Exclusive

Supernatural Exclusive: Misha Collins Won't Be a Series Regular for Season 7

Brace yourself, Supernatural fans (as if Friday night’s finale didn’t already rob you of most every breath): Though his alter ego now is a bigger force than ever to be reckoned with, Misha Collins will not be returning to the CW series as a regular next season, TVLine has learned.

After making a rock star entrance in Season 4, Castiel quickly became a fan favorite, but the Winchesters’ angel ally has gone from heavenly to sinister this season. In Friday night’s finale, he opened the door to purgatory –- inside himself! –- and became a soul-powered God. And nobody was going to get in his way. Not Raphael, not Crowley, not even the Winchesters, whom he gave the ultimate choice in the show’s final minutes: allegiance, or death.

So why the decision to not bring back Collins as a series regular, just when Cas seems to be at his most… almighty?

“When it comes to Supernatural, our philosophy is that everyone moves in and out and weaves in and out of the story, obviously with the exception of Sam and Dean,” executive producer Sera Gamble tells TVLine. “We love Misha. We love and adore the character of Castiel. His character developed to this extent and went in this unexpected direction because we were so inspired by him.”

The season finale cliffhanger “is a very pivotal moment in Cas’ development,” Gamble adds, describing the character as “transformed.” “Basically, that’s what we’ll be exploring next season, so there’s just a big change.”

A change so big it calls for less of a focus on Cas and the goings-on in heaven? While there will be angel stories in Season 7, “they will probably be more self-enclosed,” reveals Gamble.

“[In Season 6], we consciously kept some of this angel civil war off camera because we are interested in what happens on Earth,” she explains. “We are interested in what happens in the purview of the boys. We feel that in terms of what we can accomplish, the scope of the show, our storyline is best accomplished where the Impala can go.”

Two other names familiar to Supernatural fans however will be back – creator Eric Kripke and executive producer Ben Edlund. Gamble assures us that despite being left off a CW press release touting next season, Kripke and Edlund are hard at work on the seventh cycle. “Their titles have changed,” she explains. “There are a lot of technical and contractual reasons that people’s titles change that don’t necessarily reflect their level of involvement or commitment to the show. … They’ve been in the [writers] room with me every day this week.”

Supernatural fans, are you disappointed that Misha Collins won’t be a series regular next season? What did you think of Cas’ dark turn in the season finale? And what are your hopes for Season 7?

1. Kimmie says:

Um…Susie YES Misha WAS a regular this season. He was signed on as a regular and then, after moving his pregnant wife to Vancouver, they barely used him during the early part of the season.

But he was very much a regular this season.

2. Taryn says:

What? WHATTT!?!

What is going ON here? I don’t know if I can watch this anymore. Cas was the biggest draw for me in S6. This season has practically destroyed Dean as a character, and now Cas won’t be around?

I cannot even put into words how depressing this is right now.

3. Cassandra Winchester says:

Holy Cass Almighty!
    Can’t you see people how much we ADORE Castiel? He has to stay regular on SPN ’cause he’s such an awesome character! Sam and Dean and even Bobby had made evil alliances and crappy choices before and they turned his back on Cass? the one who always saved them? The one who even lost his grace ’cause of them and was always a warrior with or without his powers? Come on! Misha should stay on SPN, ’cause we love him! Sera Gamble, you’re not taking the right choices here and better beware of Misha’s minions’s wrath!

4. torimiko says:

I love the character Castiel and I adore Misha Collins. I’m really looking forward to his new projects and hope the show survives this revamp. Purgatory is open people. There will be lots of things to gank.

5. Billie says:

Very sad about this decision to not have Misha be a regular cast member. His introduction has got to be the best entrance of a main character I’ve ever seen on TV. He’s been a major reason why I watch the show. The chemistry between the brothers and Cass is so well written; I’ll reserve judgement about this new storyline until next season. I urge the powers-that-be to reconsider this decision.

