True Blood Sneak Peek: Watch The First Six Minutes of The Season 4 Premiere Now!

Last week, HBO unveiled the first three Sookie-centric minutes of True Blood‘s fourth season. But now the cabler has upped the ante by offering up the first six minutes of the opener — a whole 20 days before its official June 26 premiere!

Loading video...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. LAYLA says:

Already saw this. It’s old news. Come on Ausiello, catch up! I thought you were always the one getting the info hot off the press!

2. silly says:

couldn’t watch it on hbo because i’m not from the US so THANKS!!!!

3. Mairead says:

Holy….it went from Dollhouse to nightmare on elm street….

4. 4F says:

Ugh. It looks like Claudine really suffered in the translation between book and show. She’s supposed to be super tall and striking, not an extra from a late ’90s sitcom.

• SuperT says:

The way Claudine is described in the book, it would be pretty damn impossible to find an actress that is good to play her. They would have had to cast some random model who would have been an awful actress. Might as well cast actress that is at least pretty (since I think the actress that plays her is pretty) that can act.

• 4F says:

I’m not saying they would have been able to cast someone who is the exact description of her, but they could have done a lot better than THAT in trying to approximate the character as she is in the book. Oh well, I guess not everything is going to be perfect (especially since the show has not been a totally faithful adaptation in the first place).

• roadi says:

Tricia Helfer would do. Tall, stunning and she can act.

• Kat says:

For some reason, they can’t always make the characters perfectly resemble the ones from the book… Sometimes, it’s because the actor who fits the part in the looks department doesn’t fit it in any other way. (Just ask anyone who has read the Dresden Files series of books, and then watched the tv show they made, about what they did to Karin Murphy! Then you’ll know what I mean!)

• Mick says:

Yea I know they made her a spanish woman but the actress was probably the best fit for the character. Its better if they get the traits rather than the appearance.

• Darcy says:

Totally agree. She’s like the woman from “Touched by an Angel”

5. Cindy says:

OMG I cannot wait for the season to start!!

6. me says:

So excited for this. My summer guilty pleasure show. I love these sneak peaks. :)

7. TV Guy says:

I have to say that (and I’m a True Blood fanatic), the first four minutes of that were pretty terrible, overly fluffy and corny as hell (except for Sookie’s sass which I always love, and the shirtless hotties)… but I think that was the point. Once Sookie saw through the facade it got back to the True Blood I’m used to; everything going to hell in a handbasket. I’m pumped for the premiere.

• evs says:

agreed. I’ve had the same experience as you. Was dreading and even fast forwarding through the corny part and then boom. There might be something good here

8. Bobby says:

WOW!!! I can’t wait!!!

9. Cait says:

Does anyone else think that this looks like Charmed 2.0?

10. Wes says:

I absolutely hated last season and Sookie’s trips to Fairyland made me walk away. Going by that clip, I may have to give it one more chance.

Still hate how far they’ve gone from the books, which are still far superior in just about every way.

• Laurel says:

I liked the books HOWEVER they would NEVER of been “spicy” enough for an HBO Series.
      ALSO Lafayette would of DIED in Season 1 had they “stuck” to the books. And that would of been a shame he is hilarious.

There are a few aspects of the books I wish they would of left in but all in all I think it’s a good idea that they went in there on direction with the series so that no one really knows where the storyline is going.

Last Season was definitely the weakest so far.
      I am hoping that they step up there game this year.

• luscious twinkle says:

too right – it was PANTS! 1 and 2 were sooooo good! i’ll still be watching it for the sexies though….

11. Danielle H. says:

I’m keeping up the mystery by not watching until it’s on my TV set! True Blood is meant to be watched on a TV, alone, so that you can absorb it and bask in it ;)

12. Kel says:

Well…looks like they’re not exactly following the book but it still looks AMAZING! I can’t wait!

13. JHarnes says:

Wow – I can’t believe some of the comments above. It seems like there are some folks who never watch the shows they are so quick to comment about. Those sort of comments seem idiotic. If they don’t watch the show who cares what they think!

As for the new season – fantastic! The Unseelie Court deserves representation in this wonderful show! Our open Networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, are fast becoming a boring wasteland. But HBO, Showtime, Starz are developing wonderful programs. If the BBC can put out Doctor Who, Torchwood, the new Sherlock series, with such limited budgets, Why are the main USA Networks such a wasteland?

• Danielle H. says:

I agree with you on both fronts here. I unfortunately had to turn off my movie channels and can only afford to turn on HBO when it’s True Blood time (and even that hurts to justify at 14.99$ a month for the 12 weeks it is on); therefore I hate that I’m missing out on some of the only good shows left on TV on channels like Showtime. Network needs to really step it up; here’s to hoping this Fall brings some good shows!

14. Layla says:

Um no, another website produced this FIRST. That’s where I saw it. I was hoping for a NEW scoop. That’s why I said I already saw this. I saw it somewhere else first.

• heyitsme says:

Want a cookie? So you saw it some where else, we are soo happy for you – and you had relay that to us not once but twice. We got it, you aren’t happy – we got that too. May we carry on now?

15. Jenn says:

I’m really not liking the fact that they’ve brought in the fairies (i.e. Dead And Gone) this early in the show. I know the show won’t ever last that many seasons, but I really hope they don’t try to hurry things along THAT much.

16. Darcy says:

Ok, the first part was very much like an episode of Star Trek: TNG. I think Maob (like Queen Maob) is like Brendan (Bren-dawn) from the Sookie Stackhouse book 10, Dead and Gone. Pretty cheesy, but wicked witch was cool.

17. Ali says:

So much bull
    this stuff never happened in the books, the books are so much better!

18. michelle uney says:

i so cant waite for this episode to start its the best show i have ever seen……..

19. TWO-FEATHERS says:

You made my day today…Discovering that in a mere 19 days my absolute favorite show,TB, will be starting it’s 4th season, finally! For those who know me, all business has to be over and done with because at 9:00p I will be preoccupied with the 1st episode!

20. Leslie says:

If they keep showing sneak peeks, soon we will have seen the whole episode!

21. Nick says: