TVLine Items: Warehouse 13 Beams Up Trek Vets, Julie Benz Feels Royal Pains, and More!

Calling all Trekkies: Warehouse 13 just jumped to the top of your must-watch list.

The Syfy series is peppering its upcoming third season (premiering July 11) with all sorts of sci-fi faves, TV Guide Magazine says, including an Aug. 1 episode featuring Star Trek: Voyager‘s Jeri Ryan and a four-episode arc with Voyager captain Kate Mulgrew (who will play a Warehouse protector).

Also dropping by the Warehouse are Caprica alums Sasha Roiz, who’ll have ties to this season’s “big bad,” and Alessandra Torresani, playing a troubled young girl. Fans can also expect the return of two previous guest stars, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s Rene Auberjonois and Bionic Woman‘s Lindsay Wagner.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Julie Benz is on the move again — this time dropping by USA Network’s Royal Pains. The No Ordinary Family alumna will play a young mother treated by Hank (Mark Feuerstein) after an accident leaves her with a terrible injury, TV Guide Magazine reports. The episode is set to air Wednesday, August 3.

• When ABC’s One Life to Live comes to end in January (sob!), its headwriter Ron Carlivati will already be gainfully employed… over on General Hospital (yay!). “It has been my distinct honor to write for Agnes Nixon’s groundbreaking [OLTL] for the past 15 years, and it will be with a heavy heart that I, along with my incredibly talented team, pen its finale,” the scribe said in a statement. “At that time, I am happy to announce that I will then be joining the writing team of General Hospital, and am thrilled to be working once again with executive producer Jill Phelps as well as new headwriter Garin Wolf.”

• Singer/actress Brandy has landed a recurring gig on Drop Dead Diva‘s third season (premiering Sunday, June 19), TV Guide Magazine reports. The R&B star will appear in the final three episodes as a J. Parker’s (Josh Stamberg) sexy ex.

• Robin Wright (Forrest Gump) is in talks to play the female lead opposite Kevin Spacey in Netflix’s first original series, House of Cards, says The Hollywood Reporter. Cards is a political thriller based on a British miniseries by the same name.

• Members of the Television Critics Association were thrilled to discover on Friday morning that Ron Effin’ Swanson has been named host of the 27th annual TCA Awards. Parks and Recreation‘s Nick Offerman will take the stage at the exclusive event, taking place Saturday, August 6 in Los Angeles.

Friends with Benefits update: NBC has revised their plan to air the never-before-seen rom-com. It will now premiere air back-to-back episodes every Friday at 8/7c, from August 5 through September 9.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!

1. Petra says:

Can’t wait for Hank Med to start already!

2. Jamie says:

I despise Warehouse 13, I’m not into the whole comedy sci-fi thing.

But Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan will be too good to miss!!

3. fernando says:

Ya had me scare there for a second, I thought Jeri Ryan was leaving Body Of Proof,Jeri and Dana make a wonderful trio and should not be a part lol.

4. mdb says:

did not think i could love Warehouse 13 more or be more excited about its return – with Jeri, Kate, Rene & Sasha this will be the most incredible season yet!!!! July 11 cannot come soon enough for me….

5. KDW says:

This may be a little callous and I love Julie Benz, but a “young” mother? Really? She’s 39. A young mother would be someone at least in her twenties. Any mother cast past 30 is pretty much just a mother. I’m not saying she’s old. I just saying she’s not exactly “young”.

6. TLG says:

Jeri Ryan, beautiful woman but the female equivalent of Ted McGinley; when she joins a show, down the crapper it goes! At least it’s only one episode this time.

7. Michelle says:

Wow, Warehoue 13 is really pulling out all the stops this years aren’t they? SWEET. This season’s gonna rock!

8. Dre says:

Wholeheartedly agree with mdb!! OMG!!
    I have to say I was heart broken that Joanne Kelly wasn’t coming back ….. this KINDA makes up for it. Mmmmmmmm.. Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulgrew… CAN’T WAIT!!!!

9. Rola says:

What’s the scoop on Myka (Joanne Kelly) not returning to Warehouse 13?

10. Justin says:

Love the news for Warehouse 13 and Royal Pains, two great summer shows.

11. Amber says:

Ron effin’ Swanson. I like that. =)

I still can’t deal with the OLTL cancellation. I’m very much in the denial stage of mourning. I very may well be in denial until it airs its last episode. Even after that I’ll probably still fire up the DVR looking for it, only to find it missing. Can’t another channel pick it up???????

12. Gregg says:

To be fair, Ted was on “Married…With Children” for 6 seasons, the majority of the shows 11 season run …

13. Benjamin says:

I hope they have Kate Mulgrew act more easy going like naturally herself (like the later seasons of Voyager), instead of act like all serious where everyone thinks they should say Aye Aye Captain even though she’s not a captain on Warehouse 13 to her everytime she talks (like earlier seasons of Voyager). But it’ll be nice to see her either way.

14. PV says:

*flails arms around like a rabid fangirl*

OMG! Kate Mulgrew – you have been too long from my tv set.

This is so exciting!!!

15. ldb says:

Thanx for the Warehouse 13 stuff! I CANNOT wait!! Now, if someone would start handing out some info on Eureka as well I’d be in 7th heaven!

16. Daniel_the_1st says:

This season of WH 13 has been great, & the season finale…… WOW !! Sock O ! Talking about hanging on the EDGE OF YOUR SEAT. The Big Bad is a completely, heartless amoral power – hungry guy who would dig up his grandmother’s BONES & sell them if he thought he could turn a profit from doing so, unlike H.G. Wells, who misused artifacts ( like the trident ) primarily because she’s a grief – stricken, tortured soul.

I nearly gave away the 3rd season finale on one other forum. Not going to do it here. Just suffice it to say that it’s chock full of surprises. This show delivers, & it’s one of the few that keeps me watching Sci – Fi ( I very seldom use the new name. That’s like ” passive resistance ” ).