Law & Order: CI Scoop: James Van Der Beek Joins Social Network-Esque Episode

The Beek is back — and channeling his inner-Sean Parker with a Law & Order: CI guest spot.

Before returning to TV full-time with the midseason ABC comedy Apartment 23, James Van Der Beek will pop up on a Social Network-flavored installment of the USA Network procedural, TVLine has exclusively learned.

The actor is set to play Rex Tamlyn, an overconfident, hard-partying playboy and partner in a Facebook-Like website devoted to “connecting people who share fleeting romantic encounters.” The pulled-from-the-headlines aspect of the episode involves a lawsuit surrounding a stolen idea. The not-so-true-to-life part: Two dead bodies turn up in the company’s office. (In that respect, Mark Zuckerberg really lucked out!)

Also appearing in episode are Thad Luckinbill (Nikita) and his identical twin, Trent, who, of course, are playing the Winklevoss-ian defendants.

Law & Order: CI‘s 10th (and technically final) season is in full-swing on USA (airing Sundays at 9/8c). Look for Beek’s episode this summer.

Comments (8)

• “technically” final season? how is it technically the finale season?

Comment by Billie – May 25, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Billie, if I remember correctly, this season was announced as the last one – with only 9 episodes – unless the ratings picked up and gave Wolf a reason to save the show.

Comment by Chatty – May 25, 2011 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, he was HILARIOUS on ONe Tree Hell and good on Criminal Minds.

Comment by lorna – May 25, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you mean probably Dawsons Creek, not One Tree Hill

Comment by anntistatic – May 26, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he guessed star in OTH, last season I think, personally I wasn’t a fan of his part… and I found him very irratating in Dawson’s creek…

Comment by claire – May 26, 2011 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I remember now, that he was guest on One Tree Hill two years ago, so Im sorry.. :) Both shows were shoot in Wilmington, so I have mess with actors and their characters.. :D

Comment by anntistatic – May 26, 2011 03:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s ok. :) LOL I only have 3 seasons of Dawson’s Creek, and while I used to be a die hard OTH fan, DC is FAR superior.

Comment by lorna – June 5, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, especially now that Goren and Eames are back. I hope they extend the season beyond 9 episodes. And where the heck is Carver!? Loved that guy!

Comment by Uganda – May 26, 2011 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post