Comment by zengarden – June 13, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • s_Well that’s really a mean thing to say! You may not be fond of her … But don’t trash out her work or acting skills … I do think she is an amazing actress … All in subtlety ! And she deserves to be on this list!
        U can’t just blame her for writers’ mistakes.

Comment by Cosette – June 14, 2011 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, HOUSEfan. Not surprised that her crazy followers have flooded the poll. Still not going to convince anyone that she’s worthy of an Emmy. Better luck next time. Oh wait, she’s unemployed.

Comment by tripoli – June 14, 2011 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Calling others crazy doesn’t make you look especially sane, and resorting to hasty generalizations doesn’t make you look especially intelligent, to say the very least. No wonder you hate Lisa E.

Comment by Tony – June 14, 2011 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HOUSEfan: thank you for words of reason. Her decision to leave; and IMO incessant pouting & ranting do not make for great acting. Sharon Gless or Chloe Sevigny were brilliant this year….

Comment by Duskybatfishgirl – June 14, 2011 02:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HOUSEfan,

Why do you care about the Huddy fans. Lisa E is gone from House and won’t be back. It is just a way of saying thanks for 7 seasons of work

If you are REALLY a HOUSE FAN I would stop being concerned about the actress who jumped off the sinking ship and be more concerned about the ratings for next season 8

Judging by the season ratings especially the finale and it less than sparkling reviews the writers are going to be fighting a losing battle digging House of the self imposed exile.
        House is now a drug addicted,sociopath and is on the run from the law . Any viewers still watching should be concerned about how HOUSE keeps his medical license in a way that is plausible. Not to mention if Robert S Leonard misses some of the season your supporting actors are Taub,Thirteen and Foreman will certainly be featured heavily.

Don’t even discuss replacing Lisa E. Any actress they approach with the part will take one look at the misogynistic way the women are treated and will laugh out loud before leaving.
        Any actor they offer the part to will take one look at the salary being offered and will laugh before leaving as well.

Here it is HOUSEfan the writers have written themselves into a corner,the lead actress for seasons 1-7 has left and the ratings are the lowest they have been since season 1 and that is the good news. The bad news is that TPTB know it and don’t care about it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if HOUSE is cancelled mid season 8 due to declining ratings.
        and at this point I for one could not be happier

Comment by ebow – June 18, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @ ebow

While I don’t disagree with most of what you post above, It doesn’t address the question at hand. That being, should Lisa Edelstein win the Best Supporting Actress Drama award?
          In ordinary years I would say no. Her part is not meaty enough, but in this last year on House she will surely gain sympathy votes on 2 fronts,
          1) The undermining / cutting of her salary
          2) The horrible. . .HORRIBLE ending to the House season.

Combined, these 2 factors may give her the sympathy needed to push her over the top. We’ll see.

Comment by J.Norman – June 22, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ja ja tienes mucha razon ojala la nominen y gane para abofetear a los ejecutivos de la fox, ademas que se lo merece!!

Comment by sindy – June 16, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Love LISA EDELSTEIN

Comment by Lis – June 13, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Archie, Kadee, Jennifer and Michelle for me. The best supporting pretty much dominate.

Comment by sarah – June 13, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait! let me guess, Stana Katic should have been put on this list too?

Comment by huq – June 13, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stana is a lead actress. This is for supporting actresses. But I see your irony, although she could have been in the lead actresses list.

Comment by kate – June 13, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet you might include Stana Katic in Best Lead Actor category too in that case?! Just put her everywhere…

Comment by Jollibee – June 13, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Paget Brewster? She did a terrific job on Criminal Minds this season!

Comment by CM – June 13, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There must be absolutely Sandra Oh u___u

Comment by Katia – June 13, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa Edelstein is the best

Comment by camila – June 13, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me?! You don’t watch any of the other shows right?!

Comment by HOUSEfan – June 13, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Neither do you, right?

Comment by MarkZ – June 14, 2011 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious you put Kadee Strickland and Sara Ramirez on the list. The Emmys don’t care about Private Practice or Grey’s especially Private Practice. Sara will get a nod over Kadee though because Sara Ramirez is more well known and Grey’s is more on the Emmy radar than PP.

Comment by Dee – June 13, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • KaDee Strickland totally deserves a nomination. Also, she is not off the Emmy radar. In fact, she is very much on the radar. Her work with RAINN has reached volumes. I work in television and while I am not associated with Private Practice, I can assure you that there has been great talk of KaDee Strickland’s performance this year. She has been getting definite Emmy buzz and I will not be surprised when she get that nomination. So, go KaDee!

Comment by Julie23 – June 23, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it’s funny that you (@Dee) say that, when in the votes above, KaDee Strickland is in the top four.

