Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Harry's Law Parts Ways With Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen

The jury is in, and it appears neither Brittany Snow nor Aml Ameen will be a part of the second season of Harry’s Law.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Snow and Ameen have parted ways with the show in what an insider describes as a “mutual decision” with producers. Both actors have been invited to return as guest stars.

The NBC legal dramedy from David E. Kelley opened strong at midseason and with decent numbers throughout its freshman run — and opposite heavy (and sexier) hitters Castle and Hawaii Five-0 — made a case for renewal. Yet along the way, it could be argued, it never knew quite what to do with Jenna and Malcolm, the secretary and street kid-turned-paralegal respectively played by Snow and Ameen.

Still accepting cases at Harriet’s Law & Fine Shoes are series lead Kathy Bates and Nate Corddry.

Thoughts? Bummed to see Jenna and Malcolm go? Hit the comments!

Comments (283)

• I’m really sad to see them go to, but at least their characters had exiting explanations (Malcom is at school, and Jenna got a better job).

WHAT HAPPENED TO DAMIEN??? HE WAS AWESOME!!

Comment by allie – October 20, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittany helped to make the show. Sorry to see her go.

Comment by Lynn Graham Winters – October 20, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The shoe store and the racial mix is what made Harry’s Law new and different. I miss the younger group and the storefront. Nothing new is learned from an echo – and that is what Kelley has created – an echo of every other law show offering on the air. =-(

Comment by Jude – October 20, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got to say,I kind of expected it. They are both good actors but they didn’t really fit this show.

Comment by Rick – October 21, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss the three young actors from Harry’s Law.
    Why were they let go? I think they complemented the show.
    I still watch the show and still enjoy it, though not as much as before. I wish they could be brought back.

Comment by Caroline Rollins – October 26, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss what they had in season 1. It was a really different legal show. Now it’s just like every other one out there. I don’t like the Ollie character at all. And poor Adam now hardly ever seems to even talk to Harry. Harry’s Law has lost all of the crazy charm it had. Sad.

Comment by Pat – October 26, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the loss of these two actors have severely impaired the show it is not as good as the first series, I also would like to know what happened to Damien? I genuinely think they shouldn’t have changed the format.

Comment by Dan – October 30, 2011 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else notice the title music change, as well as the removal of Harriets revolver from the opening title ? Why ?
    This show is, imho, without any doubt, along with many others’ comments as support, “Jumping The Shark”.

Last season, it was good, but the 2nd season, is definately trying to appeal to different demographics (not mine, I am over 50) by the many changes, and not any that are very subtle. Oh well, watching 1st season reruns once a year will satiate my wife and myself.

Steve

Comment by Steve B – October 30, 2011 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very disappointed in this season. The three characters that gave the show “character” – and the shoe store location – are gone. Bad move Mr. Kelley.

Comment by Janie – November 2, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We miss Brittany Snow and the shore store, she was funny and wholesome. The show needs the shoe store girl back, especially since the credits show the shoes at the beginning, but without a shoe girl. Please bring her back, we really miss her.

Comment by Margo kobo – November 3, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was so much better last season with a different concept. What happened writers.?

Comment by Sissy – November 3, 2011 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not happy with these changes, and it’s too bad because I had high hopes for this show. I will miss Malcolm, Jenna and the inner city office by the shoe store a lot. I haven’t heard of many shows that were successful after changing the format in their sophomore year. And why did they bring in Cassie? If any character is dead weight it’s her.

Comment by Merrigan – November 5, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *******This show does NOT suck.*******
    It started out, attorney walked away from high paying boring job, moves to small neighborhood and learns criminal work fast.

Even without Malcolm and Jenna, all of a sudden she is a hotshot attorney in new digs and no shoe store. A little abrupt but still good stories.

