Emmys

White Collar, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs Headed to Big Screen… But There's a Catch

Get More: Awards, Emmys, First Look, Video

Coming to a theater near you this summer: USA Network’s Emmy campaign!

Beginning this weekend and continuing through June 23, the cabler will unspool a 30 second commercial (embedded below) in 92 movie theaters throughout Los Angeles touting the Emmy worthiness of its hour-long dramas White Collar, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, Royal Pains and Burn Notice.

USA will also be taking to the streets — not to mention the mountains — in search of Emmy voters. On the weekends of June 11-12 and June 18-19, the network is dispatching “brand ambassadors” to L.A.-area farmer’s markets, hiking trails and dog parks to distribute eco bags, water bottles and postcards bearing the “USA FYC 2011″ messaging.

It’s all part of an aggressive effort on USA’s part to grab a bigger slice of the prestigious Emmy pie.

Which USA series do you think is most deserving of some Emmy love? Watch the video below and then hit the comments!

Loading video...

Want scoop 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Comments (340)

• psych is a cool show but i would prefer burn notice it has got strong character nd i like the way michael narrates everythin it has got occassional comedy as well

Comment by nelson – June 10, 2011 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice and White Collar without a doubt. I like Royal Pains and Covert Affairs, but not so sure they are emmy material. Bruce Campbell from Burn Notice deserves an emmy for comedy. He makes the show.

Comment by Carla – June 10, 2011 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think White Collar is one of the best shows on TV. It is my personal favorite because it is a great blend of drama and comedy. The cast is all talented and have great chemistry. What really makes it special though are the leads Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay and the relationship their characters have. I had never heard of Bomer before but I think his portrayal of Neal Caffrey, the man torn between his love for the con and his friendship with his FBI partner, is exceptional. It drives the show and I think he is definitely worthy of an Emmy.

Comment by Deb – June 10, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY!! i agree completely :)

Comment by Erica – June 10, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I only found out recently that Bomer was is a TV series called Traveller a few years back. It was cancelled, but I thought it was quite good.

Anyway, WHITE COLLAR all the way!

Comment by Pam – June 10, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar and Covert Affairs for sure!
    The others as well, except possibly not Fairly Legal?
    I personally love all of these shows :)

Comment by Erica – June 10, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BURN NOTICE! BURN NOTICE! BURN NOTICE!!! Jeffrey Donovan deserves an Emmy! He’s fantastic! So are Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell (of course), Sharon Gless, and Coby Bell and I wish they’d all get Emmy’s as well! And Covert Affairs!!! Chris Gorham, Piper Perabo, and Eion Baxter are all great!

Comment by Danielle Yanofsky – June 10, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHITE COLLAR. end. of. story.

Comment by Jackie – June 10, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a USA Network freak, so I think they all deserve praise and awards. But the network isn’t really setting this right you know?

Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, White Collar, Covert Affairs, and Fairly Legal are all great dramas, but there are only so many awards, so USA is essentially competing with itself six times for the same prize.

And with all this competition for drama awards, I’m surprised USA isn’t doing and pushing more for its only comedy series “PSYCH”. It certainly has the creativity and fan base power to do well.

Main Point: USA Network shows certainly deserve the love, it’s just the question if there’s enough to go around. And it’s not going to get any easier with two new shows beginning this summer.

Comment by James – June 11, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar!!!! It’s such a good show! I haven’t really watched much of Burn Notice, but I’ve heard it’s a good show. And what wasn’t Psych nominate? It’s been running longer than any of those shows?

Comment by samwise – June 11, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar #1
    Covert Affairs #2; acting is same quality as White Collar but seems like more resources are devoted to story development in White Collar NICE to have a leading female
    Burn Notice – loved it but missed it this last season, mixed up seasons drops viewers
    Fairly Legal – will never win, don’t place your resources there
    …that other one? The pits. A guy with brillo pad hair? He’s just not strong enough to keep me entertained. His comments above were all about himself and not the character or the show.

