Exclusive

Bones Finale Post Mortem: 'It Was Not a Dream'

[Warning: If you have yet to watch Thursday's season finale of Bones, run — don’t walk — to the nearest emergency exit. Everyone else, onward and downward….]

Tonight’s Bones season finale solved two major mysteries that had been looming over the series in recent weeks: Yes, Booth (David Boreanaz) and Brennan (Emily Deschanel) did engage in comfort sex in last week’s episode. And yes, Deschanel’s real-life pregnancy will be incorporated into the show.

Plus, viewers got an answer to the biggest cliffhanger hanging over the entire series: After six years of will-they or won’t-they foreplay, Booth and Brennan are heading into next season as both a full-fledged couple and expectant parents. Put in TV business terms, the show’s producers not only blew off that pesky (and outdated) Moonlighting curse, but they kicked it in the groin. And we kind of love them for it.

That’s not to say, however, that we don’t still have questions. Because we do. Luckily, exec producer Stephen Nathan agreed to jump on the phone this evening for a quick post mortem and a preview of what’s to come.

TVLINE | First, please assure me that this isn’t going to be some kind of bait and switch. Brennan is really carrying Booth’s child, right?
It was not a dream. There is no alternate reality. What you see is what you get. They are having a baby. She is pregnant with his child. She [slept with] him in the previous episode and this was the outcome.

TVLINE | What impact did Emily’s pregnancy have on this story? Would you have gone this route regardless?
Emily being pregnant certainly figured into it to a certain extent. But [series creator] Hart [Hanson] and I were leaning toward this independently of that. The biggest problem we faced going into Season 7 was how to get these two people together while keeping the integrity of Brennan and Booth’s characters in tact. By going this route, we didn’t have to have them go through the traditional love-dovey stage where everything was wonderful and they understood each other and they got past their differences. That’s never going to be the case. They now are together but are essentially the same exact characters. They’re going to disagree on everything they disagreed about before, including how to approach their lives together, religion, family and now how to approach having a child. So we lose nothing but gain a huge amount with the reality that they are now together sharing the biggest thing in their lives.

TVLINE | So this isn’t just two co-workers having a baby together after a one-night stand. This is a full-fledged couple starting a family?
They are as much of a full-fledged couple as two unique and difficult people can be. Brennan is not a fan of marriage. Booth is somebody who’s always wanted to get married. These issues still remain. The tension that has existed in their relationship up to this point will continue. They’re now sharing something and they’re committed to each other in a way they always wanted and there’s no way to avoid that. They have to deal with the reality that they’ve gotten what they secretly wished for.

TVLINE | Will they move in together?
That will be addressed in Season 7. When we open in Season 7, it’s not Ozzie and Harriet. It’s not a perfect little domestic family situation. They haven’t figured out where they’re living, how they’re living and what their future is. They just know that they’re together.

TVLINE | How much time will have passed?
That’s something we’re still deciding. We will probably pick up a couple of months down the line.

TVLINE | This is a very unconventional path to take. I mean, these two haven’t been on a real date together and now they’re having a baby.
The reality is, Booth has been with Brennan more than he ever was with [a real girlfriend like] Hannah. Which is always the case when people work together in a high-pressure job. [By making Brennan pregnant] we avoid all of the [trappings] that people commonly associate with the Moonlighting curse, which is, “Oh, now they have to date,” or “Oh, now they have to hug each other and kiss and share desserts.” They never have to share dessert. [Laughs]

TVLINE | When you and Hart concocted this story, did you go to Emily and tell her that if she’s ever thinking of having a baby with husband David Hornsby now would be the time?
[Laughs] Not really. Because we still have the [prosthetic baby bump] that we used on Angela. We already bought that. We could easily re-use it.

TVLINE | How did Emily and David react when you told them this was the direction you were going in?
They were very, very happy. It allowed them to take a big step forward as actors with their characters. And it allows us to keep them precisely who they’ve been for the past six years, and yet move them forward without getting into the stuff where you kind of go, “Eww, now they like each other; there’s no point in watching the show.” Nobody really wants that happy domesticity. And I can’t foresee that ever happening with the two of them. Their feelings for each other are clear. Everybody’s known it for years, even though Booth and Brennan haven’t always copped to it.

TVLINE | Any concern about embarking on another season-long baby story on the heels of the Angela-Hodgins pregnancy plot?
We did have thoughts about that. But then we realized it can be an advantage, because this is really what happens to most people. Friends have a baby, and then they have a baby, and then you hear from the friends about how they raised the baby, then you want to kill those friends because now they’re know-it-alls. So the idea of them sharing the experience of having a baby could actually help the show, because they are not going to raise their children in the same way. And then we’ll also have other characters weighing in on it. We have Max around, who we think would probably be a very good nanny. [Laughs]

TVLINE | You pointed out that Brennan isn’t the marrying kind. Are you ruling out a Booth and Brennan wedding?
No. Not at all. That will be addressed and not resolved in the season premiere.

TVLINE | Did Fox freak out about this storyline?
As a matter of fact, no. They were fabulous. They were great. Everybody realized the [challenge] of getting them together. And we had to do it in a way that hadn’t been done before. And I do want to say that Bones is still going to be Bones. There are still going to be dead bodies and revolting remains. And [Booth and Brennan] are still going to be solving crimes. It’s not going to turn into a soap. They’re [personal] lives will be ongoing and we will focus on that, but we’re still a crime-odey.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Finales, News, Recaps, Scoop, Spoilers

• darclyte says:

I’m still not sure why writers get lazy and talk about the “Moonlighting curse,” and even Hart went into trying to avoid all the stuff that would turn people off. First, Moonlighting failed not necessarily because they were brought together, but because the actors couldn’t stand each other and that translated on screen to where them as a couple just didn’t work. All any tv writer has to do is look at the series “Chuck” to see how to leads can be brought together in real time and still have dynamic chemistry with each other. Chuck and Sarah are together, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t issues to be addressed. Hart seems to be taking a bit of an easy way out, although it does work for their characters that they’d just “skip” over the “dating” aspects.

• darclyte says:

Ugh, two leads. I hate typos and that you can’t “edit” replies.

• Dane says:

I 100% agree. I’m tired of hearing ‘Moonlighting’ every time a show decides to indulge the sexual tension.

If the only reason someone watches Bones is the sexual tension – then they are missing some really good aspects to it. It’s a fun, quirky, entertaining procedural that can poke fun at itself. It’s got a great cast with amazing chemistry and compelling story lines. If HH & SN continue to write solid storylines with solid characters they will keep it a homerun.

