Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What's New!

The networks have unveiled their lineups for the 2011-12 TV season, and this is your “snapshot” guide to all of the shiny and new dramas, comedies and (not too many) reality series that will be coming your way. (For the short-term memory-deficient, cancellations can be found here.)

Flip through this alphabetical slideshow — fall premieres are first, followed by a section of “Midseason” shows — and start planning your viewing. This night-by-night broadcast grid shows you what’s on against what, while our Printable Day-By-Day Calendar of the fall’s big debuts can be found here.

What’s good for fall? TVLine’s “First Impressions” of several freshman shows can be found here.

1. Stork says:

I’m looking forward to see:

Once Upon a Time ABC
    Charlie’s Angels ABC
    Revenge ABC
    Alcatraz FOX
    New Girl FOX
    Terra Nova FOX
    Grimm NBC
    Awake NBC
    Ringer CW
    The Secret Circle CW

2. Jozie says:

I will be soo angry if Bleep my Dad Says gets cancelled. it is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. I finally got my sister to watch it and she loved it. Couldn’t wait for the next episode. Unfortunately, The one she wastched was the season finalle. Try putting in in a better time slot or advertising it more. It takes one or two times watching it and you are hooked. Please do not cancel this show. We can’t even find out who Ed’s other kid is. They didn’t even show his face. It’s not fair to let us hanging!!!

3. Elle says:

I’ll try Terra Nova,Alcatraz,Revenge,Smash,Suburgatory,Are You There Vodka?It’s me Chelsea,Charlie’s Angels,Apartment 23,Pan Am,Once Upon A Time,Hart Of Dixie,Two Broke Girls,The Ringer and The Secret Circle

4. lacey says:

Are there trailers for any of these shows somewhere?

5. lacey says:

Once Upon a Time looks interesting, but I don’t see it lasting long. There’s no room for the show to grow, we already know what the end result is going to be.

6. Samantha says:

Yay for SMG and James Van Der Beek. Ringer and Apt 23 seem interesting!!

7. s says:

The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon wow they look just like the actors lol

8. While the majority of these shows look pretty awful, there are quite a few that I’m looking forward to. Up All Night, New Girl, and Bent are the sitcoms that stood out to me so far, while Prime Suspect, Smash, Terra Nova, and The Finder look promising. I don’t want to get too excited over any particular series, though, as poor ratings early can lead to a good show’s demise.

9. Guy says:

Looking forward to

Smash
    Once Upon a Time
    Apt 23
    Scandal
    The River
    Alcatraz
    Terra Nova
    The X Factor

10. Robbie says:

Still no black tv shows. Sad sad sad.

11. Inday says:

Another great interview! Scotty was composed and at the same time funny in his own unique way. Learned a lot about him in this interview. I like his laid back, old fashioned ways; another refreshing change for the public to see. He would go far in his career with this attitude.

-Michael – you made Lauren and Scotty’s personality shine more. Good Job!

12. Suzanne says:

The main character in How to Be a Gentleman is “Andrew” in the trailer, not “Alan” as in the write up for the slide. (did the people writing the captions see the trailers?)

13. Nathalie says:

I have decided I watch far too much tv so I am going on a diet. So Bones, House and The Good Wife will be my protein. As for the new stuff, I will wait to hear the reviews on which appears to be the best written.

14. monday says:

Excited about Scandal, Terra Nova, Ringer, Alcatraz & Up All Night…I will give the other shows a looksie.

15. nonabgo says:

Heart of Dixie (because I liked almost everything Bilson did)
    Ringer (desperately missed Sarah Michelle Gellar as I’m a huge fan of BTVS)
    maybe The Secret Circle for fun, although it looks a lot like TVD only without a Somerhalder to keep me interested
    Grimm and Once Upon a Time because of the fairytale storyline (especially Grimm as it’s from the producers of BTVS and Angel)
    Awake
    Alcatraz looks good as well but although I was a fan of Alias, I got really bored with Lost, so I’m not a fan of JJ Abrams anymore.

16. DAVID says:

SURPRISINGLY THE SITCOMS LOOK BETTER THAN THE DRAMAS THIS YEAR

comedies
    1. the new girl-luv zooey… she is so goofy and quirky
    2. apartment 23 ( midseason) krysten ritter and james van ber beak playing himself? so in
    3. subtagory
    4 2 broke girls

dramas
    1 the ringer
    2 the secret circle
    3. terra nova

they are the ones i am most likely to try and like

but the promos did not really get me fired up

who knows? maybe it t will be something that i least expect to be good that i will like. once upon a time for ex.

i did not expect nikita to be any good but i watched the pilot. I did not like.it then it was starting to get some buzz i watched it again around episode 8 and got really hooked. it was my fav new show of last season. probably my only new show,as bad as last season was..except for chicago code and lights out but of course they got cancelled… one and done

17. Thespia says:

Dear god these pictures are merciless. I’m not for major retouching but some of these photos are brutally hi-def, yowza.

18. Templar says:

Love Zooey, so will watch New Girl. And always liked Ritter on Gilmore Girls, so will give Apt.23 a try. Otherwise meh.

19. Judy says:

Awake and Smash are the only ones that interest me. The rest sound run of the mill.

20. NoOceanInKansas says:

Just about the only decent television is on TNT or USA.

21. JHarnes says:

Why do I feel that 80 percent of these shows are going to crash, burn and never see a full season?

22. sandee says:

Still bummed Human Target was cancelled other than that FOX bores me

23. Ariel says:

I’ll try many of them and see how they are. Odds are I’ll be left with maybe two or three after cancellations and deciding some aren’t good. Once Upon a Time, Alcatraz, Person of Interest, Terra Nova, Ringer, Awake, Prime Suspect, Unforgettable, New Girl, A Gifted Man, The Finder. Tivo dual tuner makes it easy to check out new shows without issue.

Definite cancels will be: Man Up, How to be a Gentleman, I hate my teenage daughter, Hell on wheels, Hart of Dixie, Free Agents, Boss, Work it, 2 broke girls, Smash, Whitney, Suburgatory (the name says it all!), and Revenge. Let’s play the cancellation game!

24. Jonathon says:

definitely can’t afford to add too many shows but am definitely looking forward to 2 new shows this season.

1.) Once upon a time (ABC)

2.) Hell on Wheels (AMC)

AMC and HBO are becoming my favorite channels. The Walking Dead, True Blood, Game of Thrones, the finish of Entourage and now Hell on Wheels? Cable is taking over at my house.

25. Dustin Myers says:

Shows I’m looking forward to:
    Terra Nova
    The Secret Circle
    Alcatraz
    The Finder
    Grimm
    Ringer
    Last Man Standing

26. Vanny says:

Glad to see Nick Weschler again… since Roswell. Thought he sometimes stole the show. Started out so serious, then he got quite funny in it eventually.

27. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks you really know what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my site =). We may have a hyperlink change contract between us