Law & Order: SVU Debate: Who Should Replace Chris Meloni Next Season?

I’m not happy that Law & Order: SVU‘s Chris Meloni is retiring his badge after 12 years. Not happy at all. But rather than throw myself a pity party to which you would have all been invited, I’ve decided to channel my negative energy into something positive: finding my girl Mariska Hargitay a new partner before she steps away from the beat full-time at midseason. Here are, for my money, the folks Dick Wolf should be courting:

| Jason Clarke: Since Chicago Code‘s premature cancellation, he’s a free agent. But, if Wolf is smart — and I think we know he is — he’ll transfer the star from the Windy City to the Big Apple ASAP.

| Michael Chiklis: No Ordinary Family didn’t take off, and his CBS pilot, Vince Uncensored, didn’t even get picked up. Maybe these are signs that it’s time for the former Shield lead to go back to the beat?

| Dermot Mulroney: Though the groom from My Best Friend’s Wedding is primarily a movie actor, we know he’s open to doing TV. Remember, last season he was all set to headline NBC’s ill-fated Rockford Files reboot. So, assuming he’s willing and able, SVU should start preparing an offer now.

| Scott Wolf: Not only does V’s cancellation make him available, but, if Jennifer Love Hewitt does end up succeeding Hargitay, we’d get the Party of Five reunion that everybody’s been waiting for! (OK, the PO5 reunion I’ve been waiting for.)

| Charlie Sheen: On the plus side, the former Two and a Half Men lead comes with his own personal library of sex-crime stories. On the down side… um… see also: the plus side.

1. abc123 says:

Jeremy Sisto stars on ABC’s Suburgatory, so he won’t be available.

• Karrie says:

From that list, I choose Michael Chiklis although I’d rather see someone like Dylan McDermott come onto the scene!

• Deb says:

YES!! Dylan McDermott is an amazing choice!!

• Joseph says:

BTW , all of those choices are pretty horrible , no need to hire a man or a person that can not act for this show , get someone please that has a solid Dramatic education plus no less then 20+ years of solid experience.

• Reality says:

So by your own list of qualifications you outlined…some of those people should stay on the “pretty horrible” list as they meet your standards. Winner.

• Deena says:

Jeremy would have been the only acceptable choice but that’s because I am bias to him being one of the best actors around right now and he has L&O experience. I hope his new show does well because I miss seeing him on TV.

• Vince says:

And so? Looks like a piece of junk another UNFUNNY Sitcom

2. Leithen says:

How about Idris Elba?

• kimmie says:

Idris!!! Beautiful choice. It would be kinda cool if Lee Tergesen came in.

• Michael says:

(Accidentally posted part of this as its own reply to the whole article, rather than a reply here.)

Elba is a great choice, but he’s already doing a police drama called “Luther” for BBC – and that series allows him to showcase character far more than any L&O series would.

• bmo says:

he’s on luther on bbc and got an emmy and golden globe nom.

• Mish says:

I love the idea of Idris!!!

• T says:

If they can get Idris Elba, I’m sure he’ll find a way to do both. Might be my wishful thinking. Wasn’t he nominated in the acting mini-series/movie category though?? If so maybe “Luther” isn’t a regular deal and he has the time. I vote hire him and let him have a super hot steamy affair with Olivia that causes her to take a leave of absence from the force. Mariska said she’s only going to be on part of the season so send her out in style!!! And for the love of all things holy…..do not replace her with Jen Love Hewitt!!

3. Charlie says:

Tom Welling needs to be back on my screen YESTERDAY! He should be considered and I will definitely tune in!

• Marsha says:

• Jules says:

Tom Welling would be excellent! I would so like to watch the show again. I hope he would consider doing a series.

I was hoping that WB would put Tom Welling and Erica Durance on a guest starring role for Hawaii 50, though… the possibilities could really be fun.

• sommer says:

Tom Welling would be an excellent choice. He has really grown during his years on Smallville and I would love to see him in something with a bit more meat on it like SVU.

BTW I would have loved to see Elliot and Olivia hook up before they disappeared…. *sigh*

• Jerome says:

I would love to see Tom Welling back on tv so soon but it would be really weird watching him fight crime the normal way.

4. Kelly says:

Write in vote: Scott Cohen.

• Blake says:

He was fabulous in L&O: Trial By Jury.

• Rock Golf says:

Is it too late to add Terry O’Quinn (John Locke from LOST)?

