Exclusive

Supernatural Exclusive: Misha Collins Won't Be a Series Regular for Season 7

Brace yourself, Supernatural fans (as if Friday night’s finale didn’t already rob you of most every breath): Though his alter ego now is a bigger force than ever to be reckoned with, Misha Collins will not be returning to the CW series as a regular next season, TVLine has learned.

After making a rock star entrance in Season 4, Castiel quickly became a fan favorite, but the Winchesters’ angel ally has gone from heavenly to sinister this season. In Friday night’s finale, he opened the door to purgatory –- inside himself! –- and became a soul-powered God. And nobody was going to get in his way. Not Raphael, not Crowley, not even the Winchesters, whom he gave the ultimate choice in the show’s final minutes: allegiance, or death.

So why the decision to not bring back Collins as a series regular, just when Cas seems to be at his most… almighty?

“When it comes to Supernatural, our philosophy is that everyone moves in and out and weaves in and out of the story, obviously with the exception of Sam and Dean,” executive producer Sera Gamble tells TVLine. “We love Misha. We love and adore the character of Castiel. His character developed to this extent and went in this unexpected direction because we were so inspired by him.”

The season finale cliffhanger “is a very pivotal moment in Cas’ development,” Gamble adds, describing the character as “transformed.” “Basically, that’s what we’ll be exploring next season, so there’s just a big change.”

A change so big it calls for less of a focus on Cas and the goings-on in heaven? While there will be angel stories in Season 7, “they will probably be more self-enclosed,” reveals Gamble.

“[In Season 6], we consciously kept some of this angel civil war off camera because we are interested in what happens on Earth,” she explains. “We are interested in what happens in the purview of the boys. We feel that in terms of what we can accomplish, the scope of the show, our storyline is best accomplished where the Impala can go.”

Two other names familiar to Supernatural fans however will be back – creator Eric Kripke and executive producer Ben Edlund. Gamble assures us that despite being left off a CW press release touting next season, Kripke and Edlund are hard at work on the seventh cycle. “Their titles have changed,” she explains. “There are a lot of technical and contractual reasons that people’s titles change that don’t necessarily reflect their level of involvement or commitment to the show. … They’ve been in the [writers] room with me every day this week.”

Supernatural fans, are you disappointed that Misha Collins won’t be a series regular next season? What did you think of Cas’ dark turn in the season finale? And what are your hopes for Season 7?

1. BananaRama says:

I barely liked this Season. I had to force myself to watch it. This is usually when I stop watching a show. I stayed this season for Balthazar and Castiel and it doesn’t look like there’s going to be much reason for me to watch a season 7.

But then again I’m of the unpopular opinion that the series should have ended at the end of Season 5 with a major apocalyptic battle between Luci and Mike and not given it a chance to get old. Because that seems to be what happens when shows keep getting renewed and renewed, the story lines get trite.

I’ll be tuning in for Season 7, but I hope there’s amazing writing to keep my interest

2. stella says:

I can see all the Samfans are so happy that Dean will once again be all about Sam, and the show will once again be all about Sam. But I feel that the show has lost its way. It was never about the brothers, it was always about Sam and that’s what it will go back to and I just can’t take it anymore.

What a crappy way for a good show to die.

• loe says:

THE SHOW WAS ABOUT TWO BROTHERS, BUT SAM WAS THE ONE BORN WITH THE CURSE. DEAN IS THE PROTECTOR ALWAYS HAS BEEN BUT THE SHOW HAS GAVE HIM ARC TOO.

SOME OF YAUL REALLY NEED TO GET A GRIP.
      ITS THE DAMN WINCHESTERS IT ALWAYS HAS, NOT THE ANGEL SHOW.
      YOU ALL KNEW THAT ARC WHOULD COME IN GO SO JUST BREATH.

3. Sara Inês says:

I refuse to believe this. Cas is my favorite character. I really need to believe that he has some salvation. Dean will help him! That was not Castiel, it was the souls!

