TVLine Items: White Collar Nabs Dushku, Halle Berry Eyes TV Series, and More News to Know
The Buffy/Dollhouse darling will guest star on the ninth episode of dramedy’s third season (premiering Tuesday, June 7), The Hollywood Reporter confirms, playing — shocker! — someone “very sexy” working for Matthew Keller (Ross McCall). Dushku’s character will also — gasp! – engage in a little fling with Neal (Matt Bomer).
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Halle Berry, one of Hollywood’s hottest movie stars, might be planning a return to television, Deadline says. A onetime recurring player on the primetime sudser Knots Landing, Berry is reportedly attached to a buzzy new script for a series called Higher Learning, that is currently being shopped around to cable giants HBO and Showtime. The Oscar winner would play a college professor in the drama.
• True Blood‘s fourth season (finally) debuts Sunday, June 26, and thanks to the fine folks at HBO (and Huffington Post for passing it along), you can catch the first three minutes of the premiere here at this link.
• In news that just made our entire summer, former Buffy producer Jane Espenson and Life Unexpected creator Liz Tigelaar have joined the already stellar team behind Once Upon a Time, the new ABC drama that already boasts two former Lost producers as EPs. Both female powerhouses tweeted the news over the past few weeks, but The Hollywood Reporter reveals how exactly they’ll be contributing to the fantastical project: Espenson will co-executive produce, and Tigelaar is a consulting producer.
• Cloris Leachman has officially been promoted to series regular on Fox’s Raising Hope, per TV Guide Magazine. Throughout the first season of the offbeat comedy, the veteran actress was billed as a” special guest star” simply because “we didn’t know how much we would use her and where the stories would go,” creator Greg Garcia tells the mag.
• Syfy has renewed it’s paranormal sensation Ghost Hunters for an eighth season, set to bow in 2012 with 20 new episodes.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!