TVLine Items: Crazy New Curb Promo, Danny Glover Is Psych'd, and Other TV News to Know
Take a moment to check out the new promo (first shared by AOL’s TV Squad) for the eighth season of the acclaimed HBO laughfest, and then decide for yourself.
With guest spots from Michael J. Fox, Mad Men‘s Rich Sommer, Saturday Night Live’s Ana Gasteyer, and countless others, Season 8 of Curb looks to be another season of crotchety old man fun, when it premieres Sunday, July 10 at 10/9c.
Speaking of new promos, Showtime has released its second look at the upcoming Claire Danes terrorism thriller, Homeland (premiering this fall). If this is possible, it’s even more intriguing than the before. See for yourself:
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Showtime’s The Borgias wrapped its first season Sunday night with an average of 3.3 million weekly viewers, outperforming The Tudors’ highest rated year (Season 4) by nearly 20 percent.
• Lethal Weapon badass Danny Glover is set to guest star in an episode of USA Network’s Psych this fall, EW.com reports. Glover plays a minor league baseball coach who calls upon the expertise of James Roday’s Shawn when their hitting instructor, um, drops dead. As TVLine first reported, the actor will also appear on TNT’s Leverage this summer.
• Fox’s Terra Nova doesn’t premiere until the fall, but they’re already adding one more series regular to their lineup. Joining Jason O’Mara on the fantastical dinosaur drama is British actor Rod Hallett (The Tudors), says Deadline.
• Bette Midler has been cast opposite Al Pacino in HBO’s upcoming Phil Spector biopic, says The Hollywood Reporter. “The Divine Miss M” will play Linda Kenney Baden, the music producer’s defense attorney during his first murder trial. Arrested Development‘s Jeffrey Tambor has also joined the flick as another of Spector’s defense attorneys.
• Nickelodeon has picked up How to Rock Braces and Glasses, a live-action musical comedy starring 14-year-old multi-hyphenate — and daughter of hip hop star, Master P — Cymphonique Miller. Rock is slated to premiere in 2012.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?