Emmys

White Collar, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs Headed to Big Screen… But There's a Catch

Get More: Awards, Emmys, First Look, Video

Coming to a theater near you this summer: USA Network’s Emmy campaign!

Beginning this weekend and continuing through June 23, the cabler will unspool a 30 second commercial (embedded below) in 92 movie theaters throughout Los Angeles touting the Emmy worthiness of its hour-long dramas White Collar, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, Royal Pains and Burn Notice.

USA will also be taking to the streets — not to mention the mountains — in search of Emmy voters. On the weekends of June 11-12 and June 18-19, the network is dispatching “brand ambassadors” to L.A.-area farmer’s markets, hiking trails and dog parks to distribute eco bags, water bottles and postcards bearing the “USA FYC 2011″ messaging.

It’s all part of an aggressive effort on USA’s part to grab a bigger slice of the prestigious Emmy pie.

Which USA series do you think is most deserving of some Emmy love? Watch the video below and then hit the comments!

Loading video...

Want scoop 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Comments (340)

• Wow, talk about misleading post. Good going TVLine (Sigh)

Comment by Damon – June 8, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You haven’t caught on to Ausiello’s “But There’s a Catch…” thing yet? That’s basically his admission that it’s an exaggerated headline. And he does it a LOT. So really, we’re kinda used to it by now.

Comment by John – June 8, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No question. White Collar wins hands down!

Comment by Nancy – June 10, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • White Collar — YES!
      Fairly Legal — Yes.
      Burn Notice — Yes.
      Covert Affairs — naw.
      Royal Pains — No way. Maybe a daytime Emmy as a soap opera.

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i totally agree!!

Comment by Saad – June 9, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldnt watch more than 30 sec. of covert affars bring back human target, lie to me…

Comment by bradcast – June 9, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i agree with burn notice then white collar. i havent actually watched fairly legal, but the others are a no for me

Comment by vanessa – June 9, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree, Covert Affairs is an amazing show. It portrays a strong female role but in a realistic way (no crazy ninja moves and fighting 10 people at once!).

Comment by Danielle – June 9, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Covert Affairs…..YES!!!

Comment by Missy – June 9, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry. I say a resounding, definite YES, YES, YES to all FIVE!!

Comment by Rich – June 10, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And while I am at it; add In Plain Sight to the resounding definite YES YES YES list!!

Comment by Rich – June 10, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHITE COLLAR YES YES YES

Comment by umbrella – June 10, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right. So, so right.

But my personal favorite=WHITE COLLAR!!!! Could that show get any more awesome?

Comment by Brynne – June 10, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 100% correct!

Comment by James – June 19, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHITE COLLAR — Yuk!
        FAIRLY LEGAL — So far, uncommitted.
        BURN NOTICE — MMM, Yes! Yes! Yes!
        COVERT AFFAIRS — Definitely in the running.
        ROYAL PAINS — Good for what it is….Emmy? Don’t think so.

Comment by Mandley – June 24, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • burn notice or white collar. but i prefer burn notice

Comment by mike – June 9, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Burn Notice is my pick. A great balance of drama and action with occasional comedy thrown in. All main characters are strong and have their own appeal — no “leaners”. After that, White Collar and Fairly Legal. The others I don’t watch.

Comment by Annie Mocha – June 9, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BURN NOTICE FER SHUURE!

Comment by aaron – June 9, 2011 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like all the shows for different reasons and all are Emmy quality! Especially after some of the other on the “main” channels that actually won. I tend to watch more USA shows than the one’s on CBS, ABC & NBC!

Maybe USA should pick up All My Children and One Life to Live and put them in with the Fall Lineups, million and millions are will to boycott ABC…you could just be the winner! They are cancelling all the good shows! Keep watching and USA will runaway with the all of it! Thanks.

Comment by Carol Harmon – June 9, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bravo on all that you said. I love all of the above mentioned USA shows and would love nothing more than to see AMC and OLTL move to the USA network. It would be the only network worth watching.

