Idol Finale Feud Rages On: Nigel Says Lee Lied! How Did DeWyze Respond?

TVLine’s team of accountants has just reported in and it’s official: Lee DeWyze has officially made more headlines in the past 36 hours than in the preceding year since he was crowned American Idol, now that series boss Nigel Lythgoe has continued his Twitter feud with the seemingly (?) snubbed singer.

Addressing DeWyze’s claim that he was not asked to appear on-stage at Wednesday’s Season 10 finale until “about two minutes” beforehand — and that is why he declined the invite — Lythgoe on Friday morning tweeted, “True, he wasn’t asked to sing, but Lee knows he was asked to present the trophy [to the new Idol] a week before.”

DeWyze took the high road with his latest response to Lythgoe’s account, stating that he has “no hard feelings towards Nigel, Idol, or anyone else.” Continues the former champ, “I love music, and that’s what I’m going to focus on. I support American Idol and all it has done for me. I respect the decisions made for the Finale, and hope all’s well that ends well”

The Idol boss himself indicates he has said all he wants to on the matter, saying: “I don’t wish to continue the @leedewyze story.”

Lythgoe started the war of tweets the morning after Idol‘s Season 10 capper, saying he was “so upset Lee DeWyze wouldn’t present the winners trophy to Scotty [McCreery].” DeWyze claimed that although he was there in the audience, Lythgoe didn’t ask him to participate in the baton-passing until the last minute.

“I didn’t feel a last-second jump on stage was appropriate,” the singer said. “It was Scotty’s moment.”

1. Yo says:

This is a tough one, boy. Who is credible, Lee or Nigel? No contest: Lee 100%, Nigel 0%.

• Cardo says:

Did anyone at Idol even have Lee’s Phone number to ask him ahead of time?

• Joe says:

Does Lee even have a phone?

• KevyB says:

Of course he wasn’t asked to appear! His record flopped like a fish. Why remind everybody in tv land that their votes meant absolutely nothing and that, more often than not, American Idol doesn’t produce singers? If it were my show I wouldn’t want him on either. BUT I also wouldn’t lie about it. Just say, this is a different season. It’s about the NEW winner, not last year’s. Something like that to at least save DeWyze some face.

• Tarc says:

Let’s be honest here: we all know that if DeWyze was meant to appear, he’d have needed to sign contracts previously (even if only to deal with copyright, image use, and liability). Nigel is clearly blowing smoke.

• Cheryl says:

Nigel is always blowing smoke. I do believe that man is obsessed with his image. He will do anything to promote himself. Also, he is not such a good producer either. There were so many artificial moments on idol this year. It seems like he gets last minute ideas all of the time and then proceeds to act on them. Like we’re all a bunch of idiots.

• Jason says:

Uh…Cheryl? If you’re *watching* Idol, you ARE a “bunch of idiots.” Has it seriously taken this long to figure out the FOX scam? Hoo-boy.

• Musica1 says:

Nigel is lying. We ran into him at the Starbucks by the Nokia before the finale. When we asked why Lee wasn’t going to be on the show, he said that it was a new season with new judges and Idol had moved on. When we pointed out that it was tradition for the prior winner to perform on the finale, he said they didn’t have time for Lee.

• Craig says:

That is true I saw Nigel at the Walmart last weekend, and he said the same thing.

• allie says:

I saw him at at the White House and was standing right there when President Obama asked him the same thing.

• Betty Boopski says:

I believe the person who saw him at Starbucks. There is a Starbucks at the Nokia Center in downtown L.A.

• Erinn says:

Nigel is a jerk. I don’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth. We know Lee. He’s not lying.

• buzz says:

The same nonsense came out of Nigel’s mouth about the Haley bashing by the judges. He said that the judges see the dress rehearsals so they know if a contestant has a 2nd song that will be a “wow’ moment; therefore, they can be tougher in their critique on the first song knowing the second one will be great…what a bunch of nonsense! Nigel is the ultimate manipulator, spin machine…liar!