Personally – I can’t wait to Bones get sick to her stomach over nasty, goopy things.

I am curious how they are going to be able to work together though…

• jackie says:

I’m young enough that honestly the only thing I know about “Moonlighting” is that the two main characters got together and the show was subsequently canceled. I think people may have the cause and effect wrong. Lots of shows realize “Oh no! Ratings are going down! What should we do?????? I know, give the biggest fans what they want!” But that doesn’t solve the underlying problem and the shows ultimately fail.

This isn’t what is happening with Bones however. I LOVE this new twist and the fact that we can jump into their relationship and still get the conflict. Just the difference between how they play with babies is going to get them going! At the same time as you know they love each other

• Mikos says:

The real curse of the show was that it was way ahead of its time and the show was at its peak in popularity but the leads couldn’t stand each other and there were HUGE production delays and fans were subjected to months of repeats.

So by the time they came back the moment had passed. I’m not sure the show’s failure even had anything to do with David & Maddie getting together. Not sure which expression I loathe more, “Moonlighting curse” or “jump the shark”.

Glad Bones is knocked up. :-)

• Nicole says:

I agree about Chuck. They did it right. They brought them together without making it the point of the show. There’s no reason Bones couldn’t do the same. Just knowing that the characters are together and happy is enough. All we really need are a few sweet scenes and we’re happy.

• Babette says:

I feel a little let down. I was looking forward to at least some kind of a love scene between the 2. I hope there will be at least one next seson….or even some “tender moments”…It seems kind of cold…We’ve seen them in bed with all their other partners….I just felt a little robbed after all this time.

• bonnie barton says:

Exactly. love the new story line but hey, we have waited for this for a while, give us something!! we as fans know how hot these two are for each other, a flashback for a few moments of that night please..

• Renee says:

I just want to say this… Emily is pregnant, heavier than normal, I’m sure hormonal and tender from the pregnancy, and showing. I think it would be unfair to ask her to do a sex scene when she’s dealing with all of these changes to her body. And even if they covered all of that there is still having to do an intimate scene with a friend/colleague, and I also think that would be unfair to her. Just sayin. We’ll probably get one next year… but I agree with not doing one in The Hole in the Heart.

• ML says:

I love the way they brought Bones and Booth together. I was dreading the whole lovey dovey scenes. You want them together, but don’t want the characters to change. The producers did a wonderful job by how they managed it. Of course, I could tell that Bones was pregnant for real and was wondering how they plan on introducing it into the show. Where they going to keep on showing her sitting down and only face shots? I dreaded that. Now here’s the big question. Does anyone else wonder if they will bring Hannah back for a couple of episodes? Remember when she turned Booth’s marriage proposal down and she said something like this “I don’t think where thru but I can tell we are thru for now” or something along those lines. I am curious to see that now that Bones and Booth are together if they might bring Hannah in to provide a new twist to the show, at least for a couple of episodes. As much as I do not want Bones to turn into a soap opera, I am curious to see how Bones would react to Hannah wanting Booth back.

• Linda says:

I love Bones! (It took me two years to confess to my gentleman friend that I wanted to leave his apt so I could dash home and catch the opening of Bones! LOL Now he loves it too! Okay, so no one has mentioned the dilema of NAMING the baby, I can hear Temperance going on and on about some unique name she knows of from some ancient civilization and Sealy saying, lets just go with a simplier name – like “Bob or Mary” or something, this could go on until the day the baby is born (or two days after) Sealy: Bones we have to settle on a name now that the baby is here! Temperance: “Technically we have at least two full days. It is stated on the hospital birth certificate form that the baby must be named within two days of delivery. See, (pointing to the form) right here!” Booth gets that loveable angry face when flustered with Brenan – LOL Well, we can’t name the baby amanignon because I won;t every call him?her by that name! He will resort to calling her or him LB for little bones or something like that – Brenan will think it means little baby and Angela will reveal that it doesn’t so Brenan will finally decide on the name – next episode! mwahahaha!

1. Corinne says:

AMAZING! I WANT A FLASHBACK OF THISBABY MAKING SEX THOUGH! (Note: Caps lock is for my extreme excitment)!

• veronica says:

i second this whole-HARTedly (misspelled on purpose).

• lipsticksocialism says:

yesssssssssssssssssssss

• catbean says:

I loved the outcome but after 6 years it is a real disappointment that we don’t even get to see the breakthrough kiss. This doesn’t have to be ‘skinamax’ but come on…6 years and we don’t see them finally succumb to their feelings. It breaks my heart.

• Davad says:

I think they faded out when they did because they had just killed Vincent and wanted to preserve that moment and momentum of anger and sadness a bit longer. Besides, if they had kissed, I think it would have sealed the deal that Emily’s pregnancy was going to be worked into the series. I believe Hart and the writers wanted to leave us hanging for a week so we could have that reveal at the finale be that much more impactful. Just my thoughts. I like it.

• Hasky says:

I agree. At the end I was waiting for at least a warm hug… or some desplay of their feelings… but nothing, they just stood on the street grinning.
            I miss there.. something… alright I was hoping for a kiss, but at least a hug could be there.
            Booth is people person, so when hes told hes gonna be a father, there should be more emotions than a smile.
            Ah well, lets wait fo s7 :)

• Sandra says:

I totally agree with you! It breaks my hart!

• Olivia says:

I sooooo agree! Like come on, to some extent I understand the not full on sex scene (especially the same episode as Vincint’s death) but STILL Like at the very end instead of JUST a smile could we not have gotten even a little Booth and Bones kiss? :'( it would have ended the season better and also would have made them seem like more of a COUPLE instead of 2 ppl having a baby and 1 of them is happy about it… u know …

• BJohnson says:

To be honest I got the giggles at that kiss on the cheek at the bowling alley where Max realized something was up. I’m actually okay with not seeing it.

• raqeelrmz says:

I actually believe that there was no need for a kiss… My emotion just GREW with the look on Booth’s eyes! It could sound cheesy, but his eyes expressed quite a lot to me! The undeniable happiness he was feeling! The change in his face, how it lighted up!
            I’m a romantic, but I think that he just went speechless! We ALL know that before, when Bones wanted to have a baby and asked for Booth’s sperm, he wanted that baby! He wanted to be a part of him. Now he got it! Sorry! I just LOVE BOOTH! LOL

• xiao says:

Well, good, very good! Feel good!

• Caroline says:

Yesssssssssssss. Excited about next season, but we got robbed. Am fine with the story, am NOT fine with the fact that we didn’t see them together!!!!