Comment by Liza – June 11, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice hands down The whole show and cast are brilliantly written and executed, essp. the actor that plays micheal weston, then maybe white collar, the character neil caffery is the only one that deserves an emmy, I agree withe most viewers that covert affair is really that good. I the the main character / actress falls short in may ways than one.

Comment by Sandra – June 12, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice hands down The whole show and cast are brilliantly written and executed, essp. the actor that plays micheal weston, then maybe white collar, the character neil caffery is the only one that deserves an emmy, I agree withe most viewers that covert affair isn’t really that good. I the the main character / actress falls short in may ways than one.

Comment by Sandra – June 12, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why aren’t white collar & covert affairs on demand as they have been in the past? Enjoy the shows very much but it’s hard to catch them when there on all the time. Please put them back on demand and put the upcoming shows on too like burn notice – LOVE!

Comment by Robin – June 13, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i actually love all of these!! (except Fairly Legal, but that’s only because it’s the only one I don’t watch!) They are all deserving of some nods–i’m tired of the same people/shows getting emmy nods when shows/actors like these never get any recognition!

Comment by mallory – June 13, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHITE COLLAR FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Leah – June 13, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar & Burn Notice for sure!!!

Comment by Scorpya – June 13, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah….what about In Plain Sight??? Definitely should be in the running. That aside, not in any special order,except Fairly Legal which is last…infact, In Plain Sight should replace it. So, Covert Affairs, White Collar, Burn Notice, Royal Pains and not to be redundant, In Plain Sight.
    USA, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Your my channel everyday – almost all day.

Comment by Joey – June 13, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White collar..!!

Comment by Josephine – June 14, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay Burn Notice, White Collar, and Psych. And before anyone is like Psych deserves an emmy, they were nominated for the first time last year. They didn’t win, but hey they said, “Hey at least we get to say our show was emmy nominated”. lol

Comment by DawnStar – June 14, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To tell you the truth I watch all of these, some not as much, but they are all good. And I have to give USA tons of credit for finding entertaining, engaging shows with.. wait for it.. great CHARACTERS! lol but its true! I say give em ALL an Emmy, they each are strong in some way. Burn Notice, Royal Pains, and White Collar are my favs here, but like lots of others are saying.. add Psych to that list!

Comment by toworreed2sleep – June 14, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice…hand down

Comment by jayme – June 14, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also love these shows and watch them regularly, but they simply very entertaining capers. They simply to do not compare with the depth seen on shows like Sons or Anarchy, Justified, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or the Good Wife.

Comment by Huckleberry – June 15, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar ,Definate Yes,has great chrisma,Covert Affairs YES,has interesting story line!!Burn Notice,No it is just for TV!!!

Comment by tired66 – June 15, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar has best chance NOW. I was late to the series but in fast catchy well-acted and has some nice “firsts” (art theft white collar crime – Neal – and Peter- have to be smart and unafraid of being quick smart and well-read/have “highbrow” interests without being the ‘bad guy’. Having said that, I am not confortable with the big score/Nazi loot/ foolin around with the bromace.Great camerawork/directing too! Very good NYC Ocean’s 11 tempo.

Burn Notice also is a really fresh take on an unusual subject — again,gettin a little “stuck” with Fiona(this show as/could survive the ongoing faithful sexy)romance but “getting my CIA job back/my name cleared” is problematic. Fiona & Sam Axeare TOO good to go

Comment by BG – June 18, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn notice best show on USA

Comment by MasterMan – June 20, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Burn Notice, White Collar, Royal Pains and Fairly Legal, psych. I will watch covert affairs if there isn’t anything else on!!! Other then that i don’t really like the show that much!!! I watch the USA network a lot.

Comment by Steph – June 20, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice definitely deserves an Emmy! Coming into season 5 and having top ratings consistently should give Emmy voters some idea of how good a show this is.

Comment by Cheryl – June 20, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar & Burn Notice – definitely! Covert Affairs – good show but really don’t think Emmy winning. Royal Pains – is exactly that! Sucks! Fairly Legal – you have GOT to be kidding. Psych would be a better contender than that.

Comment by D Mato – June 24, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar and especially Matt Bomer deserve nod!

Comment by Jess – July 11, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post