• JD says:

Nigel has douch*bag written all over his face. Really it’s just bad form. He really ruined the tradition, what little there is, of the Idol finale. Winning should mean something, we’re really getting to a point nowadays were ‘everyone gets a trophy’.
      So the winner of the last year should get three minutes to sing a song in the finale, AND also pass the torch to the current winner. I think in early Idol it was just singing, now I guess they have some trophy presentation. Whatever, it’s meaningless now because the streak was broken.
      Whenever you watch an Idol finale, you can say ‘next year they can be treated like garbage so who cares about winning the title’ it’s meaningless. I think it was important to think, at minimum ‘hey this Idol year is going bad, at least they’ll get to sing on the Idol finale in front of a huge audience’.(I thought that way about Ruban and Taylor’)

• sandi says:

Along the lines of everyone gets a trophy, I see that James Durbin’s homecoming was shown as if he was the final three, and I read today that he is joining the “final three” at another event. This is just like when Kris won, the show promoted Adam as if was the winner. I’m getting tired of these guys deciding whose a “winner”.

• Karrie says:

Team Lee as he has come across as a stand up guy! Nigel, not so much!! Is there any way that this is just a publicity stunt for Lee? Doubtful, I know!

• argo says:

No! Lee (and his managers) created this riff so he could get some exposure! he was NOTHING until this little fight broke out. Lee acts like a little diva and all the shows fans support him!

That’s why Lee now won’t comment because HE will be found out if he keeps it up. Nigel upped the ante and scared Lee back into his hole.

• aizjanika says:

Totally agree. I do not believe Nigel for a second.

2. Larry says:

There was a mis-communication somewhere. It happens. End of story.

• D. Marie says:

I believe this was the case. But when will celebrities stop taking to Twitter to air out their beef? Nigel is a grown man, an old man. Why is he even on Twitter anyway?

• COOKaineAddict says:

So what exactly is the age limit to be on twitter? I would really like to know because I dont want to break any laws.

• Mark says:

30 I think … that’s usually the age where you start to be considered over the hill… and when you should be shopping for caskets.

• marie says:

How old is “old,” please? I’m not sure and you sound like you know. Thanks!

3. John Berggren says:

Between this and the pimping of 15 year olds over talent – I’m 100% with Lee on this one.

• Snsetblaze says:

Agreed. With all the shenanigans that have unfolded over the season and all the promises made and broken, Lee sounds more credible than Nigel. Plus, you would think that if he had been invited to perform, there would be a few more record sales.

4. Eddie Z says:

Nigel Lythgoe has never come across to me as the least bit credible, so in this case, I do not believe him.

5. Rick says:

I’m on Team Idol Audience! Other than Pia getting voted out early, and Hayley’s underdog run, this is by far the most interesting thing to come out of Idol’s tenth season! LET’S HOPE IT CONTINUES!

6. TheReasonsY says:

I am voting for team record sales because this smells like a manufactured riff to get headlines.

7. Michael says:

Why can’t these people (and I mean Nigel in this case because he was the first to start [redundant]) just go to Twitter and say something like: “Unfortunately, we couldn’t have Lee onstage due to a scheduling conflict. I’m sure he would have done it if we gave him more notice.”?

8. gazebo says:

Does anyone know when this alleged “trophy” giving started? I have never heard nor seen any mention of this in other years. Is this something Nigel just dreamed up? Seems so tacky….

• Tuzo says:

Yeah! What he said. I have no recollection of a trophy…when did it start? And why didn’t anyone notice?

• Sophie K says:

They started it last year. They tried to make a “thing” of it, but apparently it failed (as it should) by the number of comments like this I’m seeing, lol.

• ladyhelix says:

I thought I saw Scotty hand it to James as he swooped off stage singing. And I’m pretty sure Kris Allen stood awkwardly with it after he won.

• Kat says:

It started after S7, when the first 7 winners were presented with their trophies at the ceremony launching the American Idol Experience at Walt Disney World. The following season, Kris got his onstage, as did Lee the year after.