• Sarah says:

I disagree. One of the great things about Bones is that they haven’t made it all about who’s doing who. I would hate to see it go the route of Grey’s Anatomy or Private Practice, where it’s more about the sex then the medical drama. Or in this case, the crime drama.

• psales says:

I agree with you wholeheartedly…..I don’t need to see them do the deed…we kind of already got that in the alternate reality, and it would have been out of place here. I’m perfectly fine with the way it was handled.

• Elle says:

What about all of the Hannah sex this season and professions of love.
        also, what about Angela and Roxie, then Angela and Wendall. The Angela/Jack/ Wendall situation was all soap opera.

• ML says:

I agree with you. The show is not about who slept with whom and when and where it happened. You can see the happiness in Booth’s face when Brennan told him about the pregnancy. I don’t need to see them hug or kiss to know how he felt. I liked the whole suspense of it.

• jen says:

i totally agree. im thrilled they are together and having a baby. but i want to see them actually get TOGETHER!!! them laying in each others arms in booth’s bed simply isnt enough.

• Sarah says:

I completely agree!

2. Shane says:

Here’s a tip for Hart and Stephen: don’t take any advice from David Shore. See: “House” season six finale/first half of season seven.

• Jean says:

LOVE THIS.

• tripoli says:

Get over it already.

• lipsticksocialism says:

you speak the truth! altho it had little to do with the actually Huddy episodes, the problem was the way the breakup of Huddy was handled and now Lisa E leaving.

• Lori says:

Just curious…are you misspelling Lisa E.’s character name CUDDY on purpose? It’s not Huddy, it’s Cuddy. But I wasn’t sure if you really didn’t know the name or if it was some kind of ‘cute’ misspelling. Sorry, just curious.

• courtney says:

Huddy is the combo name for the House and Cuddy relationship. Combining the two love interests names is very popular the world of fandom. It started after “Bennifer” which if you’ll remember was the name the media used to refer to Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez’s relationship.

Also on a side note just want to say that I personally HATED the finale and much of last season – with the exception of Angela & Hodgins. I felt like Booth & Brennan’s characters were WAAAAY off mark. Booth proposing so soon? Brennan trying to get Booth while he’s with Hanna? That is not how these characters operate – they are both too cautious for that. And I completely agree that I felt cheated by not seeing a kiss. It’s not just about them being together – its about WANTING to be together – and admitting it to themselves and each other. That’s what I am waiting for and that’s why this finale felt like a mistake.

3. Sunny says:

Eh. It’s whatever.

• Liz says:

Ugh really cuz this is what this show is all about Booth and Breannen being together and now in the most unconventional way. Hats off to the producer for pulling the wool over our eyes.

• ellie says:

40 minutes of bowling for a season finale. Really?

• MAYTE says:

I´m agree!!! A normal episode for an abrupt and forced final!!

• Kenneth says:

Yes, and their fake-hair was terrible. Seriously, why dress them like 80’s people? I like the ending, and I’d love to see the outcome, but the finale should’ve been more emotional..
        The finale last night was like watching an ordinary episode..

But, yeah, past is past. Gotta look forward to this baby-thingy in season 7. Hope it’d be better than these past seasons.

• econruth says:

I bowl in a league and Booth’s military/FBI haircut would have fit in much better than the mullet. Not everyone is a redneck. Thank goodness for Angela’s baby because otherwise this episode would have been a complete failure. We have been watching Booth make goo-goo eyes at Brennan for years. I wanted more.

• raqeelrmz says:

I believe you are wrong, with all the respect. The finale was perfect!
          The episode went normal, but with Boooth and Bones giving TINY display of affections and the baby comments Brennan did, well… you are KINDA prepared but don’t really see it coming. I think it was the perfect way to end it.

• Lori says:

They were dressed that way b/c they were undercover. Or at least that’s what I got from it.

• zaza says:

Personally, I loved the return of Buck and Wanda!

• Amy says:

I agree! Loved the return of Buck and Wanda and how the episode felt like a normal episode. The past couple season finales have been way over the top (not that I didn’t like them) so it was good to see a “normal” episode. I was actually thinking that it sort of represented one of the aspects I love best about the series- the kooky situations dealt with in a humorous manner.

4. heather says:

Love it! So excited for next season!!

5. Josh says:

Excellent interview that answered so many questions! Thanks Michael and TVLine team! I love this site! It’s quickly becoming my sole TV news destination on the web!

6. vi says:

LOVE!!!!!! All i wish is that we would have at least seen a kiss but I’m SO HAPPY they are together!!!!

7. Debbie says:

All I can say is YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! It’s about time! And now Hart Hanson can finally receive a thank you gift :)

• lash says:

Hehe… AGREED! I’m sure he’s been waiting for the day that B&B shippers could finally get off his back! :)

8. Nic says:

Thank you Stephen Nathan and Hart Hanson! And thank you Michael for the interview.

It would be funny to see them re-use Angela’s baby bump. Sounds like Emily will have had her baby by the time season 7 rolls around?

Wow I’m so excited for season 7 already, and Canadians saw the finale last night.

Thank you to the Bones cast and crew for an amazing season!

• Davad says:

She is only about 5 months along now, and they will start shooting for next season in late June or early July, I believe. She will be VERY pregnant at the time. I know they were wondering if she would be taking leave in the middle of the season and thinking about putting “Finder” in it’s place for awhile. Now I bet they just figure out how to shoot the whole thing and not disrupt the season. Emily has stated she would work if needed through the whole thing or film more earlier.

9. Toni says:

Will we ever get a flash back of them when they got together? Tastefully of course, but I really want to see them kiss!

10. Cindy says:

How can she be pregnant if they just slept together last week??

• sara says:

There’s definitely more of a time lapse than a week between episodes.

• Kate says:

In last week’s episode, Angela said she was only about 8 months along so it’s been about a month between episodes in show time.

• M says:

You’re right, the interview posted on EW clarified that its about one month. Also, Hanson mentioned that whether or not it was only one time that they slept together or several times is left up to the viewer. So I’d like to think that they’ve been together as a couple for the whole month and have done the deed every night!

• g8trgrrl says:

I agree! I think with all the build-up we had to a relationship, last week was not a slept-with-my-coworker-out-of-grief kind of one night stand. That was the start of a real relationship, which they sort of alluded to when Max picked up on the changed dynamic. We don’t have to have everything spelled out for us as viewers, and I like that we can infer the relationship without seeing it all.

