Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Harry's Law Parts Ways With Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen

The jury is in, and it appears neither Brittany Snow nor Aml Ameen will be a part of the second season of Harry’s Law.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Snow and Ameen have parted ways with the show in what an insider describes as a “mutual decision” with producers. Both actors have been invited to return as guest stars.

The NBC legal dramedy from David E. Kelley opened strong at midseason and with decent numbers throughout its freshman run — and opposite heavy (and sexier) hitters Castle and Hawaii Five-0 — made a case for renewal. Yet along the way, it could be argued, it never knew quite what to do with Jenna and Malcolm, the secretary and street kid-turned-paralegal respectively played by Snow and Ameen.

Still accepting cases at Harriet’s Law & Fine Shoes are series lead Kathy Bates and Nate Corddry.

Thoughts? Bummed to see Jenna and Malcolm go? Hit the comments!

Comments (283)

• They were my favourite part of the show!!!!!!!!! They lost me as a viewer!!

Comment by dfafdes – June 7, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, David Kelley dropped the two youngest and best looking characters in his production because he couldn’t figure out what to do with them? Who saw that coming?

Oh, other than anyone under 40 in the opening credits of Boston Legal.

Comment by Rock Golf – June 7, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Damn, I never thought about that. The young ones on Boston Legal did seem to come and go rather quickly.

Comment by AJ – June 7, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • what is gonna happen when you are no longer young, and if you are good looking now, your looks go? does that mean you should drop off the earth? are you that shallow and without depth of soul? ewwww

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Join a gym. Stay fit and active. I’ve met 50 year old women that could give 20 somethings a run for their money.

Besides, Ageism works both ways honey.

Comment by Cash – June 8, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I miss both of them as well as the shoe store. Love the show but would very much like to see them and the original shoe store back…

Comment by diana – October 13, 2011 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with diane. I will miss them both. Loved the 1st season format and characters. I will not be watching the show and have taken it off of my dvr schedule. They lost 2 viewers, my husband feels the same way.

Comment by Deb – October 13, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I AGREE. I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS, THEY SEEM TO COMPLETE EACH OTHER. I WILL REALLLY MISS JENNA, SHE WAS MY FAVORITE, AND KATHY BATES. PROBABLY WONT BE ON MY LIST OF MUST SEES ANYMORE UNLESS THEY BRING HER BACK—–PLEASE PLASE. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH ALL THESE SERIES, THEY START OUT WITH SOMETHING THAT WORKS AND IS REALLY INTERESTING AND THEN THEY RUIN IT EITHER BY CHANGING ACTORS OR THEME. OR JUST TAKE IT OFF THE AIR. I WATCHED EVERY SHOW LAST SEASON AND THIS ONE TOO. HAVE TO SEE HOW IT GOES WITHOUT JENNA. SURE HOPE HOSANNA WONT TO PART OF THE CAST. UGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comment by DEE BASSETT – October 17, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree – I much prefer the shoe store as their home base – different from the other shows – now they seem the same with the pricey offices!

Comment by Mags – October 19, 2011 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. The old format was better. The shoe store made this law show different than the others. The former cast made the show more interesting as well. Probably won’t watch it as much, or at all now.

Comment by Lee – October 23, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree! I loved the shoe store thing, being protected by the gang. I miss the 2 young actors too. Please bring it back to the feel of season one!

Comment by cas – October 26, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I totally agree with diana! This show has lost a lot of it’s spark – although I do love Kathy Bates! – bring back Brittney Snow and the shoes!!! I also loved the character of Malcolm and thought he was a positive role model for young kids out there! Shame on David Kelley!

Comment by Val – November 7, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am really leaning toward watching something else. I looked so forward to the new season, and where is all the staff? what happened to the small firm? Why are these changes taking place? I don’t like it at all. And I am very sad because I loved that show. Now I don’t know. Put it back the way it was. Everyone worked together, and everyone made a impact on that show. I am so sad. :(

Comment by Brenda – October 13, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m really sorry to see them go. The original premise was refreshing and the show store concept made it stand apart. I’m afraid it’s turning into just another Lawyer show. Since I stopped watching those years ago, I’m sure after a few more episodes when it becomes same old same old I’ll regretfully stop watch Harry. Too bad I really enjoyed last year.

Comment by Jack – October 15, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I 100% agree with your comments. My thoughts exactly. It looks just like every other lawyer show now. I am very disappointed.

Comment by Donna O – October 18, 2011 12:34 PM PDT
        • I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, BUT HOW DO YOU GET THIS TO THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE DECISIONS, DO THEY EVEN CARE WHAT THEIR VIEWERS WONT?

Comment by DEE BASSETT – October 17, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I do not think the people making the decisions care or they would not have changed a show that was a winner. This show was the only thing I watched on NBC. I tried watching two episodes, I am done with the whole network. Bye NBC

Comment by Wanda – October 19, 2011 06:22 PM PDT
      • why change something that is working and use these characters for the ones that are new on the show? these characters made the show.

Comment by joan – October 22, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a shock. They were the best on the show. They need to get them back. I like the shoe store. They were better off at the store on the streets then in the loft. Jean Smart is no good for the show, she was better on Hawaii 5 o.

