The Latest Weeds Buzz: Martin Short! Aidan Quinn! Details on the Time Jump and Big Move!

Martin Short and Aidan Quinn are the latest additions to the seventh season of Showtime’s Weeds, which is now confirmed to pack the one-two punch of a time jump and a major change in location.

As the season picks up starting Monday, June 27, Nancy will have just completed a three-year stint in prison, after surrendering to the Feds for the murder of Pilar Zuazo. Nancy is now on probation, and in of all places, opportunity-rich New York City. There, she’ll live out of a strictly monitored halfway house while attempting to restart the “family business” from scratch — as Andy, Silas, Shane and Doug make tracks for Manhattan after laying low in Copenhagen.

Weeds Season 7 Spoiler Alert: Scoop on Nancy’s New Life Behind Bars

Short, hot off a stellar run on Damages, will guest-star an eccentric attorney in at least three episodes, while Quinn (a cast member of NBC’s upcoming Prime Suspect) will play a charismatic investment firm CEO in at least four episodes.

Also on board for Season 7: Jennifer Jason Leigh, reprising her role as Nancy’s estranged sister Jill (who has been watching Stevie while Nancy was in the clink); David Clennon (thirtysomething) as the husband of the artist being played by Lindsay Sloane; Pablo Schreiber (Lights Out) as an army supply sergeant/brother of Nancy’s former cellmate, who helps outfit her newest endeavor; and Gary Anthony Williams (The Boondocks) as Nancy’s halfway house counselor.

Comments (47)

• How am I supposed to buy that Shane will be 3 years older than the last time I saw him? He still pretty much looks like a gawky teenager. Not sure how I feel about the time jump. They couldn’t just jump ahead one year?

Comment by scooterbeanbag – May 26, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Have you seen Alex Gould lately? he looks older than me, and I’m 19. I think it would be interesting if they add flashbacks to the interrogation process and in that way we’d get to see how Nancy and the boys managed everything.

Comment by Dan – May 26, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree it just wouldn’t be right without it and they say Stevie is with Jill how did that happen? People are going to be so lost without more details Ive been waiting all year for season 7 I would love to have more details before they start there.

Comment by Kelly – May 26, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Weeds, but the time jump is kinda anticlimactic. I was wondering how Nancy would get out of it all. What her story would be, how the arrest/interrogation/prosecution would go, and now we know she just served 3 years and that’s it. :\

Comment by Alicia – May 26, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. This show has already gotten so completely stale and stupid the last few years and I thought the idea of Nancy being in jail or on trial while the rest of the family is in Europe was actually pretty exciting and was a chance for the show to do something different. Now it’s just going to be putting the cast in yet another city and doing the same old crap they do every season.

Comment by lethargic – May 26, 2011 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just how interesting would the plot lines be with Nancy in jail? The whole show revolves around her.

Comment by bigyaz – May 26, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’d be nice if Celia returned since Elizabeth Perkins’ pilot didn’t get picked up.

Comment by Shane – May 26, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Kevin Nealon be back?if not sorry shows over

Comment by Robert D – May 26, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Read the article.

Comment by cpod – May 26, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who are you apologizing to?

Comment by Sourabh – May 26, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s apologizing because he either didn’t read the article, or he doesn’t realize that Doug is Nealon’s characters.

Comment by Jason C. Wilkerson – May 26, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True that!

Comment by Stoner420 – June 15, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its time to bring Conrad back…the show has gone nowhere since he left and its time to give him and Nancy a happy ending together…Because her and Andy just are not right together and its kinda weird

Comment by ggny – May 26, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the show has done fine without Conrad, although I would also like to see him back. They have actually tried to get the actor back, but he said on Twitter some time ago that he declined to return.

Comment by Jason C. Wilkerson – May 26, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Andy and Nancy together! They make sense. They are probably the only two people in the world that could truly understand one another. If they don’t end up together at the end, after all these seasons, I’m going to be very disappointed.

Comment by Gia – May 27, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They are meant for each other.

Comment by Stoner420 – June 15, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch but do not agree with the time jump.

Comment by luke – May 26, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where ever Genji Kohan takes Weeds ….I will follow~

Comment by rocky – May 26, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto

Comment by Sandra Dee – May 26, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dittox2!!

Comment by louietheanimated – May 26, 2011 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me three!!! And it’s Jenji.

Comment by Stoner420 – June 15, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mea Culpa- Jenji not Genji.

Comment by rocky – May 26, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is good. I thought last season was a bit of a “bridge” year anyway. I think the 3 year jump will provide for a lasting show down the road. Now all these characters have been living their lives and the show creators have an opportunity to go back and re(visit) that by introducing characters they may have met in prison, in Copenhagen. I also think the New York City setting will provide a lot of options. I am super excited.

Comment by Gus – May 26, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I think the show needed a reboot or it would risk becoming too unbelievable. It’s like the fire in Agrestic, it needed to happen this way to keep things fresh without going too far into left field. I think showing Nancy in prison would have changed the dynamic of the show by not allowing for the family interaction which is what makes the show to me.