• Michelle R. says:

The same way the whole Civil War and Reconstruction can happen in 4 hours in Gone With the Wind. :)

• AJ says:

Did you fail biology or something? I’m hoping you meant how could she know and don’t really think it takes more than a week to become pregnant after sex.

• darklady65 says:

uuuummmmm hello obviously time passes differently within the show so it has been more than a week for the characters

• Phdelicious says:

Yes, because the time jump from last week’s episode to this week’s episode was made clear to the viewers by….?

That’s what I thought.

• Elkay says:

One month since Angela was 8 months pregnant and plus two weeks, because the baby was late by the long. xD One month and a half is enough time for it to show.

• Melissa says:

Pregnancy actually lasts 10months not 9, 40weeks, plus her being late, so more like 2months passed.

• Deb says:

I believe she said it was 2 *days* past her due date, not 2 weeks. They did mention (I think) that it would be normal if she didn’t have it for 2 weeks past the date, though.

• Olivia says:

Well Emily Deschanel has been pregnant for 5 months now LOL and yes bones and Booth slept together last week for us… but you really never know it could be 2-4 weeks for TV land time. Either way both the charector and the actress are preggo! <3

• Airyk says:

Last week our time not TV time.

11. Autumn says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mikaylah says:

Yay! I love everything he said. I am so happy and excited for next season!

13. shayna says:

Wow. They are f*cking geniuses.

14. Courtney says:

Pat on the back to Hart Hanson for taking a big risk… Pity its two seasons too late.

Getting them together now means absolutely nothing to me because I stopped caring about Brennan & Booth a LONG time ago.

Too little, too late Hart.

• rachelle says:

you stopped watching, but you still check up on the show and leave comments?

• Linda says:

EXACTLY!!! I can’t stand people like this. Listen very carefully…if you are not interested in a show…STOP WATCHING IT and STOP COMMENTING ABOUT IT! Yeesh!

• Sarah says:

you cared enough to read this article and respond…

• mandy says:

Apparently you must have watched it because you felt the need to comment. If you dont care then why watch?

• darklady65 says:

then why do you even post if you don’t care and don’t watch the show geez -_-

• Courtney says:

A) No I didn’t watch the episode I got a detailed episode summary from a friend.

B) I asked what happened because a VERY small part of me hopes that HH will redeem himself and return the show to it’s former glory (which he hasn’t & I’m not the only one who thinks so)

C) I comment because I feel that my opinion is as valid as everyone elses, especially since I was a crazy huge fan of the show for the first 4 years.

D) I didn’t read the article, I only commented so my viewpoint would become part of the conversation.

• White Wolf says:

A) Then keep the discussion to your friend circle.
          B) You’re not the only one but you’re part of a VERY small minority, that should tell you something.
          C) Well, now you’re not. So, Right to Opinion aside.. you’re contribution is Jack Squat.
          D) Read the article before commenting on it. Don’t want to be called an “ignorant idiot” now, do ya?

• Tiffany says:

Um…you’re wrong about the “VERY small minority” part. Reactions are about 50/50.

• Tammy says:

Your reasoning for commenting really is not rational. IF you gave up caring about the show a long time ago, then why would you ask for detailed episode info at all? If you have not been watching the show on a regular basis, you do not have any bass to decide whether or not HH has or has not maintained the show’s “glory”. Finally, obviously fans of the show are the ones this article and majority of the comments are skewed to; your negativity and pessimistic opinions would be better suited for an Anti-Bones/HH forum.

However, if your goal was to merely “stir the pot” and irritate the real fans…the ones who have watched even if they were frustrated or wanted to see the characters react and behave in a different way, then congratulations…well done.

• m.s. says:

just an observation – try using the definition ‘current viewers’ or something similar isntead of ‘fans’ and ‘real fans’. Because otehrwise your comment looks like YOU are trying to stir the pot.

The person said they thought that the BB hookup at this late a game, handled this way wasn’t to their liking. But there are other reasons to watch. They could be watching or asking about the show because of other characters and storylines, or because of the actors being superb. You shouldn’t really assume that just because people are not exstatic about the way it all went down with BB, that they have no right to speak their mind. But that’s just what I think.

If everything were all wonderful, and everyone was happy, and there were no opposite views, then wouldn’t that be boring? That can never happen in real life – everyone agreeing to everything. And it isn’t really fair in my opinion to say that people cannot speak their mind (as long as they are not calling anyone names or something like that)

• Mac says:

Guys, let’s pause the hostility for a moment here. I am a devoted Bones fan. I would literally keep watching if the show was just Booth and Bones driving around DC all day. There’s really nothing Hart Hanson can do to scare me off. I am also for B&B and am really pleased with the season finale. That being said, I can understand her dissatisfaction with this season. It was a good year, but it wasn’t great. Usually after watching a new episode, I’ll rush to watch it once or even twice more in the few days after it airs, but this season I only did that once. The whole point of the comment section is to express an opinion. The directions don’t require you to see the show at all before posting. And it’s not like she doesn’t know anything about the show. She’s clearly watched it before and cares about it. And she said she doesn’t care about the Booth/Brennan dynamic, not that she hates Bones. I know that dynamic is a big part of it, but I know several people who have never supported getting them together at all. I’m just saying, don’t be haters!!

• eyeswideshut says:

Agrred. You have every right to comment and those who think otherwise need to back off. I still watch Bones but I agree with you, S4-S6 have, IMO been clunky, full of anvils, obvious who the guilty was with crappy cases to solve. They needed to hook them up S4. Ridiculous they left such a small amount of time to get knocked up, even make ED’s pregnancy be written in.

They promised S6 would be good but apart from a few good episodes, it’s been terrible, with Bones turning into some stupid robot, laughing at stupid things and saying dumb stuff, whereas S1 Bones understood a lot more colloquialisms, and was more arse kicking and inpdendent.

I will watch S7, only because i just can’t give up yet though i’m still saddened it is no where near as good.

You have a right to express your distast and you people need to be ashamed of yourselves.

• Vicky says:

I couldn’t agree more. I love Bones, but this season was nothing compared to seasons 1 – 4, and season 5 was good but not as good as the previous ones. All we can do now is to try having some hope that they make Bones badass and mind-f*ing as it was before, even though I find this almost impossible.

• Gaia toulouse says:

Our CONSTITUTION defends our right to express our ideas. It’s a free country! You please, just give your opinion, it doesn’t need to please anyone else besides you. HH & CO must to know the public feedback. It’s useful. Those unsatisfied with someone’s opinion, shall just skip it.

