Exclusive

Bones Season Finale Video: Booth and Brennan Are Engaged... But There's a Twist!

When the inevitable day comes that Bones goes off the air, let’s hope Fox looks back on the following clip and sees what I see: the makings of a whole new series.

Picture it: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel star as Buck and Wanda, a pair of trashtastic newly-engaged lovers obsessed with bowling, in the single-camera comedy Spare Me. Throw in True Blood‘s Kevin Alejandro as their cocky, womanizing league-mate Hercules “Tornado” Maldanado and you’ve got the makings of TV’s next great sitcom.

Hey, a guy can dream.

In reality, the hilarious scene you’re about to watch is from tonight’s season finale, which finds Booth and Brennan going undercover at a bowling alley to smoke out a killer. The episode is called “The Change In The Game,” and as exec producer Stephen Nathan recently teased to TVLine, “Although the ‘game’ is bowling, that’s not the only game that will be changed.”

Scoop: Why Bones Killed a ‘Beloved’ Character

Urgent Plea: If you live in a part of the world where this episode has already aired — I’m looking at you Canucks — please resist the urge to ruin tonight’s bombshell in the comments section. Instead, use the space to either endorse my spinoff idea and/or express your anticipation for tonight’s can’t-miss hour. Okay? Okay.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Natalie says:

Was lucky to see it last night. Definitely a do not miss episode!!

• b says:

where did you see it? what channel

• Teri says:

seen it last night here in alabama loved it and yes i agree Fringe is another one of my favs.

• BETTY AVILA says:

I’M SUPER FAN OF BONES, ALMOST IT BEGINS. ITS VERY INTERESTING, AND THE SITUATIONS, OF ALL THE CARACTERS, SPECIALLY BOOTH AND BRENAN.. I LOVE THIS SERIE. I AM SO HAPPY, FOR THE SEVENTH SEASON. Y WAIT IT DESPERATELY ( JIJIJI, ITS HALF-JOKE, BUT SERIOUS) CONGRATULATIONS

2. Cynthia says:

Already had the end spoiled by a mean-o Canadian :(

• Christina says:

Apology’s on behalf of that mean-o Canadian from the Canadians who have watched the ep and wouldn’t dream of spoiling it for others.

• Kathryn says:

Stupid Canadians

• Kathryn hater says:

Stupid Kathryn

• DebF says:

On behalf of the REST OF THE WORLD can I just say
        Woo Hoo!!, the Americans finally get some idea how the rest of us feel.

We regularly have to put up with waiting weeks – not just one night – for shows, and in the mean time, you lot are busy chatting about what has already happened in all your forums.
        Suck it up, and accept it as karma for all the times you did it to others!

• lei says:

I’m not an American but your comment doesn’t even make sense. why do they have to be punished (you mention karma)? they talk about a tv show after it airs, you can’t blame someone for talking about an episode if you are in a tv internet-themed site.

It’s theirs shows, we just watch because we like them. I would be hell mad is someone were to spoil the tv shows in argentina but US isn’t my country.

• Laura Jones says:

I also had the ending spoiled by the same mean-o Canadian. And on a thread that wasn’t even related to Bones. Please people, no spoilers in the comments! It was a good episode, anyway. After the rest of the shocking stuff in the past week, at least this was a relatively relaxing episode.

3. Jem says:

Pretty please cherry on top, have iPhone friendly videos? Thanks.

Oh and I always enjoy them going under cover.

• TJCrinc says:

My fave undercover episode was the Las Vegas Fight Club episode. Brennan in that dress, wow she was smokin hot.

4. Alice says:

“My muffin!” And I was getting a little bore of Bones. This, I have to see. And I would watch “Spare Me” anytime!

5. Lisa says:

I’m a nice Canadian who says enjoy the episode. Wanda and Buck are fantastic! My mom watched it last night and spoiled it for me before I watched it this morning… her attempt at cover up was funny though… But it’s still awesome to watch!

6. joanna says:

i’m just gonna say that once more im proud to be a Canadian :) dont worry no spoilers. Thats how nice we are! As for the comedy? Love the idea! :)

7. Paula says:

Wouldn’t dream of spoiling it. Not all Canadians are mean.

• Kim says:

I agree! I was in Canada not too long ago and there are people there just like everywhere… Some nice and some not so nice. Hee Hee Hee! Can’t wait to watch tonight.