• Raye says:

The trophy started after season 7 when Walt Disney World opened the Idol Experience. The season 1 thru season 7 winners were all present and presented with a trophy and it was stated then that all winners thereafter would receive that same trophy. It is a microphone and it is apparently very heavy. Kris was the first to receive to receive it on the show, but it was given by a girl, probably from the Idol crew. Lee was not presented with the trophy onstage, but I did read later that he did receive one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRVlUzTwQUg&feature=fvwrel

9. Drew says:

Nigel’s people were probably told to contact Lee’s people, and somewhere along the way they either didn’t do it or the message didn’t get passed along or something stupid like that. The internet is undoubtedly going to be buzzing with this story, which is really pointless in the end.

I have to say, Lee wins just because he wasn’t the one who started the discussion in the first place.

10. brandy says:

Nobody cares! Can we move on now?

11. Lynn Clark says:

Lee DeWyze was in Malaysia on the tail end of an Asian tour last week – Nigel needs to fact check before he starts spewing more lies.

• Kirstin says:

Being in Malaysia in no way means he was not able to communicate with Idol. Not saying I am Team Nigel here but they have the internet and phones in Malaysia. If they asked him last week while he was there he would know.

• Lynn says:

Except in an interview while in Malaysia they specifically asked Lee if he knew what he would be doing at the finally & he said no, he had no idea.

12. Kari G says:

Nigel is the ultimate manipulator. He has no credibility whatsoever. What would Lee have to gain by lying in this scenario? Not to mention Nigel is the one that started the whole thing with his initial tweet. Now Nigel is trying to drag Lee’s name through the mud to cover up for his own mistake. He should have just let it go. I hope that Lee knows that the majority of people believe him, so no need to give another thought to this douchey asshat!

• Aunt Sassy says:

What Lee has to gain is getting his name in the press – and let’s face it, this is the most we have heard about him since the day after he won last year. Sorry, but I’m with Nigel on this one – only because Lee shouldn’t be going to war with anyone associated with Idol – they are WAY bigger than he will ever dream of being and he just needs to post a tweet saying “sorry, Nigel is right – there was a miscommunication” and leave it at that. Anything more than that and Lee is going to come out an even bigger loser than he already is.

• dee says:

Lee didn’t “go to war” with Idol. Nigel fired the first shot. Ergo, anything Dewyze may say falls in the category of “self defense.”

• Kat says:

Just because Idol is bigger doesn’t make them right. Lee is right to not lick their boots.

• djm says:

Yeah, let’s see what getting into a lame “he said/he said” twitter feud with nigel gets him. Sorry, Nigel may be the bad guy here but he is way more powerful than Lee and as such can make his life very difficult if he chooses to go there.

• Kat says:

So if Lee hadn’t responded, it would have made Nigel’s lies seem to be the truth. Sorry, but I gotta hand it to the guy for at least defending himself. I see nothing wrong with that, especially since he was more matter-of-fact with his comments, unlike Nigel who just likes to call people names.

• aunt_deen says:

Lee did not “go to war” with Idol. He has come across as gracious and classy through the whole thing. But gracious and classy doesn’t mean he has to passively accept Nigel’s insults without setting the record straight.

• Carol says:

So Lee should say “Nigel is right” even if Nigel isn’t right, just because Idol is powerful? OMG.

• cathy says:

Nigel started it by not having the class to have the previous winner included in the finale. Maybe he didn’t think it was important to do that and have Lee around the Hee Haw twins but it was important to the fans. I would have rather watched Lee then Beyonce twice, Lady GaGa or Jack Black. I would have rather watched Lee than J-Lo’s husband singing and her sashsaying around the stage. Nigel, you haven’t gotten it through your head yet. We want to see the former contestants not all these hasbeens and these people that dominate the music awards all year long. I would have died to see Adam perform. Instead I got bored and went to bed at 9pm

• NotABrownNoser says:

There’s a name for people who do that

13. Meghan says:

I don’t remember ever seeing the past winner give the new Idol a “trophy”….I have never even seen any trophy in the entire existence of Idol. Am I missing something?

• daveylow says:

Kris was definitely presented with a trophy when he won, I think by Ryan Seacrest. Don’t recall what happened last year.