Comment by shocked – September 21, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • they were the best on the show? Kathy Bates, Academy Award Winner, is the best on the show. She’s the best on TV period.

Comment by casey – October 5, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree Ameen and Snow made the show. Of course Kathy Bates, is the greatest.

Comment by Ann – October 16, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She was really better on Designing Women!

Comment by Guest – October 15, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by DEEE BASSETT – October 17, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Without those two characters and the character who played the guy who ‘protected’ them … and without the inner city setting, it’s just another boring legal drama. Those characters and setting were what made this show. Network execs are such boneheads. Of course, god forbid keep the black guys and the interracial dating. I’m sure it was just a ‘coincidence.’

Comment by Anon – September 21, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They have probably lost me as a viewer. HL was different to say the least. We have enough Law/Order, CSI, etc. on our plates. Change is good and that shoe store setting fit Kathy perfectly. Damien and Harry kept me watching. I knew that the interracial thing would be blown to pieces. (standard operating procedure) I’ll give it a couple of weeks and I’m done with it. I do love Kathy Bates (native Memphian) but I am also aware of great AfroAmerican actors/actresses when I see them at work and Johnny Ray Gill and Aml Ameen are assets to anybody’s show!!

Comment by helen – September 23, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They have lost me as a viewer! I loved seeing Aml and he was such a good actor. The lack of a Black cast member will always turn me away. And i was really excited about the new season…but as of today i will no longer watch it. I loved the inner city feeling….it was great! But i’m done…

Comment by moreno – September 24, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ‘No God do not take the young ones!’ It is sad to see them go, they gave the show a special spark. I think the show has made a bad mistake letting them go. It would have been great to see how “Harry” could have molded them and they could become more than the sum of their parts. Put them back where they belong!! The show needs that youthful touch as well as the touch of experience.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • DITTO

Comment by DEE BASSETT – October 17, 2011 06:40 PM PDT
        • I agree. I finally went digging around after tonight’s episode. I was totally drawn in last spring by the show, now it is another legal drama. Harry Korn will win every time…boring. TV is going to the dogs. This and Parenthood are both off my list. So sad.

Comment by Becky – October 12, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • What’s wrong if she wins every time.
            Perry Mason did and every show was worth watching.

Comment by Zigli Lucien – October 12, 2011 09:28 PM PDT
          • Why Parenthood?

Comment by Donna O – October 18, 2011 12:37 PM PDT
        • Yeah, they were such a diverse group, nuts, another good show down the toilet!

Comment by Kare – October 12, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with your comment. Why is it always the black guys that get cut off the shows? I love the small firm feeling they had lady year. I will not be watching this season.

Comment by Lee Jones – September 28, 2011 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lee, but they are adding a black woman or do I have that wrong, it just wont be the same with out either of them. I agree it is a dumb move. Kathy Bates character really interacted well with them.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well Karen, the black women is so fair skin can you really tell? If you look real fast and turn away she looks like a dark haired white women.

Comment by Nay – October 13, 2011 03:27 AM PDT
          • According to Imdb and Latina.com, Karen Olivo’s father is Native American and Puerto Rican and her mother is Chinese and Dominican.

Comment by Z – October 13, 2011 01:12 PM PDT
      • I do not understand why the execs said they did not know what to do with the younger characters. I would think as creative as execs are, Malcom role as a young black male overcoming hard times and making it as a lawyer would have been great.

Comment by Cynthia – October 7, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t like the changes, the small law firm with the shoe store and the young couple made it good, sorry but it’s not as good this year,

Comment by judy – October 12, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Right on, Malcom could have really grown in his part.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. With out the diverse characters, both old and young, it is just another boring legal drama. All kinds of people work at law firms including “street kids” and secretary’s that love shoes. That’s what makes life interesting — and it makes TV shows interesting too.

Comment by Betsy – October 13, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with Anon. Doesn’t feel the same without those 3 characters. I think they’re replacing Law & Order since NBC lost them.

Comment by Veronica – October 14, 2011 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHAT A BUMMER – OTHER SHOWS TO WATCH WED NIGHTS

Comment by JESSI – September 24, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeppers me also . I am so lost sense they left the shoe store that i just tuned them out what went from a good show to one that has lost viewers So sad.

Comment by Lavender – October 1, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a fan of the show, I was looking forward to seeing the new season. Half way during the first show I noticed that both the main black male characters were missing. Everyone else was still on the show…but minus the black people. I am sorry but those guys made the show interesting…now Harry’s law is just another “Lawyer” show and I stopped watching.

Comment by Suppie – October 12, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Looks like all black people in the neighbor hood must have picked up and moved away! A great loss to the public on their departure. BIG BUMMER, Not sure I am going to watch anymore. Just out of protest, because of age and alleged race discrimination.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Suppie, I agee, now it is just another lawyer show. For a show that has tried to educate the public on so many issues, it needs to educate itself on discrimination of age, race or sex. And to stick with what works, if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What drew me to this show was the unique setting. Lousy neighborhood, versatile cast, hard shell old time, it had everything that was not normally seen in law shows. I liked Boston Legal but for different reasons. I believe that this was a bad decision but then again, I don’t get paid millions of dollars to entertain the public. I still watch but I don’t see it lasting for very long.