With Soulless!Sam, we had no soul, with God!Cas, we have a lot of souls. So, they just need to take the souls off of him and he’ll be “Just Castiel” again!

4. Nellas says:

I don’t really understand why everybody keep telling that the show is about Sam and Dean, that’s a fact, folks. And Cas’ or Bobby’s or Crowley’s charachter does not ruining this, they just helping. It’s not a two-men show, and Cas became so important, they can’t just write him off. This show is so much more now than hunting things and saving people, and it’s a good development, I think. All the good series have new, interesting charachters, new storielines, and stuff. If you don’t like this, don’t watch it. We have season 1-2-3 with the simple hunting-thing, and that’s enough.

One more thing about the final episodes: they ruined Cas in a way, that I can’t see an exit from. I’m so sad, sad for Dean and for Cas, and what they had :(

(sorry, I’m Hungarian, my english sucks)

5. Charlie says:

Why, oh why did this not end at season 5? I was pissed when it got a season 6 because i KNEW they were gonna frack it up, simply cause they wanted to milk it for more money. So instead of SPN going out naturally and with a bang, it’s being dragged out and turned into a pile of crap. And people are happy about it.

6. Bee says:

Looks like I won’t be watching season 7 then, the Winchester drama makes me yawn.

7. 37 says:

There are few reasons left to watch Supernatural. It should have ended in S5. The only remotely interesting character left was Castiel. Sayonara SPN.

8. Rhian says:

SPN was getting weaker and weaker for me and this announcement has just cemented that I have absolutely no need to watch the next season. For quite a while Cas has been the only reason I kept watching so I will now sadly take my leave of SPN :(

9. charli says:

I have to say it, i think its a good move for the show to have this casting news. It’ll perhaps bring the show back to a smaller more enclosed scale for what could be it’s final season. I think heaven and hell was so epic and angels and demons so huge that it sometimes detracts from the actual nitty gritty of backroad hunting and takes some of the light from this show. I hope this brings it somewhat back as others have said its hard to watch Sam and Dean fight for a world that so repeatedly lets them down, i mean they had some victories in s 1 and 2, it was ‘worth it’ as Sam said. I hope to see that back in s7. Brilliant finale.

10. jess says:

I’m glad Cass won’t be a regular next season, I’m hoping there will be more brother time. Not angsty stuff either, but would like to see them working together without the lack of trust that was there in season 4 and most of season 5. I like Cass, but it’s time for that story to be over and I think the show will be fine without it.

11. kayell says:

I don’t get what the buzz is about, Castiel as a regular never appeared that much this season, in fact, Bobby probably appeared more than him, it’s probably going to be the same for next season, only he is not listed as a regular, and deservedly so, since he was never a regular in the first place.

12. Loa says:

Well I agree with some of the stuff you guys are saying! In my opinion the first 5 season were great but season 6 idk it was just lame not all the episodes but some episodes were like wtf, just plain random and there were some stuff that in my opinion need it a lil bit of more explaining and all that build up to Sam’s wall I was waiting for something bigger to happen, idk mayb I had too many expectations! I definitely don’t have the excitement that I had seasons 1-5 but I guess! I still loveeee Sam and Dean too much for not to keep on watching, no matter how bad it gets I still have hope and faith on this show!

• Danny says:

I totally agree with you. The breaking down of the wall in Sam’s mind could have been so much more dramatic. Instead it was anti-climatic. Nothing really happened at all. I honestly felt like the last hour was just people standing around talking about what they were going to do but not doing it. I was totally disappointed with the finale. I know the show doesn’t have a huge budget but come on…Sam should have gone off the rails a little more, maybe went crazy and next season could have been about him putting himself back together mentally instead it was like he got over it in 45 minutes.

13. V says:

I actually loved the finale. Not the “Let It Bleed” the episode before it. But “The Man Who Knew Too Much” was great!

I’m not sorry to see Misha’s role being reduced from series regular. We saw him less this season than Bobby and Jim Beaver is still billed as a guest star.

