Exclusive

Exclusive: House Boss On Finale Fallout: House Wasn't Trying To Kill Cuddy

House may be a lunatic but he is not a murderer. That’s House creator David Shore’s story and he’s sticking to it.

Nearly two weeks after Hugh Laurie’s demented doc crashed his car into Cuddy’s living room in the show’s polarizing season finale, Shore maintains that House was not out for blood — but he realizes some viewers were left with that impression.

House Season 8 Preview: What Will Life Without Cuddy Look Like?

“I’m aware of that reaction [and], though it’s not universal, it’s something we have to think about,” Shore told TVLine following Thursday’s WGA Foundation event, Inside the Writers Room With House. “It wasn’t intended. He was clearly doing something crazy and visceral, but he wasn’t trying to kill. If you watch the episode closely enough, [Cuddy and Co.] are leaving the room before he drives into that room. He sees that.

“Second of all,” Shore continues, “when he leaves, he says [to Wilson], ‘You’re right. I do feel better.’ And he does feel better, which to me means he got what he wanted out of that. He did intend to lash out. He did intend to hurt her, but not physically. He got what he wanted, which was to strike a blow against her world. Certainly, it was crazy and irresponsible and dangerous, but it wasn’t an attempt to murder her.”

Thoughts? Which side of this debate do you fall on? And has your opinion changed in the two weeks since the finale aired? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Controversy, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Tracy Murray says:

I had assumed already that House’s act of destruction did not include killing Cuddy and the people inside the house , but I did thought what Shore and company did was way too OCC for the character , in my mind , House would never exact revenge on his ex like that , whether somebody got mortally wounded or not , maybe a huge verbal lash and then turn around and walk out , Cuddy ‘s home still intact . With Lisa Edelstein gone , I doubt we will see House in court , let alone in prison , unless TPTB decides to set the eighth season 5-10years in the future or something terrible happens to our Lisa that she needs her former boyfriend to help , but when he comes back to town , it is too late to save her .

• J. Norman says:

I have thought that the only way for Shore to come out of this debacle with any type of dignity would be to have House being released from prison after . .. let’s say 3 years or so.
      That is, unless he (Shore thinks its a good story plot to have House as a prison doctor (on 3 year court ordered service)

If Shore panics and tries to explain everything as a Vicodan induced dream / hallucination. well, he’s lost me and this was once my favorite show.

2. Melinda says:

They’ve destroyed the show. Period. The finale was horrible, no matter how you interpret House’s intent behind his actions. What an ugly, violent way to destroy the relationship between two great characters. I learned to love Greg House through Cuddy and Wilson, and now I hate House. I’ve watched for years, but now I’m done with it. I’m completely shocked that they’d take this path with such a popular show and talented actors. Cuddy would be an idiot to forgive House now.

3. wtfisthisshow says:

I can’t wait for season 8. I stopped watching when they hooked up House and Cuddy (love both characters, just not as a pairing – I would have liked to see Cuddy with Wilson or to stay with Lucas, and I don’t see House with anyone) at the end of season 6, and started watching again at Bombshells. I thought the finale was clear in House’s intentions, but it goes to show that many people interpret things in many different ways. I’m going to miss Lisa E, and I hope it doesn’t turn into the Thirteen show again. But I am intrigued at how House is going to get out of this one.

4. Nancy says:

“MOVING ON”; A DVD Extra Commentary

House makes his way back to the car after seeing Cuddy having a nice time with a strange man, her sister and her sister’s husband. He fingers the hairbrush as he climbs in.
    Wilson: What just happened?
    House; Get out.
    Wilson: What just happened?
    House: Get out.
    Wilson: House, what are you mad about? Just let it out. You’ll feel better.
    Wilson gets out of the car.

David Shore (DS): That damn Wilson character annoys me with his constant caring and concern.
    Greg Yaitanes (GY): Yeah well, can’t have a tough brooding anti-hero without a goofy sidekick. Besides, Leonard fills up screen time.
    DS: Who?
    GY: Never mind.
    DS: I think he should have kept Wilson in the car.
    GY: But then he would have risked killing him.
    DS: No one is going to get hurt. Just because it is a 1972 Dodge with no airbags doesn’t mean anyone is at risk.

House drives down the street and begins to turn the car around

DS: Whatever happened to House’s Corvette?
    GY: Volger made him give it away.
    DS: But House never listened to Volger.
    GY: Want me to bring it back in Season 8? He could have it on the island.
    DS: How will we explain it’s sudden reappearance?
    GY: We have to explain things?

House begins to pick up speed

GY: Awesome!! We’re coming to my favorite part. He’s gonna do it!!
    DS: Of course he’s going to do it. He’s under contract.
    GY: Too bad Lisa didn’t renew.
    DS: Who?
    GY: You know, the chick with boobs.
    DS: The model?
    GY: Nah, the older one. The one in the house.
    DS: Whatever, that was a Katie Jacobs’ thing, not my vision. We don’t really need any women on this show. Well, maybe one, but that always could be a hooker. Our female fans always enjoy women presented as nothing more than sexual fantasies.
    GY: Or one night stands for Chase and Taub,
    DS: I know, cool, huh?

