Breaking: The CW Renews Nikita, One Tree Hill, Axes Hellcats

The CW has ordered a full second season of freshman spy-drama Nikita, TVLine can confirm. The network has also picked up a 13-episode ninth season of One Tree Hill, set to premiere at midseason.

The Tom Welling-produced cheer drama Hellcats didn’t fare as well, and has officially been canceled. Tuesday night’s first season finale (9/8c) will mark the end for the short-lived series.

CW Picks Up Rachel Bilson and Sarah Michelle Gellar Shows, Kevin Williamson’s Secret Circle

How do you feel about today’s CW action? Happy to see more Nikita and One Tree Hill? Or are you bummed Hellcats won’t live to cheer another day? Hit the comments and let us know!

Comments (220)

• Wooooo! i love nikita and one tree hill :D so excited for the next season :D

Comment by Hollie – May 23, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! NIKITAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I AM SO OMG, LIKE OHMGEE Nikitika is coming back. This is gonna be SOOOOOO Like H.O.T. Oh My God! I am soooo watching.

Comment by Herold – May 24, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Hellcats… :(

Comment by Natashka – May 25, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save HELLCATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Natashka – May 25, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so happy Nikita is back! also gossip girl but i knew that wouldnt be cancelled! bumbed about hellcats! esp the way the season ended on a cliff hanger! def will be mailing the cw about that!

Comment by Missy – May 30, 2011 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hellcats has not been completed! Not after such termination of the first season, not so early, this series was really cool, ask you

Comment by Dugi1920 – May 30, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is not a word , is not a film, it is a life.
    A very VERY complicated life with Paradoxes and wishes of FREEDOM.
    I did not watch Nikita on TV But …..(sorry, but you never understand)
    anyhow!!
    MY VOTE IS ==========>>>>>>> NIKITA <<<<<<<<=======
    Thanks

Comment by Aydin – May 30, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the serie Nikita!!!

Comment by Eva – May 30, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • soooooooo sad about Hellcats! I love cheerleading shows lol Canada does’t have a huge cheerleading community…. and the season finale was not very satisfying…
    Glad OTH was renewed though… I really need closure haha

Comment by Charlotte – June 1, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Nikita!!!!!!! Nikita is by far the best by some of these programs, I can’t wait for the next seaon, was left on such a cliffhanger !!
    Go Nikita <3<3

Comment by Izzy – June 7, 2011 03:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So gutted Hellcats aren’t being renewed for season 2! Its getting kind of annoying how shows are cut just like that, this happened with V as well! I hope they bring it back.

Comment by V – June 8, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just gotta say,

Comment by amanda – June 15, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just gotta say, I LOVE ONE TREE HILL!! it has been my favorite show since, well, forever ! so glad their renewed for season 9. i heard from chad murrays twitter that he is trying to get his spot back on the show! cannot wait to see and yes i hope out of the blue they have a season 10.(:

Comment by amanda – June 15, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lovvve it girl! oth does rock and everyone knows itt!

Comment by alyssa – June 15, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • couldnt of said it better myself

Comment by julie – June 15, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK HELLCATS!

Comment by JAMM – July 16, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well i’m completely bummed that hellcats season 2 isn’t coming back. i watched the entire season 1 and it was amazing♥ and i really don’t like the series nikita. no good and one tree hill is a huge no. kthanks, :) much love nikitahart.

Comment by Nikita – August 8, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really happy that Nikita is back but super bummed that HELLCATS wont be back i loved that show and was so looking forward to the second season.

Comment by Kristen S – August 11, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO UPSET HELLCATS GOT CANCELLED!! Nikita is nothing new same old spy stuff very unoriginal. I know a lot of people who will be upset over Hellcats, big mistake

Comment by Britney – August 28, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am sooooooo happy they are picking onr tree hill up for a 9th season. one tree hill is my number 1 fav show and one of the best shows the cw has. i am sad to here it will be there last season, i hope they go out with a bang. as for hell cats i am sad to see it go, it was a good show and had some good actors on it. congrats nikita for makeing it to season 2. i was never a really big fan of the show and never did wach it so i cant say nothing bad about it. just congrats on season 2. this years the cw looks like it has a lot of new shows that look really good. i look forword to waching waching the cw this year and seeing all the new showsalong with the old and waching the last season of one tree hill, verey sad to see it go after this season.

Comment by haley bacon – September 5, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I’m sad to c it canceled, but 4 all u so call die hard fans, we already had 2 seasons nd this would’ve been the 3rd season, 1st season Marty joins the Hell Cats nd helps prove Travis is not ggilty 2nd season Marty finds out she has a 1/2 sister goes out to learn about her dad only to learn that he is still alive

Comment by Shawnna – September 14, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad that Hellcats won’t be coming back!! I LOVED it!! But SUPER HAPPY Nikita is coming back and SUPER HAPPY One Tree Hill is back for another season!! :) But I wish they would change their mind on Hellcats and bring it back!!

Comment by Ruth – September 24, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AM SPWAKING ON BEHALF OF THE WORLD HERE…..CANCEL NIKITA, FINISH ONE TREE HILL (BY THE WAY, I LOVE OTH) AND PUT HELLCATS BACK IN !!!! I CANT FUNCTION WITHOUT THAT SHOW!!! MATT BAARRR <3 YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY TO BE SUPPORTING NIKITA INSTEAD OF HELLCATS!

Comment by Naomi – October 16, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YOU HAVE TO PUT HELLCATS ON I HAVE WATCHED IT EVERYDAY ON THE COMPUTER FROM EP :1-22 I LOVED IT ND IT MAKES ME WANT TO CHEER PLZ YU HAVE TO PUT IT BACK ON AIR I’VE NEVA WATCHED ONE TREE HILL OUR NIKITA BECUZ THEIR NOT AS GOOD PLZZZZZ……….
    YU HAVE TO AIR IT AGAIN AND PUTTING IT ON TWICE A WEEK OR FRM MONDAY TO FIRDAY THEN IT WOULD GET MRE RATING

Comment by Chantie – October 18, 2011 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How are they about to cancell the best show on the CW….I loved that show it was the best of the best everr!!! how it ended wasnt even right there needs to be more, there better be more, thats not even right ending it how they ended it, that was an awsome show, i wanna see more, i love cheerleading so that was my favorite show!!!

Comment by Raelynn – October 25, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m bumped that Hellcats isn’t being renewed I loved that show, Happy for One Tree Hill though.

Comment by Liz – October 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back hellcats!!!!!!!!!:(

Comment by nunu – November 22, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please bring bk hellcats.im Nigerian n live in Nigeria n got 2 watch d ful episodes n twas d bomb.pls dnt take it awayyy

Comment by ada – December 7, 2011 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post