I so wish someone would SOS – Save Our Soaps and keep up the great work on USA Network witht eh nighttime summer line up!!!

Comment by KayteeMo – June 9, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Burn Notice without a doubt!

Comment by Keedo – June 9, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This might be a good program, but I can’t stand watching the Mom chain smoking. Or are they planing to kill her off with cancer?

Comment by Pat – July 2, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Burn Notice peeps…all the way.
      What other show has such a chemically natural cast???…
      i want apart in a show…ahh i can see it now being part of a sure fire emmy winning show…yup

Burn Notice for syndication.

Comment by Scott – June 9, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Burn Notice….

Comment by Jim – June 9, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What about Psych??!!!

Comment by Chris – June 9, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! What about Psych, it’s the BEST SHOW they have

Comment by Cheryl – June 9, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah! What about Psych! They have AWESOME episodes! And Comedy Shows have been sweeping the Emmy’s lately!

Comment by Stacy – June 9, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE THEM ALL. BUT IF I HAD TO CHOSE MY TOP 2 CHOICES WOULD BE BURN NOTICE AND WHITE COLLAR. LOVE YOU GUYS.

Comment by TONI – June 9, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally with you on White Collar, Psych and Burn Notice.

The catch would be the category in which Psych would compete.
        The Comedy category is loaded with worth shows.

Comment by Tom C. – June 9, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BURN NOTICE, It is the only show that has caught my attention since SATC…I do like Covert Affairs also but BN I buy as soon as it hits the digital market

Comment by tess – June 9, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Burn Notice #1. White Collar #2. I like the action and hookups in these shows. Royal Pains and Covert Affairs are good, I enjoy watching them, but I wouldn’t kill myself to be there when they show.

Comment by kaller 1 – June 11, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Burn Notice (also the Sam Movie). Covert Affairs is great.

Royal Pains and White Collar, I can and do live without. Fairly Legal is good, but not worth missing something else for.

Comment by Sharon – June 11, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • White collar for sure!!<3 No one can beat Matt Bomer!!

Comment by Amber – June 12, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All the shows are great, but Covert Affairs is the BEST imho. The plots and action pull you in, and the chemistry among the cast is awesome. Perhaps the best thing about the show is Piper Perabo – - she is able to use so many of her great acting skills and emotions to her role as Annie. She’s such a great actress – - as well as being a sweet person.

Comment by Stef – July 6, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BURN NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by sara – June 8, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “What is ‘Burn Notice’…Carl?” “…It’s about a sexy doctor who can start fires with his mind.”

Comment by topoopon – June 8, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s a reality show? About… sunglasses?

Comment by Mar – June 9, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • its a show about characters

Comment by tadd – June 9, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, it’s about yogurt and nips

Comment by RVizzle – June 9, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is incredibly accurate lol

Comment by SRB – June 9, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There’s yogurt?

Comment by patco13 – June 9, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool Mike, not cool at all. Misleading headlines are misleading.

Comment by Cash – June 8, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If misleading headlines weren’t misleading, they wouldn’t be misleading headlines! :D

Comment by Sarah – June 9, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice!

Comment by Stacey – June 8, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BURN NOTICE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Sue – June 9, 2011 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • BURN NOTICE!!! WITHOUT a doubt. It gets my vote!

Comment by barbara – June 9, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Psych? Chopped liver?

Comment by Joe Coughlin – June 8, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly

Comment by Hilary – June 8, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! I hate that suddenly Psych no longer seems to exist in the eye of USA. I love Psych the most out of all the shows on USA now.

Comment by Alex – June 8, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love those USA shows but PSYCH is my Fav and should be in there too!

Comment by Diana – June 10, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Psych is what started it all for me. It drew me in and made me trust USA enough to check out their other shows. White Collar was a HUGE win; Royal Pains held my interest for one season, but not anymore; Covert Affairs and Fairly Legal have been winners for me too. And because they’re on USA, I’m willing to give Suits and Necessary Roughness a chance. I think it’s safe to say USA has secured its place as the leader when it comes to original programming on cable. BUT they do seem to have forgotten that Psych started it all! :(

Comment by Lauren – June 12, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i know right, its there longest running show. and its still my favorite of all the usa original series.