House spins the car to the left onto the driveway and then the lawn, going at top speed. Wilson jumps out of the way.

DS: Now watch as our speeding hero instantly figures out the trajectory of the car, the layout of the house to be certain there are no support beams he might hit, positions the car to crash in a way that hurts neither himself nor anyone in the house and…assures that the car won’t explode.
    GY: And he does this all while high on a month’s supply of Vicodin, consumed with rage, and while speeding as fast as he can go!
    DS: That’s why we call him a genius!
    GY: How does he know that Rachel isn’t in the house? Or one of Julie’s little kids?
    DS: Who’s Julie?
    GY: Cuddy’s sister.
    DS: I thought she was named Lucinda.
    GY: I thought so too but the fans wrote to us to tell us no.
    DS: We still have fans? I thought we got rid of those this season?
    GY: I’m working on it, I’m working on it. These things take time, you know.
    DS: Don’t be so sensitive, Greg. Anyway, I don’t know about any kids of Lucinda, er, Julie, but Rachel is at Arlene’s house.
    GY: Yeah, but how did House know that?
    DS: Cuddy mentioned it in one of the sneak peaks. That’s how he knew.
    GY: House watches his own sneak peaks?
    DS: Shut up and watch the crash.

Crash! Right into the dining room. The table is destroyed, a light falls from the ceiling. Car door opens with a concerted push.

GY: Kaboom!!!!!
    DS: And look, he’s not even wearing a seat belt. And yet he doesn’t have so much as a scratch.
    GY: Not to mention he checked himself out of the ICU that morning.
    DS. I know. Is he is a cool super hero or what? Er, I mean anti hero.
    GY: I guess you were right, House knew exactly what he was doing. No one was hurt.
    DS: Exactly. House isn’t a killer you know. He is just a boyfriend that is a bit upset. He needed to make Cuddy understand how he feels.
    GY: Yeah, it is not like he could have talked to her like she wanted him to.
    DS: Of course not, he is all about action, not words.
    GY: Right. He had to show her that it isn’t acceptable for her to carry on with her life and the life of her child when House is out there having to find comfort in the arms of multiple hookers and a green-card wife.
    DS: Exactly my point.

House climbs around the car, and over glass and debris, to hand back Cuddy’s hairbrush.

DS: See, he is willing to do whatever it takes to return Cuddy’s hairbrush. He is a man of principle! There is a code he lives by, even if society doesn’t always approve.
    GY: Yeah, he is great guy. Especially the way he risks getting all cut up again after having done self surgery just last week. I wish I could be like him.
    DS: Feel free to live vicariously through House. I do.
    GY: Is the hairbrush symbolic of something?
    DS: Nah, I was hoping that House could spank Cuddy with it when he returned it, but the actress wouldn’t agree. She said she had enough of acting out my, er, I mean House’s, sexual fantasies.
    GY: I am sure our female fans will be bummed.

House hands the brush to Cuddy. Oddly, not one of the four people in the house attack him. He walks out and over to a goldfish faced Wilson.
    House to Wilson: You were right, I feel much better.

DS: See, this was my vision all along.
    GY: That House was a murderer?
    DS; Possibly. But what I meant was that House is meant to be a lone hero, fighting for his liberation.
    GY: Right. Liberation from Wilson and Cuddy – the ones who have been holding him back.
    DS: What have they ever really done for him?
    GY: Besides hire him when no one else would, protect his job from the board, give him a department of his own, be his friend, confidant, and conscience, take him to monster truck rallies, allow him to screw with their personal lives and ruin every other relationship they ever managed to have, allow him to try to prevent one of them from becoming a parent, lying for him to the police, lying for him on the stand under oath, allow him to live with them, help him to get into a mental health facility, hire him back even without a license and hold his job for him, care about him, worry about him and love him despite all his problems?
    DS: Exactly my point, they did nothing for him.

House limps off down the street, all the way to either Hawaii, the Gulf Coast of lower Florida, Puerto Rico, Mexico or Southern California. Or possibly just the airport. Most likely though he heads into a black hole that transports him somewhere where it is still daytime despite the flight time and the movement of the sun.

DS: Well, finally House is free.
    GY: No job, no home, no money, no friends and no family. Now that’s freedom for you!
    DS: God I love this show.
    GY: Me too. We are the bomb. Kaboom!

5. Name Irrelevant says:

It’s really sick that some people are trying to justify what was clearly a case of domestic abuse simply because they like dislike Cuddy.

6. Nada says:

My question now : how can House still practice as a doctor after this car crash?
    I know it’s a tv show but it’s unrealistic to let him practice again in an hospital or somewhere else, he’s a drug addict (he’s swallowing vicodin much more than before) and now seems to be violent. He scares me, really…

• E says:

House will replace Hank Lawson in Royal Pains curing patients in Hamptons or wherever he is now. Or that show was cancelled? Whatevs.

• maggie d says:

I’m sure that in the real world House would lose his medical license in New Jersey. And if he loses it in one state it’s unlikely he could get licensed in any state.