Comment by LL Hughes – October 12, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, it was such a unique situation, law firm and shoe store, thugs, that turn into protectors. Loved the whole concept. The CEO’s have lost their minds!

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • My thoughts exactly I find it very disheartening that we still are intimadated by by minorities co-existing with whites unless like soap operas its in a subserviant postion. After 9/11 you think we would realize that it does take a village.

Comment by Nancy Johnson – April 25, 2012 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree the show was much better last year. I liked the shoe store and the protector. This is another law and order. Ugh. Think they have lost me as a viewer. The only good thing I can say is that Kathy Bates is awesome and I love how the show is so great at showing both sides of the arguement. That said don’t think I need another courtroom drama.

Comment by Annie – October 12, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The youngens add a certain spark to the show, hate to see them go.

Comment by Marie – October 12, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right on Marie.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am still in disbelief. It is hard enough to swallow Aml having left, but now Brittany. Unfortunately, this new LARGER and “L-A-Lawish” structure will lose quite a few viewers…including us. The charm of the show and the freshness of the story lines were great especially the shoe/law firm setting. I hope Kathy and the rest enjoy the remaining episodes left.

Comment by r'nard – October 12, 2011 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well leave it to the hotshot producers and writers! Let Jenna go and you reduce the storyline in half. She added humanity and character to “just another lawyer series”. She was an major reason I watch. Take away Cincinnati and the shoe store, I have no reason to watch. Bates is great, The young associate is great. You could get rid of the 2 other male actors and not hurt a thing…. But Snow…. Snow way!!!!

Comment by Doc – October 12, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why do shows take the best from a show and ruin it by making it an imitation of another show that is no longer on the air what we liked was that it was different and we liked the young new characters that were there I think you guys are scared to take a chance on something new and so we get this rehash.

Comment by Jerome – October 12, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know what I am so very very happy about- I’m glad it was the young ones that were dismissed rather than the older ones. After all, for quite a while, TV ratings only followed young talentless actors. It wasn’t until Betty White came back on the scene that TV execs saw a rise in interest for older actors. So, Jenny and Ameen will find other jobs. They are young. Let the older actors that have been crafting their craft for some time be employed.
      Hey, this is actually good therapy.

Comment by capri – October 13, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The show was so much fun as a law office and shoe store. Now, it’s just another legal show; albeit a good one. I sure don’t agree with having the quirky fun youth removed from the show. I’m over 60 and reality is a mix of ages. It’s the youth of a show that gives seniors a smile. I’ll miss Brittany Snow and I think they should bring her back. Losing the shoe store was disappointing, but losing Brittany is very sad. Tommy’s character is always the same. I like him, but there is no surprise in his character. Brittany at least gave a bounce to the show. Let’s not forget the main star – a true star indeed!

Comment by Nadia – October 13, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is not a good idea, I loved those two characters. Why mess up a good show?

Comment by Jasmine Richards – October 14, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get very angry when the older actors are dismissed. There is no respect for older people. However, I am angry that Snow and Ameen are being let go. I liked them as a couple. Please, don’t do this!!!

Comment by Diane Zion – October 15, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great writing, acting, & directing. Bring back Ami, diversity was & is a plus.

Comment by Rocky – October 15, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am also disappointed. I missed the 1st episode of the second season. So going into the 2nd I was like what happened? I loved the first season. It was funny and different. The fact that it was in a that particular neighborhood with it’s quirks and regular folks was the charm of the show. I love Kathy Bates, but it is just not the same without the entire original cast. Bring Malcolm and Jenna back and move back to the shoe store!! I used to DVR it whenever I was unable to see it, now if I see okay, if I don’t okay. Bad move people.

Comment by Rose – October 18, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. They brought uniqueness to the show along with an interesting sub-plot. It seems like just another racial/age thing.

Comment by Bill T – October 18, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree these characters put the DEK quirky stamp (which we love) on Harry’s Law. I hope they are creative with Tommy to keep this from being just a Cincinnati version of the Practice ( Good, but done).

Comment by JoeyZ – October 19, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well losing these two is about the same as taking out Abby or Gibbs in NCIS sure they weren’t the “lead rolls” but they were pretty awesome and large roles and the nice little touch to make the show a bit sweeter and more pleasent

Comment by justin – October 26, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The origional Harry’s Law had a nice twist to it a bit different, funny but serrious also. A one of a kind show.
      Now
      Harry’s Law is still entertaining and seems to be tackeling more serrious issues, but they lost something with the loss of the younger cast (I am 61 so it’s not an age issue on my part)
      I am not sure I like the expanded Law office, the verdict is still out on that.
      But the show may becoming just another courtroom drama show which are a dime a dozen; NBC: the “Law and Order Network”
      They seem to have a one track mind at NBC, guess that’s why they are number 4.

Comment by Art – December 20, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not surprising, really. Neither character never really seemed to fit in. I do wonder if they’ll bump Christopher McDonald up to a series regular, considering just how much he was in the first season. I can see Kelley doing with this show what he ended up doing with the Boston Legal cast – embracing the older demographic and casting accordingly.

