House Shocker: A 'Disappointed' Lisa Edelstein Calls It Quits

House fandom, brace for impact: Dr. Cuddy is checking out.

Lisa Edelstein — whose long-term contract expires this month — has opted not to return for the show’s eighth and likely final season.

In a statement, the actress says, “After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead.”

Fox and NBC Universal declined to comment.

Back in March — when the future of House itself was up in the air — Edelstein told TVLine, “Nobody at work seems to think it won’t [return]. Everybody wants to come to a deal, and I certainly am looking forward to a Season 8.”

In an interview last week with BlogCritics.org, exec producer Katie Jacobs said she would “not rest” until Edelstein was on board for an eighth season. “Lisa is such a valuable member [of the cast],” she said. “I challenge any other actress on TV to do what she does seemingly effortlessly. She goes between drama, comedy, intelligence, sex appeal… It’s certainly not my plan or David’s plan or the creative team’s plan to not have Lisa in the show.”

There’s talk Edelstein was a victim of belt-tightening at the show. In the aforementioned interview, Jacobs acknowledged that, “For seven seasons we managed to avoid getting the phone call to make cuts in our budget. But now we’re getting that call.” Perhaps she rejected a low-ball offer — hence her disappointment?

Earlier this month, Edelstein’s costars Robert Sean Leonard and Omar Epps inked new deals to return to the show. Hugh Laurie, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson were already contracted for the recrently-greenlit Season 8, leaving Jesse Spencer as the only remaining question mark.

The news comes a week before the show’s current season — arguably Edelstein’s meatiest yet — comes to a close. It’s unclear if the finale sets the stage for a possible Cuddy departure, but that seems highly unlikely.

Thoughts? Stunned speechless? If you’re capable of forming a coherent thought during this emotional time, hit the comments!

Comments (841)

• im guessing Fox is in a panic right now because put a fork in it house is dead

Comment by ggny – May 17, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So who’s gonna cover for House when he decides to treat a patient’s ingrown toenail by amputating the opposite leg? Should be a very different dynamic.
      Looks like House is going out with a whimper, not a bang.

Comment by Rock Golf – May 17, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. It’ll end on such a limp. It’s really sad they couldn’t agree to a deal.
        Am shocked.

Comment by Sam – May 17, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “It’ll end on such a limp.”

I’m not sure if the pun is intended or not.

Comment by Rock Golf – May 17, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Ausiello, can you find out if there’s even a glimmer of hope to get Lisa Edelstein back? Those greedy network bast*rds got smacked by the best female talent on TV. She’s the heart and soul of the show and I for one will NOT be watching s.8 if there’s no Dr. Cuddy. Guess the writers need to figure out how House is gonna end it: suicide? accident? drug overdose? rock, paper, scissors? I don’t even care now that LE left. Please let us know if the network gets its head out of its *ss and bribes Lisa Edelstein to come back.

Comment by Spoilerchicka – May 18, 2011 07:35 AM PDT
      • The actress is leaving the show. They do not necessarily have to write her position as head of the hospital out of the show.

You know, reference her, but not show her.

Comment by J.Norman – May 17, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think the show would be any good if they constantly made reference to a character that never appeared on air. I’m going to miss her.

Comment by Fiona – May 18, 2011 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lisa DEBE QUEDARSE!!! Fue una relacion genial la de House y Cuddy.PLEASE QUE ELLA SE QUEDE!!!

Comment by sudemu – May 20, 2011 04:03 PM PDT
          • You’re kidding right? Ever heard of Maris (Frasier)?

Comment by Paul King – October 13, 2011 04:26 PM PDT
        • Look. I love the show. It’s like watching a sophisticated train wreck. I’ll miss the Cuddy character, and frankly, I don’t see how the show will survive without her. Having said that, the show is on life support next season anyway and as we all know, will die in the end. House is a character as absurd as “the green lantern.” No where in life would a “House” be allowed to live. By now, his fellow doctors would have killed him in his sleep. It’s been great to watch, like any train wreck, but good God it’s kind of hard to beleive, you know? I wish there were doctors THAT qualified, but sadly, there are NONE. Goodbye Dr. House, you’ve been great TV.

Comment by Rocko – May 21, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I love”Cuddy”and the show will never be the same.Lisa is so talented and she makes it look so easy.She’s beautiful and me and my sister who lives in Florida cheered when House and Cuddy got together.Please don’t go!! WE LOVE You! Do anything you have to so she won’t leave. Kathy

Comment by Kathy Dennis – June 17, 2011 05:24 PM PDT
          • what? your so in the dark, house is the star not lisa. house is what makes the show. so your saying if house was off the show and everyone includding her stayed it would still be House? House is the only non expendible character and as far as “would have been killed in real life” get off of your computer and look outside, HOUSE IS A TV SHOW.

Comment by Ashley – November 28, 2011 09:09 AM PDT
          • It’s a TV show not real life. Just suspend reality hold your mocking disbelief and enjoy a well crafted piece of entertainment.

Comment by James Jacks – May 20, 2012 06:59 PM PDT
          • There goes to best thing that has ever come to t.v…final season this sucks,nothings gonna fill that void

Comment by Treiz Jason – July 25, 2012 10:04 PM PDT
        • I agree, that has happened frequently on TV (referencing a character that doesn’t actually appear, they just did that with Thirteen on the show!) Personally I won’t miss watching Cuddy’s bitchy angst. The show is called HOUSE, not Cuddy.

Comment by Ciel – June 9, 2011 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How can you say that? Lisa Edelstein plays such a pivotal part in the show! She is an amazing actress and is integrally woven into the plot. It would be totally unreasonable to just remove her character altogether. This is an outrage and I do not think the show could last even one season without her. We will miss you, Cuddy.

Comment by Austin – September 18, 2011 06:17 PM PDT
          • i dont’ understand how anyone could fall in love with House without Cuddy’s check on his characters. Their acting is so dynamic and they play off each other so well .it is tragic that she won’t be returning. Seeing her in season seven was such a treat; the vulnerable side of House’s deductive brain and personality was drawn out through her character; she made him human.

Comment by chelsea – November 10, 2011 05:29 PM PDT
      • Well, now House doesn’t have his insurance policy of Cuddy whenever he went against the rules. So, it’ll be a very good season. Now, we can see how House acts when Cuddy is no longer his boss or girlfriend. I think, House’ll end on a high.