7. Nada says:

I hope we’ll have more coherence in season 8 that we didn’t have in season 7.
    Season 6 was much better written, I didn’t recognize any characters in season 7, the worst of this show, don’t know if it’s because they don’t know how to write romances but let’s admit that huddy was dumb.
    So please writers, stop with romances, don’t start something between 13 and Chase, let them being friends or colleagues, they’re great as they are now.

• Claudia says:

Yup. I’m a fan of the pairing, but I’ll admit, the way they wrote it this season was just lousy. The characters were unrecognizable and what I truly feel could have been an amazing storyline was just lame and shallow and boring. And indeed the was absolutely no coherence this season. One writer would write something, and then the next would write something that completely contradicted that. Add to that the sloppyness in details and it’s just been one gigantic mess. Very disappointing.

• Nada says:

The worst is Cuddy, I can understand why Lisa Edelstein leaved, her character has nothing to do anymore in this show, I’m surprised that writers and producers are surprised of Lisa’s Edelstein departure, after this finale, Huddy = game over and Cuddy too.
        It won’t be difficult to explain her leaving so I think they all knew that this actress wanted to leave, it’s obvious.
        You’re right about season 7, I’m also disappointing, very disappointing, but not only because of huddy. Where were Wilson, Foreman (who cared for House in the finale of season 6)? and no funny clinic duties…
        No storylines for Chase although I think Jesse Spencer is really a good actor, I don’t want to speak about Taub, this character is boring.

8. Kendra says:

I wouldn’t say my opinion has changed since the finale except to become even more clarified. What House did was inexcusble, disgusting and reprehensible. I have seen from the mass reaction after the finale that I am definitely not alone in this. They turned me off of the character completely. What’s worse, even if I would give the show another chance, I know I can’t because look at all the interviews that have come out post-finale. All of them are attempts to justify what House did and defend it and try to explain it to everyone. Not one time have they owned that it was just a screw up, which it obviously is. So they’re making up stories for the next season now with that mindset-that House was just purging and we should all just go along with it. Because of this attitude that means there’s no way they will do justice to this story. They feel there’s nothing wrong, so why fix it? Too bad so many people disagree with them. Oh well, it’s their show and they can do whatever they want and no one can stop them. I could care less because I don’t have to watch it and won’t. *shrug*

9. Ann says:

Stick to Season 1,2 & 3 formula. Focus more on medical/POTW and less personal lives of the doctors.

• sadtroll says:

Maybe they should just replace House with a robot? You know, have Wilson come in a read printouts of diagnoses, have a bunch of robot interns print out, for Chase to read, counter diagnoses or suggest (as read by Foreman) lupus or saroidosis.

10. kate gilmore says:

I didn’t notice that anyone thought that the gas peddle might have been stuck and the car wouldn’t stop. Anyone anyone.

11. JW says:

Bottom line, Shore, is that if the audience needs to read an interview to understand your character’s intentions, then you seriously missed a step somewhere in the storytelling.

12. Jerri says:

I am so done with House.

13. Carol says:

David Shore needs to man up and acknowledge the grave mistake he and his writers have committed. No one thinks House INTENDED to kill Cuddy. Arguing from that false premise just makes Shore look dumb. What most intelligent fans are saying is that through his careless and out of character acts, House COULD have seriously harmed Cuddy or her family. In fact, by destroying Cuddy’s house and the only home Rachel has ever known, House did do grievous psychological damage to people he loves. This is domestic violence.

Shore needs to accept responsibility for this mess. He should apologize to the fans, to Lisa Edelstein and Hugh Laurie for wrecking the show they have worked so hard to create. With this preposterous and thoughtless stunt, Shore completely undermined the dignity and intelligence of what was once the best drama on TV.

14. Kath G says:

David Shore does not have to apologize to anybody. This is HIS creation, who the hell do we think we are!! If anything the fans need to apologize to them for the threats of bodily harm, and death that has been sent over twitter and other sites to producers, writers and actors. People need to calm the heck down and get a grip, we are behaving almost as bad as House! Its a TV show NOT REAL LIFE. I have also been watching this show since S1 E1 not missed any of them. I will keep watching till the end, weather it be S8 or not. This is a amazing group of talented writers, producers and actors that have entertained me for the last 7 years. I am not walking away from them because of one episode, we dont know yet how the S8 premier is going to play out, do we!

• Nedlinger says:

You’re right, he doesn’t have to. Neither side is blameless. I could list a long list of issues both sides have to make things in the state they are in now. Under no circumstances should anyone ever threaten bodily harm to anyone else. That is insane. But how many people have done that? The overwhelming majority of people who are unhappy don’t do those sorts of things. You can’t lump all the fans who are unhappy in with a small group of fans who are crazy like that. They are not representative of the majority and it makes them easier to dismiss.

