Scoop: Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz Joins Hung

Much-missed Ugly Betty alum Ana Ortiz has booked a multi-episode arc on HBO’s Hung.

The actress will play a woman with serious anger issues who becomes a client of part-time male prostitute Ray (Thomas Jane). Ray ends up helping her deal not only with her voracious sexual appetite, but also supporting her strong emotional needs.

In other HBO casting news, She’s Out Of My League star Alice Eve has been tapped for a four-episode arc on the upcoming final season of Entourage.

In a role created for her, Eve will play a journalist assigned to write a profile piece on Vincent (Adrian Grenier) who subsequently becomes a possible love interest for him.

Comments (8)

• Great! Love Her. I never watched an episode of Hung, but I think I’ll start now. :)

Comment by Joao – May 20, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hung is truly awful. Ana you can do better!

Comment by Jenny – May 20, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. She is too good an actress for this mess of a show. Run, Ana, run. And fire your agent while you’re at it.

Comment by mdaily – May 21, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen Hung, but love Ana Ortiz. Like many of the actors on Ugly Betty, she was greatly underrated. Whether her storylines on “Betty” were good or bad, she held my attention. She always hit every scene she was in right out of the park. She deserves so much better than a small role on a lesser rated HBO show. Smart will be the network exec who snaps her up and signs her.

Comment by april-ann – May 20, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing Ana’s pilot didn’t get picked up?

Comment by Sparky – May 20, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Count me in with those who love Ana Ortiz and think she deserves better than this.

Comment by Amy – May 21, 2011 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My dream has been for her to play Sofia Vergara’s sister on Modern Family

Comment by matt – May 22, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is so talented! She should have her OWN SHOW!

Comment by S – May 23, 2011 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post