Scoop: V's Morena Baccarin Joins Homeland

Just two weeks after ABC canceled cult favorite V, the show’s breakout alien Morena Baccarin has joined another drama series, Showtime’s Homeland.

The upcoming thriller, from 24 executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, centers on Marine Sergeant Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a driven CIA officer who suspects he might be plotting an attack on America. Baccarin co-stars as Jessica Brody, Scott’s smart, strong wife. She replaces Laura Fraser who played the role in the pilot.

For more details on this story, visit TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com.

Comments (16)

• I love this! Have adored Morena Baccarin since ‘Firefly’. She NEEDS to be on my TV.

Comment by Missy J – May 31, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!! She’s one of my fave actresses!! I loved her on Firefly!

Comment by Aileen – May 31, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope she grows her hair. It’s terrible currently.

Comment by Jeremy – May 31, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad! She was one of my candidates to fill in the new spot as the Dean of Medicine on House. Shoot!

Comment by tahina – May 31, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Homeland show has an excellent cast so far. Do we know when it’s supposed to air? Will it be on after Dexter?

Comment by Paul – May 31, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess this nixes any hope of V being picked up by another network…damn.

Comment by Steven – May 31, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does this mean Firefly has been cancelled?

Comment by Jason – May 31, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • trolololol

Comment by mawhi – May 31, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sadly, Firefly was cancelled almost 10 years ago.

Comment by Buddy – May 31, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha!…now that i think about it she replace Rebeca Gayheart on FireFly.So once again she takes over a role.This show is looking Damn good.

Comment by NickC – June 1, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so looking forward to it. She’s an amazing actress. Too bad about “V” though, I liked it and Morena was one hell of a scary reptile!

Comment by Girish – May 31, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess this means goodbye to the TNT idea then :( I really wanted one more season to wrap it up and ABC threw it out the door. :(

Comment by Guy – May 31, 2011 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, she will always be Inara to me…no matter what she’s in. Glad she’s got a new show though.

Comment by raven – May 31, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup she is always going to be Inara to me too.

Comment by Kirstin – June 1, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shamed about V (even if it was semi-inevitable all season), but this is a nice move for Baccarin. Looking forward to this show!

Comment by Cat – May 31, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show looks like the most promising pilot for any fall project that has been introduced. Nice going Morena.

Comment by bhm1304 – June 1, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post