Exclusive

Exclusive: Harry's Law Parts Ways With Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen

The jury is in, and it appears neither Brittany Snow nor Aml Ameen will be a part of the second season of Harry’s Law.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Snow and Ameen have parted ways with the show in what an insider describes as a “mutual decision” with producers. Both actors have been invited to return as guest stars.

The NBC legal dramedy from David E. Kelley opened strong at midseason and with decent numbers throughout its freshman run — and opposite heavy (and sexier) hitters Castle and Hawaii Five-0 — made a case for renewal. Yet along the way, it could be argued, it never knew quite what to do with Jenna and Malcolm, the secretary and street kid-turned-paralegal respectively played by Snow and Ameen.

Still accepting cases at Harriet’s Law & Fine Shoes are series lead Kathy Bates and Nate Corddry.

Thoughts? Bummed to see Jenna and Malcolm go? Hit the comments!

1. allie says:

I’m really sad to see them go to, but at least their characters had exiting explanations (Malcom is at school, and Jenna got a better job).

WHAT HAPPENED TO DAMIEN??? HE WAS AWESOME!!

2. Lynn Graham Winters says:

Brittany helped to make the show. Sorry to see her go.

3. Jude says:

The shoe store and the racial mix is what made Harry’s Law new and different. I miss the younger group and the storefront. Nothing new is learned from an echo – and that is what Kelley has created – an echo of every other law show offering on the air. =-(

4. Rick says:

Got to say,I kind of expected it. They are both good actors but they didn’t really fit this show.

5. Caroline Rollins says:

I really miss the three young actors from Harry’s Law.
    Why were they let go? I think they complemented the show.
    I still watch the show and still enjoy it, though not as much as before. I wish they could be brought back.

6. Pat says:

I miss what they had in season 1. It was a really different legal show. Now it’s just like every other one out there. I don’t like the Ollie character at all. And poor Adam now hardly ever seems to even talk to Harry. Harry’s Law has lost all of the crazy charm it had. Sad.

7. Dan says:

I think the loss of these two actors have severely impaired the show it is not as good as the first series, I also would like to know what happened to Damien? I genuinely think they shouldn’t have changed the format.

8. Steve B says:

Did anyone else notice the title music change, as well as the removal of Harriets revolver from the opening title ? Why ?
    This show is, imho, without any doubt, along with many others’ comments as support, “Jumping The Shark”.

Last season, it was good, but the 2nd season, is definately trying to appeal to different demographics (not mine, I am over 50) by the many changes, and not any that are very subtle. Oh well, watching 1st season reruns once a year will satiate my wife and myself.

Steve

9. Janie says:

I am very disappointed in this season. The three characters that gave the show “character” – and the shoe store location – are gone. Bad move Mr. Kelley.

10. Margo kobo says:

We miss Brittany Snow and the shore store, she was funny and wholesome. The show needs the shoe store girl back, especially since the credits show the shoes at the beginning, but without a shoe girl. Please bring her back, we really miss her.

11. Sissy says:

It was so much better last season with a different concept. What happened writers.?

12. Merrigan says:

I am not happy with these changes, and it’s too bad because I had high hopes for this show. I will miss Malcolm, Jenna and the inner city office by the shoe store a lot. I haven’t heard of many shows that were successful after changing the format in their sophomore year. And why did they bring in Cassie? If any character is dead weight it’s her.

13. Allison says:

*******This show does NOT suck.*******
    It started out, attorney walked away from high paying boring job, moves to small neighborhood and learns criminal work fast.

Even without Malcolm and Jenna, all of a sudden she is a hotshot attorney in new digs and no shoe store. A little abrupt but still good stories.

I think Harry needs to lose a case and rethink where she’s going with this. And what’s wrong with cases about stuff other than murder….fraud, shoplifting, auto theft… all kinds of stuff to get good cases from. Law and Order is always about capital crimes. Stick with the other stuff.

i liked the hometown feel with real problems and real people….kinda liked the “gun-slinging gal” thing too. It still has some good dark humor with Harry’s sarcasm.

I will continue to watch because I love Harry and Tommy and Adam, jury is out about the new guys, Ollie and Cassie. Good actors, not the right roles. Felt better headed with single attorneys that came together, finding their way…but I am willing to see where they take the characters.

14. Candace says:

This week will be my last week watching Harry’s Law. Big mistake dumping Jenna and Malcolm and moving out of the shoe store. It isn’t about character age but rather which characters are interesting. I miss Brittany Snow.

15. bigguy sez says:

I loved this show at the start because of the story premise and the characters. The story premise has now been obliterated and some main characters that supported that premise have been axed. It’s now just an average law show that I don’t watch. The mucky-mucks have earned their titles once again.

16. Steve says:

I’m actually kind of glad! Cable has so many great shows and the folks behind the scenes understand that ‘if it works, give ‘em more’! So, yeah – Harry’s Law was great, it was magical, but so was ABC’s Eli Stone. Well, ABC got rid of Eli and I haven’t and won’t watch it again – why should I? NBC is following in thier footsteps – what, do these guys all think that they’re CBS!???

17. Brittani D'Agostino says:

I agree! I loved Harry’s Law when it was more than just another legal show. The shoe store plus the adorable other characters like Brittany Snow made me want to watch. It had so many layers and now, even though I adore Kathy Bates, it’s flat. I can watch The Good Wife or old episodes of Boston Legal if all I’m looking for is a legal show. Why would David E. Kelley let the chartactera go that made the show unique (and worth watching). Kathy, I hope you fought for them because they were an integral part of the whole storyline. I’m sure you did.

18. Bruce Newton says:

I’ve been watching the new show but it was so much better in the first season. The whole idea of having a law office in a shoe store was more appealing and I really liked Brittany Snow. They could have found something for her to do around there.

19. Walt says:

I have been a fan of Brittany Snow since American Dream and I sure hate to see her go. The show is not as good as it was the first year. Kathy Bates keeps it together but it is probably more than she can do after this season. It is just another law show now and lost it’s appeal.

20. rrubes says:

I know this is an old thread, but it’s what came up on top of Google when I finally decided to search what happened to the Brittney Snow. I Tivo everything and since they changed the show, I don’t even bother watching it anymore. Shame, because I love Kathy Bates. But it’s been said before, it’s just another legal drama now. Dime a dozen. Why change what was working?

21. Becky Cochran says:

It’s a great shoe, I’d advise don’t mess with a winner

22. Terry says:

So your going to stop watching the show because the black guys role was cut? That is so ridiculous and racist. Never have I judged a show by how many white people were in it or if the only white person got cut or whatever. I’ve watched plenty of shows where the main characters were all black. Sorry but hearing you and others say the same thing really bothers me. I could go on about why that way of thinking is so wrong but why bother. It wasn’t like the show said we don’t want any blacks in the show nor was he the only one cut from the show. I think it’s a great show and I watch a lot of TV being retired and not being able to do a lot of things because of a bad back. Anytime we can watch a well written show with an A grade actor as the main character we are lucky. I really liked the actors and the roles they played that we’re cut but that’s TV. I don’t think the show is any worse now that they are gone. Everyone has their own opinion but to just say I won’t watch a show because of the race or ages of the people is stupid. If its a good show I watch it period!

23. chernyn says:

Uhmm, bad, very bad idea. The show was great. It didn’t require any changes. If aml and snow had a little part, they should have gotten them bigger roles. So, i guess i’m done. Thanks for a great first season. .