Shonda Rhimes Talks Private Practice Twist: What Addison Did Will Bite Her In the Butt

Get More: Exclusive, Finales, News

For a stretch there, Private Practice fans were hearing plenty about the imminent arrival of new cast member Benjamin Bratt (if not a lick about the character he’d be playing). So it’d stand to reason if Addison (Kate Walsh) decided to take a cue from her fellow Oceansiders and cut bait, skip town and flit off to Fiji with the mystery man she met at the market and was quick to mack on.

And yet she didn’t. Instead, Ad got as far as the airport gate before wheeling around and taking fresh stock of her life. Next thing you know, she’s curled up in bed with — knock me over with a feather — ex-ish lover Sam (Taye Diggs), talking about how their being together and her want for a child are not mutually exclusive.

“I love that moment,” series creator Shonda Rhimes says of Addison’s airport epiphany, which was shot in a stylized manner with passersby blurring around her. “I was on set making the pilot [for ABC's Scandal] and it was really late at night when I thought of that. I got really excited.”

Shonda Rhimes: Grey’s Anatomy Finale Has Set Up What May Be the Original Cast’s Final Run

Taking TVLine inside Addison’s head at that pivotal juncture, Rhimes says, “She has walked past Violet, who is at the airport running away from her possibilities, and she’s walked past Naomi, who is heading toward new possibilities [with fiancé Fife]…. She’s realizing that everybody is just walking away – and that’s not her.

Addison “could walk away from everything,” Rhimes continues, “or she could actually go back to the things that she loves, which are her job and Sam. That’s what she says at the beginning [of the episode], that [living for her job] is her thing. So without that, who is she? She stays true to who she is by going back to the practice and going back for Sam.”

Exclusive: Ellen Pompeo Opens Up About Her Uncertain Grey’s Anatomy Future and Likely Successor

With Bratt on board as a series regular, viewers (as well as Addison) have not seen the last of charming Conor by a long shot. With so much in flux in Addison’s life — namely, the investigation into Oceanside Wellness’ policies and the gang’s formation of a new practice — will the fact that she and her almost-fling conspicuously never shared names or occupations come back to ironically-slash-coincidentally haunt her?

“Yeah, I think so,” Rhimes teases. “I think it’s going to end up biting them in the butt pretty seriously.”

Speculate away, PPP fans — how do you think Bratt’s character will surprisingly resurface in Addison’s world?

Comments (89)

• Ugh this article is pointless. It tells me nothing about what consequences she will face at all! Don’t tease me with such nothingness articles!

Comment by eveateden – May 27, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it is obvious he will be the medical consultant Addison hires. I enjoyed Bratt’s scenes with Addison though.

Comment by Jamie – May 27, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I thought that same thing the moment they said they would have a consultant come in and help make changes.

Comment by Sherknd – May 27, 2011 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • got it in one. Expert medical consultant= Benjamin Bratt

Comment by Kelley – May 27, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is going to be the investigator trying to tear apart the practice and will have a grudge against Addison for not going to fiji with him! SMH I told people not to ship this random guy they knew nothing about… I bet he is going to give her hell and try to make hell for her and Sam too… SMH He is starting off Pathetic!

Comment by Chocolatema19 – May 27, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Him being one of the investigators does not make much sense. They will not be investigating the practice all season (if there will much investigating at all – the way they made it sound all problems will be solved once they re-open a ‘new’ practice) and Benjamin Bratt is a new high-profile series regular. I think it’s very obvious that he will be the medical consultant mentioned in the finale. It fits all the hints about there not being anyone like him (he’s not a doctor, but he works in the medical field) on the show and his ties to the practice are not limited to one particular story. I think it’s a pretty smart move. It’ll be interesting to see some of doctor’s cases and their way of stepping over or around boundaries with their patients from a different perspective.
      And I don’t think he will hold a grudge against Addison either. He seemed like a very laid back, ready to live in the moment kind of guy in the finale. I’m sure he will continue to flirt with Addison and knowing Rhimes this will be just another one of her yearly triangle stories. Simple as that.

Comment by Neil – May 27, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You said it all Neil!

