The Syfy series is peppering its upcoming third season (premiering July 11) with all sorts of sci-fi faves, TV Guide Magazine says, including an Aug. 1 episode featuring Star Trek: Voyager‘s Jeri Ryan and a four-episode arc with Voyager captain Kate Mulgrew (who will play a Warehouse protector).
Also dropping by the Warehouse are Caprica alums Sasha Roiz, who’ll have ties to this season’s “big bad,” and Alessandra Torresani, playing a troubled young girl. Fans can also expect the return of two previous guest stars, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s Rene Auberjonois and Bionic Woman‘s Lindsay Wagner.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Julie Benz is on the move again — this time dropping by USA Network’s Royal Pains. The No Ordinary Family alumna will play a young mother treated by Hank (Mark Feuerstein) after an accident leaves her with a terrible injury, TV Guide Magazine reports. The episode is set to air Wednesday, August 3.
• When ABC’s One Life to Live comes to end in January (sob!), its headwriter Ron Carlivati will already be gainfully employed… over on General Hospital (yay!). “It has been my distinct honor to write for Agnes Nixon’s groundbreaking [OLTL] for the past 15 years, and it will be with a heavy heart that I, along with my incredibly talented team, pen its finale,” the scribe said in a statement. “At that time, I am happy to announce that I will then be joining the writing team of General Hospital, and am thrilled to be working once again with executive producer Jill Phelps as well as new headwriter Garin Wolf.”
• Singer/actress Brandy has landed a recurring gig on Drop Dead Diva‘s third season (premiering Sunday, June 19), TV Guide Magazine reports. The R&B star will appear in the final three episodes as a J. Parker’s (Josh Stamberg) sexy ex.
• Robin Wright (Forrest Gump) is in talks to play the female lead opposite Kevin Spacey in Netflix’s first original series, House of Cards, says The Hollywood Reporter. Cards is a political thriller based on a British miniseries by the same name.
• Members of the Television Critics Association were thrilled to discover on Friday morning that Ron Effin’ Swanson has been named host of the 27th annual TCA Awards. Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman will take the stage at the exclusive event, taking place Saturday, August 6 in Los Angeles.
• Friends with Benefits update: NBC has revised their plan to air the never-before-seen rom-com. It will now premiere air back-to-back episodes every Friday at 8/7c, from August 5 through September 9.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!