Comment by Girish – May 20, 2011 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • IT WONT END ON A HIGH NOTE. THERES NO POINT TO ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON THE SHOW WITHOUT CUDDY. SHES THE REASON HE DID ALOT OF CRAZY THINGS JUST TO NEGATE HER ATHORITY, SHES THE REASON HE FELT HUMAN DESPITE ALL THE PAIN AND DRUGS, SHES THE REASON FOR ANY SENSE OF RATIONAL IN THE SHOW. WITH CUDDY, AND THE LOVESTORY BETWEEN HER AND HOUSE AND THE INTERLOCKING OF HIS DRUG ADDICTION, THE SHOW IS A BUST AND STINKS. I THOUGHT IT COULDA GONE FOR A LONG LONG TIME LIKE DAYS OF OUR LIVES OR ONE LIFE TO LIVE THEY COULDA DONE SOO MANY THINGS WITH ALL THE CHARACTERS. I GUESS A GOOD SERIES DEPENDS ON HOW WELL THE PRODUCERS CAN GET ALONG AND HOW MUCH MANY THEYLL SHORT SELL THE CAST. TOO BAD THE EXCECS COULDNT GET ALONG

Comment by JACKIE – April 9, 2012 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • House scts so different sense Lisa left!!! I miss her and the show isn’t the same. House & Lisa were good together!!!! Love u Lisa,,,,,,,

Comment by Joyce A Carouthers – April 27, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I can never survive a season without Lisa Cuddy!!! omg omg omg. They should pay her triple the amount or sth, but still keep her. Lisa and House are the only two people who are irreplaceable!

Comment by Faria – May 22, 2011 03:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, Wilson cant ever be replaced either.

Comment by shane – May 24, 2011 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cuddy makes the show, and she needsto be in the show…

make the deal and get her back in…

She and House are both needed in this show…

Comment by Ben Howard – May 31, 2011 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Cuddy does NOT make the show, it’s called HOUSE for a reason.

Comment by Lizabette – June 9, 2011 12:51 PM PDT
        • Are you on drugs ?

Comment by George – July 25, 2011 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes, maybe on vicodin :)

Comment by monty – September 25, 2011 08:02 AM PDT
          • lots of em yes. but its ok, most were prescribed

Comment by James Jacks – May 20, 2012 07:01 PM PDT
        • I’m sorry but I was not aware of this decision that Lisa (Cuddy) would not be back for Season 8. House, Cuddy & Wilson make the whole show. The rest of the cast is just icing on the cake. PLEASE bring Cuddy back!!!!!!! Although I do like the character of Foreman I am not so sure how his role will be as “the boss”?

Comment by wke – October 11, 2011 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • OMG its horrible, been following the new season, but it is not the same without Cuddy. House is going to have to go off. The new plots just dont do it quite the same without Cuddy. And I dont like Omar Epps as the boss. The show now needs help. Sad to see Lisa leave. Wish she would come back.

Comment by Heather – November 7, 2011 03:11 PM PDT
          • I must admit that I didn’t start watching House until the second season…but boy was I hooked fast. Seeing Lisa go is heartbreaking for me. There were so many times that I wished that House and Cuddy got together. When they finally did, I could not wait to see what happened next. Will I keep watching House? Certainly, but maybe without as much anticipation as i once did. Not sure that I like Epps as the boss yet, but then again, in my opinion, nobody can replace Cuddy.

Comment by Sabrina – November 7, 2011 04:01 PM PDT
      • I agree 100% with with this person and their comments, if House doesn’t resign Lisa the show wont be the same and will become nothing. It will be a loss to the show and the network. This show is a good well oiled machine done take away the oil(Lisa) the show just wont be the same. Give the woman her due, one of the best TV actresses of the decade, pay the woman

Comment by doug – July 13, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree,I was looking forward to all the possibilities of house and cuddy raising rachel together and all the fun it could be to see that all play out with seriousness and humor! Lisa don’t Leave?????

Comment by lana brandt – October 11, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH EPISODE WAS HER LAST?? I MISSED HER LEAVING… IM GONNA MISS THIS SHOW SOOOO MUCH! HOUSE WAS AWESEOME.. ARROGANT BUT SO SMART.. YES I KNOW HES JUST A CHARACTER.. I WAS EVEN MORE SHOCKED TO FIND OUT HE DID THIS ENTIER SERIES WITHOUT HIS ACCENT.. WHAT A GERAT ACTOR HE IS.. NOT HARD ON THE EYES EITHER.. :)

Comment by BRENDA – June 5, 2012 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she is smart to quit while ahead.

Comment by Cheryl – May 17, 2011 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree that Cuddy is wise to jump ship.

Comment by Good point – May 17, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • F@CK YOU she can’t be replaced!!!

Comment by Fm 1020 – July 16, 2011 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, it’s a slap in the face to viewers and the show. It’s the last season, why can’t EVERYONE just suck it up and do the ending justice?
        She has to return for the final season; this taints everything–ruins everything.

Comment by Ariella – May 17, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s funny how some screwed up people think that actors *owe* them something. TV producers make a show that TV providers buy and sell with ads. The actors are just corportae employees just like any other shmuck, and can chose to chnage jobs whenever they think it’s the right time. It’s fantastic that Edelstein seems to feel that she is able to take a risk on rejecting the safe choice. To call an actor leaving a show a personal ‘slap in the face’ makes me think that certain people need psychological assistance.

Comment by Tarc – May 17, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I emphasized EVERYONE, so as not to place blame, but if I’m completely honest I know it’s the network/producers who are to blame.
            They’re cutting RSL and OE’s ep count, and OE will have to take a pay cut; it was going to be the same deal for Lisa–which is awful.
            Still, I’d hoped some prevailing, I don’t know, devotion(?) to the show and her history on it would ensure that everyone was together for the ending, yet I am sorely disappointed. She doesn’t owe me anything, but I’d hope she would do it for the show’s, and her own, legacy.

Comment by Ariella – May 17, 2011 11:42 AM PDT
          • I agree “slap in the face” is way too personal a way of putting it. And I do believe LE would rather stay on the show, it’s just that negotiations are a tricky thing. Even if she’s making thirty or forty per episode now – if they’re offering her the same salary for one more year her agent is probably telling her that that’s a slap in the face.

:b

Comment by Mikos – May 17, 2011 06:25 PM PDT
          • I concur. People seem to forget that acting is a profession, not an appointment set by God at birth. I would like to say though I am sorry, thank you for seven seasons doing a great job and coming into my home. Mazel!!!!

Comment by Denise – May 18, 2011 12:57 AM PDT
          • They DO owe viewers something. Without us, shows would be ended for lack of viewers, thereby ending the actors’ paychecks. Id we don’t like the show we don’t watch. Period.