8. Nicole says:

It was ruined for me too :(. If anyone out there wants to be suprised then DO NOT read any of the comments from finale preview!!!!

9. Trent says:

Saw the finale last night!! Was sooo good! Can’t wait for next season.

10. trev says:

Canucks eat Sharks!

11. Me says:

The episode as a season finale was boring. Last week’s ep should have been the finale. The ending came out of nowhere. I don’t like it and I’m a big shipper. I blame sloppy, lazy writing and HH & co unable to work around situations that arise…

• Leah says:

This is exactly how I felt. As much as my American neighbours are all furious that there were some spoils out there I am not sure how they are going to feel when they actually watch the episode.

• alex says:

Pfft. I loved the episode. It was totally awesome. I respect you for having your own opinion but dont insult the writers.

• Lizzy says:

As a regular episode, it would be average at best. As a season finale? A total flop, so boring. Anyone seen Castle finale? Now THAT was an awesome episode, unlike this here. I’m disappointed with the ending and what it means for season 7. Can’t wait to see what most fans are going to think once it airs in the US tonight.

• dovepage says:

The finale was meh to me with some good moments but why is it always necessary to compare Bones and Castle.

• Michael says:

Completely agreed. I didn’t think this was a very good episode at all. Even less so as a season finale. Last week’s episode was much, much better even if they did kill off my favorite intern.

12. Lori says:

Sorry that people got spoiled…but definately watch the episode anyway…it is fantastic!!!

13. Maggie says:

I totally know what’s going down (though American), and I am totally down with it. Not. Saying. A. Word.

But I would SO watch this spinoff. I love when they’re undercover. Amazing.

14. Piper says:

Canadian here! I wouldn’t imagine ruining it for the Americans because the surprise was the best part. I think a lot of people are going to enjoy tonight’s episode cuz I know I lalalalalooooved it :D

15. ml says:

this show is so terrible. I don’t know how people can continue watching. It’s like NCIS. How do more people watch this than shows like Fringe.

• sophie says:

Because shows like Fringe are too complicated for the majority of the TV watchers population. I watch Fringe but, Bones is a great show and so is NCIS, both of them better than Fringe.

• Juanita says:

AMEN!! I love Bones and NCIS alot because of the interaction between the characters. It’s refreshing to have a humorous, mystery/murder/love story. Have’nt seen the finale yet, but I can’t wait!!!

• Jordan says:

Bones and NCIS are not better than Fringe. There are alot of crime dramas out there and I have mega-respect for the ones that actually play with character chemistry (Bones, NCIS, Hawaii Five-0 are all good examples). But Fringe has that chemistry and more. A story arc that isnt so predictable. If Bones focused an entire year on a Gravedigger like case they could build more tension and jump from a great show, to a gem like Fringe.

• Carmelita says:

The reason I dont watch Fringe is because I havent seen the beginning or middle. I dont know what the heck is going on. Its not a show you can just jump into and really appreciate without watching it from the beginning, Correct?

• Jordan says:

You are mostly correct yes. But would you want to jump into the 5th film in a 10 film series and be completely understanding of the plot? no. it is the unique content of the show that makes it worth watching.

• xav says:

Because people like shows with funny moments with team camaraderie that they can watch over and over again. Even though I own all the seasons of Fringe available on DVD, I tend to go for Bones or NCIS when looking for something to watch. All are good shows in their own way.

• Joliene says:

I so agree with you! The interaction between the characters on Bones, NCIS, Hawaii Five-0, Castle, etc., are the reason these shows have such big followings. The writers are very creative. Hats Off!

• Maria Jose says:

If it’s so terrible,why do you go around thrashing it on forums instead of going to your tv and watch Fringe? That’s what I’d like to know

• alex says:

If you hate it so much why did you read the thing and post a comment??

16. D says:

GREAT, GREAT episode. I wasn’t expecting that to happen! “The Change in the Game” and WHAT a change!

17. CG says:

Sorry to the people that got it spoiled!! I did see it last night and it was a good episode, not just because of the big OMG moment… Although I’ll admit I was psyched to not have to wait an extra day, I must say that I don’t agree that Global TV broadcasted it a day early. If they undertook too many shows for their schedule it’s not the problem of the fans and I don’t see how they could have imagined it not being spoiled for the rest of the fans that didn’t see it early… Airing it earlier than the rest of the world was a really stupid and inconsiderate thing to do!

