Jersey Shore's Italy-Set Fourth Season Set to Bow on August 4, Season 5 Gets Green Light

MTV has announced that the fourth season of Jersey Shore — currently wreaking havoc filming in Florence, Italy — will premiere on Thursday, Aug. 4 at 10/9c.

The network also gave an official green light to a fifth season, which is scheduled to start shooting in Seaside Heights later this month.

Bottom line: Jersey Shore is going to be around forever.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Scheduling News

1. dave says:

Class Action Lawsuit.

The People vs. MTV

The dumbing down of America is in full effect. These people bring us shows glorifying teenage trash getting pregnant and a group of mental midgets who offer absolutely nothing to society.

I am generally not a preachy douche – and know thats what I am being – but seriously concerned about our country going forward. Its getting downright scary.

2. Adam says:

Have no respect for anyone who watches this show, its viewers obviously have no lives and common sense to think these people deserve any time on screen.

• NickC says:

Ha ..i Love this show for what it is …Mindless FUN..you all need to get that stick out of your bum.Some Tv is Mad Men(love it)and others are Rock of Love(miss it).If you get over yourself you might enjoy it…or im sure PBS has something on.

• Sean says:

EXACTLY! I watch this show because I think it’s effing hilarious, watching these people make absolute asses out of themselves on TV, not because I think it is quality television in the least. And, come on, who in there 20s (I’m 23) doesn’t wish they could be famous by just being a drunk asshole on TV?

• Mare says:

Hey now. I like PBS. Without it I wouldn’t have seen Sherlock or Downton Abbey this year, both of which were fantastic.

• Peter says:

As oppose to someone who’s life is so full they have the time to care enough to call out people on a website who are entertained by a show. Amazingly mature.

3. Giulia says:

Ok, let me say it… I’m italian, really italian, born, raised and living in Italy: theese… “things”, they’re anything but representing italian people… They’re an insult to italian people: ok we do have a population of teenagers (mostly) all disco and no brain, that we call use to call “truzzi” or “tamarri”, but if we compare them to theese Jersey Shore people, our truzzi appear as the most smart, polite, elegant people in the world… And nobody whears those crucifix!!!
    PS: everything I know about theese guys, I learned it from Bones’ Jersey Shore inspired episode…

• chiara says:

i agree GIULIA! they are AMERICAN…not italian… they’re funny…but NOT italian…

• Lois says:

Not all of them are even Americans of Italian descent. Snooki is Chilean, and J-Woww is Spanish and Irish. Ronnie is also not Italian-American.

4. Kate says:

Dear Haters – Unclench, take a bong hit and chill out for an evening. Take some time out from your busy “I am smarter than everyone” lives and de-stress a bit. MTV is not Castro. Snooki is not a Senior Staff member in the White House. I would hope that people as “evolved” as you would understand that they aren’t responsible for your issues with society? Jersey Shore is a show about being young and having fun with your friends and being absolutely hilarious. I’m sorry if you didn’t get to experience this in your early 20’s. Get off the TV blogs and go hand out pamphlets in Times Square if you want to change society. Tip: if you want people to listen to you, don’t call them stupid.

• Dave says:

Kate- how often are you around teenagers? You don’t think the garbage MTV produces has an influence? I totally get mindless entertainment. I have more than likely partied harder than 99% of the people who waste their time posting on articles like this. Although I am being a 37 year old douche. But America has a serious problem and the longer it goes unattended and ingnored, the worse its going to get. There are many people who think a skanks like Jwoww or Snooki are “cool” and want to emulate them. Don’t get me started on 16 and pregnant. You realize there are girls out there who think its “cool” to get get pregnant b/c of this show?

If people are going to sue McDonalds for Ronald McDonald and obesity – lets go all the way and stop sensationalizing mental midgets.

• Sonja says:

Do you realize that all of this went on before Jersey Shore and will continue long after. Kids will be kids. Its a simple fact that they’re going to make mistakes and thats all a part of growing up. People may get the wrong impression from 16 and pregnant and Jersey Shore but cancelling it wont change anything just teach your kids right and wrong and they will be fine.

• Dave says:

Kids will be kids. As I said, I partied harder than anyone in HS, College and into my 20s. But I also went to UCLA and got a great education. This generation is growing up where mental midgets and skanks who have no discernible skills are being glorified and sensationalized. Kids are striving to be drunk retards in hopes to get attention for it. Think of it this way. The ONLY reason the Jersey Shore got a second season was b/c some thug punched that waste of space in the face. How pathetic is that?

5. John says:

I hate people who judge people on what shows they watch, just because they watch “high quality” shows like Chuck (which is awful) and The Good Wife (which is brilliant). I watch TGW and Jersey Shore. Jersey Shore is amazing. It’s funny and entertaining, and it leaves me wanting more at the end of each episode. It’s an hours escapism for the real world. Get over yourselves.

6. Mr. Furley says:

“It’s an hours escapism for the real world. Get over yourselves.”
    GOT English? ;-)
    (thanks for proving a point):-D

7. Sasha says:

what are you, a grammar teacher?

• Mr. Furley says:

No, but it seems obvious Goddess Snooki is to many… :(
      I just feel bad for anyone who has a daughter idolizing that disaster (or any of the rest of the train wreck crew.)

8. Brett Vinneti says:

Volcfom- That is totally not true. I have been to new jersey before “Jeresey Shore” was even around and it was completely DISGUSTING. you walk down the beach just finding Garbage, Old Needles, Rubbers. I mean lets be serious who would want to take there family and kids to a beach like that any ways. The show did not give N.J a bad name, but the lazy ass dirty people living there did. Pick up after your selves and get your act together and no one would even think that so do not hate Jeresey Shore thinkng it gave your state a reputation when you can blame no one but New Jersey citizen. And I am an italian living in America.

9. Lois says:

A lot of the people on that show aren’t even from New Jersey. They just picked the stupidest people they could find and sent them to NJ.

10. Volcfom says:

See, this is the exact reason I hate this show. Would it kill them to show what the people who actually lived there were like? Let alone, only one of the JS crew is actually Italian!
    People like me – Italians who grew up living at/near those beaches – are disgusted with this show. It perpetuates the false stereotypes that everyone thinks about NJ. Visit after Labor Day when all the trash goes back home and you can see the real NJ.

Very few people even know that we have mountains, farmland, and massive forests (we are the Garden State, you know) to go along with our beaches. If you traveled to one of the local beaches even just a mile north of Sleaside, it is a completely different atmosphere.
    Every time I’m introduced to someone new and they ask, “Oh, where are you from?”, I have to spend five minutes explaining away the atrocity that this show has causes in people’s perceptions.

11. Rain says:

Sounds good to me, don’t fly over us or come visit us. People like you aren’t welcome in my beautiful state of NJ!