TVLine Items: Prisoner Is TV's Transporter, GH Hunk Fired, and Other TV News to Know

Prison Break alum Chris Vance will soon bring his inner Jason Statham to the small screen.

Vance has been cast as man-of-action Frank Martin in TV’s version of the hit Transporter franchise, says EW.com. Set to air on Cinemax in 2012, the star, who just so happens to be as British as Statham, promises that the “high octane” series will have everything fans of the cult fave movies have grown to love: “Car chases. Stunts. Fights, Beautiful girls. Villains. Heroes. Guns.”

Vance’s recent TV forays include recurring runs on Burn Notice and Dexter, and a March episode of Fairly Legal.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Daytime shocker! After over a decade as one of General Hospitals leading men, Ingo Rademacher has been let go. “It is with mixed emotions and regret that I write this note to you, my fans and colleagues,” the actor said in a statement. “After 15 years on GH portraying Jax I must say goodbye. I’m fired.” Without giving further explanation, Rachemacher thanked his fans profusely, as well as “everyone at GH, the producers, directors, crew, my fellow actors and ABC/Disney…”

• Spike TV’s fifth annual Guy’s Choice celebration, airing Friday, June 10, will honor television’s favorite Friend, Jennifer Aniston, with their prestigious “Decade of Hotness” award.

Lady Gaga will kick off Good Morning America‘s summer concert series live from Central Park on Friday, May 27.

• CBS News has locked in Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger as their new Aviation and Safety Expert. Known for his heroic “Miracle on the Hudson” plane landing, Sullenberger will provide his expert analysis across all CBS News platforms.

Rosie Perez is suing the producers of NBC’s Law & Order: SVU after allegedly suffering a herniated disc when an extra forcefully shook her during a scene from her 2009 guest stint on the procedural. Perez’s lawyer tells the New York Daily News that his client “is still suffering severe pain, numbness of the arms, and she’ll never be the same despite” multiple surgeries.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (23)

• Good riddance – Jax has been utterly horrible and more self-important than ever lately. I hope he and whiny Brenda leave together.

Comment by msmarci – May 20, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s mostly due to Guza’s awful stint as head writer which has just come to an end thankfully. Fresh writing could have turned Jax back the way the fans wanted him. Firing Ingo and Christopher Tyler is TPTB way of getting back at the fans who fought so hard to get Rebecca Herbst rehired.

Comment by Amanda – May 20, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tyler’s contract was up in June anyway. Based on comments he made in an interview months before his firing was announced, he seemed on the fence about coming back. I don’t think he would have been back anyway.

Ingo being let go is kind of a shock. I’m wondering if him leaving will the be the catalyst for Brenda leaving as well.

Comment by Meg – May 20, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would rather Jax and Nikolas stay than that horrid wench Elizabeth. I’m sorry but I don’t get why Jax is a horrible person for not wanting his kids around the mob. Carly is a terrible, selfish mother who would rather expose her kids to danger than give up her mob exes. She brought this on herself.

Comment by Captain – May 20, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate to see him go, he was the one to get Carly away from the mob. (although she didn’t stay away, tsk.tsk.writers.)

Comment by Denise – May 20, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I guess this means Carly gets custody of Josslyn. And you’re right – Brenda needs to go. She is horribly written (or maybe it’s the way she’s acted). Sonny and Carly should get back together. I hope the new Katie Couric daytime show that’s being negotiated at ABC doesn’t mean the end of GH. There aren’t any more daytime slots open for her show.

Comment by Rowan – May 20, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • brenda definatley needs to go she’s awful carly and sonny belong together they are a perfect match and they have kids together

Comment by susan – May 21, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really REALLY want Jax to escape with Brenda and both their kids and make a safe exit where the mob can’t touch them. Sucks for the actors, but it would be a victory for the *characters*. I’d love to see Jax leave town and take his kids and Brenda and her kids with him, leaving Carly the She-Beast and her horrible mobster husband and his even worse hitman best friend all, wait, wait, you can’t take our kids, we will hang you on a meathook or poison you with alcohol and throw you in a grocery cart or get out the tarp and you will be sorry you crossed us! Oh, you’re already gone? And we can’t touch you? Waaaaaah!

See? Wouldn’t that be fun? They could get messages every once in awhile about how Jax and Brenda are the new Brangelina, adopting children and popping them out like candy until they have a huge brood. And Sonny and Carly can’t touch them! Fun!

I suspect that Carly and her new strongman will kill Jax, though, so she gets to keep the kid. And, of course, there will be no repercussions and no consequences, because it’s Carly’s and Sonny’s Evil World and nobody else counts. Ugh. I’m hoping the New Guy in Charge will change things up and screw over the Corinthos Clan, though. They deserve it.

Comment by juju – May 21, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan, Days of Our Lives’ head writer was also fired and replaced with a new head writing team yesterday.

Comment by Tavis – May 20, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was surprised by Ingo getting fired. They have allowed that man to quit and come back a hundred times. He also got outs where he could leave for the summer. He got to do anything he wanted and they still fired him. I guess he wasn’t as special as he thought. I know they have to trim cost and he was making a lot of money. He was one of the richest people in his native country. I remember that list. I had no idea soap actors made that much.

Comment by Peter – May 20, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly Jax should have taken a whole ton of folks with him. Maybe he did get away with stealing Jocelyn (seriously, what a horrible name even for a soap!) out of the country and away from the crime families of Port Charles. I still love Jason, and Sonny, but was ready for someone to get out. Might as well be Jax. No one misses Nikolas and it is likely few people will miss Jax.

Even with the changeover at the helm with Guza gone, it is still rumored that a Katie Couric “something” show is going to replace GH shortly. I suspect/hope that is not true, but they really could do with paring down the cast significantly. Dump Robin and Patrick and maybe Abby. Get rid of all of the Quartermaines except for Tracy (she is too much boozy fun to be removed from her infrequent appearances). Make less to-do in the court rooms and the hospital, and get on with it!

Comment by GH will be fine – May 20, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • then that would only leave the mob stories. i love the Q’s they dont have much airtime as it is. robin and patrick are great too

Comment by soapfan – May 27, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that Ingo was fired! I’m really going to miss him.

Comment by Taylor – May 20, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling Brenda and Jax may be leaving GH together…no way is she staying on the show with Sonny so this may be just the way for her to leave with her son and Jax.

Comment by CarolH – May 20, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looooooooooooove Chris Vance!

Comment by Lu – May 20, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry to see him go, but once he married Carly, he was such a wuss. They need to cut their losses and dump Brenda. What a waste. I had to stop watching a few months ago. Now this, I absolutely won’t watch Couric, but I don’t care if they cancel General Mobster.

Comment by Cin – May 20, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always loved Jax and Brenda and I will miss him! I hope the writers have them leave together! That would be the perfct ending for this couple who were ALWAYS supposed to end up together!!!!

Comment by Kat – May 20, 2011 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Jax take Carly with him when he goes? Pretty please!

Comment by Maddy – May 20, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought he’s Aussie not a Pom!

Comment by Godie – May 20, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Chris in prison break!

Comment by ola – May 21, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FIRST OFFICIAL PROMOTIONAL PHOTO:

Comment by Shawn – May 22, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad to see Jax go, and I’m not even a fan of his. Personally I think the most sympathizers should be cut in half. I hope he gets to take Jocelyn with him

Comment by Crittle – May 22, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ingo is only the first of many to follow. The new guy has been waiting in the wings for 15 years to take over the show. He’s going to purge most of what Guza did over that time. And I hope he starts with Sonny, Carly, Jason, Brenda, and the whole mob storyline.

Comment by Bob – May 23, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post