• xav says:

That’s the way television works. America often broadcasts shows months before other countries get it and have no problem spoiling it for everyone else. It’s not television’s job to keep you “unspoiled”, it’s yours.

• CG says:

Although I agree in part that if a person does not want to know the spoilers that is said person’s responsibility, I have to disagree with your statement regarding television’s job. Television’s job, in my opinion is to keep you coming back. If people knew all the details about what was going to happen, less people would be coming back. Television with less viewers, more often than not, equals bad ratings and cancellations… Seems like it would be akin to reruns without ever having new material…

• xav says:

Sorry, but Canadian television can run the shows whenever they want. It’s convenient to run them at the same time as the American channels but it doesn’t always happen that way. Calling it rude is just ridiculous.

• CG says:

I’m not saying that they should run it at the same time as the Americans, but they could at least keep it to the same day. The rest of a season wouldn’t make as much of a difference, but season finales are not in the same league.
            And I didn’t say it was rude, I said it was stupid and inconsiderate.

• Kiki says:

Canadian networks often hijack the American signal on the very same night the American show airs, but they also have the option of airing any network show or even syndicated show, for that matter. Global decided they wanted to air The Office at the same time as NBC, so they slid Bones into the only open slot – an hour earlier on Wednesday.

• Jordan says:

In England shows often air months later, are you suggesting that no spoilers should be talked about until it has aired everywhere? Canadian stations can air the material when it wants to. It owns the rights to the show just as much as American networks.

The reason? We have 2 major networks (Global, CTV) that carry most of the material on the Big 4 American Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX). To expect all of the shows to air same night same timeslot is almost impossible. and if you only want it same day then shouldn’t we expect no spoilers be talked about until it has aired in both USA and Canada?

• RobW1471 says:

Well there’s a first. Usually it is the other way around. We up here normally get screwed and see it a day or two sometimes after our US neighbours and you don’t see us complaining.

Count yourself lucky you get channels like TNT, USA, SyFy and the like. I have to download shows from those networks via P2P in order to see great shows that are only available there (i.e. Warehouse 13, Leverage, Covert Affairs and Rizzoli and Isles etc…) just to name a few.

However, it is nice to see that we got to see an awesome show finale before the US broadcasters. Of course, this is just one Canadians opinion…L8TR.

• CG says:

It’s not Canadian broadcasting. If it’s not ours, then we get it when we get it. As much as I don’t like it, that’s just the way it (*usually*) happens.
        The only problem I have with this particular instance is that it was a season finale. Now the spoilers are all over the web and even if someone were to try not to find out what happens, it doesn’t always happen that way. And telling someone that all they have to do is just stay away from computers isn’t realistic. I’m Canadian and proud to be, but I wish the US producers wouldn’t let ANYBODY broadcast finales a day early. Whether it’s a Canadian chanel or any other. I know keeping any program in the exact same timeslot everywheres is simply not doable, but to keep it the same day doesn’t seem that big of a request.

• meridith says:

I tolally agree with you.I am an american and looking at all this crap about canada seeing it first and whining about it. totally stupid. americans stop complaining get a life and a clue. it is just a tv show and canada should get to see it first. if it wasn’t for canada we wouldn’t have someone to tease when they talk. aye. lol just teasing canada aye. canada gave us some great things like canadian bacon,john candy,and quite a few others. I am glad for you canada Go canada

• Amy says:

Ok, someone is going to be ‘spoiled’ at some point, come on, there’s so many time zones in this world. With that being said, I have to say that I do think that the country the shows are actually from should get to air before other countries. If I’m English, I should get to see the English shows first, if I’m Canadian, I should get to see Canadian produced shows first and so on. It would bother me more that it’s not like this if I was a person who cared if I knew ahead of time, but I am impatient and want to know…like now!!! LOL I hate not knowing…can’t wait!! LOL

18. xav says:

Although I really enjoyed the episode, I thought the tone was horribly off after last week’s episode. It just felt far, far too lighthearted considering what had happened.

19. Andrea says:

I’m an American. I know what happens, and I’m personally disappointed and very underimpressed. I won’t spoil any details, but the process of any story is very important to me, not just how a season is concluded. I found the entire storyline process to be a disappointment this season, and what takes place tonight has not changed that opinion.