Honestly, the Cas storyline is quite interesting. A cautionary tale of absolute power corrupts absolutely. It parallels quite nicely with Sam’s demon blood storyline. Both of them were doing things for what they thought were the right reasons, they were both very righteous about it (understandably), and yet when they tasted that power, they were corrupted. I’m not saying they wanted it to happen, they didn’t. Cas and Sam neither one expected that it would happen, yet it did. So perhaps in Season 7, Sam and Dean will pursue Cas not to kill him but to redeem him. And I like that thought. That would fit with the “family” outlook.

I will be there to watch Season 7 because I still love the show. I still love both Sam and Dean and I think there’s still much story to tell. I happen to like the brotherly relationship AND it’s co-dependency. If that puts me in the minority, so be it.

BTW, I think Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles are both phenomenal actors. Jensen has shined too many times to count and Jared absolutely hit it out of the park last night.

14. Danny says:

I really hope next season gets better. Actually Sera is wise to stick to self enclosed episodes. I recently caught up with the show because I didn’t really see the first three seasons as I came into the show late but saw them all on TBS or TNT or whatever. Seasons 2 and 3 were amazing, they had an overall arc but had great self-contained episodes. The funny ones were hilarious and the scary ones were downright creepy. It was firing on all cyclinders then it all became about the apocalypse and Lucifer and got lost in its own thick mythology like the X-files got lost in alien conspiracy. This season was all over the place, Eve should have been the big Bad but instead they made it Cass like Willow in Buffy Season 6 but for not having much of a budget, Buffy at least told a story well. I felt this finale was kind of weak. They teased us with HP Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos and we didn’t even get to see any octopus tentacles. This show needs more monsters. Honestly I’m sick of the demons and angels. This show is better when dealing with creepy monsters in the dark.

15. Arthur says:

everyone is pissed off because their jumping to conclusions. collins wasn’t a series regular in the fourth season, he may have only appeared in like six episodes, but look at how much of an impact he made. bobby isn’t even a series regular. collins won’t be there as much but they didn’t say he wouldn’t be in the show at all. just trust the writers.

16. Katrina says:

Awww :( I love Cas!! I’l obviously still watch the show, Cas or no Cas. But I really wish they would keep him as a series regular…. at this point, he’s part of the family. *Sigh* But whatever, I started watching this show because of the Winchester boys, and I’m gonna keep watching the show because of the Winchester boys.

17. Caaathrine says:

YES! Could not be happier Misha will not be a series regular in season 7! Finally we’re getting closer to getting Castiel killed and gone of the show!

18. Emily Sansom says:

This news upsets me so much! I love Misha and Castiel and I can’t imagine the show without him… please don’t do this Supernatural!!!

19. MB says:

So is this the Blind Item about the person being cut for budgetary reasons at the start of next season/end of this? It kinda looks like it don’t ya think?

20. Susi says:

I’m ok with the Misha thing because Jim isn’t a series regular either and he’s in it quite a lot.

21. O says:

I’m SO disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Mel says:

I think everyone needs to have a little more faith in the writers. Look back at how much they cater to the fandom with all the Destiel references and inside jokes that the FANDOM made. They know what we want. They know how to play with our heads. I honestly think they’re just screwing with us. I have faith in Kripke. He left us with a cliffhanger and left Cas fans outraged and rabid, but if we take a step back and look at how much all the writers and the cast care about the fans, I think we’d realize that they’re going to take care of us in the end. I don’t know how, but I trust that they will either “fix” Cas, or give him that hero’s ending. I appreciate everything they’ve given me with this show. Thank you, writers! Sometimes it’s the only thing I feel like I look forward to anymore. I thought the finale was great.

23. Sad says:

I’m disappointed by this news. I agree with the person who said that if you want to scale things back, don’t set up a major storyline for them. Castiel either being the big bad or a path to redemption.

So what is the storyline for next year if Cas isn’t the big bad? Do we get the first half of the season with just Dean angsting over Sam’s PTSD from hell? If they go that direction I hope they treat Sam’s PTSD the exact same way they treated Dean’s. Make of that what you will.

