Fall Preview: Spoilers on Next Season's Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and More!

You’re never going to believe what I just found embedded in The CW’s fall press release: tons of spoilers!

That’s right, buried beneath the network’s new 2011-12 schedule are teasers for the upcoming seasons of Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Nikita and Supernatural.

FYI: The previews for 90210 and One Tree Hill were extremely vague — presumably due to the former’s recent showrunner switch and the latter’s 11th hour pickup — and not worth the paper they were printed on. The other teasers, however, were surprisingly meaty…

GOSSIP GIRL
Season Five will open in the City of Angels when a reenergized Chuck and Nate decide to pay Serena a visit. Back home, Blair learns that planning a royal wedding can be a royal pain, and Dan discovers the ramifications of writing candidly about his closest friends. Finally, the surprise return of cousin Charlie will threaten to destroy the van der Woodsen family from within.

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES
Season three opens the door to learn more about Klaus and The Original Family as his motives for wanting Stefan on his side are finally revealed. As Stefan sinks deeper into the dark side, Damon and Elena struggle with the guilt of their growing bond even as they work together to bring Stefan back from the edge. The ghosts from Jeremy’s past have a powerful message they’re trying to deliver to him, not to mention the impact they’re having on his relationship with Bonnie. And as Caroline and Tyler grow closer, a war erupts between their families.

NIKITA
Season Two kicks off with Nikita and Michael on the run with a hard drive containing the government’s darkest secrets and conspiracies. Together, they are going to right the wrongs that Division has committed over the years, one mission at a time. But leading the hunt for them this time is Alex…and she knows all of Nikita’s tricks.

SUPERNATURAL
In season seven, the Winchesters will find themselves in an increasingly sinister, changing landscape, up against a new foe unlike anything they’ve ever fought. They’ll find their old tricks, weapons and hiding places all rendered useless. All they’ll have is each other. And the certainty that, like the last of the cowboy outlaws, whatever they face, they’re not going down without a fight.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. scooterbeanbag says:

UGH. So we get rid of Jenny and Vanessa, but we’re stuck with cousin “Charlie”? I don’t see how that’s a better trade-off.

• jenna says:

I’m really unimpressed by this ‘charlie’ storyline. The show has gotten so drawn out having drama for dramas sake. I was interested when their was a possibility of blair and dan but it looks like that ideas been shelved

• Captain says:

It seems like every so often, GG dangles the Dair carrot in front of our noses only to take it away. There were at least two Dair hints in the finale despite the fact she just hooked up with Chuck and is engaged to the prince.

• Dair says:

Here is hoping that there will be an actual logical progression to any of these plot lines.

-Dan can’t just be outcasted for being the author, since the book was published anonymously, it has to come out slowly, maybe he tell’s Blair after she recognizes his writing style and she somehow lets it slip.
          *Let the book make Dan be an outcast that Charilie/Ivy uses to control him.
          *Also have the book be a way to make the characters look at the cartoonish version of themselves the writers have made them and bring them back to more down to earth.

-Blair’s wedding is going to be dragged out till nov, if you look at the final…that’s fine but when they break it up…have it be because of her being independent, and growing up that this was just a Childhood fantasy.
          *Realizations maybe come because growing feelings for Dan who sees and loves all of her side (as shown in the book)…Dair cannot be O.K. with Chuck as well as its not like that throw them together final, but have them not be the poster childs for abusive relationships

• Make the Crazy fans work for you says:

Long story short only way I can stick with season 5 is if they make the story lines about the conflicts between the characters growing up and finally realizing that the fans want a show down between the main couples Dair/Chair/Derena/Serenate

Look at what a slow build up Dair/Chair fans can do…more interactions of main characters will lead to crazy fan wars, which honestly is more entertaining than the actual show itself

• Ulises.Kalid.Martinez says:

That’s exactly how I feel. I think the creative director is loosing some of her creativity. I don’t think I am watching season 5. It’s getting very boring.

• M says:

It’s totally stupid. I hope Jenny makes a guest appearance next season and smacks that “Charlie” chick down.

• Olive says:

Isn’t Charlie just an unholy amalgamation of Jenny, Vanessa, and Juliet anyway? (Family problem chlid with a fake identity and hidden agenda pretending to be both down to earth and above it all while plotting and scheming behind her friends backs?) I think they just squished everything into Charlie so they only had to pay one actress rather than three. And to save on the eyeliner bill, of course.

• J says:

So true!

I get a Deja vu feeling with this show so often, because they’ve used every possible scandal already, and now all they have left is to try the same ones with new guest stars and/or different couplings. I still like the show, but it does feel a bit lackluster lately. Seriously: who really believes Blair will actually marry the prince? Nobody? Me either.

