TBS Plans Conan/Lopez Tonight Crossover

Get More: News

TBS is dishing out a double dose of Conan O’Brien and George Lopez in the form of an intra-late-night crossover.

O’Brien and Lopez will attempt a feat never before accomplished by two back-to-back late-night hosts this Thursday, June 9 (starting at 11/10c), when both funnymen are scheduled to guest on the other’s program, says our sister site Deadline.

The crossover means that overtime is in store for the hosts, who later this week will shoot their respective series’ – Conan and Lopez Tonight — per usual, then spend a few extra hours on the Warner Bros. lot to drop in on their companion program.

Will the mini-crossover get you to stick around for a double dose of TBS viewing?

Comments (20)

• Obviously George will gain everything Conan has to offer.

Comment by topoopon – June 7, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A feat never before accomplished? Colbert and Stewart did/do it a lot, and Conan even got involved in that at one point! Plus both Conan and Lopez Tonight are filmed at the same studio lot though granted not the same studio, but it isn’t exactly a huge commute. While interesting, methinks this is over-hyped. I kind of hope Conan himelf will point it out…

Comment by Peter – June 7, 2011 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YAWN~~~ Like anybody watches the washed up comedians from comedy central.

Conan is the best, Lopez will get a few extra ratings for the night. Good day..

Comment by James – June 7, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, washed up… which is why they get such good ratings in their timeslots and held a well-attended rally on the national mall, plus they’ve both met with sitting politicians up to and including the President.

Next time just say, “I don’t like them,” or, “I don’t care.”

Comment by Peter – June 7, 2011 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Neither Conan or Lopez are winning their ratings. While both started off strong, Conan has gone very soft, and Lopez is barely recognizable after his midnight debut. I love Conan and watch it regularly, but get your facts straight.

Comment by Jared – June 8, 2011 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • @Jared – Peter was talking about Stewart and Colbert, not Conan and Lopez when talking about ratings, because James was dissing comedy central.

Comment by Mike – June 8, 2011 06:34 AM PDT
        • They suck. You know it, I know it. They suck. Washed up comedians that nobody watches. LMAO.

Comment by James – June 8, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not only Colbert/Stewart, but Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno did it January 10, 2008. Here’s the press release:

ON JANUARY 10 (2008), RIVAL LATE-NIGHT HOSTS JAY LENO AND JIMMY KIMMEL ARE SCHEDULED TO HIT EACH OTHER’S COUCHES ON THE SAME NIGHT

BURBANK — January 7, 2008 — Has television’s vaunted “Late Night War” softened? On Thursday, January 10, NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” (Monday-Friday, 11:35 p.m. – 12:37 a.m. ET) will welcome rival late-night host Jimmy Kimmel to the famed couch in Burbank. In return — on the same night — Leno will make a trip across town to take a seat on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” (Monday – Friday, 12:05 a.m. – 1:05 a.m. ET on ABC) during its taping in Hollywood.

Comment by Bob – June 7, 2011 10:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Conan

Comment by Lollita – June 7, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the show. Conan is the late night entertainers out there. Better than the washed up comedians like Jon Stewart and Colbert. I don’t think Lopez is good enough, he should be changed.

Conan 4ever.

Comment by sam – June 7, 2011 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Next time just say, “I don’t like them,” or, “I don’t care.”

Comment by Peter – June 7, 2011 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Washed up? My goodness. I’m one of Conan’s biggest fans — seen his show live now 5 times (in all 3 incarnations) and even met the man — but he would be the first to admit that Stewart and Colbert are FAR from washed up. They’re both still at the absolute top of their games.

Throw in Ferguson and you’ll see that there’s PLENTY to love on late night television these days. Why choose only one?

Comment by metal2000 – June 8, 2011 02:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahah…if *I* say Stewart and Colbert are “washed up”, too, will Peter ‘copy and paste’ his response to me, as well?

…all joking aside, I like John & Steve just as much as I like Conan, I’m just being a smart-ass, sorry Pete :)

Team Coco.

Comment by Frankie – June 8, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      Next time just say, “I don’t like them,” or, “I don’t care.”

Comment by Peter – June 8, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, if an argument works more than once, why rewrite it?

Still, while I get you’re joking, I will none the less fire back with this: you put quotes around copy and paste? That’s exactly what I did! You’re not quoting some slang term you don’t understand, or do you lose sleep over not understanding these computer things? Smart-ass response is delivered.

Oh and the person who did copy and paste it wasn’t me, or was it?

Comment by Peter – June 8, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to wrap my tongue around Conan and swallow him.

Comment by Marie – June 8, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One reason to watch Lopez, other than that, nobody would bother watching him.

Conando!!

Comment by Peter – June 8, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are you guys discussing the homoerotic losers Colbert and Stewart?

Comment by LakerFan – June 8, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post