Comment by Elijah – June 7, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering Mr Sunshine was canceled they should get Nate Torrence to fill the void and get back to the wackier days of Boston Legal.

Comment by @DannyboyH – June 7, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you insane? Nate Torrance is the most unpleasant “actor” in Hollywood. I’ll be happy if I never see him again.

Comment by Alex – June 7, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THANK YOU. I can’t stand seeing his face in anything.

Comment by sarah – June 7, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true… never seem play a character that was not stupid.

Comment by Pat – June 8, 2011 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ughh!

Comment by tahina – June 7, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watched because of brittany snow…I won’t be watching anymore.

Comment by kat – June 7, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here, only ever watched cause of Miss Snow. Not a fan of Kathy Bates, but the combination of Snow, McDonald and Corddry was enough to keep me watching, removing one of them makes the show not worth my time versus other series.

Comment by Jericho – June 7, 2011 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • have u ever seen kathy bates in any movie? like the movie she was in with james caan that stephen king wrote? she was incredible? look on imbd and look at her early work. she is an incredible actress…always?

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you asking whether or not she was incredible? Because every sentence doesn’t end in a question mark? And this isn’t Misery (that movie she was so incredible in over 20 years ago, whose name you couldn’t be bothered to look up or even remember), this is a TV show? And just because someone is a good actress doesn’t mean everyone has to like them?

Comment by r0ckmypants – June 7, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • They should do a TV version of Misery instead. Every week, she could kidnap a different guest star. That would get the ratings!

Comment by Miffy – June 7, 2011 10:40 PM PDT
          • My my….aren’t we angry……I didn’t realize how touchy someone would be about using question marks…………..
            I really liked Kathy as Harry and the twist of the laws was refreshing…..hope the show is back at least for another season…

Comment by pgasavvy – June 27, 2011 07:15 PM PDT
        • Bravo Kathy Bates, she is a wonderful actress, and Harry’s law has really showcased her talents, but the whole cast played off each other so well, I hope Kathy doesnt loose this show because of poor executive decisions.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ME TOO! I LOVE BRITTANY SNOW…ugh, this is so disappointing.

Comment by Joey – June 7, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They lost me as a viewer, too. I loved them on the show.

Comment by sarahmk778 – June 7, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes i’m bummed! i like Brittany as an actress, and even though they didn’t give her nearly enough to do, i still liked her there.
    and Aml was perfect in his role, and i really looked forward to his storyline developing.
    BOOOOOO to Harry’s Law!

Comment by flutiefan – June 7, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree flutiefan, Boooooo to Harry’s Law for booting all the kids, and removing some remarkable black actors.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Britney Snow was the reason i watched the show. she was great. i cant picture the show being good without her

Comment by jen – June 7, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brittany Snow was half the reason I watched. Jenna was the reason there is even a shoe store!

Comment by Ann – June 7, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Jenna and Malcolm are good for the show. Very disappointed in Harry’s Law.

Comment by Tia – June 8, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well that sucks i really liked Brittany Snow’s character thought she was good for Harry with their friendship sigh i guess so….the other one i can careless for really didn’t warm up to him that much and i thought his character was douchey towards the middle and onwards of the season so meh will not miss him at all

Comment by darklady65 – June 7, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that was kind of stupid also because Brittany snow is the best person on earth to me. Also her personality is the best too. She is so so so so pretty.

Comment by kamryn buck – February 18, 2013 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They were the best part of the show, sorry Harry’s Law but it seems that your slump towards the end of your season will continue all the way to cancellation.

Comment by David – June 7, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • do you want all shows that have casts with older people taken off the air? what would you like your mom and dad or grandparents to watch–are you that selfish? there are more of us than there are of you, so expect this show to be on a long time. have fun watching dancing with the stars. so much to learn, like life lessons in those shows.

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Practically every show I watch or have watched in the past have older casts and I’m only in my 20s. The older generation has cast members their age in Desperate Housewives, The Good Wife, Grey’s Anatomy, and just about every other show on ABC, CBS, and NBC. How dare you call us youngsters selfish when we’re stuck with garbage on The CW and MTV, which is really more focused on teens than people in their twenties. My generation has to settle on shows with an older cast or shows with a cast our age playing high schoolers.

Comment by To Karin – June 7, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bravo for casting the BabyBoomers in serious roles like The Good Wife. I’m a not so bad looking Boomer, myself and I detest all the shows that continue to exploit these “beautiful-bodied-brainless brats” and call them actors/actresses. They come across more as strippers and exhibitionists, Porn stars don’t show much more of their bodies as these young stars do. The sad thing about it is that they “have to” do it to stay in the spotlight. And that includes those in the music business as well.

Comment by helen – September 23, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow, karin… you’re annoying. Ad money is in younger demographics, so it really doesn’t matter that “there are more of you.” (By the way, one of the dumbest arguments I’ve read on the internet in a long time, which is saying something.) If Harry’s Law were on any network other than the struggling NBC, it would have been canceled.