Comment by Jason C. Wilkerson – May 26, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Weeds apologist and still love it, but I agree with everyone who misses Conrad – I really hope he comes back to the show at some point, even for an episode or two.

Also, I kind of can’t wait to see what a psycho Shane is three years after the events of last season. He was on his way to becoming a total lunatic and I loved it.

Comment by Nicole – May 26, 2011 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can blame Romany Malco for them not having Conrad back. He said on Twitter that they asked him to return for an arc, but he declined.

Comment by Jason C. Wilkerson – May 26, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Celia? I was really hoping they would bring Elizabeth Perkins back for what looks to be the final season. :(

Comment by Jarrod – May 26, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • at least Celia had a happy ending and ended up living the life she’d always wanted

Comment by joche – May 26, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate martin short.. thankfully he wont be in the show for long… but cant wait for the new season..

Comment by Veronica – May 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been a weeds fan since the beginning. My ringtone is even the little boxes song. I did see a sneak peek of the season which showed them interrogating nancy. I’ve been hoping for a long time they’d bring back conrad and I thought it mite happen last season when they went to detroit because I recall an episode in season 2 where there was talk of them buying a house in detroit next to hailyas sister when she had to shut down shop because of peter scottson. Anyways I heart weeds and thought they brought it back nicely with the season finale

Comment by lynzy – May 26, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And where is the baby supposed to be? With Esteban?

Comment by SF – May 26, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The baby is with Nancy’s sister.

Comment by Dieseled – May 26, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weeds has been one of the best shows that has brought the realism of true things that happen in life and culture and keeps some great plots of the marijuana nation that keeps getting stronger and learning how to survive a death or to ..what we learn from the show and humour that surrounds it keeps me watching and rewatching ..if we are in the last season I hope we can get a spin off at least from them…great show great cast love the jenji keeps me on my toes Showtime will be on at my house in June for sure …

Comment by chris – May 26, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I 2nd that!!! Finally someone who understands!

Comment by rocky – May 26, 2011 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate when shows do huge time jumps. They always spend the next season or two showing a bunch of flash backs about what happened.
    If those years were so eventful why not just show it “as it happens”?

Comment by Dieseled – May 26, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Celia (Elizabeth Petkins) back a.s.a.p As far as I am concerned she was the funniest character on the show!! Then Doug!! Haha!!!

Comment by Matt – May 27, 2011 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so applaud the time shift… Shane was looking too old for his character and needed to grow into it… I wonder if they will really are shooting in NY or a fake NY???? This show has been kept fresh… Doesn’t hurt that early episodes now run all the time on TV Guide Network thought I suppose when they get to some of the season 5 scenes of MLP, they’ll need to do some cutting or covering.. They probably need to cut anyway to allow for commercials now…

Comment by Doug-H – May 27, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad I have to wait for it to come to Netflix. I don’t have showtime. But I can’t wait to see all my Botwin boys again. More spefically Silas ;)

Comment by Caitlyn Marie – May 27, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has been one of the best Ive watched so far. I have been a fan since Season 1 Ep:1. Instant! I was a little bored with last season. Season 5 was the wackiest, seasons 1-4 were terrific! I dont want to see them drag this show out to an end that makes people say “yawn”. Jenji…awesome job! Thank you for 6 years of laughter and excitement. I will watch season 7, just out of pure fan’dom!

Comment by Ray S – May 27, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the baby went to Copenhagen with Andy and the gang.

Comment by Snsetblaze – May 27, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh wait, now I remember. Sorry, senior moment.

Comment by Snsetblaze – May 27, 2011 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i want Doug’s gay son to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is sooooo hottttt!

Comment by Bubbalol – May 30, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just give me one more scene with Nancy across Esteban lap getting her bottom spanked and my life will be complete. Best film spanking ever.

Comment by Jimne48 – June 2, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for June 27th! I really hope Conrad, Helia and Celia come back at some point–just didn’t get enough closure from those story lines. I also never got closure from the Megan/Silas story line from season 2.

Comment by Court – June 2, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doug’s gay son is on “Shameless” now.

Comment by Jenna Magia – June 7, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty stoked about the time jump. It always rubbed me the wrong way how huge Alex Gould gets between Seasons 3 and 4, when only two years were supposed to pass within the show itself.

Best show on TV, currently.

Comment by D – June 11, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated Haylia but I’d be more than glad to see Conrad back. I’d love to see Celia and all of the Hodes – they’re hilarious. The new guest stars don’t interest me. I wish they could bring back Guillermo, Esteban, Kat and Megan or Quinn. One of the many reasons why I’ve been watching this show was the hot guys that paraded in it (Judah, Conrad, Guillermo, Esteban). If there isn’t one AND they don’t bring back the Hodes, I don’t think I’ll watch next season.

Comment by indcit – June 16, 2011 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post