TVLine Items: Prisoner Is TV's Transporter, GH Hunk Fired, and Other TV News to Know

Prison Break alum Chris Vance will soon bring his inner Jason Statham to the small screen.

Vance has been cast as man-of-action Frank Martin in TV’s version of the hit Transporter franchise, says EW.com. Set to air on Cinemax in 2012, the star, who just so happens to be as British as Statham, promises that the “high octane” series will have everything fans of the cult fave movies have grown to love: “Car chases. Stunts. Fights, Beautiful girls. Villains. Heroes. Guns.”

Vance’s recent TV forays include recurring runs on Burn Notice and Dexter, and a March episode of Fairly Legal.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Daytime shocker! After over a decade as one of General Hospitals leading men, Ingo Rademacher has been let go. “It is with mixed emotions and regret that I write this note to you, my fans and colleagues,” the actor said in a statement. “After 15 years on GH portraying Jax I must say goodbye. I’m fired.” Without giving further explanation, Rachemacher thanked his fans profusely, as well as “everyone at GH, the producers, directors, crew, my fellow actors and ABC/Disney…”

• Spike TV’s fifth annual Guy’s Choice celebration, airing Friday, June 10, will honor television’s favorite Friend, Jennifer Aniston, with their prestigious “Decade of Hotness” award.

Lady Gaga will kick off Good Morning America‘s summer concert series live from Central Park on Friday, May 27.

• CBS News has locked in Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger as their new Aviation and Safety Expert. Known for his heroic “Miracle on the Hudson” plane landing, Sullenberger will provide his expert analysis across all CBS News platforms.

Rosie Perez is suing the producers of NBC’s Law & Order: SVU after allegedly suffering a herniated disc when an extra forcefully shook her during a scene from her 2009 guest stint on the procedural. Perez’s lawyer tells the New York Daily News that his client “is still suffering severe pain, numbness of the arms, and she’ll never be the same despite” multiple surgeries.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. msmarci says:

Good riddance – Jax has been utterly horrible and more self-important than ever lately. I hope he and whiny Brenda leave together.

• Amanda says:

That’s mostly due to Guza’s awful stint as head writer which has just come to an end thankfully. Fresh writing could have turned Jax back the way the fans wanted him. Firing Ingo and Christopher Tyler is TPTB way of getting back at the fans who fought so hard to get Rebecca Herbst rehired.

• Meg says:

Tyler’s contract was up in June anyway. Based on comments he made in an interview months before his firing was announced, he seemed on the fence about coming back. I don’t think he would have been back anyway.

Ingo being let go is kind of a shock. I’m wondering if him leaving will the be the catalyst for Brenda leaving as well.

• Captain says:

I would rather Jax and Nikolas stay than that horrid wench Elizabeth. I’m sorry but I don’t get why Jax is a horrible person for not wanting his kids around the mob. Carly is a terrible, selfish mother who would rather expose her kids to danger than give up her mob exes. She brought this on herself.

• Denise says:

I hate to see him go, he was the one to get Carly away from the mob. (although she didn’t stay away, tsk.tsk.writers.)

• Rowan says:

Well, I guess this means Carly gets custody of Josslyn. And you’re right – Brenda needs to go. She is horribly written (or maybe it’s the way she’s acted). Sonny and Carly should get back together. I hope the new Katie Couric daytime show that’s being negotiated at ABC doesn’t mean the end of GH. There aren’t any more daytime slots open for her show.

• susan says:

brenda definatley needs to go she’s awful carly and sonny belong together they are a perfect match and they have kids together

• juju says:

I really REALLY want Jax to escape with Brenda and both their kids and make a safe exit where the mob can’t touch them. Sucks for the actors, but it would be a victory for the *characters*. I’d love to see Jax leave town and take his kids and Brenda and her kids with him, leaving Carly the She-Beast and her horrible mobster husband and his even worse hitman best friend all, wait, wait, you can’t take our kids, we will hang you on a meathook or poison you with alcohol and throw you in a grocery cart or get out the tarp and you will be sorry you crossed us! Oh, you’re already gone? And we can’t touch you? Waaaaaah!

See? Wouldn’t that be fun? They could get messages every once in awhile about how Jax and Brenda are the new Brangelina, adopting children and popping them out like candy until they have a huge brood. And Sonny and Carly can’t touch them! Fun!

I suspect that Carly and her new strongman will kill Jax, though, so she gets to keep the kid. And, of course, there will be no repercussions and no consequences, because it’s Carly’s and Sonny’s Evil World and nobody else counts. Ugh. I’m hoping the New Guy in Charge will change things up and screw over the Corinthos Clan, though. They deserve it.

2. Tavis says:

Megan, Days of Our Lives’ head writer was also fired and replaced with a new head writing team yesterday.

3. Peter says:

I was surprised by Ingo getting fired. They have allowed that man to quit and come back a hundred times. He also got outs where he could leave for the summer. He got to do anything he wanted and they still fired him. I guess he wasn’t as special as he thought. I know they have to trim cost and he was making a lot of money. He was one of the richest people in his native country. I remember that list. I had no idea soap actors made that much.

4. GH will be fine says:

Honestly Jax should have taken a whole ton of folks with him. Maybe he did get away with stealing Jocelyn (seriously, what a horrible name even for a soap!) out of the country and away from the crime families of Port Charles. I still love Jason, and Sonny, but was ready for someone to get out. Might as well be Jax. No one misses Nikolas and it is likely few people will miss Jax.

Even with the changeover at the helm with Guza gone, it is still rumored that a Katie Couric “something” show is going to replace GH shortly. I suspect/hope that is not true, but they really could do with paring down the cast significantly. Dump Robin and Patrick and maybe Abby. Get rid of all of the Quartermaines except for Tracy (she is too much boozy fun to be removed from her infrequent appearances). Make less to-do in the court rooms and the hospital, and get on with it!

• soapfan says:

then that would only leave the mob stories. i love the Q’s they dont have much airtime as it is. robin and patrick are great too

5. Taylor says:

I can’t believe that Ingo was fired! I’m really going to miss him.

6. CarolH says:

I have a feeling Brenda and Jax may be leaving GH together…no way is she staying on the show with Sonny so this may be just the way for her to leave with her son and Jax.

7. Lu says:

Looooooooooooove Chris Vance!

8. Cin says:

Sorry to see him go, but once he married Carly, he was such a wuss. They need to cut their losses and dump Brenda. What a waste. I had to stop watching a few months ago. Now this, I absolutely won’t watch Couric, but I don’t care if they cancel General Mobster.

9. Kat says:

I always loved Jax and Brenda and I will miss him! I hope the writers have them leave together! That would be the perfct ending for this couple who were ALWAYS supposed to end up together!!!!

10. Maddy says:

Can Jax take Carly with him when he goes? Pretty please!

11. Godie says:

i thought he’s Aussie not a Pom!

12. ola says:

I loved Chris in prison break!

13. Crittle says:

I’m sad to see Jax go, and I’m not even a fan of his. Personally I think the most sympathizers should be cut in half. I hope he gets to take Jocelyn with him

14. Bob says:

Ingo is only the first of many to follow. The new guy has been waiting in the wings for 15 years to take over the show. He’s going to purge most of what Guza did over that time. And I hope he starts with Sonny, Carly, Jason, Brenda, and the whole mob storyline.