TVLine Items: New Rescue Me Date, Voice Adds Live Set, Torchwood Draws Dushku, and More

Sound all five alarms! FX has changed the premiere date for Rescue Me‘s seventh and final season. The series’ nine-episode swan song will now get started on July 13, where it will air Wednesdays at 10/9c. Originally, the final run was set to kick off Tuesday, July 12.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well….

• NBC’s The Voice — which this week hit a series high in total viewers — is adding to its playlist a live results show to air Wednesday, June 22, at 8/7c. The Peacock has also set a date for the freshman finale, which will also air live: Wednesday, June 29, from 8 to 9 pm.

Hot for Summer: Your Guide to More than 60 June Premieres

• The always in-demand Eliza Dushku, who just this week booked a White Collar gig, now has been tapped to voice a major character in Torchwood: Web of Lies, an online “motion comic” series based on Starz’s Torchwood: Miracle Day (premiering July 8). Per EW.com, the animated Torchwood will also boast voice work by franchise regulars John Barrowman and Eve Myles.

Exclusive: Burn Notice Scoops Up Chicago Code Cop Matt Lauria

• Rocker Gavin Rossdale is busting out his acting chops for another small screen gig (having previously appeared in a 2009 episode of Criminal Minds). The Bush frontman will guest star in the eighth episode of Burn Notice‘s upcoming fifth season (premiering June 23), says EW.com, as a “wealthy and powerful villain.”

Chew on this, ABC Daytime president Brian Frons: Every soap in the biz, including the estimable The Young and The Restless, is down ratings-wise for the 2010-11 season (ending May 22) — except for the canceled One Life to Live! As noted by EW.com, OLTL is bringing in the same demo rating as a year ago (1.1) while increasing viewership from 2.5 to 2.6 million. Was the soap scrubbed too soon? You be the judge.

• A teaser trailer for the final season of HBO’s Entourage has hit the web. Its message? “It all begins and ends with your friends.” Check it out below:

Life Unexpected fans will enjoy this little gem: Shiri Appleby has posted a photo from her guest-starring turn on USA Network’s Royal Pains, to air July 13. What a pair she and Mark Feuerstein make.

CMT’s Next Superstar has received a second season pickup, says EW.com. The Season 1 finale is set to bow on June 10 with a performance for Glee gal Kristin Chenoweth.

Which TVLine Items have you talking? Hit the comments!

1. Jason says:

Callie Thorne will be on two shows in the same time slot.

2. raelee514 says:

Yes OLTL was scrubbed too soon, It had just pulled me back in when the cancellation was announced….. I was like: WTH, i start rewatching and cancellation am I bad luck?

OLTL isn’t perfect, it has issues, but it’s doing GOOD SOAP right now, and it’s telling stories that are dovetailing together in an interesting soapy way right now. It’s must see soap. Dumb move cancelling it.

3. Amber says:

So will Rescue Me still have its finale on Sept. 11th? How many episodes are schedule to run in the last season? It seems like it couldn’t be more than 8 or 9 if they’re just running mid-July to almost mid-Sept.

I wonder what the ratings news means for OLTL. It would be nice if they canceled the cancelation, but has that ever happened in the history of television? Some of the stars are already jumping ship, including the great Robin Strasser. It’s all very sad. I’ve signed every petition I can find to save the show. I’m obviously still in the denial stage of grief. All the cancelations that have occurred this season and the resignations of so many actors has been very unkind to me this year! Maybe I should stop watching low-rated shows that I like and start watching higher rated shows that I hate like American Idol so that I don’t get my heart broken. Blech. I think I’ll avoid all new shows next season until it’s decided if they can stick around or not.

• Mike says:

I don’t think Rescue Me ever planned to end ON September 11th, just CLOSE to it. But last year they filmed 20 episodes to be split into 2 halves. 10 aired last year and the final 10 air this year.

4. Stehpo says:

Entourage teaser is an old Entourage teaser from like start of may.

5. Tavis says:

What about the results from the live shows on June 7 and 14? Are there just not going to be any results until the 22nd?

6. Michael A says:

Soaps are a dead TV genre. Time to move on.

• Danny says:

No, I need my evil twins and back from the dead revelations! Also women screaming bitch at each other, oh wait, that’s reality television. Too bad they don’t cancel all those Real Housewives of Slut County Garbage too.

• LiL365 says:

Soap genre isn’t dead. Ceo BrianFrons of ABCDisney hired crap writers to destroy these time honored classic iconic shows.I’ve watched these wonderful shows my entire life BIG MISTAKE ABCDisney.Now with cancellations veiwership and rateings will deminish and the replacement shows replaceing them will tank #EpicFail

7. CD says:

I am so happy that CMT’s Next Superstar is getting a season 2 as I thought that I was the only one that watched that show.