2. L says:

Thanks for Vamp Diaries scoop! Season three sounds all kinds of awesome. Can’t wait for more Caro/Tyler and Elena/Damon plus bad Stefan. But no mention of Elijah or Katherine? Does that mean they’re dunzo for good? (I’d be sadder for Elijah not coming back than Katherine if I’m honest).

3. Dave says:

I suppose Serena’s pregnant and Nate and Chuck will find out when they visit her in L.A?

4. Sam says:

Thanks for Vamp Diaries scoop! Sounds GOOD!

Zzzzzz GossipGirl

5. timelord says:

wow the winchesters will be up against a whole new different kind of foe in season 7? all they have is each other? wow. these two things have never happened on supernatural before and its totally very specific.

• Greg says:

At first i thought you were being serious, but when I realized that you were being sarcastic I actually laughed out loud.

• Mo says:

I just want to say your comment is aces, sir.

• Ines says:

“like the last of the cowboy outlaws, whatever they face, they’re not going down without a fight”
      I guess someone has been watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Either that or watched one of Jensen and Jared’s talks about wanting their characters to go down fighting.
      What’s strange is if you put it like that, sounds a lot like season 7 is the last. (just speculating, don’t freak out!)

• Ella says:

Haha, touche. Having said that, I sincerely hope the “new foe” is not Castiel. That would completely and totally break my heart.

Also? They should just make Dean/Castiel canon already. If Cas was in a woman’s meatsuit, they would have hooked up yonks ago.

• Jessica Valure says:

it does really tell us anything except the boys will have a foe and course my guess is it is Castiel since he took in all those souls, I really hope they can stop him, otherwise they’ll be doomed if they can’t

• SPN4ever says:

Hey… the boys will be back… I’m happy… although, I want my old doppy Cas back.

by the way, does anyone know what changed the way the Winchesters could call Cas… what happened to the carvings on the ribs that hid them from angels too? I must have lost something somewhere… they can now call out to him and he hears them?

6. gavin says:

Supernatural “All they’ll have is each other” — This makes me think something nasty is going to happen to Bobby in the finale :(

• lynda says:

And what about Castiel?
      Timelord-your comment was definately aces.

• gavin says:

Yes I thought about Cas too. But the last episode Dean made it quite clear if he wasn’t with them he was their enemy. So it’s quite possible that the Winchesters stand alone and Castiel’s position is either on the opposite side, or is on the gray scale of black and white. I’d like to think that Cas backs our guys at the last minute and begins a road to redemption.

• Jenn says:

It makes me think that they have no plan for next season yet, so they just recycled a bunch of SPN buzzwords.

7. Kate says:

OMG!!! The Caroline and Tyler part of TVD sounds awesome, i kinda wish the show revolved more around these two! Cannot wait for Season 3!

• Alex says:

Please tell me I’m not the only one that thinks they are the best part of this show? I mean, the show already is insanely good in terms of storyline, characters and romance but this two make the show for me.

• Bri N. says:

I agree. Forwood chemistry is just off the charts!!

• M says:

You are not Alone Alex, the minute that caroline and Tyler turned Vamp and Werewolves respectivly they became the highlight of the show. Mine may not be popular opinion, but I’m kinda getting tired of the love triangle that is consuming the show. Caroline and Tyler all the way!

• Justine says:

I continued watching last season literally because of Caroline and Tyler. I wish the show were about them to. They are really the highlight of the show. Honestly, I could care less at this point about the rest of the characters.

• M says:

You’re not alone! I’m INSANELY excited for their star-crossed lovers storyline! <3

• Tavis says:

Are you serious?? Tyler has better chemistry with Jeremy. I want them to hook up. YUMMMMY!!!

8. Alex says:

Who did Serena even sleep with lately? It’s gotta be Blair.

It makes me so sad that Smallville isn’t on the schedule :(

• Andrea says:

Thats exactly what I thought! It can be Serena but Blair, on the other hand, would be too obvious. My guess is that Blairs mum is pregnant.

• JD says:

agree. if blair was pregnant she would not be planning a royal wedding in the fall. it would be a huge issue even if the baby was the prince’s if she was knocked up for the wedding.

• Annie says:

I thought the same thing! I know she ended up having baby Yale in the books and I figure they are still a kind of guideline for certain aspects of the show! I would be happier with that than a preggo blair, Serena maybe but not Blair.

9. Hayley says:

Excited for Supernatural. Though I wish they’d just kill the angel off, he’s outstayed his purpose I know he has fans but what can they continue to do if they don’t make him the big bad. Sam and Dean are it. The reason we started watching and the reason we’ll finish watching, them and their bond. They are what most of us watch for and I want it to go back to season 1’s format of just them and the hunt. That being said the write up for s7 sounds very cool.