If budget is the true reason, that is one thing but if they put out any casting calls for any recurring characters or regulars then I will cry foul.

I don’t understand why things have to be either/or. Why does Dean having a bond with Cas automatically mean that he does not have one with Sam anymore? So, I don’t buy the its a show about two brothers argument, because I have never seen the show, from the pilot to this episode as not being about the brothers.

I understand that the show started off being about Sam, but things change. I liked the addition of Castiel to the dynamic of the show and what he added to the mix.

SN not only has Fringe to contend with next year but also Grimm, which is a very similar show. I do not think this is a time where you should risk making even a part of your fan base mad.

Honestly, who cares why someone watches a show. We watch what we like. If someone only watched for Castiel, or the fact that they like Impalas, they are still fans of the show for the very reason they turn in.

Expressing your dislike for something your disappointed in does not make you “fair whether fan” is my book, because I don’t think its possible to be “true fan” of a TV show, since everyone has different reasons about why they watch.

24. Ackleholic says:

I didn’t like Castiel to begin with, I thought the character was boring in season 4, (cue a few shocked faces).
     My love for Castiel came one weekend when I went to a Supernatural convention and had the pleasure of meeting Mr Misha Collins. This man was the FUNNIEST most adorable guy I’d ever met. During the stage talks I had a sore face and throat from laughing so much and we all got big cuddles from him in the photo ops! I loved him so much by the end of the weekend.
    During the convention I found out Misha had a Twitter account, so started following him, hilarious! It wasn’t an act put on for the con.
    Season 5 started and We started to see a little bit of Misha’s personality creeping into Castiel. The writers wrote him that way for us, the fans. That’s when I personally started to love Castiel the angel of Thursday and his Misha-esq silliness.
    I really don’t think Cas would have been around so long had it not been for Misha’s epic appearances at the conventions of 2009.
    I can’t imagine the show without him now, although I really miss the good old days of seasons 1-3. I truly don’t think those days will ever return. I think Sera Gamble is getting a lot of grief for trying to get the show back to how it used to be, just the boys and the road, but we’ve had that already, in seasons 1-3. We were hooked because of those seasons and in my opinion fans want new stories character development and most importantly we want to see how the story of our beloved Winchester boys ends.
    I think I speak for all of us when I say please don’t turn Castiel into a bad guy. We don’t need to hate him so we are glad when he leaves. If he has to go let it be in a blaze of glory, heroic and magnificent like the character deserves.
    If Sera, Eric or Ben are reading this comment, (and we all know they read a lot of what we write) please don’t make us hate Cas before he goes. It took me 1 weekend to fall in love with him please don’t make it take just 1 episode for me to hate him. I’m already upset at what he did to Sam.

25. Mykey716 says:

It’s not surprising that Castiel would have less presence in the boys’ life for next season….not that he’s God! And why is everyone acting like this post said he was gone? It just said his role will be limited and I’m sure writers will make those episode with Mischa that much more exciting!
    And am I the ONLY ONE who was heart-broken over Dean’s request to have Lisa & Ben forget him completely?? This closes any chance of Dean ever having a normal life….I understood the decision, but still very sad.

• Mykey716 says:

correction…1st line…*now* that he’s God!

• ashley says:

it was sad. :/ my husband was under the impression that part of the reason why Dean did that was because he thought the demon she was possessed with was speaking the truth about Dean being the worst thing that had happened to her etc etc. I think it’s because he didn’t ever want them to get put in that situation/hurt.

• Ali says:

“And why is everyone acting like this post said he was gone?”

Because of the “his role after the premiere, IF ANY” line.

• TVWatcher says:

And this is what you call fandom overreaction, just like they do with all spoilers that are released. Scream yell, stomp their foot and overreact, before they get the full details. If people actually stopped to think before they post, maybe we wouldn’t have such a bad wrap in the fandom.

They don’t know what’s gonna happen for season 7 cause they haven’t really planned it out yet, which is why she said that… But I am sure the fandom will force Sera to apologize and clarify what she meant cause they can’t understand on their own.

This fandom really has to stop reading between the lines all the time..