I’m glad you’ve watched since the first episode. Lots of fans have. But everyone has their limits. When TPTB leave you with a horrible lead character who is suddenly revealed to be a completely unsympathetic man who is borderline psychopathic, insist on making the show so dark, unlike it was in the first four seasons, which had a nice balance of both, change things you love about the show, deliberately destroy something like Huddy, something that was a big draw for the show-like the fans who like that don’t matter, get rid of characters people love and focus on ones they love but the audience doesn’t really, that means they are writing only for themselves. You can’t do that unless your tastes run the same as your audience if you want to keep them. You have to give them things too, not methodically take away everything they like and expect them to watch anyway even though they have nothing left of the show they like. Now for a part of their audience it feels like there’s nothing left for them. That was TPTB’s choice. And now they are choosing not to listen again. Their audience keeps getting smaller and smaller. It can’t all be the fan’s fault.

• Carol says:

I agree that Shore doesn’t have to apologize to all the fans of “House.”. There is a small faction which appreciates the juvenile antics of the second half of season seven: those people loved House’s lewd conversations with school children, the hooker-fest, the vicodin orgy, the misogynist green-card bride storyline, the balcony jumping, the monster truck ddx, the preposterous rat drug that induced rumors in only one muscle, the self-surgery, the car assault. For those fans of the Big Kaboom school of TV production, Shore does not owe any apology.

However, the vast majority of the audience would prefer to be treated like the adults we are. What Shore delivered this season was insulting to our intelligence. I have watched “House” since the premiere and not missed an episode. The finale this season was a sour, shallow, and undeserved insult to us loyal fans.

• Vast Majority of the Audience says:

Uh, you don’t speak for us so please shut up. We don’t have one simple opinion. We don’t demand apologies. The only power we have is to watch or not watch.

• Claudia says:

No, he doesn’t have to apologize. He does, however, need to be willing to face the consequences of what he creates. And if he wants to keep his viewers, he’s going to have to create something people actually want to see and not something that repulses them so much they never want to watch the show again. If he doesn’t care at all what his viewers want, that’s fine too, that’s his choice, but then he shouldn’t be surprised when so many people turn their backs on the show. He can’t expect them to keep watching something they’re not enjoying at all.

15. enfadada says:

Creo que Shore debe pedir perdón a las mujeres maltratadas, no por el final de 7×23 sino por su posterior explicación.
    No aprecio el trato a sus espectadores más fieles, aquellos que conocen quienes son House, Cuddy y Wilson. El creo la serie pero una vez es visionada conocemos a los personajes y no puede transformarlos en alguien diferente a quienes son.
    Tampoco respeto la ingratitud; la serie se hace con actores que transforman a un personaje literario en alguien de carne y hueso son creadores y parte de tú éxito. Si no puedes dignarte en tener unas palabras de reconocimiento a su trabajo entonces eso dice quienes son como grupo y personas.
    Salvo que House se encuentre en coma desde su inmersión en la piscina y la temporad 8 se trate de hacerle madurar creo que DS ha destruido su propia obra.

• nana says:

Eu quero saber, quem é que vai ser o chefe do House, agora que a Cuddy se foi? Com certeza, tem que ser um ator beeeeeem baratinho,bem chinfrim, pois a FOX quer economizar. Então terá que ser um novato ou um em final de carreira.
      DAVID SHORE, O QUE FOI AQUELA PORCARIA QUE VOCE ESCREVEU? O EPISODIO 7X23 FOI O PIOR DE TODAS AS TEMPORADAS.
      HOUSE MD ESTÁ NAUFRAGANDO, ATÉ A LISA JÁ FUGIU.

16. Paula says:

And Shore thinks the bad reaction to his f* up was not universal? LMAO I hope he (or some of his minions) read some of the comments on this site! The first step to get House back at what it once was (a great show) is DS being less delusional and acknowledge his mistakes.

• Serena (italian fan) says:

”some of the comments on this site!”
      lol, some FAKE comments on this site, there are few huddies on the fandom but they post 10000 comments with Multiple-FAKE nickname!
      Everyone knows it, even Ausiello, IP don’t lie.
      So, all haters commment don’t count.
      Real fans loves house md.

• Rose says:

I really don’t see a lot of “Huddies” commenting on this story. Most people seem to be discussing House driving his car into Cuddy’s house, not “Huddy”.
        The reason why people are upset is that they are “real fans” and are upset that their beloved character has been ruined by bad writing. If they weren’t fans they wouldn’t care.

• Sierra says:

Serena, how do you know how many Huddies there are? Take a personal count, did you? Your presumptuous statements make you look quite foolish. There are only a few Huddies? Really? What data are you basing that on? Show me the poll numbers you’re basing this on. Don’t have any? That’s what I thought. I would go on with the ridiculous assumptions in your post but I think it speaks for itself. ;)

• Paula says:

So you think everyone who hated the finale must be a huddy? Even the critics? You might be right about Huddies feeling the blow harder but from what I gathered (in different sites with diferent types of fans and different countries) the general consensus is that Shore screwed up.
          Also, don’t you think it’s a bit presumptuous to dismiss other people’s opinions just because apparently YOU liked the finale?
          Anyway, this whole thing is useless. Only next season’s ratings will show how badly (and if) TPTB screwed up.

17. Nina says:

A selfish, cold, unrepentant, abusive man, that’s what they made him into in the finale. I can’t sympathize or care for him anymore. He cares enough about himself to the exclusion of all else. How could they have him do that to Cuddy?

