America's Got Talent: Who Had the Best Audition in Seattle?

The pickings on Tuesday night’s America’s Got Talent Seattle audition show contained less meat than LeAnn Rimes’ hipbones. Yeah, 8-year-old Sadie, in her black and white houndstooth trench coat and shiny black rain boots, kinda killed it on “It Don’t Mean a Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing),” but I don’t really care to see or hear pre-teens performing music on my TV set. (What next? Deadliest Catch: Grade-School Edition?) And Zuma Zuma’s human pyramid/pretzel shtick was okay, I guess, but won’t that get old fast?

I’d normally pick my Top 3 auditions for an AGT recap, but in this case, I feel like it would be disingenuous to choose more than one. So who’s my favorite? (Drum roll please…) How about comedian/celebrity vocal impersonator Melissa Villasenor (embedded below)? Her Barbara Walters and Natalie Portman were amusing enough, but when she launched into her Kathy Griffin and Christina Aguilera bits, I surprised myself by LOL-ing hardcore.

What did you think of Melissa? Did anyone else in Seattle impress you? Could you have lived your whole life without experiencing the magic of Paper Horn Man? (Oh, and please, j’enough with the Howie-vs-Piers ridiculata!) Sound off below, and for all my reality recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. MA says:

I liked the little scatting girl. She reminded me of Haley…and was only introduced for about five seconds, which also reminded me of Haley.

• J says:

LOL! 5 seconds is actually pretty accurate for Haley.

Melissa’s really funny check out her standup on youtube.

2. Ken The Great says:

Blah, blah, blah…ready for my Haley fix!

3. Volcfom says:

I don’t watch the show but I read your re-cap and watch what you embed. That being said, her Kathy Griffin was AWESOME! I might watch just to see her again.

4. Julie says:

Darn it all…..Canadians can’t see your embedded videos! Please go through Youtube!!

• MA says:

Yeah, I have to second this. I’m in the US, but I can only watch the embedded videos on this site at work. They don’t load properly on DSL, I guess, and they stop and start every other second or so. Just thought I’d chime in, in case YouTube is a possibility…

• DonMI says:

Add me to the list of people with high-speed DSL who can barely watch the videos on this site. They stop, stutter, and sometimes quit working altogether. (and yes, I’ve changed my Flash settings as some people have suggested)

5. KLLund says:

I am already fed up with the Piers vs Howie stuff .. not funny and it is making them both look like kindergarteners .. perhaps the children on the stage could give them some tips on how to act.

6. docdaddy says:

FAR too much schtick from Howie and Piers – it felt as if that was the emphasis of the show, rather than the acts.

7. Taylor says:

I freaking LOVED Melissa!!!
    She had me laughing from the get-go, but I died when she did Kathy.
    I thought Sadie was cute. Hopefully tonight’s 2 hour episode will be better.

8. Danielle Notaro says:

I LOVED Melissa.. The Kathy Griffin was dead on and what a rare thing to do Natalie Portman and so well.

9. David says:

Loved Melissa! That Kathy Griffin had me laughing so hard, co-workers are staring! Ha! Great Natalie impression, too, the skit rocked!

10. kateebee says:

And once again a story shows up on the Canadian view of the website with an embedded video that we can’t see. I’ll take your word for it that it was entertaining.

11. PaulH says:

NCIS deserves consideration here; it’s the #1 scripted show on TV, and for good reason; it’s got great writing, directing and a top-notch cast (Mark Harmon, Cote dePablo and Pauley Perrette were submitted by CBS in their respective categories). Premium cable doesn’t have a corner on the market for quality dramas.