Exclusive: Danny Glover Joins Kiefer Sutherland in Fox's Drama Pilot Touch

Touch has added another lethal weapon to its ranks.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Danny Glover has been cast opposite Kiefer Sutherland in Fox’s high profile drama pilot, which revolves around a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his son (David Mazouz) can predict events before they happen.

Glover will play Arthur DeWitt, a professor and an expert on children who possess special gifts when it comes to numbers.

Heroes creator Tim Kring penned the script and will serve as an exec producer.

Assuming Fox picks the project up to series, Touch will likely debut at midseason.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Pilots, Scoop

1. Amy says:

Top-notch talent, but the premise strikes me as a bad one for TV. Surely the central character of any drama should be the person with the greatest involvement — which in this case isn’t the dad, but the kid who can see the future. Also, after getting burned by the train wreck of “Heroes” after season one, I see “writer/producer Tim Kring” as a great big red flag.

• SallyinChicago says:

@Amy: Agree. This premise seems lame. And haven’t we seen this before somewhere? Fox isn’t known for “drama.”

2. Steven says:

Screw that… Give us more 24 please…

3. NickC says:

I was on Board until i saw Heroes Tim Kring.That guy is a joke so no thanks

4. bmo says:

adding top notch talent never hurts a show. Hopefully the concept comes across well and the writing is great…i kinda feel like danny glover could carry his own show or at least be top billing/head of a family a la ed oneil (modern Family), tom selleck (blue bloods), craig t nelson (parenthood)

5. Michael says:

Isn’t he too old for this $h!t? HAHAHA

• Dean says:

I tried looking for a “like” button but I realized I’m not on facebook.

• Matt says:

I tried to post this same joke as soon as the story was posted, but I think it never went live because I didn’t have the good sense to mask my vulgarity with symbols.

6. david says:

Terrible choice, love keifer, hate danny glover! Please recast the role…

7. Renee says:

You know I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

8. tim says:

The addition of Glover seals it. I will never watch an episode nor anything else with Glover in it.

9. Joey says:

Wow. I somehow knew that Kring was involved when I read the plot synopsis in the beginning of the article.

10. Patrick says:

This is going to blow.

11. Don says:

It all depends on the chemistry between Sutherland and Glover. Fox is famous for cancellations after one season so who knows how this will do. I still can’t believe Fox cancelled The Chicago Code. Any show dealing with Fox should have no long term expectations. Fox you suck BIG TIME!!!

12. Joy says:

MORE 24!!!!!

13. Albert says:

Totally unimpressed with this premise. This is a clunker for sure. Keifer was one of the best super hero/agent types ever. Please spare us the need to show he is “versatile”. Keifer never was a superstar until Jack Bauer. Duh, do what you do best. Pleeeeeze.