26. Ashley says:

Does anyone else think that Misha Collins not returning as a series regular isn’t that big of a deal? Maybe I’m missing something, but Jim Beaver has never been a series regular, and he was in most of the episodes last season… probably more than Misha (I don’t know numbers off top of my head, so maybe this is wrong). I’m sure he’ll still be in it… And I love Castiel/Misha, so I’m not celebrating the news, I’m just saying maybe it’s not as bad as everyone thinks…

• Sad says:

For me, it’s Sera line about “what IF ANY, Cas’s storyline will be next season:.

Why set up a potential for a huge storyline for a character if you have no plans to follow through on it. Why end the season the way they did. What was the purpose, to make people hate Cas’s character so there won’t be fan backlash when they kill him off next season.

• Ashley says:

See, I may have skipped over that line. That is worriesome, but I can’t help but wonder if they’re not just trying to confuse us so we aren’t onto what’s going on in season 7. If Cas is God, and they ended it the way the ended it, don’t they have to focus on that at least some? It would be suicide if they just ignored it after the build up.

• holmes says:

I think most people are connecting the dots (abrupt illogical change in Cas’s character arc plus blind item about a beloved character being killed off early next season plus conflicting statements about Misha’s status with the show plus Misha branching off into other projects) and coming up with the show runners made a poor decision that will come back to bite them, ie Castiel is going to be written out ASAP next season with an unsatisfying resolution. I imagine he’s going to have difficultly holding on to the souls he ate and will explode like Balty predicted.

• Ashley says:

Yeah… I hope it doesn’t end up that way. That would be the end of the show as we know it. I’m just trying to have faith, but the more I read the comments and reread the article the more I think you’re right. Ugh.

27. kelly says:

I can’t believe that had the show not been picked up for another season that would have been our send off. Horrible!! And a big FU to the fans. They need to redeem Cass and go back to the original mythology of the show. That’s why it was so successful. I can see straying a bit, but the basis for the story line needs to be unchanged. And why was there no follow through on the Adam character? I don’t think Sam and dean would leave him to rot in the cage without a fight at least. He wasn’t even really mentioned!! I think to save the show at this point, redeem cass, even if he is killed, redeem him first! And make Ben really deans child, so the winchester mythology can continue with him. Dare I say it, but kill off Lisa (sorry, I like her too but…) and have him raised as a hunter. I know its been done, but isn’t that what we all loved about this show to begin with?

• Jenny Finster says:

I ADORE Lisa. For real, adore her. And Cindy Sampson is a doll. The way Lisa dealt with Dean and his PTSD is how I deal with my dad’s PTSD and I just love her.
      All the same, I was kind of hoping for exactly what you said to happen.

28. Valarie says:

I PERSONALLY DONT KNOW WHY everyone is freaking he will be back just not a series regular. Bobby was not listed as a series regular this year and I feel he was in it just as much as CASS if not more. She didnt say he was completely gone from the show.!!!

29. Me says:

Noooooo!!!! Worst news ever!!!!

30. Emily says:

I think everyone needs to calm down! Okay I get it I love Misha so much and I think Cas is a very important and beloved character…..but just bc he isn’t a series regular anymore doesn’t mean you won’t see him at all. If you remember Misha wasn’t a series regular in season 4 and we still saw plenty of Cas! So I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and trust Eric, Sara, and Ben….besides has anyone stop to think that maybe Misha didn’t want to be in as many episodes because he has a baby now and maybe he wants to spend a little more time at home?!?! So just calm down people and support Supernatural season 7!!!! :)

31. cc says:

Just throwing my 2 cents in….I’m disappointed in the Cas storyline and I’m very sad to hear that Misha won’t be a regular in S7. He’s been a great addition to the show. Boo

32. Relax says:

Relax, friends… Jim Beaver (Bobby Singer) isn’t a series regular and look how often he’s on the show. It doesn’t mean the character is over or gone.

33. angeldove says:

It is a mistake to demote Cas as a series regular. He is a fan favorite, and you made him the focal point of the finale! You turned the one good angel left, bad.