I think Harry needs to lose a case and rethink where she’s going with this. And what’s wrong with cases about stuff other than murder….fraud, shoplifting, auto theft… all kinds of stuff to get good cases from. Law and Order is always about capital crimes. Stick with the other stuff.

i liked the hometown feel with real problems and real people….kinda liked the “gun-slinging gal” thing too. It still has some good dark humor with Harry’s sarcasm.

I will continue to watch because I love Harry and Tommy and Adam, jury is out about the new guys, Ollie and Cassie. Good actors, not the right roles. Felt better headed with single attorneys that came together, finding their way…but I am willing to see where they take the characters.

Comment by Allison – November 8, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This week will be my last week watching Harry’s Law. Big mistake dumping Jenna and Malcolm and moving out of the shoe store. It isn’t about character age but rather which characters are interesting. I miss Brittany Snow.

Comment by Candace – November 10, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show at the start because of the story premise and the characters. The story premise has now been obliterated and some main characters that supported that premise have been axed. It’s now just an average law show that I don’t watch. The mucky-mucks have earned their titles once again.

Comment by bigguy sez – November 14, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually kind of glad! Cable has so many great shows and the folks behind the scenes understand that ‘if it works, give ‘em more’! So, yeah – Harry’s Law was great, it was magical, but so was ABC’s Eli Stone. Well, ABC got rid of Eli and I haven’t and won’t watch it again – why should I? NBC is following in thier footsteps – what, do these guys all think that they’re CBS!???

Comment by Steve – November 29, 2011 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree! I loved Harry’s Law when it was more than just another legal show. The shoe store plus the adorable other characters like Brittany Snow made me want to watch. It had so many layers and now, even though I adore Kathy Bates, it’s flat. I can watch The Good Wife or old episodes of Boston Legal if all I’m looking for is a legal show. Why would David E. Kelley let the chartactera go that made the show unique (and worth watching). Kathy, I hope you fought for them because they were an integral part of the whole storyline. I’m sure you did.

Comment by Brittani D'Agostino – November 30, 2011 03:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching the new show but it was so much better in the first season. The whole idea of having a law office in a shoe store was more appealing and I really liked Brittany Snow. They could have found something for her to do around there.

Comment by Bruce Newton – November 30, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been a fan of Brittany Snow since American Dream and I sure hate to see her go. The show is not as good as it was the first year. Kathy Bates keeps it together but it is probably more than she can do after this season. It is just another law show now and lost it’s appeal.

Comment by Walt – March 25, 2012 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know this is an old thread, but it’s what came up on top of Google when I finally decided to search what happened to the Brittney Snow. I Tivo everything and since they changed the show, I don’t even bother watching it anymore. Shame, because I love Kathy Bates. But it’s been said before, it’s just another legal drama now. Dime a dozen. Why change what was working?

Comment by rrubes – April 16, 2012 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a great shoe, I’d advise don’t mess with a winner

Comment by Becky Cochran – April 16, 2012 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Show, typing on ipad!

Comment by Becky Cochran – April 16, 2012 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So your going to stop watching the show because the black guys role was cut? That is so ridiculous and racist. Never have I judged a show by how many white people were in it or if the only white person got cut or whatever. I’ve watched plenty of shows where the main characters were all black. Sorry but hearing you and others say the same thing really bothers me. I could go on about why that way of thinking is so wrong but why bother. It wasn’t like the show said we don’t want any blacks in the show nor was he the only one cut from the show. I think it’s a great show and I watch a lot of TV being retired and not being able to do a lot of things because of a bad back. Anytime we can watch a well written show with an A grade actor as the main character we are lucky. I really liked the actors and the roles they played that we’re cut but that’s TV. I don’t think the show is any worse now that they are gone. Everyone has their own opinion but to just say I won’t watch a show because of the race or ages of the people is stupid. If its a good show I watch it period!

Comment by Terry – May 7, 2012 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uhmm, bad, very bad idea. The show was great. It didn’t require any changes. If aml and snow had a little part, they should have gotten them bigger roles. So, i guess i’m done. Thanks for a great first season. .

Comment by chernyn – July 12, 2012 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post