TVLine Items: White Collar Nabs Dushku, Halle Berry Eyes TV Series, and More News to Know

Eliza Dushku will be getting a certain charming con man hot under the collar on USA Network’s White Collar this summer.

The Buffy/Dollhouse darling will guest star on the ninth episode of dramedy’s third season (premiering Tuesday, June 7), The Hollywood Reporter confirms, playing — shocker! — someone “very sexy” working for Matthew Keller (Ross McCall). Dushku’s character will also — gasp! — engage in a little fling with Neal (Matt Bomer).

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Halle Berry, one of Hollywood’s hottest movie stars, might be planning a return to television, Deadline says. A onetime recurring player on the primetime sudser Knots Landing, Berry is reportedly attached to a buzzy new script for a series called Higher Learning, that is currently being shopped around to cable giants HBO and Showtime. The Oscar winner would play a college professor in the drama.

True Blood‘s fourth season (finally) debuts Sunday, June 26, and thanks to the fine folks at HBO (and Huffington Post for passing it along), you can catch the first three minutes of the premiere here at this link.

• In news that just made our entire summer, former Buffy producer Jane Espenson and Life Unexpected creator Liz Tigelaar have joined the already stellar team behind Once Upon a Time, the new ABC drama that already boasts two former Lost producers as EPs. Both female powerhouses tweeted the news over the past few weeks, but The Hollywood Reporter reveals how exactly they’ll be contributing to the fantastical project: Espenson will co-executive produce, and Tigelaar is a consulting producer.

Cloris Leachman has officially been promoted to series regular on Fox’s Raising Hope, per TV Guide Magazine. Throughout the first season of the offbeat comedy, the veteran actress was billed as a” special guest star” simply because “we didn’t know how much we would use her and where the stories would go,” creator Greg Garcia tells the mag.

• Syfy has renewed it’s paranormal sensation Ghost Hunters for an eighth season, set to bow in 2012 with 20 new episodes.

Kevin Connolly is stepping behind the cameras for Entourage‘s penultimate episode, TVGuide.com reports. The actor’s directorial installment of the HBO comedy will air Sunday, September 4.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!

1. A says:

Does the fling with Neal on White Collar mean that Neal and Sarah (Hillarie Burton) are not happening anymore?

• timotey says:

According to another site, at the time of Dushku’s guest part, they’ll be broken up. I guess temporarily only, they’ve pushed the love interest angle so hard – ridiculously hard, IMHO, considering Kate should’ve been the love of Neal’s life and six months after her death, he’s already in a relationship – that I can’t see them dropping it completely.

2. Ace says:

While I’ll be pleased to see Eliza an White Collar, this doesn’t bode well for the Neal/Sara ship I like so much. Hmm.

3. BID says:

Hopefully not. I’m sick of Neal and Sarah. Hillarie is an annoying character who should just go away.

Neal and Alex are a GOOD couple. I could go for a hot Eliza Dushku/Neal Caffrey couple too!

• Captain says:

I haven’t seen White Collar but Hilarie is an annoying actress period. Atleast you’ve only had to deal with her for a season, One Tree Hill fans had to spend six years with her whiney Peyton Sawyer. Atleast she doesn’t cry nearly as much.

• lorna says:

Let me guess Captain, you’re a Haley fan. Hilarie’s a great actress. Loved Peyton and the show is just awful without her and Lucas.

4. Justin says:

Eliza on White Collar? Sounds good to me. I, for one, like Sarah. Nice ying to Neal’s yang. Alex seems like the better fit for him, but he seems to bond with Sarah as well.

5. Fred says:

Halle has always had success on the small screen with fantastic movies such as “Introducing Dorothy Dandridge” and “Their Eyes Were Watching God” that have won her a Golden Globe;a Primetime Emmy Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Lead Actress

By heading back to TV, Berry joins fellow Oscar-winners Helen Mirren, Kate Winslet, Holly Hunt and Judi Dench.

Congratulations to Halle Berry

6. aj says:

It’ll be cool to see them reunited. Interesting there was no mention that Bomer played Dushku’s love interest in Tru Calling.

• Stacey says:

I thought the same when I read this. Loved Matt on “Tru Calling.” It wasn’t the same after he left. Looking forward to seeing these two together on screen again.

7. MGL says:

After reading the handful of spoilers that have been released for White Collar, I really have no desire to watch the upcoming season. I don’t like Sara and the best thing about the Winter half of the 2nd season was the last episode with Alex. I have heard no news regarding Alex and whether she will be returning or not. Now news on another love interest for Neal with Eliza Dushku. Just bring back Alex. She had the best chemistry with Neal Remember the kiss at the end of season 2.