• Joseph says:

I think the show needs to stay away from pretty , my choice would be Zeljko Ivanek, he has a lot of experience and even knows Chris.

• Toni says:

How about bringing back one of the originals…
      Dean Winters.

Good actor, has sex appeal, more mature now, etc.
      And he left in good standing so the story line won’t be
      very disrupted by transferring him back into the squad.

I know he is doing those insurance commercials now, but I’m sure with the right inducement he could be interested.

• Emma says:

YES!!!! OMG YES!!!!

Thank you for suggesting this. They’ll never go for it, but Dean Winters would be PERFECT. I always thought he was great on SVU – he had that little brother funny side, but was good-looking, a great actor, and fit with the team. Plus him and Benson had that little somethin-somethin….

Only guy I’d watch frankly. It would be such a nice full-circle too.

• Mandy says:

Couldn’t agree more. Perfect choice! That would really shake things up and reward the long time fans.
        Can’t imagine anyone but Stabler, but Dean Winters is a good second choice.

5. Dave says:

Why doesn’t NBC just use Richard Belzer and Ice-T more, get Stephanie March and/or Diane Neal back on board, proceed with Mariska as planned for the half-season and the let SVU have a dignified finish next spring? Anyone? Bueller?

• Bueller says:

Agreed!

• Iris says:

I also agree!

• Sarah says:

Thank you! Thank you! I totally and wholeheartedly agree. I love SVU I think it needs to end gracefully and not be dragged on and on. 13 years is a LONG time to be on TV.

• DJ Rogue says:

MUNCH!

• Danielle H. says:

God he’s my fave. Best line of the series is when Finn and Munch went on a sting undercover and the guy asked Finn who Munch was and Finn says: “He’s my jew.” ROFL….. But seriously.. if the show feels crappy at all I call for an end next spring. Dermot Mulroney would be an interesting choice, and the only one I would even want to watch out of the options.

• Bill Dauphin says:

I halfway agree: I definitely think they should move Fin and Munch to the foreground, but I don’t think that needs to end the show. They can backfill with a new team of detectives (maybe including TJ from L&O:LA, after he gets cashiered from LAPD for going off chasing his partner’s killers) and just keep on going. Personnel turnover has *always* been a feature, not a bug, in the L&O universe; Benson and Stabler being around as long as they have has been the exception, not the rule.

• Ally says:

Couldn’t agree with you more re: munch and fin, and the personel turnover.

I would love to see some new talent a junior detective role being mentored by munch and fin, but not taking the lead roles.

• CandaceTX says:

Promote Finn to partner with Olivia. That would be amazing!!!

The dynamic with Olivia mourning the loss of Elliot and taking it out on Finn. With Finn working now with Olivia, he peels back the mystique of Olivia the chosen one and sees that she might not be all that and maybe exposes some of the flaws that she has been able to keep hidden in her partnership with Stabler. Jealousy from Munch because Finn is now with Olivia. The Captain’s role would be elevated because he now has to control all of this mess.

Bring in a new partner for Munch… one that we could get to know slowly.. in small drips instead of being to ask to fall in love with Stabler’s replacement from jump. Munch should test drive a few… imagine how much fun it will be to watch Munch mentoring/discarding newbies.

This way, we can meet what could be the next wave of SVU in the backstory, instead of being thrown a replacement for the nearly irreplaceable Stabler.

go this route and it could breathe new life into the show.

Having said all that… if NBC doesnt want to go that route, I nominate John Stamos as Meloni’s replacement. That would be my Plan B.

• MJ says:

I mentioned this in another post, but bringing John Stamos back as a cop after he just guest starred this season as another “disturbing” character would be a little awkward and hard to explain.

• CandaceTX says:

they recycle guest stars all the time. In fact, Casey was a perp before she landed as the DA.

• Angelia says:

Stabler is definitely not nearly irreplaceable… he is completely irreplaceable. I loved him. I am not happy at all. I guess I have been under a rock for a little bit now. I had no idea until tonight. I am going to miss him so much. I love SVU and it just will not be the same. I am hoping I wake up tomorrow to realize this is all a dream. I do like your idea of bringing in the newbies with Munch. I think if we have to lose Stabler, that would be an acceptable situation. I am so sad… I am going to sleep and hopefully awaken from this nightmare with Stabler still on the show :-(

• Suncatcher says:

I thought I read somewhere recently that Ice T is also leaving SVU and will not be around for Season 13. Didn’t he get his own show? I also thought it was with his real life wife and a comedy.