• Kasey J says:

A female presented it to Kris and that was the first year they presented a trophy. I definitely think it was wrong of Idol not to ask Lee back to sing a song. That’s been their ritual. Nigel is a pathological liar. Always has been. Anyone who believes him, please let me know because I have beachfront property in Yuma to sell.

14. Howard says:

Not sure why I should care about the argument of a vengeful producer versus a bitter reality show has been. I was bored enough watching this season, so why drag up a former dull moment to add to it? Now if all the people voting Team Lee would only purchase his album, that might increase his sales numbers a hundredfold. And maybe even break out of the triple digits.

• Teresa says:

There have been people declaring that, because of their outrage, they are planning to buy Lee songs/cds (his fans are suggesting people check out his pre-Idol albums).

I can see it now. Lee’s sales spike upwards because of the controversy and next week Nigel claims credit for giving Lee a bump!

15. James Durbs says:

Nigel just knows no one cares about Lee Dewyze and that he’s with Taylor Hicks in the cow pasture of people who will never be mentioned again on the show if it can be at all avoided.

I’m surprised he was even invited to the show. Though he could have bought a ticket from a scalper.

16. Karen says:

Lee has had more attention from this then he has the past year as an Idol winner….

• Stacey says:

Yup. It’s not he was ignored for goodness sake. Yes he wasn’t on stage finale night. But he was invited to perform on a Idol Results show this season. So it’s not like he has been ignored for the last year by the show. He was given a showcase to perform.

Oh definately this has gotten him more headlines than he has had for months!

17. Jami says:

Lee all the way.. Idol dont care about any winners past or present. I’m team Lee all the way. Wait there’s a trophy? when did that happen? and when did any other ‘Idol’ winner give it to the new winner? huh I smell a lier. *cough* Nigel *Couch*

18. Norma says:

Considering Nigel’s history of playing games, I don’t believe a word he says.

19. Jules says:

Team LMAO. That is all. *insert popcorn.gif here*

20. Chelzee says:

NIGEL LYTHGOE IS A FILTHY LIAR!! They are vindictive greedy uncaring people at 19e and Idol, the whole lot of them. It is highly disrespectful of them not to allot Lee a spot to sing on the finale, and what little respect anyone may have had for them is done. I back Dewyze all the way, and hope Idol and LYING LIAR NIGEL all go straight to hell.

• Aunt Sassy says:

Wow, I see that Lee’s mom is really upset. It’s OK honey – the longer they disrespect Lee the longer he can live in your basement.

• Brenda Russell says:

He has his own home in LA and you are RUDE. The man is standing up for himself-much like Haley Reinhart had to do on Idol. He is great-saw him live- his performance was great- he interacted and was very personable with fans and this guy is as nice and HONEST as they come- What do you know about him?-apparently nothing. His CD Live It UP is awesome. He wrote all but one somg, sang and played guitar. Buy it and you might see what you aren’t seeing now.A CLASS ACT-ALL the WAY!

21. aunt_deen says:

Nigel started off looking bad and with every successive word from his mouth (or his keyboard) he keeps making himself look worse.

brb, buying a second copy of Lee’s album…

22. Bob says:

Lee who? What…last year’s Idol winner? Wasn’t that Adam Lambert? What do you mean that was 2009, and he didn’t win? Kris who? No, that was David somebody. Oh, 2008 you say. Wasn’t that…

23. ohreli says:

Yeah right, Nigel, of COURSE we believe you. Just like we believe you that the judges were only dumping on Haley’s first songs because they saw her second songs in dress rehearsal. OKAY, WHATEVER YOU SAY.

24. STFU says:

Lythgo = Liar!!!! They dissed and snubbed a rightful winner – shows they care nothing about the contestants, just doing what they think makes them money. SHAME, SHAME on him for resorting to these immature games, but him and his big buck teeth can kiss our butts. I hope Dewyze makes them all look like idiots and jerks.

• Joey says:

I love that you call Nigel out for playing immature games and then say he has buck teeth! Awesomely Hypocritical, keep it up – it makes these comments fun!

25. Anas says:

Nigel and IDOL SUCK! He’s lying, he’s lying, he’s lying.

26. Robbyboo says:

Are we getting a SYTYCD recap today or what?