Comment by Emily – June 2, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think he will be the ex investigator that Addison wants to hire to be on the safe side…

Comment by Claudia – May 27, 2011 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You need to explain to me how he can start off pathetic? Do you write the show? How do you know? We know nothing about this character yet, calm down.

Comment by Emily – June 2, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When is Addie going to get a baby?

Comment by GiveAddieaBaby – May 27, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i loved Addie and Conor!

Comment by mia – May 27, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather hear some spoilers about Pete than this… I hope Pete is okay!

Comment by sam – May 27, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, I only want Private Practice info that involves Pete right now.

Comment by Allison – May 27, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another season of Addisam and I seriously quit with this show, enough of them!!!

Comment by Ilaria_26 – May 27, 2011 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I already half quit. I had initally taken it off my season pass, but tuned in for the Charlotte story line. When the wound down, I found I lost interest and missed a few eps. The characters are all so vain, selfish and judgemental. I only caught the last 15 minutes of the finale. I may not be tuning in next season.

Comment by MDEP – May 27, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! They have no romantic chemistry. I was always a Pete/Addison, but I loved her and Kevin.

Comment by lorna – May 27, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Already did that. It’s too bad this show went down hill with its stories… so sad! :(

Comment by Caro – May 28, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Dee – May 27, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addie deserves whatever she gets for bailing on Benjamin Bratt. It’s freaking Benjamin Bratt, for pity’s sake! You don’t just leave him at the bloody airport! I hate Addie & Sam, if you didn’t notice.

I’m seconding the worry for Pete. He’s the only one of those people I still care about! Don’t kill Pete!!!

Comment by Michelle – May 27, 2011 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL agreed!! Pete is awesome and deserves SO much better than Violet. Dump her stupid @$$!

Comment by lorna – May 27, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmm gee toughie, nae is gone they have an opening in the practice. whether as a dr or consultant (as someone said) he will end up taking that spot. there will be awkwardness and he will probably date mcdreamy’s little sis since she is the only other un-relationship-ed one until she lands in rehab and eventually sam finds out about bratt and addie’s kiss or addie about his and nae’s fling or baby-ness but something breaks them up so she goes to bratt, and then back and then forth, cue the series finale. i like the show but soap opera story lines can only go so many ways (break up, get back together) and must always achieve drama to keep going.

Comment by kim – May 27, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save Addison from Sam! http://twitition.com/tt44n

Comment by addisonislove – May 27, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WE SUPPORT ADDISAM! http://twitition.com/zja59

Comment by karly – May 27, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m very happy AddiSam fans are kicking the haters butts in every poll. I’m not even a Fan but I’m tired of some small group thinking they are speaking for the entire Private practice fanbase, the addisam haters are really the worst and just for that GO ADDISAM!!!!.

Comment by Ceci – May 27, 2011 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Addisam shippers are the worst. They’re mean and arrogant. GO Addisam haters!! And I’m not even a hater.

Comment by Ella – June 2, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oops forgot to add shortly after one of the breakups with guy A as she dates guy B she realizes she is finally pregnant with guy A’s baby somewhat a la violet.

Comment by kim – May 27, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are they so stupid to let us see again the same story as Violet (guy A vs guy B)? Benjamin Bratt is a great actor I really hope they think something better for him, not just the same boring triangles! And about Shonda great ideas, she should have let Addison take that plane for Fiji and move on! Come on she’s old enough to stop sleeping with all her ex-husband’s friends

Comment by Ilaria_26 – May 27, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or leave Addison trying to decide whether or not to go to Fiji as the character’s cliffhanger. There are lots of ways Rhimes could have made Addison’s part of the episode end on a more exciting note.

Comment by Neil – May 27, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I despise Shonda for sending her back to Sam. That was done. He doesn’t want to have or raise another child. Shonda Rhimes needs to stop forcing relationships between her principals down our throats.

Comment by Deion – May 27, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She went too far already. Sam and Addison never should have gotten together as a couple, that was wrong on every level! You cannot date someone who’s like a brother to you, or like a relative. She crossed the line with that. But even before that, Shonda should have given Addison more grace and respect by writing a stronger character than the pathetic woman who falls for every random guy and sleeps with him, too! But everyone on PP seems to go that way, so that is why I stopped watching. Too bad because the medical side of PP was really interesting. I just don’t like that hopping around from one to another! Disgusting.

