Breaking: The CW Renews Nikita, One Tree Hill, Axes Hellcats

The CW has ordered a full second season of freshman spy-drama Nikita, TVLine can confirm. The network has also picked up a 13-episode ninth season of One Tree Hill, set to premiere at midseason.

The Tom Welling-produced cheer drama Hellcats didn’t fare as well, and has officially been canceled. Tuesday night’s first season finale (9/8c) will mark the end for the short-lived series.

CW Picks Up Rachel Bilson and Sarah Michelle Gellar Shows, Kevin Williamson’s Secret Circle

How do you feel about today’s CW action? Happy to see more Nikita and One Tree Hill? Or are you bummed Hellcats won’t live to cheer another day? Hit the comments and let us know!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewals

1. Hollie says:

Wooooo! i love nikita and one tree hill :D so excited for the next season :D

2. Herold says:

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! NIKITAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I AM SO OMG, LIKE OHMGEE Nikitika is coming back. This is gonna be SOOOOOO Like H.O.T. Oh My God! I am soooo watching.

3. Natashka says:

I loved Hellcats… :(

4. Natashka says:

Save HELLCATS!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Missy says:

so happy Nikita is back! also gossip girl but i knew that wouldnt be cancelled! bumbed about hellcats! esp the way the season ended on a cliff hanger! def will be mailing the cw about that!

6. Dugi1920 says:

Hellcats has not been completed! Not after such termination of the first season, not so early, this series was really cool, ask you

7. Aydin says:

Nikita is not a word , is not a film, it is a life.
    A very VERY complicated life with Paradoxes and wishes of FREEDOM.
    I did not watch Nikita on TV But …..(sorry, but you never understand)
    anyhow!!
    MY VOTE IS ==========>>>>>>> NIKITA <<<<<<<<=======
    Thanks

8. Eva says:

I like the serie Nikita!!!

9. Charlotte says:

soooooooo sad about Hellcats! I love cheerleading shows lol Canada does’t have a huge cheerleading community…. and the season finale was not very satisfying…
    Glad OTH was renewed though… I really need closure haha

10. Izzy says:

Go Nikita!!!!!!! Nikita is by far the best by some of these programs, I can’t wait for the next seaon, was left on such a cliffhanger !!
    Go Nikita <3<3

11. V says:

So gutted Hellcats aren’t being renewed for season 2! Its getting kind of annoying how shows are cut just like that, this happened with V as well! I hope they bring it back.

12. amanda says:

just gotta say,

13. amanda says:

just gotta say, I LOVE ONE TREE HILL!! it has been my favorite show since, well, forever ! so glad their renewed for season 9. i heard from chad murrays twitter that he is trying to get his spot back on the show! cannot wait to see and yes i hope out of the blue they have a season 10.(:

14. JAMM says:

BRING BACK HELLCATS!

15. Nikita says:

Well i’m completely bummed that hellcats season 2 isn’t coming back. i watched the entire season 1 and it was amazing♥ and i really don’t like the series nikita. no good and one tree hill is a huge no. kthanks, :) much love nikitahart.

16. Kristen S says:

Really happy that Nikita is back but super bummed that HELLCATS wont be back i loved that show and was so looking forward to the second season.

17. Britney says:

SO UPSET HELLCATS GOT CANCELLED!! Nikita is nothing new same old spy stuff very unoriginal. I know a lot of people who will be upset over Hellcats, big mistake

18. haley bacon says:

i am sooooooo happy they are picking onr tree hill up for a 9th season. one tree hill is my number 1 fav show and one of the best shows the cw has. i am sad to here it will be there last season, i hope they go out with a bang. as for hell cats i am sad to see it go, it was a good show and had some good actors on it. congrats nikita for makeing it to season 2. i was never a really big fan of the show and never did wach it so i cant say nothing bad about it. just congrats on season 2. this years the cw looks like it has a lot of new shows that look really good. i look forword to waching waching the cw this year and seeing all the new showsalong with the old and waching the last season of one tree hill, verey sad to see it go after this season.

19. Shawnna says:

Yes I’m sad to c it canceled, but 4 all u so call die hard fans, we already had 2 seasons nd this would’ve been the 3rd season, 1st season Marty joins the Hell Cats nd helps prove Travis is not ggilty 2nd season Marty finds out she has a 1/2 sister goes out to learn about her dad only to learn that he is still alive

20. Ruth says:

So sad that Hellcats won’t be coming back!! I LOVED it!! But SUPER HAPPY Nikita is coming back and SUPER HAPPY One Tree Hill is back for another season!! :) But I wish they would change their mind on Hellcats and bring it back!!

21. Naomi says:

I AM SPWAKING ON BEHALF OF THE WORLD HERE…..CANCEL NIKITA, FINISH ONE TREE HILL (BY THE WAY, I LOVE OTH) AND PUT HELLCATS BACK IN !!!! I CANT FUNCTION WITHOUT THAT SHOW!!! MATT BAARRR <3 YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY TO BE SUPPORTING NIKITA INSTEAD OF HELLCATS!

22. Chantie says:

YOU HAVE TO PUT HELLCATS ON I HAVE WATCHED IT EVERYDAY ON THE COMPUTER FROM EP :1-22 I LOVED IT ND IT MAKES ME WANT TO CHEER PLZ YU HAVE TO PUT IT BACK ON AIR I’VE NEVA WATCHED ONE TREE HILL OUR NIKITA BECUZ THEIR NOT AS GOOD PLZZZZZ……….
    YU HAVE TO AIR IT AGAIN AND PUTTING IT ON TWICE A WEEK OR FRM MONDAY TO FIRDAY THEN IT WOULD GET MRE RATING

23. Raelynn says:

How are they about to cancell the best show on the CW….I loved that show it was the best of the best everr!!! how it ended wasnt even right there needs to be more, there better be more, thats not even right ending it how they ended it, that was an awsome show, i wanna see more, i love cheerleading so that was my favorite show!!!

24. Liz says:

I’m bumped that Hellcats isn’t being renewed I loved that show, Happy for One Tree Hill though.

25. nunu says:

Bring back hellcats!!!!!!!!!:(

26. ada says:

please bring bk hellcats.im Nigerian n live in Nigeria n got 2 watch d ful episodes n twas d bomb.pls dnt take it awayyy