• Jef says:

Let me be the one to agree – you’re right, it’s two seasons too late. I still watch the show, but not for the cartoons that Bones and Booth have become, or some of the cheesy plotlines the Hanson’s writers have come up with.

• Daniel says:

I second that sentiment, but I think it’s now time for people like us to stop watching. A drop in ratings might jolt the writers back to their senses. And even if it doesn’t, watching the new episodes and how terribly Booth and Bones are written is just painful; it’s like watching someone you love die slowly, and I see no reason to keep doing that.

15. marjoeg says:

omg so many questions have been answered! i’m a happy shipper!

16. brittany says:

i couldnt be happier! way to go hart and stephan! FIANLLY!

17. D says:

The truth is, Booth got Brennan pregnant and we didn’t even saw a kiss between them in this season.
    As for season 7, it can’t come soon enough! xD

• Bubbles says:

My comment exactly during the ending credits…no hug, no kiss no nothing when she announced she was pregnant?? SOO frustrating! (But now I am already anxious to see Season 7…I need to find the season premiere date and start a countdown!

• M says:

The romantic in me is dying for a more obvious display of love and affection between them. But I am still satisfied with how the finale ended, besides, I’m pretty sure that now that the writers have shocked us enough in a good way, they will definitely show us more subtle, funny scenes of B&B as a real couple trying to be parents in season seven. We’ve waited all this time, a few more months won’t hurt. The payoff should be well worth it.

18. metal2000 says:

Out of all the things I was expecting, that was NOT one of them, but I actually think it’s a clever way to do it. After waiting all this time, they couldn’t just finally have them start dating — it would seem weird and tacked-on — so this could work. We’ll see how Season 7 goes, of course.

• Georgley says:

I agree. Reading that article really sold me on Season 7.

• Vanessa says:

I guessed last week that the big surprise was that she was pregnant. Between the did they didn’t they sex plot and emily’s actual pregnancy it seemed like the most obvious route. That’s not to say I wasn’t completely thrilled to actually hear her say it. My favorite part was booth’s reaction, the slow smile was priceless.

19. Stacy says:

I’m feeling pretty good after reading this. I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t get a big sexual tension explosion but this will possibly play out in an interesting way. We better get a little lovey dovey sexy next season since they are a couple but I don’t want it to take over the whole show. Is it Fall yet?

20. Jill says:

finally!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :D

21. stephanie says:

OMG!! They’re together as a couple!!! They. Are. TOGETHER!!!!! I want to send Hart Hanson the biggest flower arrangment EVER!

22. Viewer says:

I never wanted the traditional realtionship for B&B once they became a couple, but my god, can we have a date first? A kiss? An “I love you”? We really have to jump straight to a baby? I don’t understand why everyone is freaking out. Yeah, I’m happy, but at the same time I feel cheated. We should have gotten to see more. I expect some flashbacks next season and a lot of explanation because I’m at my wits end with this show.

• Booth_Girl says:

Totally agree.

• Dev says:

Exactly! I feel so blank and unfulfilled! I know Booth and Brennan are not a typical duo…but that doesn’t mean I don’t want the typical romantic parts between them! I really hope there are flashbacks and explainations…and not next Mid-Season…in the BEGINNING season! And I want LOTS AND LOTS of PDA!!!

• amy says:

ditto, on everything. could not agree more.

• kikacr says:

Yes I agree…I feel cheated…I mean I loved Brennan’s face when she told him that she’s pregnant, I love the idea even when the moment is not the better for them, to many things were left by side in this finale. I waited for 6 years to watch B&B as a couple and I feel cheated, I want to see them say I love you, I want to witness that love in full capacity…PLEASE give us a Flashback, because we deserve at least that, I mean after all this time and the horrible first half of this 6 season, is the best thing HH could do for us!

• Rebecca says:

I totally agree, afterall, we had to sit through how many sexcapades with Hannah and Booth earlier this season and with the true heart and soul of the show – B&B’s relationship – we get nothing? I’ve been ticked off at this show since the whole Booth brain tumor fake-out and this definitely didn’t help. And I agree with the comments that B&B have become shells of themselves. Lately I only watch for Angela and Hodgins. And Wendell. I love Wendell.

• jamie says:

Exactly as I feel too! I feel totally cheated and like we missed a huge chunk of it. I invested this many years in this show and I want to at least see something before we jump so far ahead to baby. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for it, but just would have loved to had more before speeding up the whole relationship entirely.

• David says:

Amen to that. From the previous episode I was already ticked off at Brennan’s suggestion to Angela that she and Booth had, you know. I kept saying to myself, “No, the writers wouldn’t cheat us that way, would they? They couldn’t!” Then, sure enough, as I was catching all of the hints during the finale that Bones was pregnant I kept getting more and more furious. When she finally told Booth I actually turned the TV off.

Okay, I was already pissed off from the American Idol result, but still, it was so infuriating. Six years, all the UST, and now they skip the actual romance? It will definitely take all summer for me to forget how angry I am right now so that I can watch the show again come fall.

• Erica says:

I think that those issues will probably still be address. Her pregnancy does just magically fix all of their issues and make an instant perfect couple. They are going to have to work threw it all and discover what the mean as a couple included admitting love and all that mushy crap. If the writers don’t address those issues, then we can scream and call it crap. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Patience. Bones writers are not dummies. Come on. They’ve kept us interested and even hooked enough to dedicate time out of our lives to check out and relpy to all these forums and news updates for 6 seasons. Got to give them some props.

• spritey30 says:

I’m glad somebody finally pointed this out. I can’t believe we’ve been waiting 6 years for something to happen between them and we don’t even get to see anything! What the heck. I was so angry after this episode. What a let down.

• Jan says:

I missed the romance too but we have seen them kiss before, we have watched them talk about love and being together and they were never going to hold hands and they have been practically dating for years with all the after case dinners and drinks. I think what everyone is missing is that they have been a couple in the most unconventional way for years, they can’t be apart, they never really left each others side.like do you think if booth had to choose between Hannah and Brennan, he wouldn’t have chose Brennan?he hates her with anyone else. I am really looking forward to the next season and hoping that it improves. I love this show and could personally watch them talk at the diner all day but the last two seasons have lacked that bound between the two of them.I love the episodes where they have to save each other because you really see how much they cannot be without the other. Roll on season 7! Ps lovvvee your website!

• Ros says:

I completely agree with you… happy that they’re finally a couple, but feeling cheated.

23. Booth_girl says:

I want my sexy Booth & Bones pay-off. I’m ok with the baby thing (but I think it’s kind off lame, frankly). I will keep watching, but I want some Booth & Bones sexy. . . .