Comment by Amy – June 23, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This list is heavily cable-weighted. I don’t have cable. Note that the highest results are for women in broadcast shows, and 14 out of 23 comments to this point are about women in broadcast shows. What does that tell you?

Comment by Thea – June 13, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That cable networks does series way better than broadcast network?

Comment by Dave R – June 13, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup, that’s what it tells me.

Comment by Sam – June 13, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You seem to have reversed the numbers. It suggests that more people – at least who are voting here – are watching the broadcast shows and the actors in them have more dedicated fans. Unless, of course, you’re saying that the people voting here don’t have good enough taste to support the cable shows.

Comment by Thea – June 14, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mae Whitman for the win!!! My absolute favorite part of Parenthood…she makes her character tolerable/likeable when she is making the most awful decisions.

Comment by bamalam – June 13, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KaDee Strickland. I don’t care if it’s Private Practice, she at least deserves a nod.

Comment by MM – June 13, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Carpenter, Christina Hendricks and Kiernan Shipka have my vote.

Comment by Emily – June 13, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll tell you someone who’s missing. Her name is Sandra Oh. This woman seriously needs an Emmy.
    I know Grey’s has had it’s better days..But no matter what Sandra always delivers.

Comment by linds – June 13, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking exactly the same thing – where the heck is Sandra Oh. She always delivers a supreme performance, her OR meltdown screamed EMMY.

Comment by Erica – June 13, 2011 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where is Sandra Oh. The woman has been nominated 5 times.
        She’s had a stellar season. I will not forgive you tvline for this missing her.

Comment by M – June 14, 2011 12:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so the girls in the good wife owned it this year, but i’d love to see jennifer carpenter get a nomination too :D

Comment by Mafalda – June 13, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Cote de Pablo!? I know, the story lines for her haven’t been the best this past season (or past 3 seasons), but she is an excellent actress who at least deserves a nod.

Comment by Shayna – June 13, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i TOTALLY AGREE!!! Once again the “TVLINE Team” Shutout the Most watched drama on Television with no nods to NCIS.

Comment by Joshua – June 13, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is on the official list for the emmy people! she deserves a nod! what sucks is that NCIS deserves an Emmy nod just in general!!!!!

Comment by Lyss – June 13, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s pretty ridiculous that just because KaDee Strickland is on Private Practice–a show that’s NOT on the Emmy radar–she’s immediately being overlooked by people. Her performance was OUTSTANDING. It was gritty, heartbreaking, painful, and amazing to watch. It was the performance of the year in television whether you are a Private Practice fan OR KaDee Strickland fan. If she is not at least nominated for her performance this year, there is no justice…and it will be confirmed that the Emmy’s are strictly a favoritism award show.

Comment by Sam – June 13, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! KaDee did an amazing job, at the very least she deserves to be nominated!

Comment by Becca – June 15, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t get why you thought of Debra Winger from In Treatment but you didn’t think of Amy Ryan. I don’t get it at all.

Comment by Kiddo – June 13, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KaDee Strickland ftw. She took on one of the most challenging roles and brilliantly portrayed such a sensitive issue. If she doesn’t get nominated… Well, that would be a shame. She deserves it.
    (Too bad Private Practice – Which was amazing this season, btw, get’s overlooked so often).

Comment by klks;s – June 13, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if margo martindale isn’t nominated, the emmy’s suck. She had the best performance out of every lady on that list…Justifed would have sucked wihtout her

Comment by bmo – June 13, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa Edelstein deserves the Emmy .. She is an amazing actress .. I really like….

Comment by Lisbet – June 13, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Emilia Clarke for Game of Thrones?

That’s a glaring omission.

Comment by MC – June 13, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you, Emilia Clarke is fantastic and extremely compeling whenever she is on screen.

Comment by CE – June 14, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sara Ramirez and KaDee Strickland. Their performances were outstanding.

Comment by Hayley – June 13, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KaDee Strickland! Hands down! Best performance of the year. Period!

Comment by Jared – June 13, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa Edelstein deserves at least a nomination. She’s a terrific actress, such a shame her talent was wasted on House.

Comment by Joe – June 13, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Khandi Alexander has been amazing for two seasons now. She has shown every emotion I can think of, often just with a look. She is amazing to watch every week.

Comment by Tahoe Mike – June 13, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I voted for these alphabetical order and probably shoo-in nominees:

* Christine BARANSKI, The Good Wife (solid performance all through out the season)

* Christina HENDRICKS, Mad Men (she make the most out of a great writing)

* Kelly MACDONALD, Boardwalk Empire (she played a complicated character yet she gave a subtle touch with it)

* Margo MARTINDALE, Justified (hell the Emmy is unjust if she don’t get nominated, and yeah she’s like “The Untouchable” in Justified)

* Archie PANJABI, The Good Wife (she won last year for a reason, and she deserved it, this season is no different)

and lastly….

