Report: X Factor Shakes Up Judges! Cheryl Cole Out? Nicole Scherzinger In?

Cheryl Cole, the fellow Brit X Factor judge who followed Simon Cowell to the US offshoot, has reportedly been ousted from Fox series by none other than Nicole Scherzinger — aka the former Pussycat Doll who was set to serve as the American edition’s co-host.

Fall TV Preview: Check Out X Factor and 7 Other New Fox Shows

There’s no word on what exactly caused the supposed shakeup — though by one account, it may have been a concern that Cole’s heavy accent would be hard for American viewers to understand, coupled with a lack of chemistry with fellow judge Paula Abdul. Whatever the case, TMZ hears that it was only recently decided, just two weeks into the judges’ oversight of the audition rounds, to have Scherzinger join Cowell and famed music producer L.A. Reid at the dais when the reality competition series makes its debut this September.

A Fox spokesperson did not immediately respond to our request for comment.

If Scherzinger has moved to the judging table, it is speculated that Brit personality Steve Jones will act as the sole emcee of X Factor.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Controversy, News, Reality TV

1. Phill says:

noooo please tell me this is wrong i love cherylll and nicole have no personality:(

2. Paul says:

Simon should of brought Danni Minogue over instead of Cheryl Cole

3. VR says:

I live in the US and loved Cheryl Cole on the British X Factor. I was so excited to see her make it to the US X Factor. Sad, if this is true. But what I am most curious about is, since the cat is out of the bag, why is FOX staying mum about it. I would have thought they would have been rushing a press release about this this morning. What is the big hold up? BTW, she is still featured on X Factor’s web site as one of the judges. It is only fair for everyone involved for FOX to clear this thing up. I still wish it were not true. If anything, replace loony Paula with Nicole, that would be better.

4. Stefan says:

I will absolutely not be watching X-Factor now, I was only going to watch because of Cheryl. There is no way I would be able to put up with Paula now.

5. Carissa Joy says:

The only reason I was genuinely excited to watch was for Cheryl. I had watched her previous UK X Factor seasons on YouTube & honestly became a fan. She’s an excellent judge & obviously knows what she’s doing, seeing as how she’s won back-to-back seasons on the UK version. I was absolutely floored when TMZ first reported her “alleged” firing. There hasn’t been any official confirmation yet, so I still have some hope. But in this case, Cheryl Cole IS the X Factor, and without her, I won’t be tuning in.

6. Dave says:

oh, come on, I’m italian and i understand Cheryl Cole perfectly…i actually think her accent would have been the nicest thing on the US X factor…now it’s just BLAH without her…and she came from a talent too, has been a huge carreer in the uk in her girlband, and recently a huge carreer as a judge on the x factor (in 3 seasons, she won 2 times with Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry and placed second last season with Rebecca Ferguson) and as a solo artist.
    She was perfect for the job for many reasons, and has a potential to become a star in the US too…such a shame, no x factor for me in september….sorry, paula and simon, been there done that.