New True Blood Trailer: 'Oh Great, Now I Have to Deal With Witches?!'

HBO has unspooled yet another juicy trailer for True Blood‘s upcoming fourth season, and God bless Sookie Stackhouse for boiling the entire season down into one gloriously snarky soundbite. Buffy Summers would be proud.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, News, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Stephen says:

This was old, actully i saw this two-three days ago. Okay, it was that damm Mario Lopez and his stupid morningshow. Please kill him Ausiello, and you can get his sneak peeks and post them here. So we actully get some new trailers/promoes on this site. Damm Mario Lopez and his sixpack!

2. Jenna says:

I’m really hoping for some ESN (Eric and Sookie nookie)!!

3. Dieseled says:

I’m so happy to see Nan back!
    I have my DVR ready to go. I’m so excited for this season but I still absolutely refuse to watch even a second of Paquin.

• She's the main character, duh. says:

you can take offense to this if you want: you’re an idiot.

• Danielle H. says:

For real? Why the hate towards Paquin? She actually does pretty well with the role.

• Dieseled says:

Yes, I really do dislike Paquin. She spits and stumbles over her lines. She makes odd facial expressions, like she just finished sucking a lemon. She also does this weird head tilt E.T. neck move.
        At best she’s forgettable (S1) at worst (S2/S3) she’s annoying.
        I enjoy the rest of the cast/show though so I just fast forward through her.

• Corinne says:

I wouldn’t call her forgettable but I am totally with you on annoying. I hate that she is the narrator for the books, cause there you can’t escape her. At least the show is told from other points of view so you get a Sookie break. That being said, I don’t know how you can skip over her parts, cause her interactions with Eric, Bill, Pam, and Alcide make up the best scenes in the show. Personally, I try to skip over the Sam scenes, he just seems unnecessary to me.

• kassie says:

I so agree with you… I think that Sam is useless too!! Good to know I’m not the only one!

• barabajagal says:

In the books, Sookie often pastes on weird, inappropriate smiles to mask her response to what she is reading from other people. Sookie appears odd to other characters in the book; in fact many think she’s slow. I don’t have a problem with Paquin’s portrayal.

• Vinnymac101 says:

Tara is the annoying one in my opinion, her character is just plain useless and just when you think it gets better for her she just goes back to being a self-loathing vamp-hater! Enough is enough Tara, get over it!

• dd says:

oh, you think Anna can’t act?? and what are your credentials?? None!! I don’t think Alan Ball, who is a genius or anyone at HBO would agree with you, or any of the notable directors and producers she has worked for. you are evidently just a know-nothing hater, who has a boring life and nothing else to do but try and say bad things about celebrities. If you can’t stand the star of the show, then why watch it? But I agree – you are an idiot!

4. deedeedragons says:

Oh, Aunt Petunia eh?

5. Ines says:

When does season 4 begin?
    Great video.

6. morgan says:

Just jumped and down in delight – looks like everyone might be under the same roof this season with storylines. eeeek!

7. KG says:

Burn the Witch, bloody brilliant.

8. nonabgo says:

Bill in a suit? Meh…
    Bad-ass Jessica looks great. And I want to see some Eric & Sookie action. Can’t wait for it to start.

9. Natasha says:

Any True Blood i LOVE cant wait for it to begin, i think the witches will bring an interesting twist on what’s going to happen. More Eric anything really lol :D

10. Goish says:

The reason for the Paquin hate is she’s god awful at a southern accent. I mean, her acting isn’t bad. Just every time she opens her mouth and out spews that EXTREMELY bad southern accent, I just wanna cringe.

• Tricia says:

Actually her accent is pretty good. I live a hour from Shreveport and I can tell you we really do sound like that. It seems fake but seriously it is close. Crazy sayings and all.

11. Kurtsgrrl says:

I can never take the critism of anybody’s southern accent seriously. I don’t live in the south, but I watch TV, listening to real people from all over the south, guests on talk shows, politicians, all kinds of interviews and I know there is no southern accent, there are more variations then I could have imagined. Anna, or Tara or Bill or Jason might not sound like your neighbour, or how you THINK you sound, but they sound no more sublime or ridiculous than people in real life. It is more irritating when the accent comes and goes, and the two biggest culprits for that are Pam and Jessica. Maybe Pam isn’t from the south and she just puts on an accent occasionaly, but Jessica was born there and there is no go excuse for her losing it completely in certain scenes.

12. sb713 says:

wow, glad to see i am not alone in my absolute hate of anna’s portrayal of sook.

i still love the show because the other storylines are usually better (acted & interesting) than hers.

on second viewings, i always mute her dialogue.

btw, pam isn’t supposed to have southern accent. when she does a fake drawl, it’s done on purpose to be funny. like with lafayette & the are you picking up what i’m putting down.

i can give some a pass, but for her to have chomped at teh bit for this role, she fails miserably. and that flailing crap she does with her arms when she turns or runs makes her look retarded.

her accent and acting fails. go and watch xmen. she is simply playing rogue.

13. Leashyburg says:

I am deffinately a fan of True Blood & am also a loyal reader of the series. So I do my best not to compare the two but sometimes I just can’t help myself. I am glad though that it seems they are finally getting to Eric & Sookie storyline. Eric will so rock Sookie’s world he’ll have her saying “Bill who?” Can’t wait for that. Although they have already messed up with Hotshot and the whole were panther clans so far which irked the heck out of me cuz I really liked the Uncle tho his name slipped my mind, he would have been a good character to have but they killed him, wtf? Anyhoo. I’m anxious for the new season.

14. lucas says:

Once again, Alan Ball shows me that he has no real respect for the source material. he’s just screwing around with it left and right. I have no doubt that the key story line in book 4, which is the one time that the books lend themselves to Ball’s over sexed style, will be utterly dropped or totally mis handled.

Oh and Sookie’s line sucked. Tara, as annoying as she is, had the best line “It’s been a while since I was attacked by a vampire. It still sucks.” THAT is Buffy, not Sookie’s whining (well more the black version of Cordelia)