• lovetorun says:

agreed! great idea, i love them and they dont get nearly enough screen time!

• Kelly says:

I agree. There is no one who can possibly replace Chris Meloni. They already have these other actors in established roles so I say keep at it with these two, allow Mariska to exit gracefully and close up shop next spring.

• Emma says:

Agreed. Only realistic way I see this show having a dignified ending.

6. C Dubbs says:

Mariska would tower over Bailey but he gets my vote.

7. Karen says:

None of the above. Meloni is irreplaceable. They should just bad the show. No Meloni, less Mariska–what’s the point?

• Deena says:

I am with you. SVU is now dead to me.

• b says:

I was sad to hear about Mariska’s plans and now this. This probably means I, too, will stop watching. SVU is the ONLY show I have faithfully watched, not since year one but I think year 3.

• Alex says:

Agree 100%. SVU’s goose is cooked without Chris and Mariska. They really should just pack it up and be done with it.

If they really have to go with another season make it 13 episodes and use it to wrap things up gracefully. And what about that dude from The Cape, David Lyons? Bring him in for the final 13 and call it a day.

8. Down with NBCU says:

Another show being destroyed because of NBCU’s greed. It’s a shame.

• Steve says:

I blame Meloni. No doubt he wanted an insane amount of money to continue with the show. Why should NBCU have to give it to him?

• Tom says:

I agree. Meloni is a great actor and I understand he wants to make a good living, but these are hard economic times and with NBC in fourth place out of the five major networks, it just seems greedy for him to want a pay raise, especially when they granted him and Hargitay upgrades two or three years ago.

• Mikey says:

First, NBC is in 4th place due to their own poor management of the entire 2010/2011 season, starting w/the whole Leno at 10p…and it went downhill from there. 2nd – why is everyone acting like CM doesn’t have the right to ask for MORE $$$? 12 years and he makes less than 500K per episode while Charlie Sheen was making 1M for a 1/2 hour comedy? Just the emotional aspect of SVU certainly has earned Chris more $$$.
          All that said…with all the other changes being made to SVU, I agree with others that the show should just end with dignity. But if they do decide to continue with the show (altho I don’t believe it will do well), I’d like to see one of the detectives from L&O (any past season) return or Jason Clarke from Chicago Code.

• Dav says:

The money wasn’t really the issue it was just the excuse he used to finally leave. Chris has been talking about leaving the show for the past 5 years. The only reason he returned was because NBC made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. But that was 5 years ago. Now he’s just tired of doing the show and wants to move on to something else. He asked for an increase that he knew they wouldn’t be able to meet so now he can bow out and blame it on NBC instead of having all the rabid fans get mad at him for quitting.

9. Cari says:

How about Scott Patterson, now that the Event is gone? I’ve always wanted to see Luke Danes as a cop.

• Laney says:

I second Scott Patterson! It would have to be someone really spectacular to get me to watch without the Eliot/Olivia dynamic — let’s face it, that continuing relationship is what has set SVU apart from all the other L&Os.

Tom Welling would be fabulous, but I’m betting he’s planning on working behind the camera for a while to give Clark Kent some space before he moves on to another show or movies.

• Cathy B says:

Excellent suggestion, that would be great.

10. Adam says:

I’m still stung from TCC’s cancellation so I’m all for Jason Clarke joining SVU. This might sound absurd, but I think NBC should somehow secure the rights to the Wysocki character and have him transfer from Chicago to New York after finding about his brother being a dirty cop.

• Michael says:

That would only cause SVU’s costs to rise, because Shawn Ryan and anyone else involved in “The Chicago Code” who could be credited as creators of Wysocki would then earn royalties for every single SVU episode he would appear in under your dream.

• MikeB says:

Not that absurd, since the Detective Munch character came over from “Homocide: Life on the Street.”

• Chel says:

ITA!!! Jason Clarke is awesome and perfect for the role!

11. Kelly says:

Ok, write in vote #2: Jason Beghe.

12. J says:

Bring back Stephanie March/Alex Cabot!

13. Danny says:

I know The Aus is being silly … Scott Wolf is the kiss of death for any show since “Party of Five.” No one watched “The Chicago Code,” so no one cares about that actor; Michael Chiklis has no sex appeal; Dermot Mulroney is a decent idea; and Charlie Sheen – funny. How about a real actor, with sex appeal, maturity, and experience? DENNIS QUAID … I think casting him on a beloved long-running drama is inspired.

