Exclusive

Glee Season Finale First Look: Watch the Cast Mash Up Madonna and Leonard Bernstein

You know what all those photos of the Glee cast parading around Manhattan were missing (aside from Sue Sylvester)?

Context, people, context!

Grey’s Anatomy Exclusive: Ellen Pompeo Leaving?

Well, TVLine is about to deliver you a major dose of it in the form of an exclusive first look at New Directions performing a mash-up of Madonna’s “I Love New York” and Leonard Bernstein’s On The Town staple “New York, New York” from Tuesday’s Season 2 finale.

May Sweeps Scorecard: Deaths! Pregnancies! Firings! Weddings!

Press play below and I dare you not to smile.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Finales, First Look, Glee, Previews, Scoop

1. Jim says:

Still can’t believe I was lucky enough to be there when they were shooting in Times Square. So damn awesome!

2. Cookie says:

LOL this is horrible…it feels like a cheap copy from Grease or Fame

• Ell says:

Yeah… their “mash-ups” are always hit and miss but this is really dorky.

• Raksha says:

I know what you mean…this looks like a highly stylized cereal ad.

• Eran says:

Best comment ever :D

• Lulu says:

I’m sooooo disappointed in the finale!!!
          As far as the script goes, they did deserve to lose. As far as the writing for this whole season has not been up to par at all. The finale went down as a final low, sorry to say. Such great talent, but poor concepts and writing.

• karen Elliott says:

I completely agree. What a disappointment in the finale. Too much Rachel with so many other talented cast members. Boring. I think Glee will lose a lot of viewers after this pathetic finale.
            Karen, Ontario, Canada

• Pam says:

Don’t worry. There are lots of others who are going to eat this up.

3. luna says:

DANIEL RADCLIFFE IN THE BACKGROUND!! (;

4. gleelover says:

IM SO E-X-C-I-T-E-D!! <3 GLEE

5. B says:

How’d they get Artie on the fountain?

6. Samuel says:

Already looks like it is going to be an amazing show!!!! :D <3

7. Erica Perdue says:

Hope the shoot net great can’t wait to see it tomorrow!

8. Anthony says:

WOO! I was there, this was fantastic. I AM EXCITED TO SEE IT!

9. David says:

That’s awful.

10. Stina says:

Right?!

11. Olivia says:

I saw them when they were in Greenwich Village :) i’m french ;)

12. de says:

i took your challange and won, nothing to smile about. santana seems too cheery but i’m sure the whole episode isn’t gonna be so cheesy

• me says:

I wouldn’t bet on that. This is just a cheesefest waiting to happen, talking epic Wisconsin levels of cheese that even the most devout cheesehead in Green Bay would take a look at and say “Sorry, too cheesy.”

Ok I think I just channeled Edmund Blackadder there, better back away from the keyboard

13. tota says:

no more glee :”(
    is there season 3 ?
    i hope there is :(

14. kels says:

i failed.. i smiled, i cant waiiiit to see this episode!

15. Um says:

I will be SO glad to get the nationals finished up tomorrow night and then have a Glee-free summer. I loved the show when it first came out, but get so frustrated with the fact that only rarely do the songs have anything to do with what is happening in the show/episode. At least with all of the New York stuff, hopefully it will make more sense when they insert the songs into the story!

• Mike says:

I’ve got a simple solution to your frustrations: DON’T WATCH THE SHOW and you won’t have any problems.

16. Nicole Bosch says:

I love the Whole Glee Cast , They All Sing Beautifully but I Think They Should Give More Solos To Santana& Artie .

17. Shea says:

this is just the season finale. there is more glee.

18. mike says:

well…it sucks.

• liz says:

I agree. This is horrid. Why must gLee only perform songs 3-4 decades before the current one? Not saying it’s a bad thing, at least pick nice songs.