P.S. – Dancing with the Stars is just as, if not more, popular with your age group as it is with the younger demos. Your crocheting needles are calling you, karin. Step away from the comment box and answer them.

Comment by r0ckmypants – June 7, 2011 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Gotta argue with the new truth about your first statement. Yes, in the past the ad money has been in the younger demographic, but that is rapidly changing due to one key piece of information you have overlooked: Young people are no longer watching television. When a show is available on the internet, the cell phone, the tablet…the ad dollars are going to those products, not to television demographics, and the numbers are really starting to swing away from that young group that networks used to covet. I’m willing to bet that as the decade continues, we’ll see more and more ads and shows actually on television courting the over 40 set, and that means more thoughtful dramas like this one will have legs that nobody could have expected. Of course, that is assuming the world doesn’t end next December…stupid Mayans.

Comment by Dave – June 8, 2011 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am afraid you are rigt David.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with sarahmk778, kat and defades…I’m no longer watching. I only watched for Britney Snow and if she isn’t on it, I’m not watching…there pulling a cbs with ajcook.

Comment by sammi23 – June 7, 2011 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe they’ll keep being like CBS with AJ Cook and bring her back by the end of the season. :-)

Comment by Cari – June 8, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Won’t watch. Only watched because of Brittany Snow. There was a nice balance between the characters. They should have given Brittany a bigger role or at least something of substance. The role didn’t do her justice.

Comment by Linda – June 8, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bummed about them not being on the show anymore, but it’s not going to make me stop watching. The least they could have done is bump them to supporting characters in the show. I don’t see how the shoe store will survive without Jenna, neither Adam nor Harry can sell shoes to save their lives. Or maybe they’re going to drop the shoe store aspect and just make Harry work in a regular law firm (here’s voting that the show store burns down in the premiere and she has to find a new place to practice law).

Comment by What?! – June 7, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • couldn’t care less about Jenna, although I like Brittany Snow. I will miss Malcolm, though. I think he’s integral to the practice and therefore, the show. I’d rather lose Adam’s annoying ex-girlfriend then either Malcolm or Jenna.

Comment by Beaglicious – June 7, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow! I really like Adam’s ex-girlfriend (Jordana Spiro). I was hoping to see her return. Very disappointed she’s not back.

Comment by dave – October 12, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, what a shame! Agreed that they hadn’t really lived up to their potential yet, but there was SO MUCH potential there, seems like a waste to go cutting them now. Brittany in particular just had such great chemistry with everyone and I felt like she stole every little scene she was given. I was excited to see her character evolve!

Comment by Grace – June 7, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll miss them, but I’ll still watch.

Comment by Smidnite – June 7, 2011 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think i join most everyone else here in saying that i did not watch Harry’s Law & Fine Shoes for old Harry and her law. I watched for the fine shoes Ms Snow’s character offered as counter to the annoying Harry. Without the proprietress of the shoe store the location will probably be changed and then the entire concept of the show will be in shambles. Dominoes. David E Kelley is an idiot to make these changes. Methinks he is trying to ruin his own show just so it will go in the “abruptly cancelled” bin like most everything else of his from the last decade because he just no longer knows what to do when a show gets renewed. Here’s a hint. Harry is the weakest part of the show. She is also the titular character. You’re screwed. Bring back Jenna and Malcolm as guest stars for 22 of 22 episodes and pay Harry to stay out of half of the episodes :)

Comment by jessica – June 7, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a side note i can’t believe that with all the comments about this being a wrong direction for the show that 9 people actually “like”‘d this on Facebook. Harry’s Law & Fine Shoes will have 9 viewers for season 2.

Comment by jessica – June 7, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh YES! Spoken from the true gospel, Facebook. Let’s all assume that no one will ever watch the show just because we don’t log on to your loserbook web site and and push the like button. It’s dumb ass websites like facebook that make people in todays society so anti social, people much like yourself.

Comment by Virgil – September 23, 2011 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Virgil, you are hilarious, truly, well spoken, fella.

Comment by Karen – October 12, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • one day you will be as old as kathy bates, hopefully – and then you gonna let people talk that way about you? if you have incredible talent and depth of character, you gonna take the b/s you just wrote and let it pass? if there is a future for you, it includes older. and then what will you do?

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Settle down. It’s not about “we hate old ladies!” it’s about destroying the premise of the show and getting rid of HALF THE CHARACTERS that viewers have become attached to. Obviously it’s not that everyone dislikes Kathy Bates or the best shows on television wouldn’t have women over 40 as their leads.

Comment by sarah – June 7, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • karin, Kathy Bates could be 23 or 93. It is not her age. It is her. And even more so her character. Sure she won an Academy Award. So have other people. She is a cast member of a show that i enjoyed. If there was to be a cast change i would have picked her to go. But for the complexities of getting rid of a titular character i accept that will never happen. Paul McCrane’s character is like Donna on The West Wing. Except Harry is no Josh Lyman. If you want to get picky because i called the character “old Harry” then sure i would welcome people to talk of me like that at that age. Her character is near retirement age so most people would consider it inaccurate to call her young. You did also it would seem miss the context in which i used the word. Old boys’ club. Old Harry. Old Glory. Most people i know would consider it a term of endearment not an insult. Perhaps you would like to come over for tea and a Hot In Cleveland marathon.