• windykl says:

totally agreed with everything u said..i was ready for cas to leave in s5, lol..i just don’t know how they will be able to use him?? oh well, bring on sam and dean!!

• Tavis says:

Agreed. I hope Castiel is gone next season. I also want them back on the road hunting monsters. I hope we get back to basics next season.

• Jenn says:

They just need to de-power him. Cas is too powerful to really be a regular right now – he could just zap the boys out of every situation and there’d be no real danger. Human, or human-ish, Cas could be just as helpful and interesting as Bobby, and could be on the sidelines like Bobby is. Kind of a reference character, like Giles or Anya. Actually, a lot like Anya. And as far as Sam and Dean go, they could get rid of ANY character except Dean, and I’d still watch. I actually stopped watching for three seasons because I got tired of badly-acted Sam angst.

• Jaylin says:

Plenty of us watch for Sam, Dean and Castiel. The show would never be the same without Cas. You can’t go back to just the brothers anymore. He’s part of the team now and too popular for viewers to accept he’s gone. I don’t think it’s true most just watch for Sam and Dean and not all three.

• Gabby says:

WORD. He is the most popular guest-star-to-regular ever, and that includes Bobby. Whether you love his chemistry with Dean (platonic or otherwise) and Sam or just the character himself, it would be a big mistake to let him go. He’s part of the cast now and is totally a fan favourite and that’s how it should stay.

• Alyssa says:

How can you say such a thing? I mean, I agree with the fact that Sam and Dean were the reason that we started watching, but Cas has become such a big part of their lives. It would be like killing off Bobby (which I really don’t want to happen). Castiel has become so important to them and he’s the reason that Dean has done a lot of things, he’s influenced the show SO much. I think the whole “angel” storyline is getting a bit old, but that doesn’t mean that they should just dump him. For god’s sake (no pun intended), I hope they keep Cas in the show because, although I would still watch the show regardless of his disappearance or not, we’ve fallen in love with him as a character and he just contributes to the shows overall quality.

10. Alex says:

“Dan discovers the ramifications of writing candidly about his closest friends.”
    I believe that should read “Dan learns that giving Vanessa a key to the loft was a super bad idea, and that he should not leave things that he doesn’t want to be read in plain view”.

11. mojo says:

Excited for the Vampire Diaries (poor Matt though, not even a line about him) and Gossip Girl. Chuck and Nate bro-ing out in LA with Serena is like all my wishes come true. All the sluttiest characters on the show, united!

12. Alex says:

“And as Caroline and Tyler grow closer, a war erupts between their families” What a glorious sentence.

13. Elle says:

VERY excited for the new season of Vamp Diaries it has to be the best CW show!Anyone else just really want a Caroline spinoff?I think they should send her off to college somewhere and have a whole new show a la Angel would be EPIC.90210 I’m worried about I still watch Gossip Girl but since it left high school it just hasn’t been the same and I don’t want 90210 to loose its qaulity its my favourite guilty pleasure along with PLL.Nikitas new season should be awesome very excited.

14. Vivian says:

Any idea if Vanessa is actually going to forward the checks to Dan or if she’s going to pocket all the paychecks to pay for her life in Barcelona?

15. sylvie says:

omg so excited for the 2nd season of Nikita! :) thanks for the scoop!
    all sorts of possible badassness from that synopsis alone…. Season 2 is gonna be phenomenal!

16. Tavis says:

Still rooting for Tyler/JEREMY on Vampire Diaries. HOT!!!

I hope Supernatural gets back to basics in Season 7. I am tired of all the angel stuff. I want the boys back on the road huntin’ monsters!

17. M says:

Caroline and Tyler! WHOO HOO! Insanely excited for their star-crossed lovers storyline! :)

18. Vader says:

How is that Nikita spoiler a spoiler? If you couldn’t make that out from the last scenes of the season, you shouldn’t be watching TV.

• David says:

I know huh. Well I am just glad The CW renewed Nikita!

Now we get Amanda’s history, and with her in charge of the new Oversight/Division Yay! Go Melinda Clarke!

19. Ray says:

Here’s an idea, how about the Winchester’s find a group of people they can actually trust. Or even a female character that doesn’t die and/or turn evil, or remain entirely and utterly useless. I know I’d be shocked.

• Jenn says:

It’d be even better if she wasn’t a love interest. The only good female characters on this show haven’t been. That’s why the females are all terrible (except the two or three who weren’t just there to look pretty) – they only exist as flat plot conveniences and get no real development at all.