Comment by Caro – May 28, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Caro, what you write it’s sad, but you’re right, they crossed a line with this Addison and Sam’s relationship… and the writers gave Addison terrible and pointless story this season, maybe we have a chance to make a real change in Addison’s life in season 5 and to let live the show, but if they are still in the addisam’s train i don’t see coming new seasons after season 5. I hope to be wrong… and to change (not so more) subject, I think Benjamin Bratt is gorgeous and a great actor (did u hear his voice?!), so please writers give him and Addison a good storyline!!!

Comment by Ilaria_26 – May 28, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addie deserves better than Sam! She still doesn’t know he kissed Naomi! He is an asshole! [2]

Comment by bru – May 27, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! Never understood why Addison jeopardized her friendship with her longtime girlfriend to take up with Sam, with his tiny little round bald head. And passed over several gorgeous guys along the way! Ugh.

Comment by Lyn – May 27, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Addison and Sam make it and eventually have a baby. They are amazing together.

Comment by Caryn – May 27, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Addie and BB’s character together, but I don’t think she should have got on a plane with a guy she doesn’t know and go to another country with. I know it is just a TV show and people are saying “oh she should have gone”, but I hope you really don’t think that in real life. You are asking to be murdered if you get on a plane and go to another country with someone you don’t know.

Comment by Ashlee – May 27, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Online there is two Twitition polls. One for fans not wanting AddiSam together. One who DO want AddiSam together. The fans that want AddiSam together is beating the non AddiSam fans by way more. Pro AddiSam are also winning the FB poll as well. Some “try” to tell you AddiSam have no fans. The polls are telling a different story. Many LOVE AddiSam. I love their SL and thank Shonda Rhimes for continuing it. I wasn’t going to watch next season because the “Connor” character was giving me the creeps. Glad to see Addison finally growing up and taking on a relationship rather than cheating or running. It’s growth. Thank you Matt for the great article and Shonda Rhimes for hanging in there with AddiSam. They rock!

Comment by Jamie – May 27, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes but many hate that pairing and I’m sorry but you cannot trust polls, only a few people vote, it does not mean anything. pp lost lots of viewers when the whole thing between Addison and Sam started and that was during the third season. I think it’s obvious who between Addisam haters or shippers is winning. The ratings speak for themselves.

Comment by Emily – June 2, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LMAO!!! *SMH* Addison…. Dont Talk To Strangers

Comment by Jackie – May 27, 2011 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t “my one night stand is suddenly my co-worker” the very premise that Grey’s Anatomy premiered with?

Comment by John – May 27, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We Support AddiSam http://twitition.com/zja59

Comment by Gary – May 27, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go AddiSam!!!!

Comment by Felicita – May 27, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget it Shonda. No way you can pass something Meredith Grey – whom Addison, the REAL Addison – remember her?, rightfully called a perfect 12 year old back then – did four years ago off as character progress. Recycling old Merder scripts for Addison, that’s what this is. It’s so ironic. Meredith got the scripts that would have made Addison shine. While Addison is regressing to a perfect 12 year old Meredith shows off how much she has grown by proving that you don’t need your stupid Shondaland not-so-dreamy guy to rock being a mother. Why must Addison always be either the evil cheater or the weak woman who is completely dependent on men? I’m so tired of it all. This is not Addison to me. It’s a caricature.

Comment by Mona – May 27, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Shonda Rhimdes hates Addison! That’s all.

Comment by Valerie – May 27, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Shonda Rhimdes hates Addison! That’s all. She will never have better storylines than Meredith or any other character from GA or PP.

Comment by Valerie – May 27, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shonda was working on four shows this season! Four shows! GA and PrP had to take the can for it with bad writing. They reused old GA scripts on GA too!

Comment by RedWings – May 28, 2011 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love IT!really happy with Addie’s decision, i think Shonda did a great job telling it. Addie is a fighter! she doesn’t run away from things (like violet did)and I can see the growth in her character this season.(Finally!)

I love that she was the one who came up with a plan to ‘change’ or save the practice and decided to go back with Sam. Forget about the drama between them, he’s the only one that gets her. He was the one that said “i have never ever seen you back away from a fight” and at the end she proofed it to Sam and the viewers that she’s not a quitter.