27. Holly says:

Nigel Lythgoe, of all people, should understand the power of the underdog! Nigel is most decidedly NOT the underdog here, and he makes himself look bad by even bringing this issue up. What an idiot!

28. Tahoe Mike says:

Can we vote them both onto Redemption Island?

29. margie says:

I haven’t believed any of Nigel’ tweets this season. He has zero credibility with me. It’s his nasty attitude that has convinced me to skip watching SYTYCD this season. Good job, Nigel.

30. Mags says:

I’m on Team Who Cares!

When was the last time an idol winner had more than one album out before being dropped from their record label and being relegated to opening Walmarts in the midwest (I’m from Kansas). Seriously, Idol is nothing more than a pre-teen popularity contest, and it’s relevance ended after Carrie Underwood. Nigel needs to pack it in and go back to that little dancing show of his.

BTW: I don’t remember remember Lee DeWyze, so he must have been SO relevant before this. Publicity seeking on both sides, making something over nothing anyone cares about.

31. LizardLaugh says:

Lee is the least deserving AI winner this side of Taylor Hicks, but he seems like a good kid. Not his fault he was pimped to that victory for reasons that will forever remain a mystery to me. Nigel has a long, glorious history as a manipulative huckster and all around jerk. TEAM LEE!

• Barb says:

Hmmm. I voted for Lee to win Season 9 because I loved his voice as well as the music on his prior two albums. So I believe he was deserving of the win – to each his own. I’m very proud to be a Lee fan today.

Nigel is coming from a place of power which makes his tweets seem cruel and vindictive. He’s basically saying: here’s what happens when someone says No to me, so fair warning, people; I squish those who dare cross me.

He considers Lee & his fans beneath him in every way and undeserving of respect. Bad form, Nigel, bad form. Lee, on the other hand, has not shown an ounce of disrespect to anyone.

• LizardLaugh says:

That prolly came out a little mean – everyone has their likes and dislikes. Some of my all time favorite musicians aren’t the greatest singers. How would a young Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash do on this show? Probably not much better than Paul or Casey who aren’t strong singers either. My issue with Lee was that in addition to having some signigicant challenges staying in tune (Key of Lee) that were rarely mentioned and never fixed, he looked like he was on the verge of vomiting nearly every time he took the stage.

Lee has a nice gravelly, sexy tone. I actually do enjoy his sound. I have no doubt he sounds great in the studio. He could be a fantastic songwriter and I am totally missing out. Problem is, all I saw/heard was what was on the show. I saw some potential that never panned out (much like Lauren this year). I liked him well enough, was rooting for him to stick around over most of the others (it was slim pickins’ last year) until the over the top pimping began and his very blatant flaws ignored.

I think it was a jerk move on Nigel’s part to not invite the previous year’s winner back to perform at the finale. They were/are pretty crappy to Taylor as well. At least Taylor got there on his own. Nigel did everything in his power to stop that from happeneing. Lee was propped up by the show/Simon and is now being ignored by the show. I realize Nigel wasn’t there last year, for all we know he would have spent the whole season trying to Make Katie Stevens Happen, but those are just his sort of shenanigans. We saw that this year with Lauren and James. Poor James never improved like he would have with some honest critique (he got worse!) and Lauren was a mere shadow of the sassy, spirited girl who auditioned in Nashville.

I really am sympathetic to Lee/his fans. I don’t think the show always gives the most complete picture of a singer/musician, especially considering the stupid themes, limited song lists, etc.. There have been many contestants over the years I felt I would have really loved in a different venue (Paul McDonald and Casey James would be recent examples) had I seen them performing their own material and/or fronting a band.

• edisto says:

Listen to some of his live performances on youtube. I love his sound and have all 3 cd’s, but to me he sounds so much better live. (although sometimes he gets carried away by his emotions in the music.)

32. Sam says:

The trophy thing started a couple years ago…they devided to give all the winners trophies…they presented them to all the previous winners when they opened up the AI experience at Disneyworld I think

33. Elena says:

I’ve never followed Lee’s career since Idol, however, I’ve got to say that he doesn’t come across as someone who is a master of lying or subterfuge. I don’t think it’s in him. Nigel, on the other hand, hell yeah.