• Jamie says:

No one watched the Chicago Code? That is rubbish. Jason Clarke would be awesome on this show but I don’t see this show lasting much longer, thus, I want Jason Clarke on a NEW show that has staying power.

Ideally, I would love it if some other network, or perhaps, FX could pick up the Chicago Code. Such an amazing show!

• Anna says:

Jason Clarke is a real actor, he also starred in Brotherhood.

• CandaceTX says:

John Stamos!

• MJ says:

Didn’t he just guest star as a serial impregnator? That would be awkward…

• CandaceTX says:

They recycle their guest stars all the time.

I saw an episode where Diane Neal (Casey) was an SVU perp named Amelia Chased BEFORE she landed the role as DA.

\

• MJ says:

Yeah, but John Stamos is a bigger name, and he JUST guest starred. Gotta give enough some time in between to make him be a new character. Don’t get me wrong. I would love to see him on the show, I just think there hasn’t been enough time passed.

14. Chatty says:

How about nobody? Since there is nothing we can do about Meloni leaving, and ‘Olivia’ is getting promoted, I think Dick Wolf “the show wrecker” should put the focus on Finn and Munch, then bring back either Stephanie March or Diane Lane for the ADA job. Oh, and while he’s at it, he should also bring back the original Law & Order.

15. Clay says:

The only way I see myself watching SVU next season is if Jason Clarke or Michael Chiklis is in the lead.

16. Louise says:

How about @ NBC just get off your arses and give Chris meloni his job back. No one can take his or Mariska’s place. They are the ones u made that show what it is today. Anyone who says different is a knob. Sorry If I offend but it needs to be said. Oh way to kick a man when he’s down, he has been out the door 2 minutes and you’re looking for his replacement already! Tactful much!!!

• Laney says:

ITA with most of what you said, but they do have to go ahead and replace him immediately if they’re going to — filming on most shows begins in July, and they strung him (and us, the way I figure) along so long that they’re probably getting desperate to get someone cast and working in time.

• David says:

NBC strung Him along?? Oh, so you were there in the room as they were negotiation, huh? People need to stop making stupid comments about things they don’t know. Do we even know how much money Chris was asking for? For all you know it could have been some incredible outrageous sum.

• Mandy says:

You people don’t get it. Chris doesn’t WANT the job. He’s just using the money as an excuse.

17. Michael says:

Leithen: Elba is a great choice (for almost anything, as far as I’m concerned), but he’s already doing a police drama called “Luther” for BBC.

• Leithen says:

I know, but the way BBC series work, they’re self-contained, not ongoing. There’s no guarantee there will be another “series” of that.

• Mikael says:

Plus, in luther he did mention “munch” to help with a case involving an american criminal. so making a leap over the pond with people he kind of knew would be interesting.

18. Kat says:

Sad if Elliot really does not come back, How about Wentworth Miller or Naveen Andrews? They had good chemistry already with Benson

• Allison says:

YES to Naveen Andrews! Great suggestion.
      Though I am not sure anything will get me to watch if after 12 season’s Elliot’s exit is off-camera. He needs a proper send off but I have heard no mention of him appearing in 1 or 2 eps to resolve his character.

• Ace says:

I’m sure he’ll get a decent sendoff. And Naveen Andrews is a great idea! I love the idea of bringing in an already-established character.

• CandaceTX says:

Naveen… ooooh yummy. Mama like.

• MJ says:

Wentworth Miller is an excellent choice! Weren’t they going to try to come up with a way to bring him back? Dominic Purcell would be another good one. I’m missing Prison Break. :-(

19. Blake says:

Just let her team up with Munch or Ice-T.

20. Lynn says:

Finn and Munch are SUPPORTING CHARACTERS they are not leads. You don’t focus on supporting characters, even Alex and Casey are supporting.

Nobody they need to do whatever it takes to get Chris back. Might as well just cancel the show

• Bill Dauphin says:

“Finn and Munch are SUPPORTING CHARACTERS they are not leads.”

Where is this written in stone? They’re only supporting characters currently because Benson and Stabler are the leads… but they’re no less experienced as detectives, nor any less interesting as people: Give them the lead stories, and hey, presto, they’re leads!

21. Jane says:

How about Ice-T. He’s already there and my favorite detective. How awesome would that be? I felt that they should have traded off more stories with Beson/ Stabler and Fin/ Munch all along anyway. Maybe then Mariska wouldn’t feel the need to step down mid season to part time. If not, and I know this is typecasting, but Detective Scanlon (David Cubitt) from Medium would be a good replacement. Or, maybe they should try something completely different and give Olivia a female partner.

