Vance has been cast as man-of-action Frank Martin in TV’s version of the hit Transporter franchise, says EW.com. Set to air on Cinemax in 2012, the star, who just so happens to be as British as Statham, promises that the “high octane” series will have everything fans of the cult fave movies have grown to love: “Car chases. Stunts. Fights, Beautiful girls. Villains. Heroes. Guns.”
Vance’s recent TV forays include recurring runs on Burn Notice and Dexter, and a March episode of Fairly Legal.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Daytime shocker! After over a decade as one of General Hospital‘s leading men, Ingo Rademacher has been let go. “It is with mixed emotions and regret that I write this note to you, my fans and colleagues,” the actor said in a statement. “After 15 years on GH portraying Jax I must say goodbye. I’m fired.” Without giving further explanation, Rachemacher thanked his fans profusely, as well as “everyone at GH, the producers, directors, crew, my fellow actors and ABC/Disney…”
• Spike TV’s fifth annual Guy’s Choice celebration, airing Friday, June 10, will honor television’s favorite Friend, Jennifer Aniston, with their prestigious “Decade of Hotness” award.
• Lady Gaga will kick off Good Morning America‘s summer concert series live from Central Park on Friday, May 27.
• CBS News has locked in Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger as their new Aviation and Safety Expert. Known for his heroic “Miracle on the Hudson” plane landing, Sullenberger will provide his expert analysis across all CBS News platforms.
• Rosie Perez is suing the producers of NBC’s Law & Order: SVU after allegedly suffering a herniated disc when an extra forcefully shook her during a scene from her 2009 guest stint on the procedural. Perez’s lawyer tells the New York Daily News that his client “is still suffering severe pain, numbness of the arms, and she’ll never be the same despite” multiple surgeries.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?