Comment by Anna – May 27, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Shonda would explain why Sam cheating on Addison with Naomi while Addie was grieving her dead mother was ignored! Yet Shonda continues to punish Addison for everything!

Comment by Mackenzie – May 27, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Addison is the evil cheater and Sam is the PP version of her McDreamy. Her dreamy guys can never ever do wrong. It’s a law in Shondaland. They can call their girlfriends all sorts of ugly names, mistreat them and cheat on them and they are still perfect. But the women get burnt on a stake for the tiniest mistakes. It’s so stupid.

Comment by Mona – May 27, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There\’s a blog entry on Kate Walsh\’s website asking about our favourite Addison relationships. One of the best rated entries suggests Addison and Meredith should run off together with Meredith\’s adoptive daughter. It made me laugh. I think PP and GA turn some of their viewers into lesbians or at least into shippers of lesbian couples. Because the heterosexual relationships are all the same and almost all have a misogynistic touch.

Comment by Leena – May 27, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Addie/Mer is a very popular femslash ship since GA S2, loads of fanfiction about them, more than about some canon couples. Some of these stories are very, very good; better written and more in touch with the characters than some Private Practice stories.
          Hope fanfiction writers for Prp & GA are gonna write up a storm during the break.

Comment by Twin – May 27, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They never shared names or professions?

Hello Derek and Meredith, part deux.

Comment by Ann S – May 27, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Shonda Rhimes!!!! great interview ViVa Addisam!! Addison loves Sam

Comment by Lupe – May 27, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is pointless. And I don’t give a damn about addisam, just tear them apart already! What made shonda think it would be good to pairing Addison with her best friend’s ex husband?! Seriously?? Seriously??

Comment by AddisonsAnatomy – May 27, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree; she grew as a character when her and Pete didn’t last, but she knew itwas because he was in love with Violet. Does she really think that being with your best friend’s husband is a great idea? She needs time on the couch and someone asking her why she continues to seek out destructive relationships.

And as I typed the last line, I realize I’m way too involved. Wow.

Comment by Cathy – May 27, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally something Shonda and I agree on. It was definitely not like Addison to go on a vacation with a stranger and giving up on the things she loves without a fight.
    I’m glad she got back together with Sam and I hope they can finally make it work next season.
    I’m also looking forward to Benjamin Bratt’s character. He’ll probably be the consultant Addison plans to hire for the practice.

Comment by Nora – May 27, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like AddiSam. Finally addison has a steady pairing to root for.

Comment by Claudia – May 27, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by teniba – May 27, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ship wars are stupid. Are we in kindergarden?

Comment by Lumos – May 27, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • All this talk about HATERS and LOVERS and online polls is childish fandom bubbling anyway. Who gets people to tune in? Kate Walsh. The men are good looking accessories. I don’t care who Addison is with as long as she’s the HBIC character I love. This season she’s been like that only once or twice. If it doesn’t change next season – I’m out. With Angels Crest, The Perks of being a Wallflower and of course her sexy Boyfriend line there are enough other ways to support Kate.

Comment by Jen – May 29, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obvious that Bratt’s character will be the consultant to the new clinic, and he’ll have a grudge against Addison for not going to Fiji with him. I actually hope I’m wrong, but I could see that coming from a mile away. Every character in Rhimes’ world is involved in the medical community.

Comment by Kira – May 27, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison cheats on Derek with Mark, ends up back with Derek and then gets back together with Mark. She ends up in a relationship with Sam, who doesn’t want children, then when they break up and it looks like she is moving forward with BB, goes back to Sam.

While I like Charlotte on Private Practice, Addison continues to have the same issues; her character isn’t growing. Shonda needs to give Addison control, get her out of the rut and have her move on. It’s ridiculous to watch her character go around in circles. Her healthiest relationship was with Pete, because she left him so he could be with Violet. How sad is that?

Comment by Cathy – May 27, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you! Same with the men: Pete couldn’t decide between Addison and Violet, the shrink had the hots for Violet and for Charlotte, and it goes on and on. If I wanted to watch a soap, I’d watch the bold and the beautiful, where everyone sleeps with everyone. The characters are reduced to nothing by going there. It’s pathetic and sad.