18. Cassie says:

The only way I can see House practicing at PPTH next season is if Cuddy drops all charges against him. Does anyone think she would do that?

• Rose says:

I don’t know if she could drop the charges. I don’t know about NJ, but many states proceed with charges involving domestic violence even if the victim wants to drop them. Plus there were other people in the house who could possibly file charges against House. Even if she can drop the charges House could still lose his medical license because of his actions.

19. Hayley says:

This was an inexcusable act and over the line – first the crash and then the beach after. There’s no way out of it if it was real. And Shore said it was. House is washed up.

20. Serena (italian fan) says:

I’m italian and don’t speak english but..my comment is:
    Huddies-hardcore are twenty but post thousand comments with thousand fake nickname. I’m so tired, stop cheat us. You don’t like House md? You are bitter? Ok, stop watch the show, stop invade all place with fake comments, fake pool and fake nickname, thanks.
    Cuddy is done and Huddy is dead, so good-bye!
    Get a life.

Thank you Mr Shore for your infinite patience and for your great shpw! House md is the best show on TV! Good job, I’m so excited about season 8! :)

• Claudia says:

How do you know there’s people using fake nicknames? Are you psychic? Omniscient? Or are you just assuming that’s what’s going on because you don’t like people having an opinion different from yours?
      If you say something like that, back it up with evidence. If you don’t have that evidence (as clearly you don’t), then don’t say it. Or at least have the decency to use some nuance and say “I get the feeling that……” instead of presenting it as absolute fact. This just makes you look childish and vindictive.

21. Master_K says:

So I guess instead of “Jumping the shark” the new term is “driving into the house”

22. claudia says:

Até agora não entendi o que deu na cabeça de David Shore, de destruir House md. Assisto a série desde o início, são quase sete anos, e sempre gostei da dinâmica House/Cuddy, adorava a pegação dos dois, as cantadas escrotas que ele dava. E todo mundo sabia, que mais cedo ou mais tarde, os dois iam ficar juntos. Quando acontece, não durou nem uma temporada. Para mim a temporada 7, terminou em 7×15. Só assisti o episódio 7×23, porque queria ver no que ia dar aquela porcariada toda.E como já esperava, foi simplesmente decepcionante. O House, além de drogado e retardado, agora está virando um psicopata. Lamentável.
    David Shore, você não precisa justificar aquilo que escreveu. Você escreve o que quises. Só, que não espere que eu vá compactuar com esse lixo. Da minha parte, desisti. Não estou nem um pouco interessada em ver a continuação dessa porcaria toda. Até porque, até a Lisa vocês mandaram embora. Nem um fim digno deram para o personagem, que era escada para os melhores momentos de House. Não acredito que a FOX QUERIA CONTER GASTOS. O que queriam era mandar a Lisa embora. Agora, só ficou aquela sem talento e sem graça da Olivia Wilde.Só tem beleza e nada mais. Há pouco tempo, quando destruiu Huddy, o David Shore, disse que não estava nem aí para os fãs Huddy, pois esses eram minoria. Pois é, depois do rompimento, a audiência caiu episódio após episódio. Você escreve o que quer, e nós público, assistimos o que queremos. Para mim a temporada 7 foi o fim de linha para House md.

23. marta lucia says:

Desculpe-me o fato de não escrever em inglês. Sou brasileira, portanto meu idioma é o português.
    Estou indignada, com o rumo que o David Shore deu para House md. Realmente, ele deu uma lição de como destruiur uma série de sucesso mundial em 8 episódios. Não bastava ter destruído Huddy? Teve também que transformar o House em um homicida? David Shore, aquele lixo do 7×23 é que era a grande mudança, o grande final, que você tanto apregoava? Só pode estar de brincadiera né?
    Depois dessa porcaria toda, também, perdi o interesse pela série. Amava Huddy e sofri muito com a separação deles. Mas, o que não dá para aceitar é um médico que além de drogada é também violento. Aquela cena de violência doméstica, foi simplesmente desnecessária. Quantos imbecis pelo mundo, não matam em nome do amor. O público não merecia ver aquilo.Estou indignada. Até a Lisa Edeltein, vocês jogaram fora. Que falta de respeito. Ela, que sempre promoveu tão bem a série, com sua beleza, sensualidade, carisma e TALENTO. Nem um final digno a Cuddy teve. Portanto, David Shore, não precisa se explicar. Nós entendemos tudo direitinho. Você quer todo mundo infeliz. Então, fique você com toda essa infelicidade e violência. Porque eu não quero mais ver isso. Pensando melhor, ainda bem que a Lisa não renovou o contrato, pois se ela continuasse, você iria avacalhar ainda mais com ela e com a Cuddy. E a Lisa não merece isso. Quem tem que sofrer é você e o GY. ( sou brasileira e estou indignada com o que fizeram com a minha ex-série favorita)

24. Jocelyn says:

I loved the character of House for 7 years; he was one of the most interesting characters on tv. Even when he did things that were mean, disrepectful and even illegal, I always gave him a pass because I thought the character was supposed to be a decent man at his core. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to reconcile House’s violent behavior in the finale with my previous understanding of his character. The sad thing for me is I can’t even watch reruns of House now….even the early season episodes are tarnished in some way. I hope this feeling passes because House really was an excellent show for quite a few years and I’d like to be able to enjoy watching it again – at least the older episodes.