Comment by Bruton Gaster – June 8, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, no, Burn Notice has been runnig longer than Psych.

Comment by M Ottone – June 9, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, no, Psych has been running a year longer than Burn Notice (July 7, 2006 vs. June 28, 2007)

Comment by r0ckmypants – June 9, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, it’s not a drama for starter.

Comment by Anon – June 8, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Fav show. Best bromance. It’s like now that it’s not longer a summer series, they forgot all about it.

Comment by Kaite – June 8, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, what about “Psych”? It could be nominated as a comedy. Now that it’s their oldest show, they seem to be ignoring it. I was looking forward to watching it this summer and it annoys me that we have to wait so long for the new season.

Comment by Carrie – June 8, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Psych! It has such Character! USA needs to remember Psych has a loyal following!

Comment by Stacy – June 9, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree Psych should have been listed too.

Comment by Thomas Weeks – June 9, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try actually reading the article before posting stupid comments! The article clearly states “the Emmy worthiness of its hour-long dramas”. Last time i check Psych was not a drama so yeah it is pretty much chopped liver in this category!

Comment by Avanties – June 9, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I beg to differ, I think Psych is as much a drama as the others. They are all about serious issues or events, and add comedy and personality to the stories.
        Psych deserves to be somewhere, but it cannot be stuck with the sitcoms.
        I love all these shows, and to tell you the truth, they are all about the same premise.. with little tweaks here and there. The characters are what brings these shows alive! Just like USA advertises, Character approved. Yes, USA, by far has the best Characters, in the BEST SERIES too!! Love it!

Comment by toworreed2sleep – June 14, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is this American Politics where what I want to vote isn’t on the Ballot? PSYCH.

Comment by Drew – June 9, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, of that crop? Burn Notice and White Collar are clearly higher quality shows. However, like someone else said, what about their other shows? Hello? Psych? As a Psych fan I’m starting to get a complex over here. First it’s pushed back to the fall and then it doesn’t get an Emmy push when freaking Covert Affairs and Royal Pains do? WTH?

Comment by P – June 8, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Psych is the oldest and in my opinion the best of their shows, but do not sell Royal Pains short,it is as good as Burn Notice and White Collar. I like Covert Affairs, but the second season just started and we will see if it holds up to everything else that USA has put out.

Comment by Thomas Weeks – June 9, 2011 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White collar is the only one from that list even slightly deserving of being nominated, none of the three are worthy of winning the emmy, sorry USA.

This is coming from a really big White Collar fan btw, who also watches Covert Affairs and Burn Notice.

Comment by Eli – June 8, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BURN NOTICE!!!

Comment by Emgee – June 8, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only one I can think of that would be remotely legitimate is Bruce Campbell for Supporting Actor

Comment by Will – June 8, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *This! This! This!!!

Comment by Amber – June 8, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be wonderful!

Comment by sashay – June 8, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, Sharon Gless got a nomination last year. I agree Bruce Campbell is deserving.

Comment by MissM – June 8, 2011 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^This^ definitely agree for Bruce Campbell

Comment by Tadd – June 9, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sharon Gless is awesome in Burn Notice too! I don’t watch Psych, but do watch all the other USA shows. I have to say I really like In Plain Sight and Mary McCormack deserves a nomination! Couldn’t wait for the season premiere of White Collar. This has been one of my favorite shows in recent years. It is great tv escapism; after all isn’t that what tv is supposed to be – fun!

Comment by Dawn – June 10, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to mention but Psych has been there for longer than any of these shows.

Comment by Liz – June 8, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who care’s if Psych ran longer !!! I watched it 1 time and never watched again. It’s stupid.