Comment by Caro – May 28, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shonda and her writers talk about progress and keeping things fresh, but do you see any of it on GA or PP? It’s one step forward and then two steps back and the same stories get told over and over again. I’m done with GA next year when SO and EP leave. Anyone know when KW’s contract runs out?

Comment by Leon – May 27, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt Private Practice will make it past season five.

Comment by Neil – May 27, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s obviously gonna be the medical consultant. And I really liked the chemistry he and Addison had. I think it’s boring that she fell into bed with Sam again. To me there’s just not that much chemistry there. Cooper and Charlotte are my favorite couple on PP, I don’t really care that much about Addison’s love life with Sam.

Comment by Petra – May 27, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only watch for Kate Walsh/Addison. I just want to see Addie get her baby already.

Comment by Courtney – May 27, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m all for AddiSam/baby…….. forget the rest

Comment by Gus – May 27, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even know who Addison is anymore :( For some reason, I miss the Addie back in Grey’s.

Comment by Joy – May 27, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I had hoped she’d stay with Mark on Grey’s Anatomy, but when she left to LA so to speak I followed by watching PP. It looked hopeful with Pete but soon I was really disappointed by the lack of storylines. Maybe Shonda can write one episode where the remaining characters will sleep with the ones they haven’t slept with already and then the show will be over because there won’t be anything to be told. Sadly that’s all they can come up with. Too bad because PP had potential and I loved loved loved Addison but I don’t like what she has become. I feel sorry for Kate Walsh.

Comment by Caro – May 28, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Addisam be over already? Ugh. She barely even smiles anymore. I want the old Addie back. She should be with Mark. But that’s just my opinion.

Comment by Hayley – May 27, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark is on another show. It is not going to happen. Shonda had her chance during his crossover to PP and blew it with Maddison. Get over it!

Comment by Seriously? – May 27, 2011 08:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not crazy about Maddison either but nobody needs to “get over” their ship. That’s ridiculous.

Comment by Nattie – May 28, 2011 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can Shonda say that Addison doesn’t run away from things?
    THAT’S HOW THE SHOW PRIVATE PRACTICE GOT STARTED… SHE RAN AWAY FROM SEATTLE.

FFS Shonda, we know continuity isn’t your strong suit but come on. You are spreading the butter over too much bread (admitting she was on set trying to get Scandal going when she thought of what was a stupid independent film looking montage in the airport).

Shonda is letting what could be a really good show just slide further and further into BS.

Comment by Danielle H. – May 27, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am SO glad I’m not the only one that thought this immediately when I read that. Please, Shonda, don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Of course Addison runs, that’s how we got this series. Maybe you should have thought THAT part of your character out before you failed with Off the Map. Addison could have run off to Fiji and we might have stuck around a little long for her instead of that other mess!

Comment by dq18 – May 27, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love women.

And I love babies.

And I have no problem with women who have babies.

But can we stop writing TV stories about women who have nearly zero chance of getting pregnant wanting to have babies as if this is realistic and trivial?

Comment by Mark – May 28, 2011 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who are Tv’s worst couple vote (some shonda bashing involved)

Comment by ruby – May 28, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t matter now. Addison has slept with Sam. You can ‘t go back from that. In the story from now on, she’ll have ALWAYS slept with Sam. Made that choice all by herself. It’s her best friend’s EX-HUSBAND. There’s a history and a story there. It’s one of her EX husbands best friends. Seriously, they both (Der/Naomi) are divorced, but how ridiculous and thoughtless is that? How awkward and disappointing from both Sam and Addison, but Addison is the lead. She cheated on her husband with his childhood best friend and got pregnant by him. 11 years apparently didn’t mean much, but 11 years is nothing. Der’s longest relation ship outside of his family in his life is with Mark his best friend. Talk about 30 Christmas’s and Thanksgivings as his best friend and STILL she made vows, wore the dress, sand the insipid song and STILL cheated and got pregnant by Mark. I love Addison, I truly do, but let’s face it, Shonda has wrecked her in a million ways. I watched a Shania Twain interview recently where she said there is no pain, no irreparable damage, no worse cruelty than a SPOUSE cheating with a BEST friend. It makes thing irre3parabel. So you’d think after permanently damaging her marriage and getting the support of her best friend Nay (heck, she even sand that horrific engagement song to Meredith), that she would stick by Nay, but no, she slept with her ex and and another one of her EX husbands great friends. Is there nobody else in California, NY, Seattle for Addison go go for? It’s icky. But the damage is done now. You can’t take these SL’s back. You can make her grow up, move on, but there will always be a woman who made these kinda cruel and slightly skeevy choices and I put that on Shonda and the writers. Move her on if you want….or don’t. Not sure it matters now. The damage done, it’s there in the SL since GA and even now, no real growth or thought. You can’t change that in the SL now whether you move her on or not sadly.

