Scoop: Dexter Snags Edward James Olmos

Battlestar Galactica vet Edward James Olmos has booked a major role on the upcoming sixth season of Dexter, a Showtime rep confirms to TVLine.

Olmos will play a brilliant and charismatic professor of religious studies. The actor joins recently announced Season 6 guest stars Colin Hanks and Mos.

The news comes a day before Dexter is set to resume production in Los Angeles.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. jooshua says:

Dexter season 6 is turning out to be a star studded affair.. Awesomeness!

2. Alex says:

Wow. This cast is looking incredible. Here’s hoping Lumen doesn’t return…

3. Cameron says:

Awesome. Just awesome. Between this and Danny Trejo being cast in Sons of Anarachy, I’m in casting heaven.

4. Jess says:

Can we have a cross over with this and Mary McDonnell’s new show *Major Crimes* :))

5. Ashley says:

I actually LOVED the Lumen story line. It really hit me. Watching them back to back On Demand made it feel really intense.

But this casting is AMAZING news! I was kinda “meh” about Hanks but this has me stoked!

6. Amber says:

Very, VERY positively excited about this :D

7. bmo says:

olmos back in miami, first the vice and now dexter, very cool, season 6 is looking prety good

8. Ruby says:

HELL YES!! I will love this man forever for his Bill Adama.

9. PV says:

This show works so dang hard to make me watch it…..populating its cast with people I ADORE. FIne, I cave, I’ll go buy the 1st season and catch up this summer.

(For those wondering why I’m not watching, I have issues watching horror tv/film…I don’t like watching CSI :P)

10. Bob says:

Wait…will this still allow him time to do the Green Hornet sequel? :-D

11. Meera says:

Season 5 was crap…I’m keeping my fingers cross for S6. Love Dexter anyways.

12. amoree says:

Holy (obscenity) (obscenity)! I never thought I’d say this in my lifetime, but with this news, Dexter officially surpasses ST:TNG as my favorite tv/cable show EVER! Olmos is a master actor.

13. Noc says:

Dexter snags Olmos? Please!!! Snags??? Olmos should be fanning down in unworthiness to a much better actor Michael C. Hall. I don’t know if it’s the guy’s face, his demeanor, or acting “disabilities”, but fk I hate seeing Olmos in movies! Now I have to catch the much anticipated 6th Season of Dexter, which is one of my top top top favs, with this “Quintilla!” This truly sucks. Hope he dies quick to get on with the 6th with an actor of higher caliber. Even the last season with Jonny Lee Miller who played Jordan Chase was a better option of the two bad picks. I even looked the other way with Shawn Hatosy, but freakin’ Edward James fk’n Olmos!!! Really? Oh and the 6th Season side kick of his… Colin Hanks??? WTF??? Could it get any worse!!! DIE DIE DIE QUICKLY! THE BOTH OF YOU!!! LOL C’MON SHOWTIME LESS CELEBRITY APPEARANCE AND MORE BEST SUITABLE ACTORS FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE SHOW! Mark my words it will flop on this rate and lose fan base appeal.

14. Noc says:

Find some untapped talent! “No names” would be better than Olmos.