24. Amelia says:

I refused to go out tonight so I could stay home and watch Bones. Totally worth it! I literally squealed at my tv and scared my poor dogs to death! I need season 7 asap.

25. Well says:

I’m going to be the first one to say I hate the idea. Sorry everyone. It just makes no sense. We didn’t see Booth and Brennan together as a couple and we didn’t even get to see a sex scene. Hart just loves screwing over his fans. There are better shows out there and I’m definitely going to try and find them.

• Kate in FL says:

May I recommend CASTLE, if you don’t already watch? :)

• rachelle says:

while i disagree about how you feel about the show, i recommend The Good Wife if you’re not already onto it. also, second Castle. two absolutely brilliant shows that more than deliver.

• jonesjustjones says:

I was bored to death by the finale, as I’ve been pretty much bored all season, apart from last week’s ep. Baby? Oh fer, really? No relationship, but they’re gonna be parents? SO not sticking around for that.

I echo those recommending Castle. It’s got the fun ensemble that Bones excelled at early on, it’s never boring, and if you’re into ships theirs is going slowly, but it is going, and so far they’re not skipping any steps.

• Laura says:

Chuck – though next season is its last. Check it out on WB.com.

26. Nicole says:

I disagree with everything in that interview. I feel that this was such a copout and frankly I feel ripped off! That’s all.

• Amy says:

I completely agree. You took the words straight out of my mouth.

• amy says:

agreed.

• econruth says:

ITA – and I think we need to add a “baby curse” to the TV series vernacular. Having a baby is the lazy writer’s cure to getting through another season. As a variation on the Cousin Oliver/Cousin Pam theme, when a character suddenly becomes pregnant the show is on its deathbed and the best episodes are behind it. See: Friends, X-Files, Murphy Brown, Frasier, etc…

27. Chrissy says:

Ok, now I feel 1000% better. I was stressing that they would brush it off and just be friends raising a baby. This is excellent news! Thank you HH/SN and Thank you Ausiello!

28. 8daysaweek says:

Loved it. I was kind of anticipating it but it still made me squeal a little. I loved Booth’s smile!

29. lily says:

I’m soooooo happy right now!

• M says:

No joke, I went to sleep thinking about B&B and woke up thinking about B&B, hell I even dreamt about how they would be working together while being a couple, deciding where to live, bickering about whether or not the baby should be christened, sharing the news with Parker, how they would tell the others including the various interns, Sweets’ reaction to the news, all the little digs and jokes that the rest of the cast would make at their expense, a very pregnant Bones at gross crime scenes while experiencing morning sickness. Season Seven get here already! Its going to be amazing.

30. Amy says:

I was really angry at first when the episode ended because we didn’t get see them become a couple, kiss, or even talk about them being a couple. I felt like I was cheated out the entertainment of them starting a relationship. But I will admit, this interview has definitely eased my anger. I am still a little bit upset that we didn’t to see what happened in last weeks episode but I am holding to the hope that there will be a flashback in the next season.

31. Nic says:

Some of us are also curious if it was a one-time thing in 6×22, or if it was a multiple occurence thing – they were so flirty in 6×23 that some fans have their suspicions.

32. Tammy says:

I would love to know how much time passed between them doing the deed & Brennan realizing she was pregnant. It seems from the episodes it had only been a week and it is highly unlikely she would know she was pregnant in that short amount of time. Or maybe they have had ‘comfort sex’ more than once. It would be nice if this was addressed at some point.

• Booth_girl says:

I think it was a few weeks, maybe 3, although it was not clear at all, but if you follow Angela’s due date it’s a clue I think. Still pretty speedy to knowing you are pregnant.

• Angela says:

It takes only two weeks to find out if you are pregnant. The last episode, Angela had a month left. In the final episode, she was two days past due. Real time does not equal TV time.

• Honey says:

We know from last week’s episode that Angela was 8 months along and then they said tonight she was 2 weeks overdue. Therefore it had been 6 weeks between episodes. As I understand, that is plenty of time for her to find out she is pregnant.

• M says:

Agree and HH mentioned that its at least a month, as for doing it once or several times, that’s up to you to decide. I’ll go for the latter. My biggest question though is didn’t B&B know that this would happen if they had unprotected sex? Unless somewhere in their minds, they had hoped for it. None of them strike me as someone who wouldn’t practice safe sex, unless it really happned that one time when Mr. Nigel Murray died. I mean, if they had been having sex all along, it would mean that they were either careless or were subconsciously planning/ hoping to become pregnant. But then at least six whole weeks had passed, and I can’t see them having sex that one time and revert back to being just partners, Boothe is just not that type of person. Hopefully, season seven will answer all these questions.

33. Anita says:

Um, this HAS happened before. On the exact same television network! Does The X-Files ring any bells?? :P

• Mika says:

LOL….That’s the exact thing I thought of first. First HH totally ripped off Chris Carter with the whole, “oh, they’ve been doing it a while, we just never bothered to tell or show you” and second, like XF he totally screwed over the Bones fans who have hung in there all this time with this relationship. HH has crapped out some terrible finales in his time, but this one was a total and deliberate slap in the face. If it hadn’t been for the Hodgins storyline this would have been just 40 minutes of bowling filler set to bad country music completele with sterotypes drivel.

• Gaëlle says:

ha!!! Someone finally notices this!! You’re not inventing anything, Hart and Stephen! I feel a little bit let down but yet I’m still curious for next season, so I guess Hart got what they wanted: I’ll probably come back this fall…

• steph says:

Total XF all over again. In this case I was really hoping the frozen sperm would come into play and we wouldn’t have missed seeing them get together. Looks like no such luck. I know I’m in the minority, but I’d just as soon them not be together as to have missed seeing it.

34. Jenn says:

I LOVE YOU. WHERE THE HELL IS SEPTEMBER?

Breath.

Breath.

Breath.

Okay, yes, all I ask is for a flashback scene. That’s all…

35. jackie says:

People need to relax. Yes, the fans were slighted a bit in terms of how they went about the relationship, but did you read the interview? They are a couple now. There will be tons of lovey, dovey, sexy scenes next season.

• Nessie says:

Ahh thank you! I was thinking this exact same thing. They’re a couple now, does no one get that? We don’t need a flashback scene, we’re going to get all the good stuff!

• murley says:

finally people talking sense. i don’t understand why the fact that they are now a couple is so confusing. i will trade not witnessing their first time for the creative and fresh take on their relationship and how that will benefit the show overall.