34. allie says:

“I don’t wish to continue the @leedewyze story”

Neither do we Nigel. Neither do we.

35. Claire says:

Look thru @dizzyfeet’s tweets then compare @leedewyze’s. It’s obvious who the good guy is & who is the real moron. #TeamLee

36. Blair says:

I’m also glad this story is over, because anything I would post about it would just get misunderstood anyway.

37. Rat's @SS says:

People! You are making Too much of this “Feud”…plain
    and simple Lee’s album sales sucked…Nigel & Co. don’t
    like Idols who can’t hold their own out in the REAL WORLD!

Trust me if Carrie didn’t sell millions of records
    it would be Carrie WHO!!!

38. Mitzi says:

Nigel and Ken are two of the most unprofessional producers there are. The fact that they both bring their garbage to the media and to forums where everyone sees it dumbfounds me to know end. They are all a bunch of Svengalis.

I don’t know who is telling the truth. Lee or Nigel. But I’ve been following Idol since Season 1 and I’ve never found either of them to be on the up and up.

The more they go on the record dissing and snubbing their former Idol winners, simply because those winners are either not whom they originally would have chosen OR because those singers have minds of their own, the more they look like poor excuses of humanity.

At this point, I believe Lee 100%. I’ve never followed Lee nor have I bought any of his songs. But I’m on team Lee beyond a shadow of a doubt.

• Mitzi says:

I need to clarify…because there are no edit buttons. Both Ken and Nigel disgust and dumbfound me to no extend.

And when I say I’ve never found either of them to be on the up and up, I meant Ken and Nigel. NOT Lee.

39. kate says:

Well, thank goodness the entire issue can be judged and resolved so fairly and maturely in this comment section! ; )

40. spotteddog says:

This is hysterical !! I actually believe that Idol “chose” Lee to win over Crystal because it sure wasn’t relative talent – Crystal wins that game hands down. And I bet part of it was because Idol did not think Crystal would stand for being “handled” by Idol, but Lee would be a puppy dog. Hey Nigel – the puppy dog bit you and peed on your leg – nice chooin’

41. sully101 says:

OMG! Just look at their pictures: Nigel with the fake teeth, fake hair, bobbed nose, lifted face. This is a no-brainer. There is nothing about Nigel that is real, including his statements.

42. Tal says:

I dont remmber any trophy handed to lee dewyze at the finale… nigel is lying , ALSO LEE WAS BUSY PROMOTING AMERICAN IDOL IN ASIA LAST WEKK

43. JS says:

I kind of feel embarrassed asking this but who’s Lee Dewyze?

44. JamieC says:

That “photo” of Nigel looks like it’s about 30 yrs old. He’s a wrinkled old wanker and he’s not fooling anyone with that Senior picture up there.

Nigel is the last person I would believe about anything. He lied his butt off in Slezak’s interview. We are not the morons you think we are Nigel, however, you are difinitely the a$$hole we think you are. Just keep proving us right w/ your silly tweets.

45. JamieC says:

And another thing–Lee is a good guy with an awesome voice. I’m tired of hearing people making light of his Idol win, or saying he didn’t deserve it. Of course, if you like Lady Gaga type crap, Lee probably isn’t your cup of tea. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t appeal to millions of other people who happen to like singer/songwriters or WGWGs, who put their heart & soul into their music.

There. I’m done.

• violet says:

All respect to Lee, if he had “millions” of fans, why did he sell just tens of thousands of albums?

46. ladyhelix says:

If they didn’t have time for Lee to sing – I get that; I’m also VERY sure that wasn’t a decision Nigel made (or made alone). This is not “HIS” show. Lee had already performed once this season. and if he really wanted to participate he would have jumped at the chance when he was invited, whether it was 2 weeks or 2 minutes in advance. No one made any of the past idol winners any promises about “future performances” – and Lee was naive to expect it. Kids his age have such an unrealistic sense of entitlement. And yes, at the end of the day – it really DOES matter that you are able to sing in tune.

