TVLine Items: Breaking Bad Return Date/Promo, Gossip Girl's Goodbye, and More News to Know

Breaking Bad fans rejoice! AMC has finally announced the premiere date for the series’ hotly anticipated fourth season.

How does Sunday, July 17 at 10/9c work for you? Good? Good. Added bonus: For those wanting to catch up before Bad‘s 13-episode run kicks off, AMC is offering Season 3 on demand beginning Monday, June 20.

In the meantime, take a look at the just-released trailer for the drama’s intense upcoming installment below.

Ready for more of today’s TV Dish? Well…

• As you’ve no doubt heard (since, well, we broke the news), Jessica Szohr will not be continuing on as a Gossip Girl regular this fall. What was it like to have the producers say vamos to Vanessa? “After playing someone for four years, it can be a little repetitive,” Szohr said to E! Online. “So I was ready for a change.” yet the greatness of her breakout role is not lost on the starlet, who calls her time on The CW’s Girl “so much fun.”

• Last week, Cheryl Cole had two X Factor judging gigs. This week, zero. Following her recent ouster from Fox’s upcoming reality series, the British performer has also been let go from her duties on the U.K. Factor. Simon Cowell all but announced the switch-up on Monday when revealing the judges for the next season of the overseas hit, and his short list conspicuously did not include the series staple. Serving as judges instead will be Destiny’s Child’s Kelly Rowland, Take That singer Gary Barlow, boy-band mastermind Louis Walsh, and British hip-hop star Tulisa Contostavious.

• This one’s for you, Gleeks: The Hollywood Reporter had your first look at Oxygen’s Glee Project contestants in action, belting out Katy Perry’s “Firework.”

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. sarah says:

Still upset from Cheryl being axed from the X Factor in favour of someone with no x factor, ironically. Don’t care that she’s not on the UK version anymore because she obviously wasn’t going back. But I’m not going to bother streaming it because no Dannii and no Cheryl means no interest.

• t.t says:

if you read the news from the UK ITV bosses said they wanted cheryl but she did not respond to them since she’s obviously hurt by him

• Kate says:

I really dont understand why Americans hate Nicole so much, she worked her ass off to make it as a singer and as a singer she is damm talented ive seen her belt live and heard no mistakes, she is far from having no X Factor, maybe as solo artist not been successful but as lead singer in the Pussycat dolls she did well! Cheryl on the other hand only became the Nations sweetheart because her footballer husband cheated on her, which everyone knew was gunna happen over here no footballers can keep it in their pants! Cheryl cannot sing live and didnt even have to work hard to get where she was she just won a reality show! If we could have ahd Nicole for the past two seasons instead of Cheryl i would have been so much happier!

2. Sam says:

I saw “Gossip Girl’s Goodbye” and I thought you meant that this was the last season. While I do like the show a lot (Josh Schwartz makes more addicting TV than anyone else in the business), it would be nice to see it end soon, especially if the producers knew a whole season ahead of time. Don’t run the show into the ground (*cough One Tree Hill *cough), Schwartz & Savage!

• torontogirl98 says:

That’s totally what I was thinking, and I completely agree that OTH has been run into the ground. I want Gossip Girl to have one more season that ends when the show is still watchable!

• Damon says:

Gossip Girl won’t end last year – I promise you that. It’ll do a season 6 and then end. Why? Well, the cast are signed until season 6 and no one really has an interest in continuing as Blake Lively and Leighton Meester primarily have flourishing careers right now, especially Blake Lively.

• Captain says:

Its a bit late. Gossip Girl has been going downhill since the end of Season 1. Season 4 was a bit better than the putrid mess that was Season 3 but given the direction next year seems to be headed, I think tis safe to say GG will be DOA by the time their Series Finale rolls around. Josh Schwartz knows how to craft a great first season, that is all. He has no idea how to make a show last. The OC nosedived after Season 1 as well.

3. kdzl says:

“Last week, Cheryl Cole had two X Factor judging gigs. This week, zero.” You’re wrong. She was never meant to do the UK version. Just like Simon, she quit way before all this mess with the US version happened. I wish we’d get a statement because, at the moment, no one really knows what happened/is going to happen. If the rumors about the USXF are true, then I’m really sad because I think Cheryl would be awesome and the Americans would love her (she won 2 out of 3 times the British version and the one time she didn’t, she had two acts in the final. I think this fact alone proves how good of a judge she is). Guess we’ll have to wait and see. Either way, good luck to Chezza!

4. wildbynature says:

…but… Rachel did Firework. Not Blaine.

5. Alex says:

I have never ever in my life been as excited for the return of a TV show as I am for Breaking Bad season 4. It’s going to be epic!

• Mike says:

I am right there with you. I just discovered the show, watching all 3 seasons in about 8 days. I was disappointed with the promo though, it was just clips from previous seasons, I really didn’t notice any new material.

• Stacy says:

I’m very excited but I’m really trying to calm myself down. There is no way it can meet my expectations at this point, so it’s bound to disappoint me. So, while I hope it’s great, I’m not going to assume it’s going to be the best thing ever.

6. Captain says:

Darren Criss didn’t sing Firework on Glee, Lea Michele did. Darren Criss sang Teenage Dream.

7. dgh says:

no one commenting on breaking bad? losers

8. Kate says:

I am not Cheryl’s biggest fan in fact i basically celebrated when she left the UK to pursue another country but the way she was kicked off was extremely harsh especially from a good friend. However Simon should have known it was never gunna work he has the same flirty relationship with Paula and Cheryl, only one would suit being on the American X Factor and unfortunately for Cheryl she doesnt have that personality which Americans seems to love! Although i am happy that she is not coming back to the UK one, she might have won but that was in no help from her to acts she was just bloody lucky with who she got, but i dont want this Tulisa taking over she is way too young and inexperienced to be giving people advice on the industry!

9. mst3k says: