Fall Preview: Check Out J.J. Abrams' Person of Interest, and 4 Other New CBS Shows

With the fewest new shows of any network going into the 2011-12 TV season (detailed here), CBS is once again sticking with what they know: quirky-character comedies, and a few medical and cop dramas.

Here are sneak peeks at five of CBS’ new shows. Take a good long look and then hit the comments with your reax! (Note: A promo for midseason series The 2-2 is not yet available.)

CBS’ Fall Schedule Revealed: CSI and Good Wife Moved, J.J. Abrams Show Lands on Thursday

2 Broke Girls, starring Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, Matthew Moy, Garrett Morris, Jonathan Kite (Mondays at 8:30 pm)

Loading video...

Unforgettable, starring Poppy Montgomery, Dylan Walsh, Kevin Rankin (Tuesdays at 10 pm)

Loading video...

Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Guide to All the New Shows!

How To Be a Gentleman, starring David Hornsby, Kevin Dillon, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Rhys Darby (Thursdays at 8:30 pm)

Loading video...

Person of Interest, starring Michael Emerson, James Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman (Thursdays at 9 pm)

Loading video...

A Gifted Man, starring Patrick Wilson, Jennifer Ehle, Julie Benz (Fridays at 8 pm)

Loading video...

1. Sarah says:

So I was only going to watch Person of Interest but I may have to give A Gifted Man a shot.

2. z says:

Videos are not available…

3. Mick says:

Whitney Cummings is having a very good year but how is she going to produce two shows?

4. MC says:

Person of Interest? Yes.

Everything else? Hell no.

5. AnaA says:

The videos are not working :(

• adam says:

Do you live outside of the states? cause they wont work if u do, TVline doesnt care about anyone but Americans

• AnaA says:

I do live outside, but I was able to watch NBC’s and ABC’s videos just yesterday. Maybe because the stations allow them to be played outside the US?

6. Matt says:

Person of Interest looks awesome, and the cast for Unforgettable is great, though what’s up with Poppy Montgomery’s accent?

I may actually have to start watching CBS in the fall – does that officially make me an old person? Maybe I’ll have to watch some CW shows to counteract the effect…

7. Chris Halarewich says:

For all the videos I get “embedding this video is disabled by the owner” Im in Canada

8. BH says:

I actually like most of these shows and hoping that I don’t get disappointed. To see more of opinions on many various things, go to my own website. http://reviews-bh.blogspot.com/

9. chris says:

david hornsbys new show better not mean the end of rickety chricket on its always sunny

10. Blake says:

2 Broke Girl looks funny enough for me to check out. Unforgettable seems interesting. Everything else I’m on the fence with. I’ll check out A Gifted Man because I think it has potential, but I’m not completely sold on it.

11. Justin says:

Wow, um, these look dreadful. CBS, adding to the long line of unwatchable comedies, is another show with the word “man” or some variation in the title. Why in the world would Patrick Wilson sign up for something as awful as that? Person of Interest looks decent at best, but everyone seem to be placing the carriage before the horse. JJ Abrams does not automatically equal great show. In fact, it looks like your run of the mill procedural with a touch of Abrams sprinkled in, and a slight rip off of Numbers. I likely will not be watching any of these. The Good Wife and The Big Bang Theory (sometimes) are the only good shows on this network. And clearly it’ll stay that way. Worst upfronts yet.

12. Angie says:

The Gifted Man looks really interesting. A big plus is Jennifer Ehle. I haven’t seen her since Pride and Prejudice…

13. jenna says:

How to be a gentlemen seems off with the casting. Might check out unforgettable, seems like a really interesting concept. A gifted man seems like it would be better as a movie rather than a series, i’ll probably check that out, out of curiosity

14. Rosie says:

Megan, doll, you have again forgotten that your website is read worldwide, as it is published on the global domain known as the WWW, and you have provided video links that are suitable for publication only on a restricted domain (that is, [b]not[/b] the WWW). [i]sigh[/]

15. Laura says:

Wow, I can’t believe how many big named stars are going to be on tv in the fall. Michael Emerson, yes please! Patrick Wilson, yes please! Kat Dennings, yep! A brunette Poppy Montgomery, ok! Looks like a strong lineup for CBS.

16. Mindy says:

Sadly, it really does look like “Person of Interest” is a boring crime procedural. I kept hoping there would be some other, overarching story, a la “Fringe”. But, from this clip it doesn’t appear so. Not even JJ Abrams can fight the procedural juggernaut of CBS. Disappointing for Michael Emerson, for sure.

17. JohnDoe says:

I love Emerson, but no matter what I see him in from now on, I and many others will always see him as the manipulative Benjamin Linus.

18. haldrich says:

how to be a gentleman i may watch, as for the rest…yuck,something seems lacking in them. hopefully they just cut some bad promo vids

19. Cam says:

Person of interest looks beyond awesome. How can you lose with that combo of actors, creators, and writers?? Cannot wait!