Comment by DebiD – June 9, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dude, Pysch is a VERY OWESOME TV SHOW in the comedy genre. Watching one episode does not do it justice. Watch FIVE and then comment. I would watch Pysch over Covert affairs and that is not saying i don’t like covert affairs. After them chopping human target, what was i supposed to do but watch its replacement. I am still wondering why people LOVE burn Notice, but i am painfully trying to see the attraction. White Collar should take the emmys though.

Comment by swellzoe – June 9, 2011 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • see, I have the same problem with Psych that you are with Burn Notice. I just cannot get into the humor, or the acting. For me, BN is a good plot, better before they hsd all these supers for Micheal as those elements got old, but the show’s still very good. I enjoy the underdog clients, and Micheal’s interactions with his more emotional side (especially the shildren.) are rich, solid, and relatable, as far as mother and son not connected goes.

I like White Collar, but I’ve never gone to lengths to catch it online. I’ll watch if it’s on though. I started following Royal Pains witing for Burn Nptoce, and while I agree it’s a good show worthy of the time, I can’t say it’ll stand against BN for Emmy nominations. The others I’ve npt seen, mostly for npt being able to get to the TV for them

Comment by Morgan – June 10, 2011 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Psych has been there for longer than any of the other shows, doesn’t that in itself tell you something….you and a few other people may like it, but I wouldn’t watch it if you paid me to… WHITE COLLAR is the best show on TV today…it’s different and interesting…It’s not your usual fight em, shoot em and blow em up kind of show…

Comment by marie – June 9, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I suppose if I had to pick out of that selection, Burn Notice, but really Psych is the best show on USA and I would nominate it for an emmy. Why is it missing?

I’ve always wondered what Royal Pains was about, and that commercial totally did not clear it up at all.

Comment by Amber – June 8, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Royal Pains is about a doctor who has high morals and tries to help everyone, regardless of money, status or politics. He ends up working as a concierge doctor in the Hamptons for the rich and well-to-do. But he also helps neighbours and anyone who is sick, usually for free. It’s a comedy-drama and IMO it’s a great show to watch. And if you have kids, it’s a great family show without violence and no harsh language.

Comment by Kelly-Anne – June 9, 2011 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • MAJOR +1 on the family show vote.

Comment by Heath – June 9, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree–Royal Pains is a great family show! My kids can’t wait for the next week to watch it again. My husband and I also love Burn Notice to for their dry sense of humor…

Comment by Donna – June 9, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them all! (and psych)

Comment by rachel – June 8, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate that Psych is always overlooked. Definitely the best out of all USA shows.

Comment by Kayla – June 8, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It always irritates me that the Mentalist is a copycat clone of Psych but still manages to get nominated for awards all the time. Its about time they give Psych its true, deserved recognition. Why can’t it ever get nominated for Best Comedy?

Comment by bkwrm – June 8, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN TO ALL THE PSYCH-PROMOTING COMMENTS OUT THERE. Of the options, however, White Collar is by far the best.

Comment by Jennifer – June 9, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Mentalist is classy and well done, but overly dramatic.
        Psych is a kids show full of clever remarks and silliness.

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Preaching to the choir! I have sat through the Mentalist with my Mother and she loves it. But she won’t give Psych a chance. UMMMM, Really? the Mentalist would not be a show without Psych!

Comment by Stacy – June 9, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i love all the cracks about the mentalist that shawn makes on psych.

Comment by murley – June 9, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too! Makes me laugh out loud every time!

Comment by lauren – June 12, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AMEN!!!! PSYCH RULES!!!

Comment by Cheryl – June 9, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • none of them are emmy worthy.

Comment by João Amaral – June 8, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice, Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless are LONG over due for an EMMY!

Comment by Love BN – June 8, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you. Its certainly time to give these actors the recognition that they deserve for their outstanding show. I love Psych too, and when its time to recognize them, trust me, I will do so..

Comment by Nette – June 9, 2011 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Great show. Great cast.