If you do want to get in to ageism then think for a moment what is left of the cast. A guy about 30. Two guys in their 50s and a gal in her 60s. American broadcast networks try to appeal to young people because that is where their revenue from advertisers is mostly to be had. So how does getting rid of the only young cast members aid in appealing to younger people? No matter the show or broadcast network a move like this which removes all young cast members from a show is just odd and doomed.

Lastly, are you sure i am not older than Kathy Bates?

Comment by jessica – June 8, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is a common misconception. TV shows often target younger audiences because they are harder to get–they don’t watch as much TV as older viewers. The advertisers want *all* the viewers, not just young ones, so many shows try to target all age groups.

So that means that if a show is only appealing to 22 year olds, advertisers aren’t going to be paying big bucks to be on that show. But if Harry’s Law loses a few 20 year olds but still has a big share in the “18-59″ category, it’s still going to do well with advertisers.

Comment by Delly – June 8, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad to read this. They are half the reason I watch this show!

Comment by Katie – June 7, 2011 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad, hopefully the show will be better

Comment by Bmo – June 7, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked the show a lot, but a lot of why I liked it was Jenna. I never really warmed up to Malcolm and felt he was a bit too whiny and entitled, so I won’t miss him. But the show without Jenna is definitely going to be missing something! I can’t see it lasting past the next season either way. I was pretty surprised it even got a Season 2.

Comment by AymieJoi – June 7, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A darn shame. Brittany was the reason I watched the show

Comment by Jeremy – June 7, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad they have to go. I love the shoe story but I’m for any tap dance that keeps Ms Bates on my flat screen!

Comment by Alan Taylor – June 7, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is most disappointing about the timing of this news is that it happens after the conclusion of pilot season…. Im guessing they held these likeable and talented actors, especially Brittany Snow, who is always in high demand, in their contracts until they made these decisions now, essentially preventing them from getting jobs on new series for the coming season. Ive been a fan of Brittany’s since American Dreams, and wish her an even better role in the future!

Comment by Industryfan – June 7, 2011 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not exactly true. They could have gone out for pilot season and booked any pilot gig. It would have just been in second position to Harry’s Law. So if their contract was picked up, and their pilot was picked up, the pilot would have to recast. Similar to what happened with Daman Wayan Jr on Happy Ending and Fox’s New Girl.

Comment by Jasin – June 7, 2011 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brittany got permission to go out for pilot season, so in this case, this decision isn’t quite as cruel as it sounds, at least for her, not sure about Aml. Whatever pilot season had to offer didn’t work out for Brittany, but she wasn’t penalized by this decision this time around.

Comment by Tori – June 8, 2011 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why everybody hates this decision; I think it’s completely understandable, and will probably improve the show. Snow and Ameen, decent actors, but their characters were fairly limited to begin with, and frankly with Paul McCrane and especially Christopher McDonald being far more interesting characters, why would you keep these seemingly one-note characters that had basically added almost nothing to the plot, especially Snow’s character. I stopped watching the show frankly because they were a little too in Kathy Bates and Nate Cordrey’s character’s way. And why the heck should David E. Kelley write for younger actors if he doesn’t want to? The older actors are almost always more interesting in his shows precisely because they’re full characters that have histories and lived full lives, and that goes all the way back to “L.A. Law,” you people with short memories. It’s not that he can’t write interesting storylines for younger characters, remember all the things he found for Marla Sokoloff’s character to go through in “The Practice”? Frankly, if he makes a good show with an older cast, than I couldn’t care less about the age of the actors. I’m 26 in case anyone’s wondering after my rant here, but I’d say the people watching a show with Kathy Bates as a tough complex interesting character, and even bothering to care about the twenty-something supporting actors should really have their head examined, especially considering how little they added to the show. I don’t think the show is in any way his best, but he’s suddenly a giant step closer by finding the parts that are the most interesting and now he’s gonna run with them, as he should, and any good writer would do. I’m gonna watch the next season of “Harry’s Law,” with great interest to see how this turns out. I don’t know if it’ll save the show ultimately, but heck, he already regained a lost viewer in me at least for an episode next season.

Comment by David – June 7, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you are gonna go really far in this life with your incredible smart thinking. i loved your post.

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But there’s also a reason why David E Kelley’s shows peak early and plummet into absolute crap incredibly fast.

Comment by sarah – June 7, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sorry to hear about Malclom leaving, but Brittany Snow was nails on a chalkboard for me. I was just never a fan of hers. I would LOVE to see Lucy Lui and Portia De Rosse from Ally McBeal days and Bring back the cute little actress Meredith Eaton (aka Bethany!) from Boston Legal!!!!

Comment by Jason Mcleary – June 7, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me sad. While I they didn’t really fit into the first season, they provided I story line I would have liked to follow. I definitely would have liked to develop their characters more than Tommy Jefferson. I also think Harry brining Malcolm into her practice helped establish her character and formed a connection with the new neighborhood.