Comment by Jamie – May 28, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is no point in putting all the blame on Addison. Mark played a very active role in what happened in New York too. He knew Addison was married, he knew she was married to Derek and yet slept with her. You could say his lifelong friendship with Derek apparently didn’t mean much to him, but it’s not that easy. They are all to blame in different ways, even Derek to a degree; they all made mistakes. But they moved past it and all three of them are friends again. I respect that. What I do not respect: Shonda Rhimes going there AGAIN by having Addison sleep with her best friend’s ex-husband. It’s bad and lazy writing. And I agree: They cannot take this back. It already ruined the show for many fans and they can’t take it back.

Comment by Rubic – May 28, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Addison to adopt without Sam. I loved Addison and Sam, but Sam ruined the relationship for me. Shonda needs to give Addie a baby because this is most likely the last season of PP. I hope it is the last. Kate Walsh can move on to better things.

Comment by Maddie – May 28, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Addie and Conor hook up together next season. Sam has had a personality bypass and become yet another Shondaland douchebag.

Give Addie a man worthy of her and if there is another love triangle, let Addie come out on top for once, especially as next season is likely to be the last.

I only watch this soap opera to see where Addie’s storyline goes, I hope she is at the center of her own show next season.

Comment by Deb – May 28, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think what gets me so mad about the Addison and Sam story is that she is sacrificing what she wants to be with him and he doesn’t want to sacrifice anything. She still wants a baby, but he doesn’t, so that doesn’t work. They’re not in sync and the whole relationship makes me not like it. Addison was always a strong character who went after what she wanted and while that has been Sam – she also wants a baby. She needs to move on and quick. I was so hoping when I heard Benjamin Bratt was coming on that that she was finally going to do that, but then here it is back again. I never have liked the whole Sam relationship. She was terrific with Pete. That’s how the whole series started with them meeting and they have really buyable chemistry. Now I don’t buy the Addison/Sam relationship at all. Makes no sense.

Comment by JamieL – May 29, 2011 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think his character will be the person investigating the Oceanside Wellness clinic. His character will be part of the love triangle for Addison & Sam. Addison will be torn between having a child with Benjamin Bratt’s character but still wanting to be with Sam.

Comment by Vannesa – May 29, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison should get over Sam, hook up with Bratt and have a nice relationship with him (even if he ends up as the consultant/advisor/whatever…) and over the odds Bratt should get her pregnant and both have a healthy child and a nice life together with the practice still standing as a family… As for Pete, Violet should head back at the last minute from the airport and head back home because if not someone will find either Pete’s decaying body and a very unhealthy child next to it or both of them dead and that’s not good. In my opinion Pete has gone through too much to go like this. Nai, Fife and Betsy… great family. Charlotte and Cooper… nice to see them grow. And last but not least Amelia should get some help from Sheldon in a professional level, please don’t put them in bed together…

Comment by cmldca – May 29, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Interview Kate again please!

Comment by Lisa – May 29, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer Addison to stay with Sam. I hope next season is better with much more Addison storylines. This season was the worst season ever.

Comment by Laurie – May 29, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Forget Sam and Addison. Benjamin Bratt is a sweet addition btw, let’s talk about Violet.

She has got to be the most selfish person on that show. It’s all about what she needs and her needs are life changing and life destroying.

Why she’s not having the heart attack instead of Pete is beyond me.

Comment by Tracye – June 14, 2011 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post