TVLine Items: Late Late Show En Route to Paris, Community's Abed Previews Emmys, and More

Are you ready for Le Late Late Show Avec Craig Ferguson? The funnyman is taking his CBS talker to Paris, France for a week this summer, with the batch of special episodes set to bow August 1.

As of now, the lovely Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) is set to join Ferguson in the City of Love, in addition to beaucoup other guests to be announced at a later date.

Take a peek below at Ferguson announcing his trip abroad during the cold open of Monday night’s show:

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Community college student Abed Nadir is a pop culture fiend, so who better to preview this year’s Emmy contenders than the man himself? Thankfully, Variety enlisted his help with that exact task, and the system he uses for narrowing down the pool of potentials (it involves ABBA) is worth a look. Abed predicts Emmy love for The Big C, Parks and Recreation, Modern Family, The Office, 30 Rock, and The Big Bang Theory, with Showtime’s Big C ultimately taking home the top honors. Alas, there’s no Community love included, as, well, that would be too meta — even for Abed.

• Bravo has greenlit a fourth season of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Season 3 of the series is just getting underway, and moves to its new time slot this Sunday, June 12 at 10/9c. Additionally, the Season 6 finale of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Orange County last Sunday delivered the most-watched episode of the series, with 2.88 million total viewers.

• TLC has renewed its money-saving sensation Extreme Couponing for a second season. The cabler has ordered a 12-episode encore of the docu-series, set to premiere this September.

HawthoRNe‘s Marc Anthony has been named executive music producer of the TNT series, says The Hollywood Reporter. The third season of the medical drama (premiering June 14) will feature theme music composed by Anthony and his partner Julio Reyes.

• For all of your summer and winter Olympic needs — through the year 2020 — there’s only one place to go: NBC. The network has officially won the rights to air four consecutive games beginning in 2014, NBCSports.com reports, in addition to an earlier deal securing them both the 2010 and 2012 outings.

The Voice debuts its live shows this Tuesday, June 7 on NBC, and EW.com has your first look at their new futuristic set. Take a look at the link here. Following the episode, viewers will be invited to vote for their favorite artist (à la American Idol), and for the first time ever fans can submit their pick by purchasing the (potential) artist’s single on iTunes for $1.29 a piece. Votes will also be tabulated via toll-free phone call, the NBC Live app, and online at NBC.com.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!

1. L. says:

If they give the location for Le late late show avec Craig Ferguson, I might say hello.

2. Liz says:

Hey, that’s great! Maybe I’ll say hello too! J’ai hâte! :)

3. claire says:

Hé moi aussi je veux savoir :)

4. annapite says:

Is he going to the set of ‘Ce soir avec Arthur’? Je l’espère!

5. Girish says:

Kristen Bell & Craig are like close friends now. She has appeared on Late Late Show more than anybody! So happy that Craig is getting the recognition he deserves. Now, if only Leno or Letterman steps down and hands it over to Craig, I’d be one happy guy! Craig’s the best of all the hosts! He actually cares about his guests and is funny beyond belief!!

6. Jon says:

Kristen Bell? What’s the point of taking the show overseas if you’re going to have American guests? I say, stick to European guests, guests that we rarely see over here, guests that are hard to get in America. Otherwise just film the show in front of a green screen and say you’re in Paris.

• Amber says:

I’m trying to think what overseas guests he could get, and all I can think of is Richard Belzer who I believe lives in Paris. I would love to see him on Le Late Show avec Craig Ferguson! Isn’t Johnny Depp in France too? Who else lives over there that could be on?

• Ivan says:

I think the actual target audience IS the American audience.

But given CF & KB have such a good chemistry, it’s no surprise..

Besides, she DID express her disappointment of Geoff being the co-host – stating SHE wanted to be his sidekick.

A mon avis, ya pas de doutes, ca va être de grands moments de rire !

7. L. says:

I can see that I’m not the only French reader here! Bonjour à tous :p

8. Amber says:

I love Craig! That sounds fun.

9. N. says:

Wow! There are a lot of french readers here! Salut, comment çava tout le monde? xD

10. Will says:

French squadron here! It’s funny too read some comments in french haha, but not that surprising actually since TVLine is like a bible for TV addicts here (and basically everywhere in Europe ^^).

I’m really looking forward to this exciting “week in Paris” :)

11. Danielle H. says:

The Voice is doing something very smart that Idol should do: let iTunes sales translate into votes. Way to think smart!

12. Lisa M K says:

Is it time to say “Oooh La La!”?

13. Jason says:

In regards to the late late show…

I don’t get why they’re gonna wait almost 2 months to show them.

How does that make sense?

• Federico says:

I’m guessing, to build up the hype for the show, to help the ratings. Fallon won again this year. That little prick. (XD)

Anyway, I LOVE Mr. Ferguson, i watch the late late show daily! I hope he would come to Italy to do the show! I would be his personal stalker. *__*

14. ivan says:

Ever since I saw the monday night show I’ve been running around to see if there were any chance to participate in any audience…

I mean… Craig, Kristen *smokin’* Bell, Geoff, Sid… In FRANCE !

(I live there btw)

I just can’t wait for the 1st week of august – this is going to be stuff of anthology!