• Lisa P says:

I got the exact opposite message from the interview: this was a way to *avoid* having lovey dovey sexy scenes and go straight to bickering, fights and tensions. Well, back to bickering fights and tensions, but with B/B supposedly together instead of having the bickering fights and tensions supposedly keeping them apart. I suspect the fans will have to fill in the blanks just as much next season as they have the last six. But it’s what you enjoy doing, right? HH is certainly counting on it.

36. Theresa says:

I gotta say that I was kinda blown away on how the BB relationship was handled. I’ve been waiting for it forever. And yet was pleasantly surprised. I am very much looking forward to their future moments because they will have many issues with having a child together. Thanks for the interview!

37. Sally says:

I’m a huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice but honestly, it’s gonna be hard for them and any other show to out-do this finale! I wanna go to sleep and not wake up until next season starts, I’m so stoked! The writers are geniuses I tell you! GENIUSES! =D

• Josephine says:

I feel excatly the same way, but I did not enjoy Grey’s final at all, I was glad I had watched Bones first and had Bones to go back to. After all it is pretty ironic B&B together and meredith and Derek well… “taking a break”.

• Melissa says:

I agree 100%!!! The Grey’s finale just showed that the show will never have the characters get it together for anything, not even bringing their child home for the first time. So sad, but I was very happy to watch Bones afterwards. I have been waiting forever for Booth and Bones to be together, and was personally thrilled at the end. I would like to see a flashback, but other than that didn’t feel cheated at all!!! I am so used to being dumped on as a fan, that this almost feels like a payoff. Can’t wait for September!!!!

• Jami says:

I completely agree. I couldn’t help but think about how much better of a couple Bones and Booth are than all of the couples are on Grey’s while watching Grey’s mediocre finale after Bones’ AMAZING one last night. I am very very excited about this development, and I really hope that the people who aren’t happy stick around until next season to see this play out on screen. THEY ARE A COUPLE! I can’t believe I get to say that. I understand some people feel cheated out of that first time (and I would be totally for a flashback fyi) but we are going to get so much more than that and I for one am really looking forward to it. Thanks Hart!

• Kristiana says:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been thinking that for months; ignoring all the nay-sayers. I totally saw this coming all season! I love the way it all played out – surprising & fresh. Thank you writers! :)

38. Cass says:

I’ve not stopped exclaiming “Oh my gosh!” (repeatedly) and likely won’t be able to wipe the grin off my face for a very long time. I just hope we get a LITTLE lovey-dovey stuff. Every so often. (Hey–I’m a girl.) But I’m glad they’ll be who they are. And while I’m sure somewhere down the line they’ll do the “temporary breakup ploy” (hopefully without stupid permanent consequence junk), they are meant to be together. A baby. Wow. I hope we get to see them reveal their relationship and their pregnancy to the others. Especially Sweets. Oh, I relish the thought of his facial expression!

• Leslie says:

Oh gosh, Sweets!! I can’t wait to see his reaction! He is gonna totally faint with this news. LOL!

• Cass says:

I know, right?! I’m also looking forward to Angela’s reaction (if we get to see it). Her reaction to Brennan’s news about sleeping with Booth was PERFECT. Love that Michaela Conlin. Love them all.

39. Gilby says:

I’m sorry but am I the only one who felt completely cheated by the end of this episode? After 6 years of waiting for them to get together, they finally do – and I don’t get to see it?! As a fan, I feel completely let down. How could they do it all off-camera? Even the frakkin’ reveal to Angela that they did something was off-camera. Why did they want to rob us of those moments? The pregnancy still would have been a surprise reveal.

It just really pisses me off. Across all networks, this has sure been a year of extremely disappointing finales… :-/

• Booth_girl says:

Agree.

• Melissa says:

I agree. I was extremely disappointed too! I was expected just a LITTLE bit more after making us wait SIX years!

And yeah all the season finales this year were sucky, except of course the Castle one which literally blew everything off the roof! Nothing else I’ve seen comes close to it!

• Kate says:

I agree with you. I expected more too. I actually felt about it the way I’ve felt about the whole season- just kind of blah… I used to really look forward to the show, and it’s sad to me that I really don’t anymore. I’m just totally over the Booth/Brennen will they won’t they thing. I just don’t care anymore. I did really enjoy the Angela/Hodgins scenes though.
        (I also agree about Castle- that was a master class on how to do a season finale.)

• amy says:

oh trust me, you’re not the only one. I feel the same.

• tripoli says:

Perhaps you should relax a bit and see what the next season brings. It’s quite possible that they will show the getting together and such in upcoming episodes.

40. rachelle says:

I absolutely loved the way they got B and B together. I think it was brilliant. I’m happy we skipped the whole dating part, cause these past six, seven years, their relationship has been evolving like any traditional couple’s relationship develops. The only thing missing was sex. Now, they’ve had sex and they’re officially together. It was an ingenious idea to not waste our time with that lovey-dovey period. As an avid (avid!) Bones fan who was stressing over how the writers could possibly put the two characters together without ruining their dynamic and turning their relationship into some diabetes-inducing mess, this solution more than satisfies me. Anybody who stops watching is lame, because Bones is a complex show. People shouldn’t have been tuning in only for B and B’s relationship, but also for all of the other great things that go on in the show on a weekly basis.

• Leslie says:

I couldn’t agree more with this post!! Thank you!

• Cass says:

Excellent post.

• Josephine says:

Thank you. I could not agree more.
      We have seen tons of dates if you think about it.We have even seen her dressed up and ending up going to diner with him, with him helping her with the coat. We have seen her comenting on cream around his mouth, we have actually seen them share a dessert (remember the ice-cream thing in season 4), we have also seen her feedign him some kind of tofu role on the DVD’s in an extra scene…
      Aren’t they the things which would normally be added in the dating part, well we already had them. This is great. Really all of them who want those scenes go rewatch those scenes in season 2-5 and imaging them going home together instead of apart, when you have them on dates.

So thank you:-)

• skybridge says:

Nope, sorry, we have never seen them on a date. We have seen work partners who became close friends spend time together. Yes they have a connection but never, ever established it was a romantic connection at the same time. We have never seen one of the partners ask the other out with a declaration that I am interested in you in a romantic way and want to date you.
        We have never seen them get nervous about asking the other out, the actual date or the repercussion after the date.
        Even last week before the apparently sealed the deal, they could not even touch each with a friendly pat or hug after Mr. Nigel Murray was murdered.
        You can rationalize any way you want, but they have NEVER been out on a date.
        Now I am happy where they are now. So as far as we know, they are both happy about the baby and seem committed to each other. I will wait until September before HH & Co burst that bubble too.