34. Deborah says:

I was SO happy when I thought Misha was returning as a regular and I am SO angry to learn the opposite! My only hope is that Misha’s Cas is in season seven as much as he was in season four. The show, to me, is no longer about ONLY the two brothers; despite what Sera may believe. It is about the trio: Dean, Sam, and Cas.

35. Ashley says:

Just gonna go ahead and say, while there were many things I disliked about this season, I am not going to go blaming it all on Gamble. Now that Cas won’t be around as much, I don’t think it was the result of some “plotting” on her part or anything to get rid of Cas. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, and Kripke and Edlund really do have major input, whether we all want to admit it or not.

That being said, I liked the twist the finale took. For me it kind of made up for a lot of what happened this season. I feel like Dean and Castiel’s relationship was bound to take this type of turn with the way Dean treated him for the past season, which was essentially abuse. He didn’t care about the priorities Cas had in Heaven, leaving Cas to make these decisions without having someone who really cared to give their input and talk him out of it before it was too late.

With all that happening, I don’t think it should be expected for Cas to be around much longer. I think keeping him around would be the equivalent of having Chuck around as a regular; his role was so big/mysterious that it might have been hard to get back to the boys, which is what (in my opinion) is the most important.

And that’s all I’ll say about that for now.

36. JanieBee says:

This article only says he will not be a series regular. It doesn’t say he won’t be a recurring character. Bobby is only a recurring character and look how often we see him. I’m excited to see what the writers(Kripke included) have planned for season 7. Cas going “dark side”(although heartbreaking) is a huge twist and great for the plot for next season. Think of the possibilites..and angst for the boys. Can’t wait to see where they go from here!!

37. Nick says:

Well, I also did not like this news, but Lucifer was not regular, and Cass is now somehow a villain, so it is expected that he would not be regular, I think you have to rely on Sera =)

38. cas ryan says:

im severely disappointed with the direction their taking cas my main reason for watching the show was cas and deans relationship now thats been tarnished i dint think ill watch it i hope sera and co are reading these comments and realise that is a sucky storyline

39. Tavis says:

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!! Castiel has RUINED the show for me. Glad they are going back to focusing on JUST the boys!!

40. Sarah says:

Well im gonna be sad when Cas goes away for sure im a total Castiel Fan ,but i do agree the show was originally about the winchesters not Just Castiel ,i fell in love w/the show on the first Episode ,yes in season 4 when i first saw cas I thought he was awesome ,but i understand that they have to keep the stories diffrent and all but i just wish they could keep Misha . but maybe why he isnt going to be a series regular is because he is also producing & staring in the the Divine Series .

41. Tavis says:

I hope they kill Cas off in the premiere and we never hear from him again. Hopefully Chuck comes back and finishes him off.

42. Wasafan says:

Here in Chicago the finale hasn’t even aired yet – won’t until Sunday. I didn’t expect to see an entire synposis of the finale in this article, just the reason Misha Collins won’t be a series regular next year. I wish that there had been a spoiler warning.

43. DrDx says:

The season ender rocked. Sorry to see Misha not a regular but maybe this means the boys may be involved in finding the MIA God and setting the universe back to normal. Would love to see them explore the H.P Lovecraft Cthulhu mythos more. We’ve already seen the Gods of Mythology but maybe the Titans and the First Gods need to make themselves known before this whole thing is put to bed!

44. Ashley says:

“Collins is expected to return for the Season 7 opener, but how much of a presence he will have on the show beyond that, if any, is a mystery Gamble can’t delve into “without giving away a lot about the premiere,” she says.”

Oh oh. Anyone thinking John Winchester-like drama? In the first episode of season 2 and then killed off at the end of that eppie? Crap. I love Cas, I hope this doesn’t happen.

45. Lily says:

After that mind-blowing finale, I am blown away by Misha not being a series regular next season. It’s almost like a demotion in my eyes. Clearly this new aspect of Castiel is pivotal in some way, and yes, it’s dark, but he played it off beautifully. I am looking forward to next season and how the entire story continues to unfold.

