Scoop: NBC's Firm Sequel Retains Josh Lucas

Meet television’s Mitch McDeere.

Josh Lucas is in final negotiations to play the lead in NBC’s midseason drama The Firm, based on the hit Paramount feature starring Tom Cruise.

Fall Preview: TVLine’s Guide to All the New Shows!

The series picks up 10 years after the events of the movie and the John Grisham novel. This will mark the first regular TV series role for Lucas, who is best known for his work in films such as Glory Road, A Beautiful Mind and Poseidon.

Fall 2011 TV Grid: Where Did Your Favorite Shows Land?

For more details on this story, visit TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com.

Comments (26)

• nice Josh is a great actor

Comment by ggny – June 1, 2011 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!

Comment by Nerdista – June 1, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good actor, but I’m confused about this show. Is it a reboot or sequel? Must be reboot.

If so, how do you sustain this idea? On an episode to episode basis, what’s drives the plot? Does Mitch solve cases or what?

Comment by Ryan – June 1, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They did a TV show based on The Client and it wasn’t a repeato f the movie. I’m sure this show won’t be a repeat of the movie. It’ll probably be something like The Practice.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 1, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What part of the show picks up ten years after the movie did you not understand, they didn’t use big words.

Comment by Tad – June 1, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We wrote about it last month: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/fall-tv-preview-2011-new-series/#215842-12-Firm

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – June 1, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I have to watch this! And I hate lawyer shows. *sigh*

Comment by Michelle – June 1, 2011 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s ssssssssssssssssso cute! :)

Comment by tahina – June 1, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show will fail.

Comment by Esaul – June 1, 2011 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, aren’t you a little ray of sunshine.

Comment by Sue – June 2, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment failed.

Comment by Jaded – June 2, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great actor & good looking too!

Comment by maggie – June 1, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Josh. Love The Firm. Can’t wait!

Comment by Scott – June 1, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the show is set in 2003 where Tom Cruise has had ten years to grow into Josh Lucas?

UGH. Just do a fresh reboot please.

Comment by Ryan – June 1, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t forget his starring role in Sweet Home Alabama

Comment by umbrella – June 1, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is way too good looking for my self-esteem. I don’t think I can watch this show, now.

Comment by Michael – June 1, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the book. Didn’t love the movie that much.

Comment by Mick – June 1, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, but I am unsure if this is a sequel to the movie or the book, considering they had completely different endings.

Comment by Jon – June 1, 2011 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Josh, haaate Grisham books with the exception of A Time To Kill, and the original Firm movie sucked. Not sure about this one.

Comment by Coco – June 1, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best known for Poseidon?

Can’t you edit that to be The Lincoln Lawyer, or Sweet Home Alabama, or *anything* that isn’t that disaster? He’s great, but I doubt anyone wants to remember Poseidon.

Comment by Allison – June 1, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Poor guy, he’s actually really attractive and a decent actor but can’t get a big role to save his life. I hope this gives him some recognition… I MAY even check it out although I originally had no thoughts to do so. We shall see. GL Josh.

Comment by Danielle H. – June 1, 2011 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best casting news of the current season by a mile!!

Comment by Mark – June 1, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Josh Lucas so will now be checking out this new show in the spring.

Comment by Stacey – June 2, 2011 04:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Josh Lucas on TV makes me happy! Josh Lucas on NBC makes me sad. It was nice seeing you while your show lasted.

Comment by Becky – June 2, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely LOVE Josh Lucas! As much as I loathe NBC, I’ll reluctantly turn to the channel for an hour to gaze at Mr. Lucas :)

Comment by Sarah – June 2, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post