22. Katie says:

Ick — the only one of those I could even remotely stomach would be Jason Clarke … and that’s because I don’t know who he is. I think they should bump up Ice-T to be Liv’s partner. Or bring back Naveen Andrews who guest starred last season.

23. amy says:

Why not bring Dean Winters back? He was on SVU in the very early years and I think he’d fit right in. I don’t want to leave as Mayhem though :)

• Reese says:

I was also thinking that Dean Winters should be brought back. I loved watching him in the early episodes.

• pffreese says:

No wonder in the back of my mind I was thinking Dean Winters. I forgot he was on it at the beginning. He’s too busy causing trouble on insurance commercials now. “I’m a teenage girl…” Love it.

24. Jon says:

Joel Gretsch
    formerly of “V”

25. Monique says:

No new partner for Olivia. I don’t think she will get a new one anyway. She’ll prolly get some rookie by her side to train him until she gets that promotion during the second half of the season.
    Elliot is and always has been her partner. That’s how it should end.

and yes I agree with Louise. Why are people already looking for a new partner. We just got the news. Lets mourn his loss first. (in SVU he could pretty much be dead.)

I hope they’ll give his character some good closure and can convince him to atleast come back for 1 or 2 episodes to close his “storyline” with Olivia. I think the show and the characters (and we aswell) deserve that.

• Ace says:

I nominate Matt Lauria, Zach Gilford, Michael B Jordan, Taylor Kitch — pretty much any FNL alumnus — to be the rookie she trains!

26. Tom says:

Corey Stoll from Law & Order: LA. Say what you will about the writing and the acting, but Stoll’s Det. Jaruszalski is one of the bright spots of the show.

27. Maxwell Haddad says:

Corey Stoll. As long as he has hair and no mustache.

28. January says:

Marcia Gay Harden, without a doubt is the best person. . .even though her character is FBI.

• Lu says:

I was thinking why not another woman. Who says it has to be a guy? They already have guys on the show. The ADA could be a guy? switch gender roles.

It is almost like a reboot of a show. A chance to try a new story. All those out there who won’t watch… well, see it as a different version of the same show. Not every show gets a chance at metamorphosis. Most just get axed. By the way, I haven’t watched the show in years… maybe I will check it out and see if I connect with new characters.

• maryb889 says:

Love MGH idea … no reason she can’t leave the FBI and come to NYPD …

29. Mikaylah says:

The Chicago Code was fantastic, as was Jason Clarke. I think he is the only acceptable name mentioned. I will probably keep watching after Meloni leaves, at the very least to see who they bring in, but if it isn’t working then I guess no more SVU for me. Chemistry is everything, and Olivia/Elliot had it.

30. CAM says:

Well, what I’d really like to see is Jason Clarke unavailable because he’s Chicago Code ends up back on the aire. (Still angry about that cancellation.) This is a great idea though. Dermot Mulroney and Scott Wolf would also be great choices.

31. I posted this theory elsewhere, but here it is again:

* Hire Jason Dohring (VERONICA MARS, MOONLIGHT) and Parminder Nagra (ER, BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM) as new detectives. But also — and I know this is crazy talk — actually write some storylines for Munch and Cragen! It was a terrible mistake to ever let the show become focused entirely on two characters with the occasional “Oh, there’s Ice-T. Let’s let him ride with one of the leads while the other is filming scenes for the next episode” moment.

* Replace the departing B.D. Wong with Catherine McCormick (Dr. Elizabeth Olivet from the original series, also seen on Criminal Intent). And give her actual material and storylines.

* Hire Daryl “Chill Mitchell” (ED) as a full-time prosecutor, nodding toward the fact that the real-life special victims bureau handles elder abuse and crimes where the disabled are victims. (Mitchell uses a wheelhchair.) And give him actual material and storylines and … wait for it … consecutive appearances.

32. Sahin says:

Damn it.
    SVU wouldn’t be SVU without Chris.
    He and Gerard Butler are my role models.
    So if anyone should replace him I think Gerry would be good.

33. Mike says:

Maybe they should just start right away with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Then when Mariska goes to pt bring someone else in. Maybe Adam Baldwin from Chuck, as he’ll be free then.