6. valeen says:

This is one of the worst decisions the show has ever made!!! And after the crazy finale, this is where they’re going with his character?! WTH?!?

7. RandomPerson1 says:

Okay, first off, I am sick and tired of some of the fans complaining about how the show needs a good female character. ITS MADE IT SIX SEASONS WITHOUT ONE. Bela annoyed me, as did Ruby. Anna was okay, but meh. And Lisa, ugh… She just, no. No. And now, so i am not off topic, onto Misha… Im really going to miss having him around as much. He added something really special to the show, i dont care what anyone says. And yeah i get that Supernatural is about Sam and Dean, but now that they have made it passed co-dependency thier relationship has become kinda boring, not gonna lie. i miss protective!bigbrother!Dean. :( And i really hate what they have done to Cas….. Ahem, enough of my ranting. Carry on.

• Maya says:

I hope you get help for your mysoginy and educate yourself. If you’re a woman, I feel sorry for you.

I know (amd am disgusted by it) that part of fandom doesn’t want women on the show. What bothers me more owever, is that the writers fanservice these jackasses.

8. Slasher says:

Here’s how the S7ep1 is going down(My Thoughts) They try to kill Castiel, they kill his vessel and he escapes to another vessel making it pointless to even use any of there weapons against him and thus bringing in a new body and chucking Misha out….FREAKING LAME!

9. Rochelle says:

I love my winchester boys. But haven’t we seen them cry over one another enough?

and haven’t we seen enough “coping with hell memories”? This year was so filled with zero character development, gaping plot holes, ridiculous fanservice, and pure filler that it’s become a parody of itself.

Getting rid of the angel plotline is a good move. As much as I will miss Castiel (not the stupid “god” evil castiel but the angel) I’m sock of heaven vs hell. However, they needed to end it a bit more decisively than what happened tonight. It was…poorly thought out and even more poorly executed.

It almost seems like Castiel’s plotline was sort of thrown in towards the end as if by accident. This show…I have season 1-5 on dvd and watch them frequently but I don’t know if I’ll by season 6 or even watch season 7.

10. Rob Lopez says:

People change, characters change. That`s what makes life and Supernatural exciting. I have faith in the team that has brought us great stories and character arcs since day one.

11. windykl says:

no offense, but not all spn fans love cas…and i’m glad to see his role reduced..this show is about sam and dean winchester…and i’m glad to see the focus being put back on them…i am a happy girl right now!!!

12. Ali says:

Sure, people and characters change. But they just ended their sixth season with a huge cliffhanger related to a beloved character, and now we find out that character’s probably gonna bite it abruptly in the season premiere? Come on. That’s not a natural outgrowth of the story. It’s someone getting upset that a character is more popular than their favorite, and axing them out of spite. Pure and simple.

13. Leo says:

Cas’ character is boring and Collins’ acting sucks, it will be a great relieve that I don’t need to put up with that any more. But then, since Cas’ such a Dean-centric character and has near to zeor interaction with other characters, I can totally understand why all the raging Dean!girls love Cas so much as they actually think the whole world should be revolving aroung Dean. Time to have your pills, Dean!girls.

• Moe says:

“BEST THING EVER. It will be even better if we can get rid of EK and Edlund completely. The only thing can top that is EK die a horrible death of course. Good job Sera, I admire you defied the loudest and bitchest fans in this fandom.”

That is truly sick. I can’t stand Gamble, but I would NEVER wish death on her!!!

For you to wish death on Eric Kripke. That’s just sick. And you’re calling out Dean fans? Take a look in the mirror. You just wished death on a REAL PERSON.

• Ali says:

I think this says it better than any other post thus far. This is what support for your actions looks like, Gamble. Take a good, hard look.

• lolz says:

Right? This is what Kripke and Gamble have been pandering to. Sorta explains why the show has gone down the tubes these last couple of years. Well done gang. I say run Misha, run and please take Jensen with you. ‘Cuz you both deserve to be on shows where your talents are actually appreciated.

• chelle says:

lmao are you really debating acting skills on a CW show? come on now. Jensen relies on gruff voice with averted eyes and Jared has maybe two facial expressions.

14. Joy in Seattle says:

I get it. Cas is going up to Heaven to deal with being God. He won’t be on the ground going after monsters every episode. Meanwhile, Dean & Sam will be dealing with the fallout on Earth of His mistakes. This doesn’t mean Misha won’t be around, he just won’t be a regular.

• LoveMyBoys says:

Honey, maybe you missed the memo. Castiel is not “God”. He IS the new monster next season. They’re either going to kill him in the first episode, which is heavily hinted at in the article…. or he’ll be like Azazel, Lilith, Lucifer, even Eve. We saw them for only a few episodes while the real Heroes of the story, Dean and Sam (with Bobby’s help) figured out how to kill them.

• Jeff says:

“Honey”, that’s not what they’re hinting at at all.

• LoveMyBoys says:

@Jeff, I’d like to see you and the Minions spin this then: “how much of a presence he will have on the show beyond that, IF ANY, is a mystery Gamble can’t delve into ‘without giving away a lot about the PREMIERE’ “? Besides that, you apparently missed the memo too, bless your heart. Castiel is evil. One of the Winchesters already tried to kill him and he threatened all their lives like Lucifer, so if they don’t manage early in the season, he’s what they’ll be hunting.

For 2 seasons now, we’ve been told that the SN God brought him back. He thinks he’s a “God” now, so it’s possible the REAL SN God will zap him in the first few seconds and that will be the end of him. Since SN uses the Christian God as their base for all the angel-arc storylines, everyone knows He’s a vengeful God and wouldn’t allow a CREATURE as powerful as Castiel to remain on Earth.

15. TJ_Powers says:

I don’t know anyone is to go and discredit Sara for her work. No one here is able to do the kind of work she does, and you do not hear anyone that works with her complain either. Since Supernatural began appearing on friday nights, their ratings went up! That goes to show that she is doing something right!! And FYI, I think that they have been creative from the get-go considering they never expected to move beyond season 5. To bring in Purgatory; The mother of all; dragons and a phoenix… not to mention give a more importance to Castiel’s role this season… it would have just been more of the same… I dunno where they go from here but I am eager to find out… and Misha will be missed but I am sure they will find a way to have him last on this show.

• Melissa says:

–”I don’t know anyone is to go and discredit Sara for her work. No one here is able to do the kind of work she does, and you do not hear anyone that works with her complain either.”–

Seriously?? I hate this kind of “logic”. ‘Cause I might now be able to make a pie, but I can tell you if it tastes like crap. I might not be able to knit a sweater but I can tell if one is poorly made. Likewise, I might not be able to make a write a hit TV show, but I can sure tell you if the plot is stagnant.

Going back to S1/S2 stuff is just regressing back to something that has a short life span. I think it’s a bad choice for the series as a whole because people have gotten far too attached to characters, friendships, etc other than JUST Sam and Dean.

• MC says:

They gave LESS importance to Castiel’s role. He went from beloved Team Free Will family member to too bad, so sad you’re a monster now gotta kill ya bye.

16. Abbey says:

Dean and Sam needed a new God for this show to continue and for their to be a continued conflict (and purpose for a plot). I LOVE Misha as an actor, but Cas becoming less prevalent (because he’s G.O.D. and has to run things) now has made way for their to be an interesting plot in the future.

17. WaxDoll says:

YES!! THANK YOU! This show is supposed to be about Sam and Dean. It was never supposed to be about Sam, Dean and Cas. Cas has worn out his welcome, and its far past time for him to GTFO and take the rest of this angel/heaven crap storyline with him.

• Jeff says:

You mean the storyline that made 4/5 the most loved/critically acclaimed seasons of the show?

Yeah, you’re dumb.