Comment by Me – June 7, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m slightly conflicted on this. I loved Brittany Snow’s Jenna but Malcolm wasn’t really a character I thought was very interesting although he did have some promise but the whole relationship between them became kind of forced. I wonder if the show will acknowledge their departure in at least some meaningful way.

Hopefully they’ll bring in some supporting characters that will add something to the show. David E. Kelley has a pretty interesting pedigree when it comes to writing unique supporting characters so we’ll see what happens.

Comment by Tobey Cook – June 7, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this post.

Comment by Snsetblaze – June 7, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am a boomer, so i love kathy bates and i will be watching. david kelley is an amazing writer. we are like 1/3 of the population so mtv people and younger, instead of learning from us older people and the issues we have and had to deal with for you to get where you are, watch your shows. if your civil rights and reproductive rights are taken away, remember your mama and pop or grandma and granpa fought the establishment for those rights for you. one day you will be us and i hope your heroes are not snookie still. time flies after 25, you will see. kathy snow will be a nice looking older woman and you may be bald and fat, but there will always be younger people who don’t think that will ever happen to them. i know i thought older people were yuckie. now i am one, and we aren’t yucky. you will see.

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what in the world are you talking about? you keep ranting about their ages. why can’t i like Brittany Snow, Aml Ameen AND Kathy Bates?

Comment by flutiefan – June 8, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry i meant brittany snow. i had never seen her before.

Comment by karin – June 7, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David E Kelley knows how to kill a show better than anyone else. Ally McBeal, anyone?

Comment by Sarahliz – June 7, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or the Practice or Boston Legal or Boston Public. All great shows that couldn’t sustain their high quality.

Comment by sarah – June 7, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m very sad to see Brittany Snow leave. She’s the only reason I started watching. I’m not sure if I’ll stick around.

Comment by Brandi – June 7, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Withought Brittany, what is going to happen to the shoes?

Comment by Snsetblaze – June 7, 2011 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, thanks for asking that. I am sitting here thinking, “why did they let the shoes become so integrated into the theme if they were going to take out the girl that made it work?” I liked both the young ones and will miss them when the show returns, but I will be watching because unlike some of the other posters I think Kathy Bates is stellar in her performance no matter what she is doing. She can take a string of one liners and make them human comedy or drama depending on the tilt of her voice inflection. Good show, nearly a great one. I will be looking to see where Miss Snow lands next.

Comment by Tonya – August 4, 2011 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • on Boston legal kelley seemed to always be forced to add young characters then did nothing with them… then they would disappear. i like odler characters but come on… what’s his problem with anyone under 30?

Comment by dman – June 7, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Brittany the best, but I never really understood why she was on the show.

Comment by DL – June 7, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought both characters were weak. The point was to provide a counterpoint to Harry—which they did not. Of course the actors did the best they could with what was written for them. Best of luck to both of them.

What Harry needs is a friend—I suggest a middle-aged woman “of color” who is equally as abrasive as Harry. Not to work for Harry, but to be a regular in Harry’s life.

Comment by Clotilde Soupert – June 7, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. They never gave Brittany Snow or Aml Ameen much to do and they brought in Tommy Jefferson who really filled the counterpoint to Harry. Make him a regular and maybe another younger female attorney. It’s a law show in the end and any main character that is not a lawyer will hardly ever develop enough. Elaine did it slightly on Ally McBeal but even she was pushed to to the background during and after season 2.

Comment by Jasin – June 7, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! Snow never really fit. Her performance always came off as fake and wooden. I won’t miss either character. The focus should be on Tommy J, Harry, and the Bug. They are the best parts of the show period.

Comment by wooster182 – June 7, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if this is just dropping them from the main cast to focus more on the other members? I wonder what they mean by guest starring spots if they will be regularly recurring? I think Brittney Snow should have stayed though because her character was pretty much a central figure of the shop. I like David E Kelly and his shows but these are the types of things I never understand. He drops characters too often and without explanation.

Comment by David – June 7, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, you know things are bad when you have a TV show starring the great Kathy Bates, and people swear it off because an actress like Brittany Snow, who was only there for “fluff” anyway, will no longer be on. I always wonder why great shows get cancelled, I guess I can stop wondering now. This thread had been a real eye opener. To the people who are whining about the two young good looking people leaving the show, thanks a lot. It’s people like you that cause the good shows to be cancelled. God forbid there is no young hot girl, or some beefed up guy, I mean really, are you that shallow? Stick to “reality” TV.

Comment by Dawn – June 7, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe I’m actually responding to a post on here, but I just had to say something. Did it ever occur to you that some of us have grown up watching Brittany Snow (she was fantastic on American Dreams) and enjoy her for more than just her “young hot girl” label that you’ve placed on her? Kathy Bates and David E Kelley have always been hit or miss for me, so the reason I started watching was because I enjoy Brittany Snow. Now that she’s off the show, I don’t know if the story lines and characters will be enough to keep my interest. That doesn’t make me “shallow” nor does it mean I watch reality television (my only weakness on that front is So You Think You Can Dance). It just means that perhaps I have different tastes than you in regards to this particular show. It’s ironic that you accuse posters whom you know nothing about of being “shallow” just because they like a certain actress. And as for shows being canceled, I seem to remember a brilliant television show, with a “young hot girl” as the lead, along with a few “beefed up guys”that got canceled due to low ratings…

Comment by Courtney – June 15, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOO! Brittany was the entire reason I gave the show a chance to begin with. I love her so!