Comment by Lois – May 20, 2011 03:33 PM PDT
          • @ Tarc
            You’re a SCHMUCK. Lisa E loved being on this show. They won’t pay her the $ she deserves. That’s why she’s leaving. I’ll bet they’re paying Olivia W what she wants…she’s a movie star now. Actors
            are not “employees”, they are ARTISTS. YOU SHCMUCK

Comment by Vivi – May 21, 2011 04:01 AM PDT
          • Agreed!

Comment by Ann Marie – May 21, 2011 06:32 AM PDT
          • The other guy was right You’re a schmuck.

Comment by Dan Carr – October 27, 2011 06:34 PM PDT
          • It is not always about who owes who, but rather just how dedicated that person is. If a person commits to doing something it usually gives her an edge that directors and producers like. Take Katie Holmes for instance although she starred in a few things since The Dark Night, which should have had her cast and didn’t, how many true blockbusters has she starred in since she jilted producers on doing the Dark Knight. Bonnie Bedelia is another example after she didn’t star in anymore Die Hard movies and made it look foolish when the 3rd movie come out that Bruce Willis had to talk on the phone to her like she was there and wasn’t. Kirstie Alley another example demanded William Shatner money to do Star Trek’s 3 and 4 and other then being on a few seasons of cheers and the look who’s talking now series what did she do since. Megan Fox is another example, do you see where I am going with this. Every actor has the right to change jobs you are correct about that, but unlike a steady ordinary job, acting is not steady and can all but come to an end if you tick off the wrong person in Hollywood. You take all of this in plus over-whelming fan out cries, well you may be really shooting yourself in the foot. I am not a fan that is depressed because she left because I watch the show for House and what the smart *ss is going to say or do next, just trying to provide objective view of the situation.

Comment by Joe – December 16, 2011 08:58 AM PDT
          • or drugs, vicodin perhaps?

Comment by James Jacks – May 20, 2012 07:04 PM PDT
        • Yes, I’m sure you’d also do your job for less money because some jackass thought you owed it to them.

Actors don’t work for you.

Comment by Del Coro – May 17, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Virtually everyone in the education sector does their job out of a sense of obligation rather than for the money. And students are jackasses. So, yes. Also some in the military, firefighters, police, other public servants. Many people stay with a company in lean times out of loyalty. People don’t automatically pick the job that makes the most money.

Comment by Keith – May 17, 2011 01:16 PM PDT
          • Trufax: I work for a nonprofit org and make practically nothing, but it doesn’t matter because I enjoy my work and take pride in my accomplishments. Money can’t buy that. In general people think a paycheck and prestige will fulfill your life, but doing what you love and can be proud of brings true satisfaction. I guess she didn’t “love playing” Cuddy that much…
            And yes, I know she was being gouged by greedy execs, but I still wish it could work out. I’m just selfish like that. I want her on the show. But “you can’t always get what you want,” so I won’t be watching next season.

Comment by Ariella – May 17, 2011 01:58 PM PDT
          • The teacher’s in my children’s district make more than 100K. I get so angry when they act like they are Ghandi’s handmaidens because they work with children. Many teachers are paid handsomely, esp. in affluent districts.

Comment by @Keith – May 18, 2011 07:06 AM PDT
          • Who do they work for, then?

Comment by Lois – May 20, 2011 03:34 PM PDT
          • You’re an idiot. The average teacher salary is 50k a year, and that’s because teachers in your district pull up the average. A lot of teachers only make 30-40 thousand dollars a year.

Comment by @@Keith – August 23, 2011 02:34 PM PDT
          • Who are these people that think teachers make $100000? I’ve taught 32 years, have six years of college that I had to pay for myself, and I make $65,000. My salary has gone down the last two years because insurance went up, and I can never make anymore than that. Plus the state I live in is in financial difficulties and they are cutting the salary by 3%. I’m glad to have a darn job.

Comment by Martha – September 4, 2011 10:18 AM PDT
        • Why are you doingg this to Cuddy she is great with House you guys always care about your self leave cuddy along and give her the money she works hard for her pay .you guys suck taken House off the air we love that show .

Comment by Wanda – May 17, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I’m getting a “leave Britney alone” vibe here.

Comment by Wow – May 17, 2011 09:00 PM PDT
          • Leave Wanda’s post alone!!!!

Comment by sadtroll – May 18, 2011 11:00 AM PDT
        • It’s a strange world we live in. Actors (like all employees) are mercenaries – they work for the most money they can get. We hire mercenaries that we expect to produce the most work for the least pay and then we’re surprised when they jump ship for a better offer. Mercenaries are only loyal to money and themselves; this is the culture that we have created over centuries of capitalism. Maybe when companies start treating people as people instead of commodities they’ll start seeing something called “loyalty”.

Comment by Steve – May 17, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • word!

Comment by tvlove44 – May 17, 2011 10:26 PM PDT
          • You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

[THANK YOU, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT.] Now look up the word ‘mercenary’.

Comment by Derdriui – May 18, 2011 08:57 PM PDT
          • Although I do agree with you in spirit!

Comment by Derdriui – May 18, 2011 08:58 PM PDT
          • Why is that strange? People work for money. Companies exist to make money, even TV shows exist to make money.

Comment by Aaron – August 24, 2011 09:13 AM PDT
        • She doesn’t owe us crap! If my contract were up I’d bail too. If actors care about their craft they should be in good projects. House is no longer a good project.

Comment by KevyB – May 19, 2011 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Take it easy, people. I’m sure she’ll be back for the series finale as a guest star. Assuming they don’t kill her off.

Anyway, this gives the writers some new possibilities. House was unable to shock Cuddy anymore. Just think of all the comedic value in a new hospital administrator meeting House.

Comment by Michael Martin – May 20, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • they will need to bring in quite a dynamic character that can interact with House. the season finale was quite a shocker and let’s face it the House character is a crazy, drug addict doctor. i actually lost a lot of my liking for the House character at the season finale.i would not tolerate a doctor who treats me the way House treats his patience. something/or someone has to try to make him seem more human and vulnerable and likeable. Cuddy did that for House…

Comment by D. Pogue – September 27, 2011 05:48 PM PDT
      • Totally agree Cheryl. This is just a JOB. It’s been 7 years. She is entitled to move on when her contract is up. And seeing the ratings decline so much lately, it’s probably a VERY good choice to leave now.

Comment by Becky – May 17, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think it’s ever a good choice for a middle aged actress to leave a hit show. There aren’t many opportunities for people like her.

Comment by whatevs – May 17, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I disagree with you. Lisa Edelstein deserves a leading role in some show with better storyline. She has so many fans all over the world, so her new job will have a huge success, it’s for sure! I think she made a right decision and just in time, cause Cuddy became OOC last time.