Comment by Patricia – June 9, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you got that right :))

Comment by sarah – July 5, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, like everyone is saying, Psych is the only one that has the consistent writing and acting. Most of the others, almost all of which I love, rely heavily on predictable storylines/romances, lots of serious looks or explosions and action. Psych is the only one purely character and dialogue driven. Plus- the cast and guest stars are unparalleled. No idea why it is not getting any recognition, except that they might think it’s too smart for their usual audience.

Comment by kat – June 8, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My theory: a lack of suits. Pretty much every one of the shows mentioned involves main characters in suits. USA is probably trying to take on Mad Men or something. Which is sad, because Psych is the best of all.

Comment by V – June 8, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Plus Psych was doing that whole Meta thing way before Community, which seems to get plenty of love. Psych derserves some recognition.

Comment by Kelsey – June 9, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Psych is a good show, but it’s not the only show that is character driven or dialogue driven, and it also relies on predictable storylines and romances just as any other show. It’s cut from the same cloth of the USA format where the other shows come from as well. Just because it has less explosions and actions doesn’t mean it is the best, it simply means the show doesn’t require that type of scenes. Psych does deserve some Emmy recognition in the Comedy category, but this article has pointed out that USA is trying to boost up its dramas which Psych is not a drama.

Comment by Belinda – June 9, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice!

Comment by Jenny – June 8, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another vote here for Psych!
    Also, why was Psych pushed back to fall? Not cool.

Comment by ScrubsGuy – June 8, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want to know why Psych was pushed back to the fall too… it’s the only show all year that I actually make sure I am home to watch! It’s also by far the best USA show to date.

Comment by BeccaD – June 9, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t win a thing, To Emmy voters USA basically doesn’t exist.

Comment by Summer Bay – June 8, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tony Shalhoub from Monk had a great run when he was over at USA.

Comment by portlea – June 8, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I could never understand why, although justly deserved, Tony Shaloub always got nominated, but the show itself and the great supporting actors never did. They deserved nominations, but for some reason they always got ignored.

Comment by bkwrm – June 8, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I turn into a USA junkie in the summer, but really, even if I watch other shows, PSYCH is the best!

Psych and White Collar are the only shows deserving of Emmy consideration.

Comment by Key – June 8, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to join in with everyone else asking where “Psych” is! Yeah, it’s a comedy, not a drama, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve some Emmy love. It had a great season last season (especially the second half – “Dual Spires”, anyone?)!

Comment by Ashley – June 8, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Psych deserves Emmy recognition.

Comment by Luz – June 8, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahahahahahaha… Dual Spires was fantastic. And it illustrates exactly what makes me love Psych so much! All the pop culture references are fantastic, and the combo of Dule Hill/James Roday can’t be beat! They play off each other perfectly!

Comment by lauren – June 12, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of these shows as much as the next TVHead, but….none of them are emmy worthy type stuff. It’s all fun, light, summer fluff.

Comment by TheDude – June 8, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Bomer and Piper Perabo for an Emmy!

Comment by Che – June 8, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the administrators are listening!! Please, for the love all man-kind and all Psych-o’s, give the show ‘Psych’ some credit!! yeesh…Always pushing psych aside….it’s not right!

Comment by jacque – June 8, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, what about Law and Order:CI? They have one of the best character actors of our day on their channel and they don’t care? Wow.

Comment by portlea – June 8, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BUrn Notice, Covert (Blind Guy), Fairly Legal (main girl ) White collar I am mad at because of the plot for this season.

Comment by Brandon Harris – June 8, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding Comedy Series
    Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series
    Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series

Psych is Outstanding! COME ON PEOPLE! Where’s the Comedy love?

Comment by Lynda – June 8, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try the Loony Toons channel!!!!!!

Comment by DebiD – June 9, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Between these shows, I’d give the Emmy to Burn Notice. While I love Psych and agree it should get some Emmy love, this article and promo is for dramas, people! NOT COMEDIES! Get over it.

Comment by Justin – June 8, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know they have Emmys for comedy too, right?

Comment by V – June 9, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We are trying! But we just cannot ignore the fact that PYSCH has never been given a fair trial. So we are tryin to raise our voices so that they can be heard.