• Ace says:

If Adam Baldwin is on SVU, I will actually start watching it again. I LOVE HIM. (And maybe we can get Summer Glau, Morena Baccarin, or Gina Torres to replace Mariska instead of the nauseating JLH.)

• MJ says:

Everyone does keep suggesting a man to replace Meloni. How about a female partner? JLH is an OK choice, but there are better actresses out there who would be a better fit. But I agree to bring on a person earlier in the season to make the transition a little more smoother.

34. HRU says:

Can not vote for any of your choices but Gary Dordan perhaps or say maybe William Fitchner?

35. Arelys says:

Christopher Meloni is irreplaceable.

36. Toby Wan says:

Corey Stoll. He is doing great work on LA, and, his character is the “risky” type of cop to do SVU. He would be an amazing(and CHEAP, NBC!) choice.

• Bill Dauphin says:

Anybody know how Stoll’s Mexican killers storyline is likely to play out in the remaining eps of L&O:LA? It may be that the character would naturally end up needing a change of venue. OTOH, they may already have killed him off, and we just don’t know it yet.

37. chris says:

what about wentworth miller, i thought he was really good in his guest starring role in the season 11 premiere and would love to have more about his character

38. yvette says:

I WANT JASON DOHRING JASON DOHRING. JASON DOHRING JASON DOHRING

39. ElsieM says:

Unless The Event finds another home for Season Two – I’d like to see Zeljko Ivanek on SVU. He’s *always* compelling. And a good shot.

• Toni says:

Zeljko Ivanek is a fantastic actor, but a bit on the mature side to be playing a new detective. I would love to see him on the show though. Perhaps it’s time for Lt. Cragan to move on?

40. Alex says:

I am distraught that Christopher Meloni is leaving. The show cnnot possibly be as compelling without him and Mariska working together.
    But I do like the idea of Dermot Mulroney being on my TV again – and it would be great to see him in a gritty role.

41. Annie says:

Additional write-in vote for Corey Stoll.

42. Allison says:

Whatever happened with Adam Beach’s character on SVU? I can’t remember but he might be a good fit with JLH when she joins the show (unless his character died and I just forgot!).

43. Zturk says:

Is Adrian Pasdar up to anything ? He was phenomenal in Profit and already has a relationship with NBC from Heroes.

• Livia says:

Ooo! Nice idea! I loved him as the “bad” agent on Castle. I think he would be a great replacement. I also agree regarding Naveen Andrews as well.

44. KoleBigEars says:

There needs to be a option on the poll to just END THE SHOW already. CM and MH MAKE the show what it is…I will not be watching next season.

45. Leah says:

My first choice would be just to end the show, I watch for chris and mariska. But, I do like the jason clarke suggestion, he would be good on svu.

46. Dina says:

Dermot Mulroney

47. T McNeil says:

If age isn’t an issue, I’d say William Sadler or William Fichtner would be solid choices. But I have a feeling SVU will want to look a little less aged. There are surely tons of talented actors in NY who could use the exposure and steady paycheck, so why not have an open casting call? But I would love to see Ben Browder on the air in something that isn’t sci-fi specific.

48. Megalion says:

My write in vote: SCOTT BAKULA (or I 2nd the above for Wentworth Miller)

• Sandy says:

SB is already staring in Men of A Certain Age on TNT.

• Bill Dauphin says:

True, and I love that show and wouldn’t want to see him leave it… but I also recall reading somewhere that they didn’t intend for that project to have a lengthy run, anyway. Dunno if that’s true (and at this point I can’t even remember where I read it), but if it is, maybe Bakula would be available in the not-too-distant future. And while we’re talking about the MoaCA cast, maybe Frank Pembleton (Andre Braugher) could come come visit Munch in some capacity.

49. Kat says:

I also blame CM….he thinks he’s irreplacable so most likely asked for an enormous raise. I too will miss him, but there’s many who can take his place. My two votes would be Idris Elba and Jason Clarke. I absolutley loved Chicago Code and still can’t believe it was cancelled. Jason was top notch as Wysocki and he will definatly be missed. Idris is wonderful as Luther so I doubt he would be interested. Somebody needs to put Jason back in front of the camera soon…

50. Barb says:

The reason the show works so well is because of the two main characters. Stabler and Benson. They have a certain chemistry that takes the show to a different level. I don’t think anyone else can replace Chris Meloni and I don’t think they should try and find a replacement. They should either negotiate his contract with him or cancel the show. As much as I would hate to see the show canceled, I can’t imagine this show without both actors.

Really sad!