Comment by Alla – May 17, 2011 12:25 PM PDT
          • “Deserves” and “will get” are two very different things, especially for women over 30 in the entertainment business.

Comment by heather_kaye – May 17, 2011 01:09 PM PDT
          • I have to agree. History is awash with actors of “hit” shows vanishing into oblivion. The repeaters are the rare oddity. Think back to a hit show from 10, 20 or 30 years back. Now try finding those same actors today. The ones who seem to live on are the second and third bananas. Those actors whose face you know in an instant but can’t recall their names. Some “stars” live on as second banana “charector Actors”. And a rare few have more then one hit series or move to film. I wish LE well but the odds are against her.

Comment by Alex – May 22, 2011 07:50 PM PDT
          • Um bom ator ou uma boa atriz não interessa a idade. Ela está muito melhor com 45 anos do que muitas de 20 ou 30.Ela é uma boa atriz.Não quero que ela saía, mas se saí que tenha bons projetos para ela. Muitas atrizes de cinema americano tem a mesma idade que ela tem e faz sucesso.

Comment by jucimara – May 26, 2011 05:28 PM PDT
          • I have such a hard time believing you mention her being ‘middle aged’! First of all, most actresses would die to look like her..even at 20 yrs. of age. Second, she really is an excellent actor. As Cuddy, she made us feel anger, pity, frustration, strong, etc. I can’t imagine any other actress that would have fit the part so perfectly. I will miss her to death..and will probably stop watching the show but, to cut her salary as if she were a second-string character is just plain wrong and I respect her decision. Best of luck to you, Lisa Edelstein. I, for one, will follow you.

Comment by selene – June 3, 2011 02:42 PM PDT
      • Yeah–like Shelley Long did with Cheers.

Comment by Suzanne – May 18, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah shes been in soooooooo many other popular things.yeah shes hot and id like to do her but shes 45ish not many people gonna be knocking down her door

Comment by vince – June 2, 2011 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This would be such a big loss to the show. She is the only boss to control House and that has been a stated fact through the years. If the fox network does not contract Lisa, It would make my opinion of them very small and seriously consider not watching their network. To make a billion dollars world wide on House and not sign Lisa. Where are your brains?

Comment by Jane E – May 17, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Where is that a big loss? Cuddy is a shadow of her old self. With Huddy being over, she has nothing to add to the show. And to be honest, Huddy was a mistake anyway. Goodbye, Lisa Edelstein, I won’t miss your character on the show, but good luck for your future!

Comment by Liz – May 17, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree with your comment. Huddy made the show boring. I stopped watching when it started.

Maybe now House will be interesting again and focus on his patients.

Comment by Dee – May 17, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I hope so too, he’s better alone and miserable, my bet he’ll commit suicide in the end of the show because POTW are also no more interesting as huddy! lol

Comment by Pfiou – May 18, 2011 01:50 AM PDT
          • I disagree. In my opinion, most people don’t want to watch a TV show that only focuses on the medical anomalies that occur, and the way a doctor treats them. There ARE people who might enjoy that, (such as myself) but the majority of people won’t want to watch something like that. People want to see relationships in their TV shows, even if “Huddy” isn’t the relationship people want to see, it is still a relationahip and not a boring old TV show that focuses on things almost no one wants to hear about.I myself liked “Huddy” although the annoying on-off thing was getting a little ridiculous by mid-7th season.

Comment by Freja – May 20, 2011 02:45 PM PDT
        • I have to agree. Personally, I never liked her so much, but her role has been pretty much over for a while. There is nothing else for her to add. Also, obviously money is more importance to her than the show. i mean how much more money does she want to make. believe me, I’m sure they were going to pay her a lot anyway. So, bottom line, no, I won’t miss her but I do wish her well!

Comment by carli – May 17, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • @LIZ)OR SHOULD I CALL U (LIZZIE BORDEN),HOUSE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS,AND CUDDY AND HOUSE MADE THE SHOW,AND ALSO SHE’S REAL EYE CANDY,ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING WOMEN ON TV!,THE SHOW IS NOTHING WITH OUT HER,JUST LIKE CHARLIE ON 2&1/2 MEN,YOU CANT REPLACE THE MAIN ACTOR,ITS A SHAME THAT ALL THE GREAT SHOWS ARE GOING AWAY,(HOUSE-WITH OUT LISA)-(THE OFFICE,NOT WORTH WATCHING WITHOUT MICHAEL SCOTT),BOTH NOW A FAILURE,TV IS NOT WORTH WATCHING ANYMORE,ITS ALL (CRIME SHOWS & REALITY SHOWS,TV MAKES ME SICK,HOW MANY CRIME ARE ON TV,(CSI)-(BONES-WHICH IS STUPID?)(CSI N.Y)-(CSI MIAMI)-(NCIS)-(COLD CASE)(LAW & ORDER)-(LAW ORDER CRIMINAL INTENT)-(LAW & AND ORDER SVU),AND THEY DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT HOW THEY ARE HELPING THE REAL CRIMINALS,BY EDUCATING THEM,ON HOW TO GET BY WITH A CRIME,WITHOUT LEAVING A TRACE?????????????????

Comment by JAMES T – May 17, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Are you asking if Bones is stupid? And Cold Case isn’t ion TV anymore. I believe this is her decision so they didn’t fire her. We also don’t know what was offered. I think she made a good decision as the show is getting more and more bizarre and losing focus on the premise of the show of diagnosing patients with strange and difficult signs/symptoms.

Comment by MB – May 18, 2011 06:24 AM PDT
          • I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE YELLING ABOUT!

Comment by Sarah – May 18, 2011 01:07 PM PDT
          • @MB,IAM NOT ASKING IF BONES IS STUPID?,IAM SAYING THAT SHE IS,SHE GETS ON MY NERVES SHES LIKE A ROBOT?,AND COLD CASE COMES ON (TNT)EVERY DAY AT 3:00 ON (TNT),YOU KNOW THE NETWORK?,THE ONE THAT WEARS OUT EVERY GOOD SHOW THAT GO OFF THE AIR,COMON HOW MANY TIMES ARE THEY GOING TO SHOW(LAS VEGAS)RERUNS,AND(CHARMED)AND (SUPERNATURAL),OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!AND (USA) BEAT THEM TO HOUSE THEY NOW SHOW (HOUSE)5 TIMES A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK????????

Comment by JAMES T – May 18, 2011 04:29 PM PDT
          • I, DON’T, KNOW, WHAT, WE’RE, YELLING, ABOUT, EITHER!