25. ana says:

NÃO VOU MAIS ASSISTIR ESSA PORCARIA SEM A LISA EDELSTEIN ESSE FINAL FOI ARMADO PARA ANIQUILAR A SUA PERSONAGEM,LISA ESTÁ DESDE A 1[TEMP ELA DEVERIA ACABAR COM A SÉRIE,ALGO A MAGOOU ISSO É CLARO,A SÉRIE É HOUSE MD,MAS CUDDY E WILSOM FAZEM PARTE DA DINAMICA ,LISA TBM FOI GDE PARTE DO SHOW ELA DANÇOU,FEZ STRIP,CANTOU,CHOROU,AMOU,FOIMÃE,NÃO EXISTE ALICIA FLORRICK SEM WILL OU PETER ESSA É MINHA VISÃO DE HOUSE EU COMO MULHER ME IDENTIFICAVA MUITO COM A CUDDY,NÃo tenho mais vontade de assistir a série sem ela,LISA EDELSTEIN VOÇ~e é a musa do HOUSE!!!!SEM VC O SHOW NÃO SERÁ O MESMO,VOLTE,AMAMOS VC DO BRASIL!!!!

26. ANACLAUDIA says:

DAVID SHORE VC PODE FAZER SUCESSO MAS VC É UM HOMEM PODRE,DESTRUTIVO DESTRUI TUDO ,NÃO HÁ AMOR NÃO HÁ ESPERANÇA PARA VC,DEIXOU LISA EDESTEIN IR EMBORA,ESSE CAPÍTULO FOI ARMADO PARA A SAÍDA DELA OU VC ACHA Q A GENTE É IDIOTA? LISA AONDE VC ESTEJA ESTAMOS COM VC O SHOW É HOUSE M.D.,MAS LISA COM SUA CUDDY É PARTE DO SHOW,ELA ERA A MELHOR ESPERANÇA PARA HOUSE,PARA MIM ACABOU FIQUEI TRISTE COM O FIM HUDDY E MAIS AINDA COM A SAÍDA DA LISA…NO CUDDY=NO HOUSE BYE!!!!

27. fabiana romano says:

ESTOU INDIGNADA COM A DESTRUIÇÃO DE HOUSE MD.PERDEU TODA A SUA ESSENCIA. JÁ ERA. NÃO DEVERIA NEM TER A 8ª TEMPORADA. O QUE TEMOS AGORA, É UM HOUSE CASADO COM UMA PROSTITUTA, CADA VEZ MAIS DROGADO, IRRESPONSÁVEL, SEM GRAÇA, VIOLENTO E SEM AMOR, POIS ELE CONSEGUIU AFASTAR TODO MUNDO QUE GOSTAVA DELE. EMBORA A SÉRIE NÃO SEJA UM ROMANCE, HUDDY SEMPRE RENDENDEU ÓTIMOS MOMENTOS. ERAM EXTREMAMENTE DIVERTIDAS AS IMPLICÂNCIAS ENTRE OS DOIS PERSONAGENS. AGORA, TUDO SE PERDEU. O QUE SOBROU? SÓ OS CASOS MÉDICOS.DEPOIS DO EPISÓDIO 7X23, O HOUSE DEVERIA IR PARA A CADEIA.

28. DALELI says:

Depois desse lixo todo, eu quero que o David Shore, o Greg Yatanes e FOX se FERREM. VOCÊS CONSEGUIRAM DESTRUIUR HOUSE MD.
    NO CUDDY = NO HOUSE

29. PAQUITO says:

EU QUERO A CUDDY DE VOLTA. DAVID SHORE VOCÊ É UM IDIOTA.

30. marcos says:

David Shore, não precisa se explicar. Você escreveu o que quis. E o público decide se vai assistir. A minha decisão já está tomada. Não assisto mais a história desse babaca drogado, ainda mais agora, que sei que a gostosa da Lisa não vai estar lá.

31. maurício says:

DAVID SHORE, COMO VOCÊ TEVE A CORAGEM DE DESTRUIR A MUSA DO HOUSE? COMO VOU PODER ASSISTIR A S8, SE A BELA LISA NÃO VAI ESTAR MAIS LÁ? SEM CONTAR QUE VOCÊ CONSEGUIU TRANSFORMAR O HOUSE EM UM CHATO, MIMADO, IRRESPONSÁVEL, SEM FORÇA DE VONTADE, E COM TENDÊNCIAS HOMICÍDAS. QUE HISTÓRIA É ESSA?

32. HARUMI says:

QUANTO MAIS O DAVID SHORE TENTA EXPLICAR A PORCARIA QUE FOI O FINAL DA TEMPORADA 7, PIOR FICA. DÁ A IMPRESSÃO DE QUE ELE ESCREVEU UM PÉSSIMO ROTEIRO, E AGORA FICA TENTANDO CONSERTAR. PARA.