Comment by swellzoe – June 9, 2011 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • None, sorry. With HBO, AMC, Showtime, and FX putting up incredible offerings this year, there’s no question in my mind that the six best shows are not on this network.

Comment by Sam – June 8, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psych is the best show on USA, but White Collar is a close second. I tried to love Covert affairs because I like the actors in it, but it’s not as good as Psych, White Collar or even Burn Notice.

Comment by Musica1 – June 8, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fairly Legal for an Emmy, best drama and best actess

Comment by fernando – June 8, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally true — Fairly Legal as a lawyer show has charted new territory, bashing the empire of lawyers, but still appealing to that genre — with an incredibly hot lead character. (Sheesh.)

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if they are super emmy worthy, but I love me some Covert Affairs and Royal Pains! Just watched the Covert Affairs s2 premiere; it’s been awhile since an hour of TV went that fast! It was great.

Comment by Danielle H. – June 8, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice is definitely the most worthy of these shows. Why isn’t IN PLAIN SIGHT on here? Mary McCormack is great as US Marshall Mary Shannon.

Comment by Allison – June 8, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – Where is In Plain Sight?

Comment by Melissa – June 9, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Burn Notice”!

Comment by Carrie – June 8, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping to see White Collar get some recognition – Season 2 had the best bromance on television, bar none! The show is creative, and the two leads, Bomer and DeKay, are brilliant in their roles.

Comment by CJ – June 8, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are the Emmys really relevant anymore? I mean in terms of viewership, does it make that much difference in an increase in viewers since there are like nine billion channels?

Nothing against the actors, but USA has always been Silk Stalkings quality programming. Slick but lacking heart.

Comment by Jim – June 8, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, Comedy Lead Actor is a wide open field, so theoretically USA should be pushing James Roday from Psych harder than any of its other candidates. It is shocking that they are not. There are at least 2 or 3 slots open in that category. Come on, USA! This is the one place they might actually have a shot!

And about the topic itself… None of these should contend for Drama Series. But, Burn Notice and White Collar are the best they have. Ordinarily I would support Bruce Campbell or Tim DeKay getting nominated. But, Drama Supporting Actor is so tough to crack that even the brilliant John Noble might be overlooked, so I can’t support Campbell there. And Tim DeKay is fantastic on White Collar, but just doesn’t get the writing to support a Lead Actor nomination.

Comment by Mindy – June 8, 2011 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BURN NOTICE!! Jeffrey Donovan! Especially for his work in season 4

Comment by JJ – June 8, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was a time I would have agreed with you about Jeffrey Donovan, but he is coasting. He hasn’t been stretched as an actor since season 2.

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White collar is the best of the USA shows, and even then I’m not sure it’s Emmy worthy. However, it is certainly better than any of the “major network” dramas. Burn Notice has become a repetitive procedural, but I’ll watch the 4th season hoping it will bounce back. Psych barely is worth a mention. Not a drama, and could be considered a comedy, but it is way too silly to watch. I tried Royal Pains for 5 or 6 episodes, but it’s just plain dull, if that’s your favorite show, I think you need to sample different shows.

Comment by SpyTV – June 8, 2011 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You nailed it Spy TV. Burn Notice has become boring. It’s lost it’s cutting edge. It jumped the shark with the internal dramatic plot twist of Jesse and the entanglement of him and Fiona. If it can get back to the writing of the first season, it could carry an Emmy.

Comment by Mike – June 9, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Covert Affairs is the only one I watch and I love it. I’ve seen one episode of Burn Notice because Carlos Bernard was in it and it was okay but nothing special. But I LOVE Piper Perabo and would LOVE to see her nominated!

Comment by Stephen Shepard – June 8, 2011 11:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where are In plain sight and Psych???

Comment by malexa – June 9, 2011 01:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COVERT AFFAIRS.

Comment by Francesa – June 9, 2011 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • USA is truly trying and tbh, they haven’t been doing bad. Their series, Mini-series and made for TV movies have done well in the last 10 years.