Comment by Holly – May 24, 2011 07:53 PM PDT
        • I like the “to be honest” touch on calling Huddy a mistake. Don’t know if that’s just a phrasing thing or a dishonest piece of rhetoric meant to imply that, I don’t know, people who don’t think it was a mistake are somehow being dishonest. Mistake is a whole other semantic can of worms.

To be honest, I’m pretty sure the writers did it on purpose.

Comment by sadtroll – May 18, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh you are so right! Cuddy was never a character I liked. For a supposed strong woman, she was incredibly weak and such a push over. Huddy is what killed the show, but it also killed whatever shred of dignity was left in Cuddy’s character.

Comment by Kylie – May 20, 2011 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t know why it has to end at all. I love House and all of season 8 was a total disappointment. Huddy was wrong and she was a hateful B—- and hurt House badly . I am glad she is gone. I like LE but not in this role

Comment by hughsgirl – May 24, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ARE ALL INSANE ?????????????? It must be a joke.

Comment by silvina quirgora – May 17, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • idc about fox, FINALLY CUDDY IS LEAVING THE SHOW!!!!

Comment by bender – May 17, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

I’m so happy. I’ve been really worried about the show for a while now, but things are looking up.

Comment by flameproof – May 17, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is shocking news to me. I remember watching from the beginning and when they broke off Huddy after waiting 6 seasons for those two to finally get together Lisa not returning is leaving me speachless. I thought there was some hope for the Huddy couple after last night. Lisa is not as easily replacable as Cameron. We still have our main star but how is it going to be better, Honestly???

Comment by Noelle – May 17, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Her character name is Cuddy not Huddy lol!

Comment by Gemma – May 17, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • House + Cuddy = Huddy

Comment by iwillfongyou – May 17, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I adore how all of you think it’s going to be better without Lisa E. there. She is the main female lead, plus keeps House in check, the last 2 seasons have been dragging every story line gets more predictable I’m sad to see season 8 without our female lead. 13 isn’t a strong female lead, in my opnion she sucks she has her own movies coming out. The show is boring. House isnt the same, does Wilson even exist? Cuddy they have no place to stick her, 13′s story is boring as ever, Chase we don;t even use him Formen and Taub like come on.. Fox can do alot better David Shore can too. No more seeing her in the opening credits.. which by the way seemed to be the best.

Comment by Lisa – May 17, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am truly heartbroken. I’m not a member of the IWatchForCuddy fandom, but indeed I do watch for Cuddy.

I am sad of what has become of Huddy. Perhaps they will bring her back for the last few episodes…..please please

Professionally speaking, I respect Lisa E immensely, and am glad she decided she was worth more than what they were offering (as I assume that is the main reason for her departure).

Good luck, LE! And NBCU, you totally messed everything up–hate u!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – May 17, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Huddy storyline has already killed the show. Edelstein’s work is done. It’s best to just kill the thing and cremate it.

Comment by Melody Clark – May 17, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree. I might start watching again now.

Comment by CC – May 17, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too, House always helps me to get some sleep.

Comment by Pfiou – May 18, 2011 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ausiello – every other website has already acknowledged that Jesse Spencer already has a contract that covers season 8. Your information is supposed to be better than this. You’re the master.

Comment by catbean – May 18, 2011 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • good riddance. house is the most ”pathetic idiot” of all!!!

Comment by holly jo – May 18, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dr. Cuddlestein is gone. Love the body, but can’t stand the mouth. Glad they took her out of the white coat she wore at the start of the series, chopped down the nose, and put her on a starvation diet. She’s quite the looker now. The writers didn’t know how to write an on-going relationship with House, so they threw her under the bus mid-season.

Wonder how many in the audience could handle a terminal illness of a loved one any better than House did? One vicodin, don’t be ridiculous. The writers just didn’t know how to keep it moving, so she was marginalized and could expect more of the same for next year. At least she leaves on a higher note than she could expect after next year.

Comment by mp – May 18, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House was done after they hooked up House and Cuddy. They had the chemistry of two rocks bumping together! You know a show is skating on thin ice when all the writers & producers can come up with is having the cast jump into bed with each other. House use to be about something. Now its about filling an hour & selling Ad space.

Comment by J. – May 18, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She leaves the show it will not be the same without her. I cant see any one else playing Cuddy.

Comment by Sharry Graves – May 18, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll miss her. She was great. I wish her all the best and hope to see her on a new project.

Comment by Kerry K – May 21, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I saw a clip of Lisa Edelstein in “The Good Wife.” She looked good!

Comment by karmen – October 8, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stop your whining! They’ve just upping the suspense. Have you never negotiated for anything? You have to look like you could live without the deal–unless you get what you want. She’ll be back. But, we’ll hate the season Finale because they’ll keep us in suspense till the Fall to finish what happens tonight. I hate season finales!

Comment by Mrs. Grant – May 23, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was disappointed that they torpedoed the House/Cuddy relationship as quickly as they did. It would’ve been a ‘nice’ note to finish the series on… I know–’nice’ isn’t House; but couldn’t they have left it on a hopeful note?? Let them break up in “House-The Movie”

Comment by Simba Manley – May 23, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know where you all are getting your information but I watch the ratings and House is Fox’s strongest scripted show and the reason they are #1 18-49… House IS NOT on its last leg but I think Hugh Laurie only wants another year at most. And, about the actress that plays Cuddy, she is very talented and beautiful and I have always liked her but during the last half of this season, her character has really disappointed me. For those of you who have had perfect, rosy lives, I can understand you not understanding where House is coming from and siding with Cuddy. But, some of us have had real turmoil in our lives and have been just like House and have been tempted to drink, do drugs or just be a real ass when things have gotten tough. Some of were even more of an ass than House has been, speaking of myself now, 15 years ago. I grew as a person and saw House begin to as well until Cuddy pulled the rug out from him. Or, maybe House needed this… It took me losing everything I loved to become a better man. Maybe this is what will finally allow House to become a better man… Maybe.

Comment by BillGeek – May 24, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • my feeling is that they went about as far as they could with the house-Cuddy relationship. In the earlier epsodes the vebal sparring and sexual tension was appealing but the entire thing degenerated House-Cuddy bashing each other which became tedious. The “romance” was poorly written with House’s occasional reference to his girlfriend and the fact they were having sex. Bringing Cuddy back would be anti-climactic. I thought the House-Stacey relationship from the first episodes though short was better done. Let’s face it the only truly indispensable actor here is Hugh Laurie.

Comment by raindog – May 24, 2011 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Realmente não souberam fazer o romance deles dois.Mas o personagens house para ser bom precisa se interagir com outras pessoas.A série não é um monólogo. A série ficou interessante desde a primeira temporada porque os outros personagens eram bons.Lisa cuddy foi a personagem que mais cresceu em todas as temporadas.A sétima foi um fracasso não por causa deles e sim porque não suberam fazer um romance legal.Não precisava eles dois se jun tarem porque eu já achava que eles eram um casal desde o início.Ela é uma excelente atriz pena que não souberam aproveitar.