20. Geordiegirl1967 says:

I think the synopsis for SPN sounds fantastic. I can’t wait. You can say it sounds vague, but last years did too, and it actually turned out pretty darned accurate. Last year’s worried me with it’s hints of broken relationships and no one being what they seem. I was right to be worried. Spending half the season without one of your main characters (Sam) and without the brotherly relationship that is the heart of the show was a mistake. Since Sam got his soul back s6 has been back to SPNs best.
    This description sounds much more interesting and enjoyable than last years. It will be great.

• Skylites says:

Yeah, lol. The Soulless Sam arc left me dumbfounded. They should have stuck with that story or never gone through with it in the first place. The episode where they brought his soul back made me laugh. Way to fix one of the plots that was made without thinking twice about it. HAHA!

21. Cas says:

I don’t understand people rooting for Cas to die on Supernatural. I figure since season 4 there has been a core of 4 characters Sam/Dean/Bobby/Castiel, that even Dean has stated has been his family. The ones I want to die or disappear is Lisa/Ben just not a good plotline.
    I for one hope that Cas is redeamed, they don’t kill Crowley and have the new bad be the ultimate power…Death/Fate/God something like that which will up the stakes to not just the apocalse but reality as a whole, and not drag like early season 6 move to a final season 7

• SPN4ever says:

I agree… I think of them as a pack… I like how they help each other and support. I’m hoping that Cas gets his butt knocked down by the absent god. And with that comes redemption from the boys. Or perhaps god could remove his memories as he did Lisa/Ben and then get back into the fold. I like his character… not how it was the last part of this year, but I’m hoping he can edge back to what we love about him.

22. Katy says:

Uber excited about all these shows!! They are by far my fave escapist shows!! So many beautiful people!!

TVD: I totally want Elena & Damon to hook up, cuz not a fan of BORING Stefan!! Love Caroline/Tyler – they should make their own vamp-wolf hybrids!! Will miss poor Jenna – and there’s no mention of Alaric?? Hope he’s still there!!

GG: They soooo need to get rid of Charlie – again BORING!!! So glad Vanessa & Jenny are gone – used to like Jenny but they went too far with her!! Blair and Chuck BELONG together – I was heartbroken when Chuck sent her off with the prince at the end!I did think that it was obvious that Blair was preggers with Chuck’s baby but owuld tell the prince it was his?? Bu kinda like Andrea’s suggestion of it being Blair’s mum who’s preggers. Would like to see more of Eleanor and Cyrus – think they’re both greatly underrated!!

Can’t really comment on SPN or Nikita – we’ve not had season 6 of SPN over here in UK yet which SUCKS and we’ve only had the first half of Nikita. LAME!! lol Still a few 90210s left, too, but I agree that I’m worried bout uni cuz GG has gone downhill a bit…..

All in all majorly excited for all of these shows to be back on my screen – they’re all finishing up over here and I’m facing a long, boring summer!!! :( hahaha

23. Shaheera says:

CAROLINE AND TYLER EEEEEEEPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!! i jus wished the show would revolve around them !!!

24. mrswinchester says:

I also want to know what happened with them being hidden from angels? Did I miss something? Do tell!

25. jordan says:

cant wait til vampire diares

26. Ana says:

Why have they gotten rid of Misha Collins as a season regular on supernatural? They barely touched his character this year, and athough the show is intrinsicly about the relationship between Sam and Dean, having Castiel and Bobby there have become an integral part of the show. Especially since Sam and Dean’s relationship has pretty much been explored to the maximum. I mean, we get it. They love each other, they would gladly go to hell in a handbasket for each other, but Cas and Bobby need to be there. Their character development reflects the winchester brothers, and although Castiel is now godly (a mistake on the showrunners methinks)

I think taking him in a more human direction and pairing him up with bobby to hunt or lie or whatever would have been a much more interesting twist. But whatever. I can secretly hate my favorite show from a corner.

27. Stefanie says:

I can’t wait for Gossip Girl season 5!!!! Coming out of my skin!! I’m happy that it centers around the core(Blair,Chuck,Dan,Serena and Nate)! Could do with out Charlie though, a little to blah for my taste. I agree with everyone else, it broke my heart when Chuck let Blair go! Only obvious that Blair is the one pregnant. Serena hasn’t been with anyone dice Ben. And it was three wks. after chair made love for the last time. That they teased you with the test on the trash! Hello the writers are purposely pushing Chuck and Blair back together. I have to say that I will be pist if a few things happen! One it is not Blair and Chuck’s ! Two. She miscarries! Three gets married to Louie. Four makes the baby off tobe louie’s . Finally Chuck doesn’t fight for Blair! Don’t know how it will play out but please let it be juicy!!! Like Blair ends up in danger and Chuck comes to her rescue. Louie ends up being a royal nightmare. Keep Dan part of the inner circle. Mainly make Chuck and Blair a family!!!! That would be so killer!!! Chair forever!!!!!