20. genifer says:

i cannot watch here but youtube had better… and i must say Person of Interest is really worth watching.. I love the lines…
    “I don´t particularly like killing people but I´m very good at it.If you´re going to put someone in the backseat of your car, you have to search them properly”.. or
    “Oh that´s some pretty serious equipment, have you guys taken a safety course? (really! hahaha…cool!) I´m gonna hold on to these while you guys get some practice.”
    Those were excellent. JJ Abrams and J Nolan… the best! Can´t wait to see this new series.

21. jean10brook says:

I will definitely be watching Unforgettable. Love Poppy and really like that they are going to explore the mental recall subject. I will watch Person of Interest just because I want to see how Taraji fits into the show. She is a great actress! I might look at A Gifted Man, but it better grab me right out of the gate. As for the two comedies, absolutely not! Don’t watch any comedies – too much trashy talk for me.

22. Alphonse says:

CBS cancelled Mad Love and Better Than You but went for 2 Broke Girls??!! Not one second of the video for this show seems funny at all – fail!

23. Lorie says:

Unforgettable and A Gifted Man look promising.

24. Renee says:

I’ll have to check out Unforgettable because of Kevin Rankin. He got me w/Friday Night Lights.

25. Doug-H says:

All three dramas look OK… I was thinking I’d get a break at 10pm on Tuesday in the fall but it looks like overload again.. thankfully On Demand will probably save…. I wonder if Demme will do more than the pilot for A Gifted Man????? I like the fact there will be another NYC based drama in Poppy’s Unforgettable… I wonder if all these years playing Americans has softened her Aussie accent enough that she just speaks without the accent now??? It’s also good to see another NYC show in Person of Interest although I wonder if JJ will move it up to Canada like he did Fringe???? Maybe New York is giving more incentives to shoot in the city these days though you wonder how if they are broke..

26. Melody says:

Person of Interest looks good. I might check out Unforgettable. I rarely watch comedies and these don’t really catch my interest.

• Esta says:

I click on the fall tv preview guide link in the middle of the story, got info there. Pretty simple I thought.

27. mags says:

I guess Jim Caviezel actually is getting work, despite his claim that no one will hire him because of “Passion of the Christ.”

28. Ben says:

Why aren’t there two or three sentence descriptions of each show before the clips? Sure, I can look this info up elsewhere. But I thought you wanted us to stay on your site? It gives the inaccurate feeling that you don’t care about giving good content on each news story.

29. Doris says:

Person of Interest appeals to me because I LOVE Michael Emerson and really like Jim Caviezel (loved Count of Monte Cristo) and of course J.J. Abrams. I will also watch A Gifted Man (but why no Julie Benz in that promo?) and maybe Unforgettable. Why is she a redhead though? And will we see her significant other, the very handsome Adam Kauffman?

30. Elle says:

Not usually a fan of CBS CSI’s and NCIS’ just don’t do it for me but Persons Of Interest looks good as long as it doesn’t turn into a boring procedual and introduces some good mythology.Two Broke Girls looks so funny!Kat Dennings is great and the girl playing opposite her seems sweet.Others aren’t my cup of tea.

31. Bob says:

Still wish they could have worked out something for Emerson and O’Quinn with Odd Jobs. Looks like that project is on permanent hiatus with this show being picked up.

32. Natalie says:

Okay, 2 Broke Girls looks hilarious, of course I’m a huge Kat Dennings fan and like her type of humor. I’m definitely giving that one a shot.

33. Bee says:

Person of Interest looks intelligent and thrilling! Where is Taraji P. Henson, though? I will watch partly because I want to know what role she’ll play. She’s SO incredibly intense as an actress. This one looks good…

34. NedPepper says:

Person of Interest looks really good. And 2 Broke Girls has potential.

35. Jaded says:

Can’t wait to check out Person of Interest! Michael Emerson is an undercover hottie!

36. XK says:

I actually watch almost every pilot anyway, but will definitely check out Person of Interest and Unforgettable. 2 Broke Girls gets a viewing, if only for Kat Dennings.

37. Girish Winchester says:

Person Of Interest looks awesome!! Can’t wait for that. And Unforgettable seems good too.

38. martinex says:

I’m a big Whitney Cummings fan so I watch a couple of episodes of “broke girls” but the odd couple thing is a bit of a cliche. The show would be just as funny if it was about two working class girls. I’m sure this premise came from clueless studio executives.

39. martinex says:

I’m a big Whitney Cummings fan so I’ll watch a couple of episodes of “broke girls” but the odd couple thing is a bit of a cliche. The show would be just as funny if it was about two working class girls. I’m sure this premise came from clueless studio executives. POI looks interesting. I’m going to be homeless eventually so this looks like a character I can root for.