First up, Sons of Anarchy, which will welcome former Prison Break star Rockmond Dunbar as Charming’s new no-nonsense sheriff, TVGuide.com reports. Dunbar‘s multi-episode arc on the FX hit’s fourth season puts the new law enforcer at odds with SAMCRO, whose days of having the law in their hands has long passed. The actor most recently played a cop on FX’s short-lived Terriers.
Showtime’s Dexter is also adding some new blood to the gang in Season 6, casting Billy Brown (aka Light’s Out‘s Death Row Reynolds) as Miami Metro’s new feather-ruffling detective, reports The Hollywood Reporter. Expect Dexter to be perturbed — he’s not a fan of change.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Onetime tennis superstar Anna Kournikova has signed on as The Biggest Loser’s newest trainer. The athlete makes her debut on the NBC weight-loss reality hit in September when the series’ 12th season premieres.
• MTV is once again capitalizing on the success of its underage reality programming with a new pilot: Married Young. According to EW.com, the one-hour docu-series will follow “the trials and tribulations of newly wedded couples” — young ones.
• Praise Jebus! VH1 is reviving its cult hit Pop Up Video after a near 10-year hiatus, The Hollywood Reporter says. Sixty half-hour episodes have been ordered of the music video-mocking series, set to bow this fall.
• History Channel has greenlit The Hatfields and McCoys, per Deadline, a miniseries about the infamous feuding families. The epic event, starring and produced by Kevin Costner, will make its debut in 2012, coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the war between the two households.
• Cable news talking head Nancy Grace is leaving her post at syndicated series Swift Justice due to production relocation from Los Angeles to Atlanta. Grace will continue her titular crime-hunting series on CNN Headline News. Jackie Glass, the judge who sent OJ Simpson to prison back in 2008, will take over Swift‘s gavel bangin’ duties next season.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today? Hit the comments!