Exclusive: Danny Glover Joins Kiefer Sutherland in Fox's Drama Pilot Touch

Get More: Casting News, News, Pilots, Scoop

Touch has added another lethal weapon to its ranks.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Danny Glover has been cast opposite Kiefer Sutherland in Fox’s high profile drama pilot, which revolves around a father (Sutherland) who discovers that his son (David Mazouz) can predict events before they happen.

Glover will play Arthur DeWitt, a professor and an expert on children who possess special gifts when it comes to numbers.

Heroes creator Tim Kring penned the script and will serve as an exec producer.

Assuming Fox picks the project up to series, Touch will likely debut at midseason.

Comments (18)

• Top-notch talent, but the premise strikes me as a bad one for TV. Surely the central character of any drama should be the person with the greatest involvement — which in this case isn’t the dad, but the kid who can see the future. Also, after getting burned by the train wreck of “Heroes” after season one, I see “writer/producer Tim Kring” as a great big red flag.

Comment by Amy – June 9, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Amy: Agree. This premise seems lame. And haven’t we seen this before somewhere? Fox isn’t known for “drama.”

Comment by SallyinChicago – June 10, 2011 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw that… Give us more 24 please…

Comment by Steven – June 9, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was on Board until i saw Heroes Tim Kring.That guy is a joke so no thanks

Comment by NickC – June 9, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • adding top notch talent never hurts a show. Hopefully the concept comes across well and the writing is great…i kinda feel like danny glover could carry his own show or at least be top billing/head of a family a la ed oneil (modern Family), tom selleck (blue bloods), craig t nelson (parenthood)

Comment by bmo – June 9, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t he too old for this $h!t? HAHAHA

Comment by Michael – June 9, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tried looking for a “like” button but I realized I’m not on facebook.

Comment by Dean – June 9, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tried to post this same joke as soon as the story was posted, but I think it never went live because I didn’t have the good sense to mask my vulgarity with symbols.

Comment by Matt – June 9, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible choice, love keifer, hate danny glover! Please recast the role…

Comment by david – June 9, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Comment by Renee – June 9, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The addition of Glover seals it. I will never watch an episode nor anything else with Glover in it.

Comment by tim – June 9, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I somehow knew that Kring was involved when I read the plot synopsis in the beginning of the article.

Comment by Joey – June 9, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to blow.

Comment by Patrick – June 10, 2011 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It all depends on the chemistry between Sutherland and Glover. Fox is famous for cancellations after one season so who knows how this will do. I still can’t believe Fox cancelled The Chicago Code. Any show dealing with Fox should have no long term expectations. Fox you suck BIG TIME!!!

Comment by Don – June 12, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE 24!!!!!

Comment by Joy – July 5, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And give Danny Glover a good part on the new 24!!!!

Comment by Joy – July 5, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally unimpressed with this premise. This is a clunker for sure. Keifer was one of the best super hero/agent types ever. Please spare us the need to show he is “versatile”. Keifer never was a superstar until Jack Bauer. Duh, do what you do best. Pleeeeeze.

Comment by Albert – September 5, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post