33. CARLOS EDUARDO says:

David Shore, CALA A BOCA
    Como vocês tiveram a coragem de jogar fora a Lisa Edelstein. Tudo bem, que a estrela da série é o Hugh Laurie, mas a Lisa dava um charme todo especial. Ela é um mulherão com peito, bunda e pernões, lindos olhos violeta. LINDA DEMAIS, e detalhe, alé, de todos esses adjetivos, ainda é ótima atriz. Só em House, ela já fez striptease, já chorou, já cantou e dançou, e até nua já ficou. eu quero a lisa de volta.

34. verônica says:

NÃO PRECISA EXPLICAR NADA, DS. VOCÊ DESTRUIU HUDDY, CUDDY E O PRÓPRIO HOUSE, QUE VIROU UM DROGADO IRRESPONSÁVEL E NOJENTO.

35. FLÁVIA says:

Depois de toda essa cagada que foi a 7ª temporada, quem devia ser demitido é o David Shore, e não a Lisa Edelstein, que sempre promoveu a série, pelos quatro cantos do mundo.Além de enfeitar a série com sua beleza exótica e seu grande talento.

36. Everaldo Rocha Filho says:

O David Shore é mesmo um sujeito arrogante. Está tentando insinuar que os espectadores do mundo inteiro, são burros e não entenderam direito aquilo que ele escreveu. Ou o DS escreveu um texto muito ruim ou a direção da série é péssima, pois o que todos nós assistimos estupefatos, foi um House agindo como um psicopata,sem emoção, com movimentos calculados. Ao jogar o carro na sala, ele tinha pelo menos 50% de probabilidade de ferir ou matar alguem. Então, como é que o David Shore, vem dizer o contrário. Homem, assume logo que voce fez uma cagada. E a audiência comprova. Não foi Huddy, o culpado pela baixa audiência, mas sim, a baixa qualidade dos roteiros. Tanto, que a partir do rompimento Huddy, a audiência continuou a despencar. E depois, desse gran finale, duvido que tenha muita gente para assisitr a toda essa porcaria. Ainda mais sabendo, que a Cuddy não vai mais estar na série. Adora a Lisa e a sua personagem.

37. vânia spindolla says:

DAVID SGORE, PARABÉNS. VOCÊ CONSEGUIU ACABAR COM HOUSE MD.

38. AFONSO SCHMIDT says:

O David Shore, é mesmo um homem extremamente arrogante, não dá o braço a torcer, de que cometeu um grande erro nesta 7ª temporada. E como todo megalomaniaco, jogou toda a culpa do fracasso da temporada, no casal Huddy, em vez dos péssimos roteiros. Depois daquele final lamentável, fica tentando explicar. Dizendo que ninguem entendeu o episódio. Para com isso sr. Shore, o público não é cego, nem surdo e tem inteligência. Portanto pode parar. Vocês queriam destruir Huddy, conseguiram. Aliás, Huddy nesta temporada, estava muito tímido, não tinha pegação. Os roteiristas não souberam aproveitar o talento dos atores, e a excelente química entre os dois. O House poderia continuar a ser o House, com a Cuddy. Com certeza. Mas, com roteiro ruim, não tem relação que resista. Basta ver os rumos que a série tomou.

39. LELINHO says:

NÃO É A TOA, QUE NOS ÚLTIMOS MESES A LISA, ANDAVA COM UM SEMBLANTE TRISTE. EU ACHO QUE ELA ESTAVA PENSANDO. QUE MERDA É ESSA QUE ESTÁ ACONTECENDO?

40. RUTH FERNANDA BERNARDES DA SILVA says:

CALA A BOCA DAVID SHORE, TODA VEZ QUE VOCÊ FALA ALGUMA COISA, ME IRRITA.
    VOCÊ E SEUS ROTEIRISTAS, FIZERAM A MAIOR BURRADA, E USARAM A LISA EDELSTEIN, COMO BODE EXPIATÓRIO, COMO SE ELA, FOSSE A CULPADA DE TODA ESSA DROGA.
    VOCÊS SÃO RIDÍCULOS. A ÚNICA CHANGE DE REDENÇÃO DO HOUSE ERA A CUDDY, COMO ELA NÃO VAI SUMIR, HOUSE VAI AFUNDAR DE VEZ. NÃO ACREDITO QUE PERDI TANTO TEMPO ASSISTINDO ESSA BOSTA.

41. VINI says:

O DAVID SHORE ESTÁ JOAGANDO A CULPA DO FRACASSO DA 7ª TEMPORADA, NA LISA EDELSTEIN. SÓ, QUE ELE ESTÁ ESQUECENDO, QUE ELA É ATRIZ (POR SINAL, ÓTIMA) E NÃO ROTEIRISTA. E, EM TODOS ESSES ANOS, ELA INTERPRETOU MUITO BEM A SUA PERSONAGEM, QUE É UMA DAS MELHORES COISAS DE HOUSE.E CASO O DAVID SHORE, NÃO TENHA PERCEBIDO, NÃO FOI O CASAL HUDDY QUE NÃO DEU CERTO, O ROTEIRO É QUE NÃO AJUDOU.TANTO, QUE FOI DEPOIS DA SEPARAÇÃO HUDDY,É QUE A AUDIÊNCIA COMEÇOU A CAIR A CADA EPISÓDIO. ESTOU INDIGINADO COM O EPISÓDIO 7X23 E COM A INJUSTIÇA QUE VOCÊS TODOS FIZERAM COM A LISA.