Comment by jucimara – May 27, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am in shock…..Cuddy and House are the heart of this show…

Comment by LOLA PUERTO – June 4, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • we want lisa back !!!!!!!!!!! if she is not coming back then i will not watch season 8 if everybody will do the same then they will have to bring her back!!!

Comment by tess – July 15, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hate to see her leave…wont want to watch it without her..but love Hugh Laurie too much….Wish they would bring in Sela Ward as Dean!! That would be interesting…

Comment by cathy – August 2, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am happy “Cuddy” is not returning. I did not like House with her

Comment by Carol – August 7, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve watched the show since the begining. How in the hell do they think it can go on without Cuddy! No way! The show is House & Cuddy…. I’m mad and sad at the same time… she HAS TO COME BACK

Comment by lex – August 8, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i think cuddy needs to stay through season 8! house needs her, but if not 13 needs to hook up with house! its a better show when he is in a relationship! i liked him relating to her daughter, and cuddy keeps him in check.

Comment by tom frisby – September 1, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My entire family loves the show, but we are all seeing the disappearance of some
      actors because of salaries. This is why there are so many stupid
      realty shows are on; non actors. This is all due to the economy.

I just wish the actors would take salary cuts at least to save their jobs and our enjoyment. It seems all the students at the Actors Studio will end up being on the same line as we all are.

Comment by Iris – September 12, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t believe that money would put an end to this wonderful characters’ appearance on this awesome show. Really, I know the network is filty rich(FOX of course) but maybe Lisa could have taken a little less too!!

Comment by super fan – September 17, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree, this will end house. lisa was a critical part of series and without her, there will be no softness in the story line. there will be no sexual chemistry in the series. i like house, but i also like the chemistry that exist between the 2 of them. i am not sure i will watch many of the shows.

Comment by D. Pogue – September 27, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m still in shock from what they did with the House and Cuddy characters relationship last season. Have they changed writers? What were they thinking when they wrote last seasons scripts. I don’t know why the writers of a great show like this go stupid when their main characters get together. They could have made this relationship work if they had just used their brains in the same manner as when they were building their relationship.

They had better find a way to get Lisa Edelstein back in to the show and some how get the two characters back together and end th show on a positive note – maybe they realize they can’t live without each other no matter how crazy their relationship is. I don’t like how the new season is starting already.

Comment by big house fan – October 4, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am just tuning into Good Wife Season 3 Episode 3 and edelstein is there pretending to be a lawyer, and I hadnt read anything before about her leaving so I watched about two seconds and came in search of this…. im so speechless, i cant believe it!!! like seriously ITS CUDDY!!! maybe they will get Stacey back?

Comment by Natalie – October 10, 2011 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish they had fired EVERYONE except Cuddy, Wilson and of course House. I hate it when they ruin shows for money.

Comment by Diana – October 24, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well as you all probably have figured out …Lisa is now playing an Attorney on the hit show the Good Wife and doing a damn good job. She will go far in anything she decides to put her artistic talents to. Good going Lisa…will miss you on House.

Comment by CLARK – October 24, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even when you consider Cameron and 13, Lisa (Cuddy) Edelstein is the
      best looking woman on TV. That jet black hair and olive complexion,
      along with her curves, just did it for me. Hugh Laurie is a great actor, but without CUDDY, it just ain’t the same.

Comment by robert swift-carrollton tx – November 15, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol, wow I’m so horrified that this happened, I loved Lisa and it was so obv. that the directer would of ended house with cuddy and house being together in the end. That’s what it was all leading too but I guess that’s life. After Jennifer Morrison left I slowly started to dislike house and now that Lisa has left house isn’t house at all. When you crate a show and change all the characters after a few seasons it’s not the same and never will be!

Comment by Emily Thorne – November 28, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show. Please don’t take it away!

Comment by ravnknght – December 26, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So why did’t Edelstein come back for the “House” final?. Seems like all of the other former cast members did.

Comment by Ed – October 17, 2012 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC declined to comment? Or FOX where the show airs?

Comment by Kit – May 17, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBC universal are the producers of the show …that is why they were mentioned in the article…

Comment by lama – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBCU produces the show

Comment by bmo – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House is produced by NBC Universal.

Comment by TigerNightmare – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FOX shows House on it’s channel, but NBC-Universal is the production company that makes the show.

Comment by Brian D – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg you’re sooo dumbbbbbbbbbbb

Comment by jane – May 17, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wake up, kiddo – her contract is with NBC, the network which actually produces the show. Fox just airs it.

Comment by E – May 17, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT THE HELL?

Comment by L. – May 17, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto!!!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – May 17, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is bad. Very very bad.

Comment by Slappy san – May 17, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WTF?!?!?! I am seriously about to cry. They have to fix this. Everyone involved–Lisa CAN’T go!!!

Comment by Alicia – May 17, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why should they? Don’t you remember how they got rid of Jennifer Morrison? It wasn’t even her choice. Why should they run after Lisa Edelstein when she wants to leave? Cuddy’s as replacable as Cameron, like it or not.

Comment by Sam – May 17, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So one injustice excuses another?? This is pure GARBAGE. I’ve been saying it’d be nice if they could have a JMo cameo to help bring things full circle in the final season, but just dropping LE like this?? When the finale almost certainly doesn’t factor in a goodbye is BEYOND MESSED UP. If I’d known it would turn out like this I wouldn’t have bothered to get into this show, to watch and collect every episode, to comment and participate in the fandom. It’s all for naught because they don’t care about the ending. I feel sick.

Comment by Alicia – May 17, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How the hell can they have let this happen?! I mean they couldn’t even agree to make it work for one more season?

Comment by Britt – May 17, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • amd53 I think Cuddy is being selfish and other productions or movies may take this as being a quitter, at the most pivotal time of the show. Oh well i believe she will be the looser for making this move, good luck

Comment by ann marie – May 17, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You do realize that “Cuddy” is a fictional character and not a real person, don’t you?

Comment by Meg – May 17, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Calling BS.

Comment by Kate – May 17, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC?

Comment by Annie – May 17, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cuddy and Wilson… might as well cancel the show!

Comment by Juliana – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Robert Sean Leonard already renewed contract.

Comment by Mafalda – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oops my bad, didn’t know that!!! Great news… thanks!

Comment by Juliana – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s NBC Studios that produces the show, despite it airing on Fox. So, that’s probably what he means.