* Kiernan SHIPKA, Mad Men (I was surprised they submitted despite her age, but they did the right thing.. This girl SHOULD and DESERVE to be at least get a nod… The girl was such a driving force in this great season of Mad Men)

alternates:

KaDee Strickland in Private Practice (the series is not on Emmy radar) and Chloe Sevigny in Big Love (probably a nice farewell for the series?)

Comment by Triple M – June 13, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anything, I think Archie should have won this year, rather than last. Her performance during the first season was good, but it was nothing compared to this season — especially the ham sandwich episode. She was phenomenal. I wish Rose Byrne had won last year and Archie could’ve taken it home in 2011.

Comment by Ashley – June 13, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second the motion… Rose Byrne did fantastic last year… If only Damages was eligible this year then we can have (Hopefully) Christine Baranski, Archie Panjabi, Christina Hendricks, KaDee Strickland, and Margo Martindale…. Then the winner would have something to brag about for winning against these talented and worthy list…

Though I must say, the little girl in Mad Men is also growing on me… Good thing they submitted her…

Comment by Missy – June 13, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That girl in Mad Men should be nominated!!!! (Sorry, her name is a little hard to type) Hope the Emmy members notice her performance… Yeah, she won’t win but come on, she did better than some of the others in that list…

Comment by Dave R – June 13, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t understand all the love that Mae Whitman gets. She certainly isn’t bad but she’s so OVER THE TOP. Her crying makes me cringe.

Comment by Anne – June 13, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Archie, only Archie, she is so good it hurts!!! =D

Comment by Vicky – June 13, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Margo Martindale is in a class of her own this year. Nobody else even deserves to have their name mentioned alongside hers. They should just split the award this year and nominate an extra 5 people for ‘Best Supporting Drama Actress Who Didn’t Play Mags Bennett Flawlessly’

Comment by John M. – June 13, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly!

Comment by Rachel – June 14, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t watch Justified but now I kind of want to because I have always thought Margo Martindale was intriguing. I really loved her as the cancer patient on Dexter. It is nice to hear she has such avid fans.

Comment by lj – June 20, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Jennifer Carpenter, Regina King, and Jasika Nicole (Fringe) are nominated, I’ll be a happy camper. I would also nominate Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) given what Prentiss went through this season. For the win, though, I think it should be either Jasika Nicole or Jennifer Carpenter.

Comment by Justin – June 13, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cote de Pablo is on the nominations list… she should be on this one because she deserves recognition for once! Of these, Kadee Strickland should…

Comment by Lyss – June 13, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lisa Edelstein deserves this emmy so much. She is the most amazing, talented, intelligent actress in the world. I could be here forever describing exactly why this is, but i’m off to spread the word elsewhere :’D

Lisa, I love you. Your fans love you, and we know you will win this award :)

Comment by Zoe Hamilton – June 13, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh Gosh, you Cuddy fangirls are so blind, it hurts. Love her all you want, she neither deserves the award nor will she get it.

Comment by Liz – June 13, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • if he deserves it because she is an amazing actress …she is the best…and will be the next winner of the Emmy

Comment by Lisbet – June 13, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • All ladys are amazing actresses an deserve a nom. But sorry to tell you Lisa won´t get a nom. Very experienced and serious Television critics tell it. And in my opinion she is one of the weakest actresses on this list, IMO. But what do i know.

Comment by tina – June 13, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well I think she’s an very good actress …
            She just really didn’t have the chance to show it on House with the crappy storylines they gave her … and well you can’t really show your skills when you have to cry over a baby crying …
            In a fun and witty show she could show what she can do !
            I just overall here, that people shouldnt’ trash her out just because she has very supportive fans .. She is not responsible for that and everyone should be respected even if not liked.

(I don’t say that for you Tina, coz you expressed your opinion respectfully but for others who just tell people to shut up coz we say we like/love Lisa E and wish she would win … That is OUR opinion and it should be respected as well!)

Comment by Cosette – June 14, 2011 12:10 AM PDT
          • I completely agree with Cosette. Lisa is a great actress. The things about her leaving and her fans are not our focus right now, so just leave it all behind. Some people wish she would win or at least got a nom. Why don’t the others just accept it? Well we all just share our opinion, right.

Comment by Liev – June 14, 2011 06:11 AM PDT
        • Do you read what you type?

Illiterate.

Comment by Constantine – June 21, 2011 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vote for Lisa!!!!!!!!! :D
    (WesupportLisaE)

*woo*

Comment by Ally – June 13, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maura Tierney should get an Emmy for her role in Rescue Me. She’s so brave, playing a woman who has cancer after she went through chemotherapy herself. But this would be for next year’s Emmy then, I hope. She deserves it.

Comment by Rike – June 13, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this! She’s such a talent and she really deserves it!

Comment by Sally – June 13, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post