NO CUDDY = NO HOUSE

42. Artemio says:

I feel sick about the season finale, but honestly about the entire season. I was a Huddy fan all the way, but they couldn’t even do it properly, they had to destroy that as well.
    I really don’t understand how DS can justify something that, I know is a TV show but still, this is domestic violence and trying to make it sound as something not important is a little bit scary and clearly not the House character I loved during all these years.

43. Bob says:

David Shore is an a$$, plain and simple. He ruined a decent (now not great, thanks to him) show with the last few episodes of this season. I still don’t know how he recovers for next season since House is now a wanted criminal.

44. Erica says:

In MY opinion, the only way to begin and finish the 8th. season is House in jail and commit a suicide, respectively. Because no one, at the face of this planet, could live so miserably, alone, without friends and family, even without a psych help.

45. margaret says:

In the United States, a woman is more likely to be attacked, raped or killed by a male partner than by ALL OTHER TYPES OF ATTACKERS COMBINED.

The leading cause of death for pregnant women is HOMICIDE.

David Shore is making exactly the same excuses for hurting and killing women that occur in real life. “Oh, he didn’t MEAN to…” “Oh, he was just UPSET…” “Oh, but he felt better afterwards…” Disgusting. Placing a man’s ~feelings~ above a woman’s right not to be murdered in her own home is pathetic, immoral and misogynistic.

He isn’t just a crappy showrunner for letting House get so stupid, he is a morally reprehensible human being.

• maggie says:

Great post. Shore justifies House’s violent act as House just wanting to lash out at Cuddy because she hurt his feelings. Abusers always blame the victim, and Shore is having House do the same. Very sick.

46. pedro henrique says:

QUE DECEPÇAÕ DAVID SHORE VC É RESPONSAVEL PELA SAÍDA DA QUERIDA LISA EDELSTEIN ESSE FINAL FOI PARA ELA SAIR SIM AINDA MAIS ELA Q PROMOVEU TANTO A SÉRIE ONDE ESTAVAM OLIVIA E HUGH EM ISRAEL ,LISA ESTAVA LÁ FALANDO EM NOME DA SÉRIE Q VERGONHOSO,LISA AQUI DO BRASIL SOMOS SEUS FÃS SEM VOÇÊ NÃO TEM SERIADO,BYE

47. NÁDIA says:

DAVID SHORE, POR FAVOR, FECHE A BOCA. NÃO INSULTE O PÚBLICO, POR FAVOR. TODO MUNDO QUE ASSISTIU O EPISÓDIO 7X23, VIU CLARAMENTE, O QUE O HOUSE FEZ. ELE JOGOU O CARRO NA SALA DA CASA DA CUDDY, E PODIA SIM, MACHUCAR OU MATAR ALGUÉM. EU NÃO SEI, AÍ NOS EUA, MAS, AQUI NO BRASIL, ISSO É CRIME. DO JEITO QUE A SÉRIE ESTÁ DESCAMBANDO, LOGO, SERÁ A SÉRIE MAIS ASSISTIDA NOS PRESÍDIOS DE SEGURANÇA MÁXIMA. O HOUSE VIROU UM SEM NOÇÃO: VOLTOU ÁS DROGAS, SÓ SAI COM PROSTITUTAS, AGRIDE TODO MUNDO Á SUA VOLTA, E TENTA MATAR QUEM O CONTRARIA. DAVID SHORE, O QUE VOCÊS E SEUS ROTEIRISTAS FIZERAM? DESTRUÍRAM HUDDY, QUE ERA O MELHOR CASAL DA TV,DESTRUÍRAM A CUDDY, E AGORA, DESTRUÍRAM A SÉRIE.

48. GERALDO says:

DAVID SHORE O QUE VOCÊ FEZ COM O HOUSE?
    EU QUERO A CUDDY DE VOLTA.

49. maria letícia says:

David Shore, quem deveria ter sido demitido é você e não a Lisa, seu idiota. O culpado do fracasso da 7ª temporada, não foi Huddy, e sim, o péssimo roteiro. Tanto, que após o rompimento Huddy, a audiência caiu a cada episódio. BRAZIL LOVES LISA.

50. noêmia says:

DAVID SHORE, ESTOU COM ÓDIO DE VOCÊ, PARA MIM 7X23, FOI O FIM DE LINHA PARA HOUSE. PERDI A VONTADE DE SEGUIR ESSA SÉRIE. AINDA MAIS, DEPOIS DA SACANAGEM QUE VOCÊ, O GREG YATANES E A FOX, FIZERAM COM A LISA EDELSTEIN. BYE BYE.