18. Nicki says:

So was this the answer to the popular character dying in the finale/premiere blind item?

19. Julia says:

The series stars Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester, Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester and Misha Collins as Castiel. SUPERNATURAL is from Warner Bros. Television in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG (“Charlie’s Angels,” “The O.C.”), Robert Singer (“Midnight Caller”), Sera Gamble and Phil Sgriccia.

THE OFFICIAL CW website lists Sam and Dean and Cas as STARS.

Get your fact straight TVline, way to go…= =

20. chelsea says:

this is heartbreaking news. & it means my top 3 favorite characters will no longer be in the show, or so i assume. John, Cas, & Lisa… but Dean is next and i’ve grown attached to each and every character. this will definitely not be the end of the show for me, though i’ll miss Misha/Castiel like crazy. I’m looking forward to where the show goes & where Misha’s career goes as well.

& hey, i’m sure we’ll still see our Misha at conventions and such so what’s the big deal? these writers have kept us at the edge of our seats for years… i don’t think they will change that now either.

21. Casangel says:

I am so upset about Misha/Cas not being on as a regular next season!
    He has gotten to be as much a part of the show as the boys! Taking him away will affect the fanbase immensely. And talk about the Minions being in an uproar! This is horrible news! Take the show away from Sera and give it back to Kripke so it won’t blow like the entire first half of this season did!

22. Doctor Eckleburg says:

I sense a lot of angry Dean/Castiel fanfiction writers on here. Probably from Tumblr or something.

The story has worn itself out. Yes, the codependency is annoying but it has been necessary thus far. The horrible production of this season doesn’t have anything to do with Sam’s character or Sera’s boner for Sam, it has everything to do, though, with her inability to carry out these arcs in a manner that is consistent with the show. They had Dean basically abandon Sam and throw away the amulet only for Cas and Dean to become “brothers” and that’s what threw it off. The boys needs a character they can both interact with to freshen the tired go-to stories. And that’s not Castiel. I think if Castiel and Sam were closer, it would be worth complaining about but as it stands, Castiel’s storyline has run its course. They’ve made him god now. He can’t be with them much.

That is, if they even do limit his presence. Chances are it’s just a billing change or something and he’ll be there when we need him to be.

• windykl says:

yeah i must have missed the part where dean and cas became “brothers” or that sam would die for him?? ep. 20 was so OOC for sam/dean….i would consider him a friend, but family…not so much..and esp. what he did tonight to sam….

• SPN fan says:

Bravo. That has always been a problem with Cas – his lack of real interaction with Sam. When he did “interact” with Sam, he screwed him over. Let’s not forget that he let Sam out of the panic room, considered him an “abomination”, left his soul in the cage and preceded to ignore his prayers for a year and then tore down his wall in tonight’s episode.

• JenniA says:

So if Castiel was tight with Sam it’s all good for you? Lol. Whatever.

23. emma says:

well looks like season 7 is guna start off bad coz they takening out cas. if people stop watching maby they will bring him back

24. Liz says:

I don’t get why is everyone freaking out over this thing? They’ve just started planning season 7. Misha is not a series regular, it doesn’t mean that they are killing Castiel off. Last I checked he wasn’t a series regular in season 4 and he was in most of the season. And as far as I remember, he was a series regular in season 6 but we barely got to see him most of the season. Wouldn’t that mean that they were paying him as a regular for episodes he barely appeared in or didn’t appear in? We know very well that the financial position of this show isn’t the best and this could be a way for them to manage the budget. For all we know, we’ll get to see more of Cas next season rather than have him drop in for a minute per episode. A lot of us have gotten emotionally invested in the show and its characters, including Castiel. I don’t think that the writers will kill off the character without considering the fans.

And why are people blaming Sera. It’s been mentioned before, Kripke has final say of what goes in and what doesn’t. Whatever that happens in season 7, Kripke has approved. As for Ben’s invlovment, a lot of great writers left when Kripke was in charge too, that doesn’t mean Kripke drove them away it just means that those writers were given oppurtunities that they were interested in.