Comment by Ryan – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are right on point! Warner Brothers is also in the mix too, somehow. I can’t keep up with the true ownership of shows anymore :)

Comment by Jackie – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Comment by sarah – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly House has gone downhill so much the past two seasons I just want it to end. The comedy (that I believe made the show) has ended and pretty much every character has always been in a dark mood this entire season. I’d rather the show go back to its’ roots of a lighter show.

Comment by Tim – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you can’t see the comedy in the show anymore, you’re not watching. The House/Wilson chicken bet, the “grown-up” cartoon House got Cuddy’s daughter to watch with him, the time House “shot” that woman with an arrow and tons of other things. This show makes me laugh with more regularity per episode than Happy Endings or Mr. Sunshine could on their entire runs.

And it’s a DRAMA. You don’t want drama, watch Modern Family. There’s a drama-free comedy for you.

Comment by TigerNightmare – May 17, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The chicken part was funny. I don’t mean that they should turn the drama into a comedy, but the last two seasons have essentially been filled with downward emotional turns for EVERY character. Before they would mix in the good with the bad and it made for a balanced show (along with the drama). I don’t know if the writers are setting up season 8 to contrast season 7 but I mean let’s be honest if you can’t see the difference in the show from its’ first two seasons you aren’t watching it either.

Comment by Tim – May 17, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I do realize the differences between now and then, but you have to respect the creative chances they’ve been taking. Seasons 1 and 2 were mostly formulaic, with the character stories and dialogue completely carrying the show. It hasn’t all paid off, like breaking the original team up only to have 2/3 of them back. I’ve enjoyed Taub’s story this season, a victim of his own lechery, seeking salvation and purpose. I also enjoyed the story where Chase was being messed with. Kind of bored of Foreman and Thirteen, though. And I miss Masters.

Still, there’s a lot of story I’ve been immensely enjoying. The bookends of last season, the entirety of the Huddy relationship, break-up and all. This is a good way of showing that, for better or worse, things don’t always stay the same. There’s a multitude of lesser shows that bore the hell out of me where everything always stays there same.

They finally forced House to accept that he had a real problem and he hasn’t really overcome it. You can see how lost he really is and you just have to have faith that he’ll find redemption in the end. Stay tuned.

Comment by TigerNightmare – May 17, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The problem with the show is the same problem most hit shows run in to. The characters become caricatures of themselves. Cartoonish copies of what was. Writing for these exaggerations becomes harder and harder. When finally, you have written yourself into a inescapable dilemma. Think about it. In the beginning Fonzie was just some guy who knew Richie, Joey was just an actor looking work and Archie Bunker was just a blue collar guy with a 50′s look on the world. By the end of those three shows they had become cartoonish fools. With House it started when they wrote him into rehab. After that the path was set.

Comment by Alex – May 22, 2011 08:31 PM PDT
      • Modern Family is a ‘comedy-free’ comedy, actually. I don’t even know what it is, don’t watch ANY TV except House and occasionally Pawn Stars which is kinda fun (and funny). So many people think that Lisa is not ‘re-plackable’ (replacable) when she is irreplaceable (not really, that’s just the right way to spell it for all those out there who can’t spell…yes, I’m one of those anal idiots that just HAS to correct folks’ spelling, I mean how are the errors of this world EVER going to change if no one EVER says ‘that’s wrong’. This PC bull is going to kill us all.). Now, back to our program…
        I kinda lost interest a bit during season 4 then regained it during season 5. I liked season 6 quite a bit and this season has been hit and miss although some of the episodes have been as strong or stronger than ANY previous episodes. I told my wife a couple months ago that based on the fact that the ratings are half of what they were during the peaks, the show would probably be canceled but it looks like instead of canceling it they are going to bow out gracefully (let’s hope it’s graceful anyway). Knowing that next season is the last, you’d think LE would WANT to stick around and be remembered as having been part of the show for every episode. This is going to make season 8 seem like season 4 of Monty Python when John Cleese left. Part of the problem seems to be that HL is the highest paid actor on television. I have the utmost respect for the guy but you have to wonder if he was just handed all those raises or whether there were any threats to leave on his part. Can’t have ‘House’ without House, can you? This lopsidedness obviously meant that the others couldn’t get proportionate increases because the budget would end up being ridiculous, like the NY Yankees of television, and it would end up squeezing one or more of the others ‘out’ (no pun intended). I’ve really dug the show pretty much the whole way but it really seems to be falling apart now as it’s coming to a close. And I HATED Masters, we really didn’t need THAT particular story line, did we? It was pointless and irritating. One last comment, the constant character-to-character psychoanalysis has been an irritant since it became noticeable but it really has gotten a bit much during the last couple of seasons. Could we please knock it off for season 8…please?

Comment by Craig – May 17, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t forget when House became a musical for one ep! Weird at first, but way to mix it up!

Comment by Fiona – May 18, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well there went 25% of my reason for watching.

Comment by Ipstenu – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so i’m gonna go there and kill myself now.

Comment by Mafalda – May 17, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go ahead, it’s called evolution then if you kill yourself for a TV character.

Comment by *headdesk* – May 17, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, that’s called stupid.

Comment by Jasika – May 17, 2011 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No it’s called hyperbole.

Comment by Mikos – May 17, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooo! Not the Cuddle-fish!!!!!!!!!! ;__;

Comment by Cy – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not to nitpick, but you wrote “NBC declined to comment.”
    The show airs on Fox.
    Other than that – I don’t care.

Comment by M – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBCU Studios produces House.

Comment by Sarge_87 – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • …not to nitpick…lol.

Comment by Lee – May 17, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know seriously, this thread is 80% people pissed at Cuddy or the show and 20% “correcting” the freaking NBC thing.

Comment by postsalot – May 17, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On one hand i am sad, but this means the Huddy-crap is over

Comment by hello – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! Have liked Lisa E. for the longest time, and loved the Cuddy-centric episode that preceded her ill-advised mashup with House. But the whole annoying Huddy thing was going nowhere. Just hope they get a great character to replace her as hospital administrator. How about Forrest Whitaker, whose series was just canceled???

Comment by goodbye – May 17, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. I love the character. The day-in-the-life-of-Cuddy episode was one of the best in the last three years. The Huddy stuff ruined the character and IMHO should not have been pursued. Why can’t we have good female characters without the inclination to make them love interests?

Comment by Anna – May 17, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, it was one of the best episodes in the last few years. Really good.

Comment by Craig – May 17, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I can’t say I’m devastated by this. I would be more sad if Wilson wasn’t coming back, because he’s House’s true foil.

Comment by JohnDoe – May 17, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to say it, but this series might as well check out right now. It’s over.

