This Just In: Ask Ausiello Is [Spoiler Alert]

It’s taking the week off. But I have a good excuse! The perfect storm of the long holiday weekend and my late May nap schedule left me precious little time to answer your burning questions. On the bright side, this will only be a one-week hiatus. AA will be back in session next Tuesday night.

I’d like to end with a quote from ’80s philosopher Chicago: “Even lovers need a holiday… After all that we’ve been through, I will make it up to you. I promise to.”

Still not letting me off the hook? Um… how ’bout if I distract you with a funny clip from Cougar Town‘s just-wrapped second season?

Loading video...

Comments (33)

• boooo. I want scoops. No new shows on this week or next, and now no new AA…

Comment by mst3k – May 31, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Enjoy your time on fire island Mike, have fun, you deserve it!

Comment by scotty – June 1, 2011 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now, I’m tempted to watch Cougar Town.
    THANKS ;D

Comment by Katie – May 31, 2011 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, it’s a good show, don’t let the name scare you off

Comment by Me – May 31, 2011 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay! I was hoping this post would get at least 1 person to watch Cougar Town. It’s one of the funniest comedies currently on television that not nearly enough people are watching. Definitely Netflix the first 2 seasons. :) Forget the crappy title – it really is an excellent show.

Comment by Lauren – June 1, 2011 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love to know how Desperate Housewives’ Lynette and Tom are going to deal with their divorce!

Comment by Chiaki – May 31, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re getting divorced? I haven’t watched the show since they killed off Nicolette Sheridan’s character. How many years ago? Wow.

Comment by Chatty – May 31, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Ausiello already spoiled that they’re *not* getting divorced. Or I saw it elsewhere on TVline….

Comment by Ann S – May 31, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup, they started having problems during the last episodes of season 7 and decided to divorce in the season finale.

I know, I liked Edie too!

@Ann S: He did? I hope you’re right, I LOVE Lynette&Tom, after all they’ve been through it’d be too bad for them to break up.

Comment by Sheela – May 31, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • they decided to seperate not to divorce

Comment by silly – May 31, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey , it’s only a week , I can wait .

Comment by Tracy Murray – May 31, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I spent all weekend cleaning out my flooded basement, and I don’t even get my AA? :(

Comment by Tracy – May 31, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bah. I was hoping for “fired”.

Comment by Weezer – May 31, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS IS MY FAVORITE LAURIE SCENE EVER! I love Cougar Town and Busy Philips.

Comment by Eissa – May 31, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummer, I love AA too!
    But, I am very glad for the heads up- not just a lack of post.
    I know everyone needs a break now and then. I hope it’s a fun holiday.

Comment by lu – May 31, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I <3 Michael. Enjoy your break.

Comment by Leola – May 31, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI scoop please and thank you

Comment by mes – May 31, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I have a craving for a D@mn and an Iced D@mn. (I have no idea what that is but I sure want to try one!) ;-)

Comment by G girl – May 31, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I suppose you will take a couple of months off when the Smurf movie comes out.

Comment by Dee – May 31, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I finally submit a question and he takes a week off? No smurfs for him! (Kidding, of course.)

Comment by Cathy – May 31, 2011 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok.. but come back with some season 9 NCIS scoopage…plz!

Comment by Sima – May 31, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I retreat fully to my post-McDreamy exit news coma.

Comment by Frenchie – May 31, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I don’t watch Cougar Town, but love the shout out to Coffee Bucks.

Comment by scrubs 4ever – May 31, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then you should have watched the finale. There was MAJOR Scrubs love in the finale. A major character from Scrubs popped up and talked about other characters from the show and what they were up to. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Comment by MT – May 31, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously?!? Why in the heck would you post an article saying you are not posting an article. I understand your name is on the masthead, but seriously? Just report next week and explain your absence then… Geez..

Comment by Just Jules – May 31, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow…you got really upset by that. Um, you ok there?

Comment by John – June 1, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nah… I was just cranky… i’ll even read those “non news” Twilight related articles.. this was kind of funny, for MA to take the time to write and upload an article about nothing… it was very Seinfeld show… (and just as annoying). :P

Comment by just jules – June 1, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You answered my question about Hetty remaining a regular cast member on NCIS: LA next season. I’m cool with waiting a week. :)

Comment by Dan – May 31, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello, I was watching your red carpet interview with Aubrey Plaza earlier and could not get enough of your back-and-forth. You have great comedic timing. More this Emmys?

Comment by Chris_Griff_3 – May 31, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw, shucks! I know you deserve a vacation, but I look forward to Wednesdays for AA, and I don’t watch “Cougar Town” so this is a bummer for me ;-)

Comment by Gwen – June 1, 2011 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Chicago lyric drop gets you off the hook….this time :)

Comment by Flossy – June 1, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • haha, one of my favs :) taye diggs reference ftw :D

Comment by lolo – June 1, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Ausiello, you don’t need to make excuses to us, you can just take the week off, it’s okay. We will still love you.

Comment by Amber – June 1, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post