If you enjoyed it, then I’m happy for you.

Michael, I must give you props for trying to keep the details under wraps because it’s ALL over the internet.

20. Kim says:

I love that clip! To here Bones say “That’s my muffin at work!” I laughed out loud at my office and scared the person next to me!!!

21. Sourabh says:

I have serious reservations about your choice of video players.

22. RobW1471 says:

Captain Canada here…As we were lucky enough to see the finale on Global up here in the Great White North, I will be kind enough not to spoil the “WICKED AWESOME” ending as long as you work on allowing us to see your videos that u post. Sucks we can’t access them up here.

You have my demands. LOL!!! No seriously, US really needs to lighten up on the access to video content in the US via Canada. After all we are neighbours….just sayin’…Let’s work on this shall we>???

23. psales says:

Imagine how I felt last night to have someone spoil the ending during a discussion of American Idol….I wasn’t even ON a Bones board at the time. I’m still totally going to watch tonight, for several reasons: 1) I always love it when B/B go undercover, and 2) I want to see how it plays out. If what I heard is correct, I can see this being a good thing and the basis of a lot of interesting episodes next season (if the writers do their job well).

24. baby hodgins says:

I had it spoiled for me this morning while reading the comments on an Entertainment Weekly thread about AMERICAN IDOL. Some folks are just nasty.

Anyhoo – I’m thrilled with what I learned. Good episode with a GREAT ending.

25. jo says:

I LOVED IT. i still don’t have words to describe that final…

26. Rob J. says:

Sorry, Zooey, but Buck & Wanda should air after Glee and before Raising Hope.

27. spoiled says:

If you don’t want to be spoiled, stay away from the interwebs, folks, easy as that. Watch the episode on TV or how ever you watch it and enjoy it (or not). As far as this finale goes, I’ll say personally I did not like it. It was underwhelming but most Bones finales tend to be. The best finale was season 1 by far. Anyway, the ending didn’t add up and Bones was being her usual literal self with that ‘line’ she uttered to Booth but I think even that said, the line was unnecessary. I hope the last part is a dream because it’s too soon and way out of place though I suspect it’s some time after the last episode (maybe a month or so), still too early for that kind of thing and yes, I blame sloppy writing. HH seems to have his mind on other projects while forgetting to give Bones its proper dues. TOo bad.

• jenny says:

You do realize that the bombshell was not at all HH’s decision, but something as big as that was decided by the network honchos, especially due to scheduling concerns and a certain other issue involving a certain actress?

• Rosie says:

A month did go by from last weeks episode to last nights finaly, Last week Angela said she had a month to go on her pregnancy,last night she was due.Just wish they had showed us what we B/B fans have been waiting for. The BIG KISS.

28. Amanda says:

I totally endorse yor spinoff idea!!!
    It could be just one pilot avaliable on Bones DVD. A super gift for fans!

I’m tryin not to read spoilers, it’s REALLY HARD!

29. caro1212 says:

All I would like to say is that for those how are not fan’s of the show BONES then please just don’t right any negatives comments I do understand that free speech act and all but I find that on this blogs wee are all fan that share there point of view I mean fan’s I can understand that you might not be on the same page as they are the writers and producers and creators but please for those how come in this blogs to trash PLEASE RISTRAIND YOUR SELF’S

30. Carly says:

As I am Canadian I did the see episode last night but no worries I have no interest in spoiling it for anyone else. All I will say is that yes there is a big OMG moment at the end (which I personally loved), but the rest of the episode was also great. Much lighter then last weeks episode, it really felt like old school Bones to me.

Also I love the idea of a Buck & Wanda sitcom, can they also have a circus performer past?

I know that people are upset that the episode aired in Canada before the US, but I got to tell you guys that it happens the other way all the time. And yes that includeds Season Finals, in fact it often includes entires seasons. The Nikita final that aired last Thursday in the US didn’t air in Canada till Sunday night, I had to avoid spoilers for several days but I managed.

31. Amie Schantz says:

Just love Booth’s acid washed jeans! Yikes! Love the half hour comedy idea!

32. Angel says:

I whole-heartedly endorse “Spare Me” and any other show involving Emily and David.