19. Cathy says:

Didn’t like it. Was really cheesy and didn’t feel very fitting for a few of the characters. Plus, seriously, where are the adults?? They’re all still underage, there’s no way they’d be allowed to roam around NYC without Mr. Shu at the very least! Didn’t even think the song sounded that good. Oh well, it’s not going to stop me from watching. Nothing else is on!

• veronica says:

Sure they would. They’re on a high school field trip. My choir would go on field trips to New York or San Francisco or Victoria and we never had to stay with a chaperon 100% of the time. Usually we were required to stay in groups of three or more, but that was it.

• Betty says:

Agreed, my daughter went to NY with her high school choir a few years ago, and they had free time. They had to stay in groups, but she had a great time roaming around in Chinatown with her friends.

20. Vier says:

I am disappointed by the lack of Kurt in this.

• Gabi says:

Yes, lol. I am too. All I saw was him in this all black suit with a little black hat and jumping up and down in fast moving scenes. o__O

• lol says:

He can take a backseat for one in one song. He was in like 80% of all the episodes before this.

21. Paul says:

I do think this is really bad choreography, but I love Santana and the police man.

22. Poppy says:

OOHH MYYY GAAADDDD.
    this is insane. everything is naya and nothing hurts.

23. Sanjhana Dore' says:

Can’t wait to see it!!! :D

24. Carolina says:

I didn’t smile… :)

25. Sez says:

Love the show but it’s turning into High School Musicial and that’s where I draw a line. Will have to stop watching soon, too cheesy and saccherine for my taste, I liked it when it had a dark edge (remember the pilot when Will planted drugs on Finn and Rachel got Sandy fired etc.).

• Alison says:

OMG I totally agree with you! Don’t get me wrong, I love Glee, but my favorite parts of the pilot were the evil parts with that creepy music just before it. That’s all gone! C’mon writers – bring back the evil side of Glee in more than just Sue!

26. Ziegler says:

I love Glee, but I hated every second of this. The song is alright I guess, but the sequence is just… I can’t really find the words to describe it properly… something close to a four letter curse word… oh… and dull.

27. Kate says:

Whats with the god awful dance beat, are Glee trying to break into the dance charts and club scene now?

I love Glee, well i Loved Glee, but its just not the same Glee as it was its tried too hard this whole season to remain cool and, well i just hope the other numbers make me forget this one!
    Where’s the Somebody To Love’s and Don’t Stop Believin’s!

• Joe says:

Exactly they do not have one really good group number this entire year.

Somebody to Love remains their best group number. They are classics for a reason stick to them.

• JDHetherington says:

Seriously people? They do group numbers like EVERY episode.
        ‘Auditions’ – Empire State of Mind
        ‘Britney/Brittany’ – Toxic
        ‘Grilled Cheesus’ – One of Us
        ‘Duets’ – No Group Number
        ‘Rocky Horror Glee Show’ – Time Warp
        ‘Never Been Kissed’ – The boys vs girl numbers
        ‘Substitute’ – Umbrella/Singing in the Rain
        ‘Furt’ – Marry You
        ‘Special Education’ – I’ve Had the Time of My Life, Dog Days are Over, Valerie.
        ‘A Very Glee Christmas’ – We Need a Little Christmas, Island of Misfit Toys, Welcome Christmas
        ‘Sue Sylvester Super Bowl Shuffle’ – Thriller/Heads Will Roll
        ‘Silly Love Songs’ – No ND Group Numbers
        ‘Comeback’ – Sing
        ‘Blame it on the Alcohol’ – Blame it on the Alcohol, Tik Tok
        ‘Sexy’ – Do You Wanna Touch Me (Yeah)
        ‘Original Song’ – Loser Like Me
        ‘Night of Neglect’ – No Group Number
        ‘Born This Way’ – Born This Way
        ‘Rumours’ – Don’t Stop
        ‘Prom Queen’ – Dancing Queen (Sort of)
        ‘Funeral – Pure Imagination

That’s like only 3 or 4 episodes without 1. Out of 21.