• Maddy says:

Well said, Liz!!!

• Ali says:

“Collins is expected to return for the Season 7 opener, but how much of a presence he will have on the show beyond that, if any, is a mystery Gamble can’t delve into “without giving away a lot about the premiere,” she says.”

Just a guess, but I’d say it’s the “if any” that’s got people worried. Why on Earth would you even set up a story like this and axe it in the season premiere? I mean, no one even would’ve THOUGHT that way until she brought it up. So the question is, why bring it up? Possibly because she’s killing Cas off in the first ep.

• Sara says:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Im honestly curious about how they are going to work this…I still have hope for S7

….tbh Im still waiting for Chuck to come back from skeeballing and be God again -_-;

25. Enoug says:

I am also pretty sure this has a lot to do with budget as well, their budget is probably being cut in half.

I think people need to take a few chill pills and relax… Not everything is Sera’s fault, blaming her is like pulling the trigger before you get your target in sight. She has bosses to answer to mind you, they work closely with the studio. You know those executives men in suits that pay her =)

26. BTS says:

There’s plenty of complaining. It just all happens behind the scenes. If these so-called journalists actually did their jobs once in a while instead of just spewing out whatever press release the CW sends out, then maybe y’all would know what’s really going on with some of these decisions.

27. Bri says:

Dear Lord, say it ain’t so! DX This has to be some of the worst news I’ve ever heard! D: Supernatural just isn’t the same without that Misha/Cas bit to it. I loved that angel the second he appeared in the show! I was really looking forward to how this new evil take on would go with Cas :( Siiigh. We’ll see how this goes. Either way, I still am with the show and I’m watchin’ it till the end! Writers, I’m trusting you here… Cas, I’LL MISS YOU AS A REGULAR! DX

28. Patricia says:

I agree with those that said the “show is about Dean and Sam”. I for one will not abandon the show just because they decided to limit Cas’/Misha’s screen time, even though I really fell in love with Cas. The show is about 2 brothers hunting monsters and their escapades therein…not about an angel protecting two boys from harm. I mean really, it’s like becoming a so-called hard-core fan of, say Doctor Who, and then disliking it because he regenerated into a different actor…shows like these evolve, if they did not they would remain stagnant and boring. That’s all Supernatural is doing, evolving…and I for one will remain a forever fan–wearing out my DVDs in between series.

29. RowdyBug says:

Yeah I’m sad about it but maybe Misha wanted less time again this year to spend with his kid! Doesn’t mean I’m happy about but he wasn’t on that much in the first part of the year. Maybe they are building on it. But I was hoping they would be able to get the souls out of him and he would return to normal ole Cas again!

30. disgruntled says:

WTF? Misha/Castiel was the breath of fresh air that I needed – yes, a fan from the very first season. I love my Sam and Dean angst and their brotherly bonds, but at some point, they need to grow the eff up. Castiel as a character broke the brothers out of their claustrophobic attachment and offered a glimpse of life to them beyond being doomed hunters.

I can’t believe the idiocy of the show runners. After six years, I’m done with the Sam and Dean drama. Let the show evolve, gdi. On the fence about watching the season. I can’t believe this crap.

31. maria says:

I felt like the angels storyline should have ended with Lucifer’s defeat in S5, so this is welcome news. There’s nothing to really do with Cas other than make him an adversary. It’s not like he could hang around the Wincesters on hunts 24-7, because most hunts would be over in like 5 minutes and so what do they do with the rest of the episode? LOL. The angels were given so much power that they just don’t WORK on a regular episode-to-episode level outside of the apocalypse context.

Cas was a good, interesting character but I agree with the commenters who’ve said that Sam and Dean need to defeat more major enemies by themselves. I’ve been feeling like they’ve become too reliant on others’ abilities and aren’t growing into greater heroes themselves because of it.