Comment by Dave – June 7, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this makes me upset! I have always liked Brittany Snow. I definitely hope the return as guest stars or maybe change their minds…I mean I think this is probably a bad move for the show considering that those younger actors may have been drawing in some younger viewers…

Comment by Robin – June 7, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering about Christopher McDonald (aka Tommy Jefferson)? At first he got on my nerves but as time went on, I was fascinated by his character as well as the Kathy Bates character, Harry/Harriet. I know McDonald has been signed to HBO’s Boardwalk Empire but I don’t know if that excludes him from Harry’s Law or not.
    I would love to see him come back even if only part time. I liked Brittany and Amyl but I think the show could be fine without them too. It’s all about the writing. I see some comments that Kelley’s other shows deteriorated as time went on. I disagree. I have enjoyed most of his shows, especially Picket Fences, The Practice and Boston Legal from the first day to the last.

Comment by dvikib – June 7, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With this decision: 4 new episodes, then “hiatus.”

Comment by EricVonZipper – June 7, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?! No Malcolm or Jenna?! Malcolm started it all when he jumped from a roof top and landed on Harry. And Jenna, well, who is gonna’ sell the “fine shoes”? The show just won’t be the same without them…

Comment by Gina – June 7, 2011 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOW STUPID! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!??!?!?! I love Brittany Snow and besides Kathy Bates that was one of the only reasons to watch!

Comment by Justin K – June 7, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll miss Malcolm but goodbye Jenna. She had no reason to hang around and her personality was too grating. If she really wanted to run a shoe store why was she a legal secretary in the first place? The character was way to shallow for the importance they were placing
    on the role, and Snow has more to offer than that.

Comment by Brett – June 7, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather never see Christopher McDonald on the show again, than lose Brittany Snow and Aml Ameen. I actually stopped watching because of him.

I’m a boomer, and don’t want shows that have only one age group — life is not like that. In the workforce you have many different ages, which is what makes life interesting. Every older person I know who has not enjoyed “housing for the elderly” has said it was because they didn’t want to hang out with a bunch of old people. We need the whole spectrum to keep life interesting.

Comment by E – June 7, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And now the show sucks. I loved those two! I might watch if they bring Jordana Spiro on full time, but without Brtittany I’m pretty much done with it.

Comment by Brynna – June 7, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David E. Kelley does this all the time. How many major cast changes did he make on Boston Legal? Spader and Shatner were the only two who survived the entire run of the show.

Comment by Abe Froman – June 7, 2011 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should replace her with Brittany Spears. That would get the ratings!

Comment by Miffy – June 7, 2011 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m totally fine with this decision. Neither character really had much of an impact. While I did appreciate the humor that Snow brought to the show, she was really unnecessary… I think the show will be retooled a bit. They should get rid of the shoe store angle (which would make sense with Snow’s Jenna character departing) and keep the focus on the lawyers. I’m sure they’ll up Christopher McDonald to series regular. I would also hope they bring back Camryn Manheim’s DA character as a foil for Harry & Co. She was great… Then they can add some interesting younger lawyers/paralegals if they want that young demo. But let’s be honest, the show is for people most likely 30 and older and we care more about good characters and stories than the age of the characters…. And while his character went off the rails and would be hard to redeem, I did enjoy Paul McCrane on the show as well. He grounded his loopy character with heart and great choices and in a lesser actor’s hands, it could’ve been a mess…. All in all, I’m excited that the show got a second season order and I look forward to what Kelley will do to invigorate it.

Comment by Jason – June 7, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do you guys really not remember how annoying Snow’s character was at the end of the first season. EVERY SINGLE WEEK she was crying about something stupid. She was a terrible character that made me cringe. She was the worst part of the show and glad to see her leave. Malcom however was such a good character that had so much room for growth.

Comment by Jon – June 8, 2011 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU!!!

Comment by Frankie – June 8, 2011 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU!! You are a lone voice in a wilderness.

I can’t believe all the positive comments for Brittany Snow. Yes, her character is the reason it’s a shoe store with a law firm, but come on! It’s probably a financial move because it got expensive replacing all the doors that she slammed.

The thing I dreaded each week was knowing she was either going to be pouting, giving Malcolm the cold shoulder, or storming off to the storeroom and slamming the door. Very annoying.

Malcolm, I’ll miss.

I also hope they finally make Christopher MacDonald a regular cast member. Tommy Jefferson is this show’s Denny Crane.

Comment by Wayne – June 8, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole show is a big waste of time. I watched a couple of episodes, and frankly, I’m surprised it’s being renewed for a second season. But I never thought Kathy Bates was the problem, she’s good – I thought the very idea that her character had to share an office with a vapid, air-headed blonde sycophant with an overdone love for shoes was completely and utterly STUPID…maybe now that they’ve dropped the dead weight, I’ll come back…

Comment by Frankie – June 8, 2011 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post