• Kate says:

NEVER said they didnt have any group numbers! I said the group numbers have not been in the same league as last year and your list has just proved that!

28. heather says:

why do they have santana hitting on the cop if shes lebanese??

29. favio says:

new york smell poop lie

30. :) says:

I liked Artie with his 3 hotdogs :)

31. Sarah says:

Super excited! It would make my day if we got to see more Brittana!

32. Rachel says:

I think Finn and Rachel will get back together in this episode!!!! <3

33. ~ringring~GLEE! says:

Part of the episode is supposed to resemble breakfast at tiffany’s, my father works there and got great pics of kurt and rachel when they were filming in front of the tiffany store! So excited!! :D

• Ssssh says:

OMG OMG, That is EXACTLY what I thought. I did think of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”…..I guess they succeded in that one. I kept thinking that over & over.

34. kimm says:

I really like Cory’s voice in this mashup!

35. allison says:

i liked it…it was fun and cheerful and that’s how i would dance around new york, seeing it for the first time, i would just be running everywhere jumping around. it may not be as exciting as really intricate dance moves but it’s almost more realistic that way (if you want to complain about that…Glee isn’t really known for being that realistic- no one should be dancing with water on the stage unless it’s a performance!) but honestly i think i was more excited to see Dan Radcliffe’s face in the background heehee.

36. GLeek says:

she is bi

37. Claire says:

This is kinda amazing. :’D

But srsly guys. There was like, two shots of Chris in this.

I NEED MY COLFER FIX KTHX.

38. LoL says:

It’s kind of fitting that Santana, Finn and Artie have the featured solos here. They’ve had the storylines leading up to this. And I think the NY competition will be pivotal for the Finchel and Brittana relationship.

• Really says:

I think they should hae featured more of the ‘mohawk’ guy, what’s his name? Isn’t he supposed to be a singer outside of Glee too?

• Dee says:

Amen and AMEN!! That is Noah Puckerman (Mark Salling) and if anyone should get more airtime next season, Puck has my vote!!!

39. CAC says:

OK people. Don’t you see this is going about their excitment by being in NY and not a Glee Club number ¬¬ But it could have been a lot more better :P

40. Kelly says:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    GGGGGLLLLEEEE~!!!!!!!!!!
    i’M SO FREAKING EXCITED!! HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY IS GOING TO BE THIS SHOW TOMORROW as it usually is every tuesday :D

41. Brittanan love says:

Are ballons code for lesbian?

42. GeneFan says:

Does anyone else notice the lack of a real mash-up here? There was barely any of Leonard Bernstein’s awesome “New York, New York” in there at all. They even cut the word “wonderful” short. It was weird!

43. Amy says:

It felt so different not being on a stage, but I liked it. It felt just like a lot of kids from a small town being overly excited about seeing the big city for the first time. For many of the characters this is a dream come true for them. So stop hating all the cheeryness!

44. Mon says:

WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK!!!! I was there!!!!! I felt so lucky to see them perform this. Can’t wait for the episode! :)

45. meg says:

I normally love glee mash ups but i really didn’t like this one. Kinda wish they had stuck with just singing New York New York without adding madonna…..adding her song just made this sound over produced like a “high school musical” number..

46. taytay says:

arite can walk in real life just not in the show he probably got up on the fountain had the wheel chair handed to him and then sat in it…. im guessing any way… love this showw

47. kasyyee says:

I don’t think it was that bad ,i actuly liked it ! Ican’t wait to see tomorow’s episode!!!!!

48. Jason Lawson says:

Thank you for posting this awesome scene! I can’t wait to see it tomorrow! I’m more excited to see Sunshine Corazon crush New Directions. LOL

49. Jen says:

I think that we’re missing Mr. Schue. I think he suposed to be there, sice they are going to NY together…

50. brad says:

the club is going to nationals, they cant have choreography for a number in the middle of new york if they have one for nationals. cmon guys