32. spn-djinn says:

This is the worst possible news for me. Count me as one of those who will not be interested in watching Season 7 and the Sam and Dean show.

• SPN Fan says:

You do know that’s it’s ALWAYS been the Sam and Dean show, right?

• Ali says:

You know that it hasn’t been the JUST Dean and Sam show for 3 years now, right?

• Enough says:

Some people seem to have forgotten that and would like it to be the Dean/Cas show and screw Sam ;) even though he is what’s most important to Dean they would love to take that away from him.

• Ali says:

Interesting that you say that, and yet you want to take Cas away from him, who he loves and considers to be like a brother. How cruel!

• godricsgirl says:

No it hasn’t always been only the sam/dean show, even from the 1st episode. The way the boys are affected by their dad and other family members (like bobby and cas) have been SO very important since the first scene and that is why the show survived. The show has always been about family, blood and otherwise.

• Ali says:

Exactly, godricsgirl. It’s the family that you choose, not just the family you born with. And Dean has said, over and over again, that Cas is part of the family now. If we’ve kept Bobby this long, we’d darn well better be able to keep Cas.

• Newsflash says:

You DO know that some people started watching in season 4 because the angel mythology added a new, interesting dimension to the show, right? And those people have a right to their disappointment. Suddenly the show they fell in love with probably won’t exist anymore.

33. Kat says:

This is truly the best news I’ve heard about Supernatural in a long, long time! Thank you thank you thank you! I didn’t know if I wanted to see a season 7 – I want Jensen and Jared to move on to the bigger and better that they truly deserve for their talent. But I also want my favorite show to go out on a high note. If it does it by killing this character once and for all in true “gank the bad guy who calls himself god Supernatural style”, I will be a very happy woman! (Kill him in the first episode and I’ll be even happier. Are you listening Sera?)

I think I’ll party all summer over this news!!! Woohoo!!!

34. Mae says:

I love the brothers Winchester – they for me are the heart and soul of the show. Supernatural is Sam’n’Dean, not Sam’n’Dean’n’Cas.

Cas was a GREAT addition, but I don’t understand why people are threatening to jump ship on the show simply because he won’t be a series regular next season. Cas has always been a supporting character to Sam and Dean – who really only watches a show for a supporting character…apparently more than I thought and more than make sense.

I’m hoping for a re-vamp of the show next season as this season left me feeling somewhat blah. I think re-directing the focus back on Sam and Dean is a good first step.

• Ali says:

I don’t only watch for Cas, but I won’t be back if they kill him off. My favorite character is actually Dean, but I can’t stand Dean’s relationship with Sam anymore. It literally sickens me when Sam blames him for something Sam’s done and Dean grovels like a kicked puppy. Fallen Idols killed their relationship for me, PoNR salted and burned its corpse, and now I can’t stand their interactions because I remember that crap.

So having a character that can diffuse those claustrophobic interactions is the only way I can watch the show now. Kill him off, so the brothers are the only thing left, and I won’t be able to watch.

• Fae says:

Well, that may be what Supernatural is for you. But for me Supernatural is Dean’n’Sam’n’Cas’n’Bobby. It’s the magic of those four that’s really special now, not just the two.

35. Dina says:

Well, there goes my ‘eye candy’!! But I have a GREAT IDEA!!!

BRING BACK ‘The Trickster’ RICHARD SPEIGHT JR.!!!!!!!

He was BRILLIANT in that role and is missed very much!!

GREAT IDEA, RIGHT EVERYONE??

We’ll miss you Misha….a lot! Get your own show now and make

lots more money! xo

• MGMI says:

Not a great idea at all. He was killed by Lucifer. Let all the angles go for good already. Pagan Gods are more interesting than angels. I liked Kali and she survived. Fate is interesting too, I want to meet her sisters.