46. me says:

Cass has to appear in season 7. I don´t understand what is Sera doing with the show, but i don´t like it.

I know it was a story about two brother, but it´s not that anymore. Now it´s a story about supernatural, about demons and angels, about two brothers, one almost father of them (bobby) one “angel” Cass, and lot´s of more.
    I love this show, it´s my favourite show, but if they keep doing this i´ll have to stop watching it because they are destroying it.

47. Kristal says:

I’m sorry, but as much as I love Cas and the actor who plays it, the show has always been about Dean and Sam, hunting with the Impala.
    They must be the only regular stars in Supernatural. No one else. Not even Bobby, who’s been there way long before Cass came.
    Just Dean and Sam.
    The others are just guests: they come, they go; sometimes they help, sometimes they don’t; sometimes you can’t just not love them, like Cass and Bobby. But if they got in too, that wouldn’t be Supernatural.
    Let’s keep it as it always was.

• Jeff says:

Sorry, but you’re simply wrong. If they got in too, that wouldn’t be Supernatural? We had two seasons with Cas as a regular cast member and it WAS Supernatural. What in the world are you talking about?

As I already said: we’re entering season 7. The show should be changing and evolving, yet you say “Let’s keep it as it always was”? Go watch seasons 1-3 over and over if that’s how you feel. Wanting a show to stay stagnant is ridiculous.

• Tavis says:

Sorry Jeff, but YOU are simply wrong. These past couple of seasons with Castiel have NOT been Supernatural. The show is about the BROTHERS, not their angel friend. Finally the CW has come to its senses and is fixing this thing.

• holmes says:

Funny, I thought this show was about FAMILY. It’s kind of silly that the boys are only allowed one important family member each. Dean+Sam+Bobby+Cas is the family unit I enjoy seeing most on the show. Dean+Sam was too insular.

• Enough says:

Jeff,

You are wrong it wasn’t Supernatural it became the Angel show towards the end and I don’t tune in to Supernatural to watch Angels. I don’t mind characters coming and going it’s part of SPN, what I mind is when they take over.

Jensen was hardly in the season finale same with Sam during the first half, it was about Castiel, hell and Crowley. I was about to turn off the TV out of because I was bored.

For every focus on the Angels that means less story time for Sam and Dean, and monsters of the week and the mini horror show.

48. Jessica sainsbury says:

Dean said himself.. Take it easy cas, the eclipse ain’t over yet, just calm down before you go nuclear… Something like that. So I am tending to think that season 7 ep 1 is either going to be Cas exploding! Or god casting him down or smiting him. I’m totally “team castiel” so I say this with a heavy heart! But if he’s not going to be a regular, this is the only thing I can think of that makes sense. That.. And Misha is busy with DIVINE THE SERIES, which is gonna be an awesome web show btw.. So I could see why he would want to part ways with supernatural right now :/

49. Jen5 says:

Am so pleased with the news. The angel storyline had become repetitive and boring–and Sam and Dean supporting characters in a fantasy series symbolized by Castiel. He should have been written out at the end of Season 4. The Dean-Castiel slash bit was getting embarassing. Like to see Dean have sexual tension with a female person.Look forward to the human story of Sam and Dean’s struggle against evil having to solve problems on their own rather than being zapped out of any situation by angel magic. That will challenge the writers who’ve had the easy way out of simply letting Cas save the day over and over and over again. An occasional appearance by an evil Cas will give the series a chance to grow beyond the tired angel bit it has been stuck in since season 4. Gutsy call by Sara; congratulations to you.

• A says:

“The Dean-Castiel slash bit was getting embarassing. Like to see Dean have sexual tension with a female person”

Well, at least we’ve pleased the homophobes. Great job, Gamble!

50. Eve says:

I dont like the whole angel thing but I also dont hate it. ist was an important ära for seasons and although Im a Samgirl Idont want to miss cas. those 4 (sam, dean, cas & bobby) have be part of it all the time it would be sn if someone is out.