I think we are being set up to witness another Booth marriage proposal rejection and the angst between the partners that will follow as a result of that for most of season 7.

If they have Booth become another part time daddy living separate from his child, I will be livid. Brennan seems pretty self sufficient and now she has what she couldn’t have before without him. Yes, she will have all the support of her extended family and Booth will be pushed out of what he truly wants once again. Ugh.

• AngelMoonGirl says:

I completely agree! I feel this way as well. I do feel a little sad we didn’t even get a kiss much less a sex scene but hey, there’s time enough for that in season 7! I’m still in shock. A BABY. A Booth/Brennan baby! My god am I excited! They will be such wonderful and quirky parents! Ah! SEPTEMBER NEEDS TO COME NOWWWW. Can you IMAGINE the look on everyone’s faces? I REALLY hope we don’t just jump into the pregnancy half way through it; let’s see the announcement! Sweets’ face… OMG… *hysterics*

• fangirl21 says:

Nicely put.

• M says:

Thank You! I’m dreaming up all sorts of good things that season seven should bring. Bones is a very literal person who says things out loud that many other people would beat around the bush about. I can only imagine how the conversations around the lab are going to be funnier than ever. Can you imagine Angela and Bones having a conversation about the delivery of the baby or how Boothe loves one particular part of her body and Emily delivering those lines in that matter of fact way? Angela, “You breasts has doubled in size”. Bones, “yes, I know, Boothe said the same thing to me last night while we were in bed” or something like that.

• tehreem says:

i completely agree! personally i was happy the way B and B got together..it was done amazingly and i really wanna see what happens next! INGENIOUS

• Norwegian girl says:

Excuse me!? diabetes-inducing mess?? very insulting… But still I agree with you on that they were smart to avoid it. I love B/B, I for one will never stop watching <3

41. Fritz says:

OMG I Love how the Finale ended! I’m So Excited! I Think this is Wonderful! Its great they wont have to “hide” her real pregnancy during next season too. I can’t wait to see how this Change in the Game will effect everyone! Its great that Bones and her best friend will get to share this experience together.

42. STARK says:

“Emily being pregnant certainly figured into it to a certain extent. But [series creator] Hart [Hanson] and I were leaning toward this independently of that”

I loved the finale, but seriously? are you going to play the “it was happening anyway” card? hehehe

43. Booth_girl says:

Wait! Who really believes that neither Booth or Bones would skip out on using protection? I can’t imagine she’s not on the pill. An accident like this seems a little far fetched.

• rachelle says:

how do you know they didn’t have sex in a fit of passion? after all, they have been waiting forever! that’s what i was thinking. even if it was comfort sex, they might not have thought of it. bren was so distraught. and people tend to make the biggest mistakes when their emotions are all over the place. idk. that’s my logic anyway.

• Courtney says:

It’s called the morning after pill.

• M says:

Yes, but Bones has always wanted a baby. I have asked myself that same question too. I don’t consider either of them careless that they wouldn’t use protection, but I’m thinking that having sex that night, just happened. As for what happened for the rest of those 4 to 6 weeks leading up to Angela having the baby, well that’s open to interpretation. That is why I am anxious for season seven, when someone from the group will ask the question “how far along are you and how and when did this happen?”

44. melita says:

can never satisfy pissed off shippers i guess crzy people
    but hart did the right thing brilliant i might add
    ones the first date kiss eyc is shown they became worn out and boring
    look at chuck and sarah
    this way the banter is alive the tension is there a lot of funny and heartwarming moments
    in two words win win!! :)

45. Dev says:

First of all….WHOO HOOO!!!! FINALLY! Thank you to Hart and Stephen for not dragging it out any longer! But I have to say I’m a little disappointed that the fans didn’t get to see the (tasteful) night or even a kiss or lovey-dovey action, or even the “Next Morning” talk between Booth and Bones! Do you think you can ask them if the fans will ever see flashbacks of this night/next morning amazingness?! Gracias!

46. Sam says:

Why is everyone so concerned with seeing a B&B sex scene? If you want one so badly go watch The End in the Beginning. Had they actually done a sex scene last week, there would be so many complaints about it being “tasteless”, “wrong” ,etc. because Vincent had just been killed. Plus there is still the fact that ED actually is pregnant which makes a sex scene near impossible to shoot because there is no hiding a baby bump then.

• julianne says:

I totally agree with you Sam. They couldn’t have hidden her pregnancy in a sex scene so they decided to be tasteful and just hint at what happened. Booth and Brennan have a long ways to go before they get all PDA. They are both afraid to step wrong and ruin what is happening. Instead we get to see Booth being bashful and Brennan affectionate for a change. Plus I think that Booth would be really gentle and protective of anyone he loves so much and I think that DB is displaying that very well so far.

• Josephine says:

Thank you, could you post this all over the internet. I am glad someone put it out there.
      Plus one more thing, this is not HBO people… if you want sex scenes go watch that (true blood, sex and the city and so on), or you could go find a porno movie, in addition to the end in the beginning.

47. Lore says:

i have a Smile on my face, because i loved the season finale, glad that wasnt a dream, glad they did it, grateful for the name of the baby, MIchael Stocato Vincent Hodgins, grateful he is not blind, and IN THE MOON BECAUSE OF THAT GLORIOUS SMILE SEELEY BOOTH GAVE US IN THE END.

48. Leslie says:

Thank you so much for this interview! Loved all the questions and the Stephen’s answers were great!! The Bones finale was just absolutely amazing….I was squeeling at the end! So happy that Booth/Brennan are finally together and having a baby!! Only wish we could’ve seen a little of the “baby making” in last week’s episode, but, that’s ok, I’ll deal. Can’t wait for next season! Is it September yet?!?!

49. Serena says:

I have to admit, at first I was upset about the pregnancy. It seemed so crazy- someone as calculated as Bones, getting pregnant after one night of sex?! BUT. After reading this, reading the answers to these questions, it makes sense. I get it. And I like it. They’re right, Booth and Bones could *never* do the lovely-dovey thing, it’s not their characters. And I love that we’ll be seeing this new dynamic. So touche, writers. I’m still a fan, still hooked, and ready to see what happens next

• Tia says:

But Bones hasn’t been a sexual relationship in a while so it is possible she is not on the pill or anything. I am suprised that Booth didn’t use protection as that is how he got Parker. But I am happy this occured.