Monsters: yay
      Angels: nay

36. frenchie says:

This is such a load of BS. Misha not being a regular is like the last nail on the coffin. I’m so disappointed. And I’m done with this show.

37. liuliwuyu says:

If they kill Castiel of on the first ep., I’m going to have some serious problem with underedveloped story arcs.
    Seriously, the eve, the everyone’s girlgriend, the Wall, the soul–you name it.
    Auh, need a good show here!

• Kae says:

S6 was a mess of underdeveloped and dropped story threads. Anyone really surprised Kripke is back on the team? I don’t believe for a moment he was in the writers room every day. I hope Kripke, Singer and Edlund can help create a coherent season 7. Sera’s a great writer, but she seriously needs help outlining an entire season.

38. Cole says:

well sad, given the developments of the finale, this is completely unsuprising. Cas can’t be a regular in S7 for the same reason Lucifer wasn’t in S5: It is exceedingly difficult (bordering on impossible) to construct a convincing narrative with a villan orders of magnitude more powerful than the protagonist, going head to head.

There is no way that you can have God Almighty, personally show up to fight against our heroes and fail, much less dragging such a scenario out over the course of an entire season. There’s three millennia of literature to back this up. God(s) always work through agents, or else are trivialized by their own storys.

39. Kae says:

Love Castiel, but I’m not surprised by this development. Cas was brought in to rescue Dean from hell (writer’s strike improv) and to provide a heavenly perspective to the Apocalypse storyline. That he remained was a testament to Misha Collins’ popularity and his success in portraying Castiel. But once the Apocalypse ended and the civil war in heaven began, how could Sam and Dean be involved in something like that? They can’t fight on Castiel’s behalf. And the SPN story is about them, not an angelic war. Maybe they should do a spin-off… Anyway, just not surprised.

40. Kris says:

They should have just killed the stupid angel in the 6.20 instead of making us wait for this angel crap to be over. Then we could have had a happy finale instead of a stupid one.

Sam and Dean centric eps, my a$$.

41. joan says:

I’ll miss Misha but not Castiel and his bag of handy dandy magic tricks. All the easy, saves, healing, magic traspo, etc. made the boys lazy and left them sitting on the sidelines waiting for the magic angel save rather than the major actors in their own play. Looking forward to the Winchesters getting the job done on their once own again.

42. kat says:

Come on people! First his role is only REDUCED not ended so he’s not going to die. He’s a regular now and was in what, less than half the episodes this season? So he won’t be listed in opening credits – HE’S STILL GOING TO BE PART OF THE SHOW!

Second Misha has other projects besides SPN to work on and a charity to run along with being a new dad that actually gives a crap about his family (looking at you Sheen) so all the Cass die-hard fans start supporting his other projects. Take the passion you feel toward Castiel and put it 100% behind Misha’s projects

Third stop blaming Sera for everything. Kripke still writes and has a lot of input in the direction. There are a dozen other writers as well that contribute. Easiest solution if you don’t like the writers direction of the show – stop watching. If the show has been such a let down for you this season, or the past 6 seasons then just stop watching, find another show, and be happy – until that show tries to move the story along…then find another show.

So really Castiel fans the ball is in your court. Support Misha and his projects and accept his “gueststar” status in SPN or don’t and complain online and make the fandom look like a group of whiny angels in a slap fight.

• Sara says:

I adore Cas and I love Misha. And Ive been getting behind Misha’s charity, given what little I can. Im actually pretty excited for Divine! And Misha always felt more like a guest star this season instead of a regular anyway :/.