33. Yashica says:

Omg havent seenthe finale but def lookin 4ward to seeing it i love bones and i guess i would watch spare me but it has to be at attention catchin as bones otherwise i wont like it

34. gee says:

so… do they really got engaged or not?? or just an act??
    i’m a bit confused..

35. Bluebird says:

Lol!!! The hair is wrong on so many levels, same with the acid washed jeans! Cannot wait to see tonight’s episode. :)

36. Bek says:

I live in australia n they have taken Bones of the air AGAIN not to mention they always seem to play a couple of new eps n the put repeats on but does anyone know wen australia will be airing new ones again?

• Amy says:

They do the same thing over here in the states it’s sooo annoying. You’ll get a couple new episodes then nothing for two or three weeks then a couple more….it’s my biggest gripe with the airing!

• Pip says:

Hopefully when they put it on again, they’ll air the new ones, instead of all the stupid season 4 repeats. And American’s complain not seeing it the same day? We don’t get it for ages afterwards, and then they jumble it up altogether! :(

37. rhonda says:

…it’s pretty obvious that brennan could play any wacky character she wants to play…first she was the rich sugar mama to booth’s boxing dreams in ”las vegas”, then she was the russian circus performer…now she’s a bowling alley groupie…she’s great, i adore her ability to morph into these interesting people….looking forward to tonights episode……

38. francine harris says:

I love this show they should fall in love it needs a sequel

39. Kaz says:

I find it amusing that the American fans are complaining that the Canadian fans seeing it first. I’m in England….WE ARE MILES BEHIND!!!!

40. hoyabyrd says:

I am sorry for the comments about the episode being spoiled by someone! My daughter and I watched it and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did! As for the spin off…. they did a great job I laughed so hard with watching Bones chew gum like a cow and every once in a while sound like the old Bones again!! And her comments about the girl bowler were funny too!

enjoy!

41. Lindy says:

I LOVE THE ACID WASH JEANS

42. Tena says:

I love the two of them together; they compliment each other so well. I knew they were going to do these characters; it was in TV Guide. Still, there is nothing like seeing a clip!

43. Foster's Children says:

Wow looks like Bones with a 90’s twist plus engaged well finally lol

44. jennifer says:

I can’t wait to see it. The anticipation is killing me. Fought the urge to read comments because I want to be surprised!

45. Haley says:

Buck and Wanda? Aren’t these the same personas that Booth and Bones used in the circus episode? I loved that one, and I can’t wait to see tonight’s season finale!

• Amber says:

Yes, I am glad to see someone remembers Buck and Wanda from the circus one. That is one of my favorite episodes. I think I’ve watched it a dozen times. Can’t wait to see the episode tonight. Even set my dvr to tape the news after in case it runs over thanks to American Idol which it did to me last week and I missed the end, but I’m not going to vent. I love the more fun bones episodes!

• Boo says:

Buck and Wanda are also characters on the 70’s show Buck Rogers in the 21st Century.

46. Micaiah Snow says:

They better not cancel the show anytime soon, maybie another 3 years or so? that’s just what i think! I’m 15 year old guy. jsyk

47. Shugal says:

Ooo apologies for dough head Canuck who spoiled it. Darn it all I didn’t know it was on here in Canada last night!!! But we had hockey to watch our Canucks team is rockin!! Hockey wins over Bones….it’s a Canadian thing….lol

48. Kalen says:

I personally have watched this show since the beginning & own the seasons on DVD. What bugs me about this season, & a little of last season is when the series first began to dumb down Bones in social situations. Don’t get me wrong, she’s always been awkward, but she wasn’t dumb. They now have made her not get almost every social comment to the point where you’re just shaking your head. She’s a genius, not dumb. Drives me up a wall.

• Rosie says:

I agree, it seems that all the progress she has made with her social skills from hanging out with booth went out the window, she is not dumb i would like to see her progress again in that area.

49. Stone@ca says:

I read a Candian spoiler last night-by mistake…kind of bummed I heard about the big twist BUT looking forward to the under cover mission and birth of baby Hodgins!

50. Jenn Winter says:

I’m Canadian and was waiting until tonight to watch the finale (watching Bones on Thursday is my ritual). In response to the person who posted that it was too light hearted after last weeks episode, I think maybe that this episode may take place a few months in the future.

Also, when I saw somebody had posted a spoiler in the comments and scrolled past it.

Looking forward to it.