From the information i can gather, the last 10 years got them:
    39 Emmy Nominations
    8 Emmy wins
    Nominations include:
    Burn Notice (First Acting Nominee in 2010 for Supporting actress)
    Psych (first nominee in 2010)
    The 4400 (with 3 Nominations)
    Helen of Troy
    Monk (with 18 nominations throughout the years)
    Spartacus
    The STarter Wife (wth 10 nominations and 1 win for Supporting actress in a Miniseries or TV movie)
    Traffic (with 3 Nominations)

And Monk had 8 wins and The Starter wife 1.

Even at the golden globes they are trying with 9 nominations and 1 win throughout the last 10 years.
    The STarter Wife
    Monk (7 Nominations and 1 win)
    Covert Affairs (in 2011)

USA is no Showtime or HBO or AMC or FX…but they are getting up there amongst the best.

Comment by KevinSWerleman – June 9, 2011 02:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fairly Legal had some outstanding acting in its season finale and gets my vote for best drama; but Psych should definitely be nominated for outstanding comedy – because it is! Shawn and Gus ROCK!

I can’t even believe USA is omitting Psych from the network’s Emmy bid!

Comment by vjw – June 9, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Mary McCormack on In Plain Sight???! It’s a great, original character and she really has acting chops.

Comment by E. – June 9, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I love In Plain Sight. Mary McCormack is great in the role and I can identify with her feelings about family being a bit too close.
      I have been fans of Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains and White Collar since they were introduced. Each has it’s quirkiness that work. Paolo’s Character Evan is my favorite on Royal Pain’s, Sam Campbell on Burn Notice I have been a fan of since he was on Zena Warrior Princess. Sharon Gless is a icon. Jeffery Donovan amazing and Gabrielle Anwar a beautiful feisty lady. Loved seeing Matt Romer sing at the Kennedy Awards last year. All great talent. Keep up the work USA.

Comment by PMcDermott – June 9, 2011 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve watched Psych a couple of times, and I just didn’t care for it. I found Shawn too immature for my taste (and I feel that same way to a lesser extent about Kate on Fairly Legal). I may watch Covert Affairs again because of Christopher Gorham (Harper’s Island!!!!) and Kari Matchett (even though I’d like to see her on Leverage as Nate’s ex-wife again) and Peter Gallagher and Sendhil from Heroes. I love White Collar, which is tied with Leverage for my favorite summer series; Drop Dead Diva is a close third. I love you, Matt & Tim, but you don’t have Emmy material; and NOBODY better take the best supporting actor Emmy away from John Noble!

Where was a glimpse of Michael Trucco for Fairly Legal; he’s eye candy!

Comment by Doris – June 9, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice!!! BuRn NoTiCe!!!!!!!! BURN NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by TVatTimes – June 9, 2011 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White collar or Pysch are the best, but now Pysch isn’t even up there! Burn notice is stupid and Royal Pains is just okay, Pysch is hilarious and White Collar is just amazing there is no contest (I don’t watch covert affairs)

Comment by Cole – June 9, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First of all, Psych sucks, that’s why it not on the list. All the shows but Royal Pains are fantastic. I like Royal Pains, but can’t seem to get really excited about it. So I will say Covert Affairs for a final answer:)

Comment by Julie – June 9, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For those of you saying “what about psych?” Odds are very minimal it can hit for the Emmy in Comedy. There is way too much competition for it (i.e The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, Glee, 30 Rock, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, etc. the list can be a bit lengthy). Psych, while funny, is not enough to contend with the first 4 I mentioned. Drama is a little easier to get into as a few powerhouse dramas in the past are now not performing nearly as strong.

Comment by DJ – June 9, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love all of these shows and watch all of them all loyally, but honestly, Psych is starting to get a little old. I do agree, it’s not up to the caliber of other comedies out there at all. If they could tone down the hijinks just a little, I think I could handle it a little better.

Comment by Kate – June 9, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post