43. casammy says:

This one well the new course that takes or better even this everything being re-prosecuted, the angels and demons always screwed the life of dean and sam, manipulated and used them without importing anything, they know that his life is a long road and in his world they all go and come and the only constants are dean and sam and only they can entrust one in other one, always it has been like that and it was evident that cas this one doing an evil I walk, too much power in an alone hand never ends well and if cas returns goes to be to face a very angry dean, even it did not make him pay put with his baby bro, we all know that dean never excuses that he is the one who is get with sammy, it is not possible to be annoyed since the history goes from here, finally again dean and sammy together against all, angels, demons or any supernatural being

44. madcap says:

Kripke once said that the fans worry too much and that he would never betray the fans. Well I feel like these past two seasons, every fear I have ever had for the ill-treatment of my favorite characters have come true and and I feel well and truly betrayed. Dean and Cas have been marginalized in ways that even I could not have imagined, and all in order to prop up Sam and more importantly, JP. I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes but something is smelling really fishy in Denmark.

• Lani says:

You CAN NOT be serious about this comment. Really? Be upset about the characters, enjoy, but please do not insult Jared. Gawd, this fandom is so ridiculous.

• BTS says:

It’s a valid question when you look at how much JP was shoved front an center (and often shirtless_ ahead of any other character. Misha’s time was scaled way back this season and Cas’ storyline took place almost entirely offscreen while we got episode after episode of soulless Sam and the Sam (and Dean) angsting about soulless Sam. This season is the most samcentric in a series that already revolved almost exclusively around him. So tell me, why the even bigger push? I think the answers are obvious to anyone with half a brain but we’re talking about SPN fandom which screams trust Kripke even while he screws over three-fourths of his fanbase, so even if the truth came out, no one would believe it.

45. Melissa says:

What the hell? This “explanation” makes no sense.

I don’t see them writing Bobby out of the show. This is the most disappointing news. It’s like we’re somehow being labeled as bad fans that have lost focus of what the show “is”. Excuse me for having a heart and loving your character that YOU chose to include as family on the show. YOU the show writers made him family. YOU gave us that bond with the character. So screw you and your passive agressive B.S.

I truly feel betrayed and lied to. If as a show head writer wanted to “tone down” the angel storyline WHY DID YOU BUILD IT BACK UP, make Cas family and then turn him a god? It would’ve just been better if they gave him a glorious tragic death. I don’t understand this.
    That finale made it look like Misha’s part was going to be more important than ever.
    *head desk*

46. kelly says:

Cass noooo! Misha nooooo!

47. Moe says:

“When it comes to Supernatural, our philosophy is that everyone moves in and out and weaves in and out of the story, obviously with the exception of Sam and Dean.”

Good, Sera, then why you are cutting out the expendable, get rid of Bobby. He’s been around since season 1, way longer than any other character on this show (excluding the boys). Get rid of the pain in the ass old guy who has more than served his purpose.

Or would that interfere too much with your plans for everyone to revolve around Sam and for Dean to have no one left who actually treats him decently?

48. Nat says:

Thank God finally!! Hope they don’t change their minds. The end of the angel story line should have come a lot sooner. The show is about Sam and Dean and not Castiel. Great news.

49. Jeff says:

It’s amazing to me the people who say “thank god, this show is ONLY about Sam and Dean”.

How about you go watch seasons 1-3 again and be happy? I for one, enjoy when TV shows evolve and new characters come into the mix. Are we ignoring the fact that Dean HIMSELF said Cas is family?

Cas is a fantastic character and deserves to be treated with as much respect as Sam and Dean at this point.

50. TVWatcher says:

The reaction here by the rabid fandom is why I stepped out of the fandom long ago. Way back before Season 3, they tend to overreact to everything..

I have been a true and loyal fan of the show since season 1. I have never thrown a fit when a character I liked was written out. (aka Bela and Jo and Ellen) I enjoyed their characters, but they aren’t what made Supernatural great to begin with. It was the brotherly bond that was torn down during season 4-5 and part of 6, When they added the Angel storyline it took away from the brotherly relationship.

I will be sorry to see Castiel go, but in the end this is about the Winchesters and their journey…

I wonder if people think this type of behavior is acceptable? I mean really threatening to leave, walk out, kill Sera have her salt and burned, kill Eric just because you don’t get your way. Think about how this behavior reflects on the entire fandom.