• T says:

I haven’t read anything anywhere to indicate that Lee felt that he deserved a chance to perform. I think the flack is mostly coming from his fans.

• LadyBug979 says:

Lee never said he expected to be asked!!! He said had he been asked he would have loved to have done it. But to be asked at the last minute would have looked like he was trying to steal Scotty’s limelight!!! Lee has never acted entitled!! He was always humble and gracious! He is a class act!!! Get your facts straight before you shoot off your mouth!!!

• LadyBug979 says:

I meant to say if he had been asked sooner.

• Tflank says:

Hollywood Reporter: Did you schedule a trip back from Asia so you could attend the finale?

DeWyze: My plan always was to go to the finale. As you and a lot of people know, the past winners have come back and performed so I was looking forward to performing.

• ladyhelix says:

Because if he had been asked to do the exact same thing in advance it would have somehow NOT looked like he was trying to steal Scotty’s
        limelight? (“… to be asked at the last minute would have looked like he was trying to steal Scotty’s limelight!!!”)

I am impressed that Lee inspires such passion from his fans. And that they are willing to go to war for him. Credit where credit is due.

• LadyBug979 says:

Yes to jump up there like Nigel was asking him to do after being seen in the audience but not having performed or handed over the keys to their new cars would have made it look like he was up there uninvited or as an after thought on the shows part. Which would have been humiliating for him. I’m not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying he wasn’t invited at all? Neither early or last minute? If so they are both lying. That makes no sense. If he was never invited at all why would Lee say he was invited 2 minutes before the announcement of the winner? Either way it’s a no fault on Lee the way you are seeing it. Therefore Lee is NOT acting “entitled”. Put yourself in his shoes. All but one of the past winners have sang at the finale and that one had scheduling conflicts. It was natural of Lee to think he was going to be invited to sing. What would you have thought? But again he was not the one who said anything publicly. Nigel started that. Lee was only defending himself. Again what would you have done in his shoes? He said he wasn’t upset with anyone. Yes I am a Lee fan but I would have defended any of them in this situation. That was dirty and low of Nigel to start this thing to save his own face. I’m not the only one defending Lee in this. Lots of people on here are saying they are not Lee fan’s but see this his way too. Again I’m very inpressed with Lee’s maturity and saw that about him even during last season. He handled what Nigel is doing to him now with class. Nothing immature in his response to Nigel. Someone on here posted his response to Nigel’s accusation. Look it up. He said nothing bad in his response about anyone. Only that he wasn’t invited until the last minute. And that he wasn’t upset with anyone. And even expressed his gratitude to everyone involved with the show. Where’s the entitlement in that?

47. Goat Girl says:

Nigel is a d-bag. Isn’t he dead yet. Crappy way to treat a former winner on all counts, no matter what.

48. AJ says:

As if we need another reason to hate Nigel. How does someone so high up in the television industry always manage to come off so unprofessional in every single comment he makes?

49. Buster Cretin says:

If the producers new in advance that Lee wasn’t going to perform because there was no time, THEN WHY THE HECK NOT GIVE THE GUY A CLOSE UP AND A SHOUT OUT FOR ALL OF 20 SECONDS? Oh, maybe cause THEY DIDN’T WANT HIM ON THE SHOW?

Well duh!

They ignored their own Idol, thereby diminishing the value of the title, and diminishing the show itself. If the title is so unimportant that it doesn’t merit a 20 second shout-out, then why make such a big deal of it?

Nigel is a filthy liar. Kiss this, Nigel.

50. Raye says:

Very sad that Lee was not given the opportunity to sing himself out. I agree, this diminishes the principle of the show and was totally unfair to Lee. Whether he made a ton of money or not, he was entitled to relinquish his title gracefully. I hate that the show is considering changes and making the shows decisions made by judges. At that point, it will no longer be something I enjoy. Nigel messed up this whole season with allowing Iovine to make decisions for the contestants, and himself to be on the stage watching every move that was made in virtually every episode. I have enjoyed the contestant personalities, and I think they made it fun, not the decision makers. I have always disliked Nigel on SYTYCD and seldom watch because of his God complex, playing judge and jury with peoples lives.