8. SH says:

Hm this is interesting…maybe having her on to have a fling with Neal, will make Sara need some time away, leaving Hilarie available for some OTH time…

9. Mayra says:

I’ll love to see Eliza on White Collar. She’s a great actress! But yes, like almost everyone, I’m worried about Sara. Sara/Neal make a great couple. We never knew much about Kate, so I never reeeally liked her, which means I was dying to see Neal permanently with someone by the time Sara arrived :)

• timotey says:

“like almost everyone”

Ha, you obviously have no idea just how big a part of the White Collar fandom hates Sara’s guts and would happily dance a jiggle if she left the show. My personal dislike has nothing to do with shipping, I just didn’t like the way she was introduced – Mary Sue, anyone? – and shoe-horned into various episodes *shrugs*

• catbean says:

Since most people that comment express a negative opinion (which is your right) and so the consensus is most viewers hate Sara, I’ll put my positive opinion in and say I like her and her chemistry with Neal. It will, however, be interesting to see him and Eliza together again since Tru Calling.

• teniba says:

If Sara was soooooooooooo bad the vocal minority is saying, why is it that she got promoted to Series Regular… If that Alex/Neal chemistry was soooooooooooooo great why isn’t alex a regular character of the show…

10. good news says:

I HATE Hilarie Burton and the fact that she ruins every show I watch so hopefully Eliza’s character will be a good way to avoid Sara Ellis overload like we’ve gotten this past season.

11. Tom says:

White Collar was great last year became my favorite summer show. Love Eliza and loved them together on True Calling. I wish Hillary would gain at least 15 pounds. I cringed anytime show wore anything where you could see her shoulders and arms.

12. Julie says:

If this works out Eliza could be Neal’s new love interest. And maybe gueststar more than onces.I dont like Sara and I was never sold on Alex. And Kate well she is dead. I think they have still to put Neal with someone that I like. I feel like Hilarie over acts or trys to sell it too hard. I am a huge fan of the show and I love it. I am still going to watch cause I am sure they will make the right choice in the end. Plus maybe we still have not seen that girl Neal ends up with.

13. Angel says:

Ok, Eliza on White Collar will get me watching again!! I loved Eliza and Matt on Tru Calling together! They had great chemistry. Can we just replace Hilarie Burton?

14. Robin says:

Well I like Eliza…but I’m not so sure I’m keen on the whole Neal & her character b/c I like Neal with Sara…however though it isn’t like Neal is exactly the settling down type (at least that is the impression I have gotten from him) I’m not so sure that a fling would hugely effect his relationship with Sara…if they are not exclusive that is…and I’m not sure they will be. I’d be happy if they were though ;)

15. Amy says:

I was going to check out “Once Upon a Time.” With Jane Espenson in charge? Forget it.

16. Ella says:

As a HUGE Hilarie and Neal/Sara fan, I’m not too worried. Break-ups lead to make-ups which are hot ;)

• teniba says:

I hope you’re right!!! Plus some of the promo clips of White Collar have neal and sara on it so i am not that worried… they invested a lot of time trying to build that thing… anyway whoever ends up being Neal’s lover, i hope they don’t spend too much time on the love triangles and stuff…

17. Danielle H. says:

Pity Dushku is the kiss of death for… anything. Really like her though!

18. Amilah says:

I have noticed that no links to the first three minutes of True Blood work. What’s the deal?

19. BHM1304 says:

I thought Jane Espensen had completely come over to the dark side along with an increasing number of Joss Whedon cohorts to Starz with her involvement with “Torchwood” Season 4, now she is working for ABC… for Disney, screw that. I guess this means that “17th Precinct” really is completely dead and buried now as well. Good news for Jane and Liz Tigelaar but a really horrid location for their new gig.

20. KATE says:

Halle who? Please why are we talking about this slut, She can not act her way out of a brown paper bag. Who wants to see this old woman with fake teeth and breast, botox and a eating disorder. Don’t mention the boring personality, now she is showing her old wrinkle dry smelly vjj, hey Oprah, what do you think about Halle showing her old smelly vjj.

21. Kate says:

While I don’t really mind Sarah, I do see them being kinda a fling because in my opinion their personalities don’t really mesh together that well. My guess is it’ll be great for awhile, but when the honeymoon is over it’ll be REALLY over. Looking forward to Eliza and Neal having a go. I might explode from the pretty though. :P

P.S. I am not the Kate above who left that gross and disturbing comment about Halle Berry. There should really be a way to flag comments on this site because that’s just offensive. You can dislike an actress without being a misogynistic whackjob.