Comment by Randy Christian Lee – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC Universal produce the show.

Comment by Kelly – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What?!?!?! How is that even possible?!?!?!?
    There’s no House without Lisa!

Comment by Tatah Lopes – May 17, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course there is! There is no House without Hugh, that would be right. LE isn’t necessary, or is the show called Cuddy MD?!

Comment by Liz – May 17, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As much as I like the character Cuddy, I totally agree. House is still House as long as HL is there. It may not the great or original show it once was, but it’s still House.

Comment by Anna – May 17, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. Ok. Cancel the show.

Comment by Erik – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is not good.

To everyone who’s asking, it says NBC because NBCU’s studio produces the show.

Comment by Matt – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EXCUSE ME?

Comment by Lara – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC Universal, guys, not NBC. One is the network, one is a production company.

Comment by Katie – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, OMG OMG

Please Lisa, please!!!

PLEASE LISA!! I LOVE U!! PLEASE LISA, PLEASE

Comment by thaty rocha – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooooooooo
    this is so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No House without Dr. Cuddy :((((

Comment by LadyA – May 17, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!

Comment by Yiota – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good. This means we can finally put the House+Cuddy stuff away for good. Never liked it from the beginning.

Really, as a long-running house fan (even have the dvds of the first few seasons) , this show’s been headed downhill for awhile. The stories more predictable, the actions of the characters less realistic and more caricatured.

And really, House trying to operate on his own leg? Really?

I laughed when the idea was floated of NBC trying to snatch house from fox… NBC would do something like that, making a big effort to grab a show that’s going to be gone in another season anyways.

Comment by Alex – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Makes sense. The show is feeling really, really tired now. I don’t know if I’d want to stay around another season. And they really don’t seem to know what to do with Cuddy at this point.

Comment by Tucker – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHAT.

Comment by Olivia – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What!?!?!? OMG ;’( No more House for me. Ever. Done.

Comment by Andie – May 17, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to call B$ She just wants more money.

Comment by TheReasonsY – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW, this is surprising, it’s the FINAL season anyway…can’t she just hang around a bit? the money is pretty good~

Comment by DB – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dramaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Comment by J – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol
    House is either gonna die or end up with 13.

Comment by João Amaral – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any word on Jesse Spencer? I’ve been looking for reasons to quit watching and they seem to be piling up…

Comment by Jennifer – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! No Huddy. So now we can have the real House :)

Comment by N – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two thumbs up mate! Get back to what the show was. I’m actually happier knowing she wont be there for the next season. It might allow the show to go out on a good note and not focus on the love life of House. It ruined the character.

Comment by Brooke Richardson – May 18, 2011 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. One less show to watch next season! No Cuddy, No House!

Comment by D – May 17, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Cuddy, no House for me.

Comment by ccs – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Lisa! She was the only one being asked to take a paycut which is beyond wrong!

No Cuddy no show for me, I refuse to watch 13 MD…..Olivia is NOT the female lead in this show.

Comment by BabyGoz – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All the members that had their contracts expire this year were asked to take a pay cut, that included Leonard and Epps. Leonard and Epps re-signed at lower money, only Edelstein said no.

Comment by denroy3 – May 17, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Cuddy, but this show really doesn’t have a female lead. HL is the male lead. Everyone else is a supporting character, no matter how much we like them.

Comment by Anna – May 17, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope it’s the last season. that way the producers can just work on ending it, i don’t see it going far without her and they might as well give the show some sort of closure!

Comment by Pia – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woooow. I did not see that one coming, though with the way the show is going, I don’t blame her. Now it’ll be all Thirteen all the time for anybody female on the cast and… I’ll just find something else to watch on Mondays.

Comment by Misha – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hallelujah! Maybe now I can watch it again!

Comment by Michelle – May 17, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “HOUSE” barely gets re-upped for a final season, everyone accepts pay cuts and closes their deals and THE second-most important character on the show decides not to return!?!?! For the FINAL season!?!? Lisa Edelstein: W T F !?!?! Please! Please, Lisa, reconsider!!

Comment by RLE – May 17, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m betting she will, especially after what I read that Katie Jacobs said, or she could only be in a few critical episodes of the next season, I certainly hope this season’s finale answers some questions though, doubtful seeing as it was already shot, makes me wonder when her decision was made?

Comment by Danielle – May 18, 2011 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, if that is the case, just cancel it and bring back Chicago Code. It makes the most sense…

Comment by Brian – May 17, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • EEEEEEEH? not you Cuddy, not you!!!

seriously, this could be the last nail to the coffin, House has been one of my favourite shows (along with Bones), for years and i can´t think of a way it could work without Cuddy.

i don´t think it´s true

Comment by STARK – May 17, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So this means no Huddy! And that is great! Now i can start watching again!

Comment by barbara – May 17, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well… RIP House MD.

No LE means I’m toally done with this show.

Comment by missy – May 17, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! You may be one of a hundred people who watch this show for Lisa Edelstein. The other 99% of us watch this show because of Hugh Laurie. He is the draw on House, not Lisa Edelsteing. It’s why he get’s the big bucks.

Comment by Joe – May 17, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • EXACTLY MATE!

Comment by B – May 18, 2011 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes, but hl, even as great actor that he is, does not work alone. what is next: wilson will be gone? oh wait, he won’t be there for 6 episodes. so foreman, taub and 13. do we know if js signed in?

Comment by a small microbe – May 19, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huddy was 99% of the reason I was still watching

Comment by Ashton – May 17, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure I care. The show is about House. We don’t really need Cuddy. They explored the House/Cuddy relationship, and it didn’t work. Time to move on. Hopefully it will take the character of House in an interesting direction for the final season.

Comment by Mindy – May 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly how I feel as well.

Comment by Dorian – May 17, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.

Comment by Anna – May 17, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand why they pissed Huddy at the middle of season 7; they already knew LE was not going to accept the pay cut. So that is why they ruined not only her character but the relationship with House in such a way, so that there would be less damage to the show in season 8. But sorry, it didn´t work, at least for me.

Comment by Mayela – October 16, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox is running out of steam, they are on the way down. Besides singing shows and cartoons, they won’t have quality dramas. Glee will fan out by next year like the OC.

Comment by bmo – May 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1

Glad I’m not the only one who compares the Glee phenomenon to The OC.

Comment by jd – May 17, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The difference is that The OC was well-written and funny. At least for the first couple of seasons, anyway.

Comment by Ez – May 18, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, now it will be all Taub and 13, all the time. Great……… This show has gone from great to awful over the past season or two. I don’t think I will be watching come the fall.

Comment by Alli – May 17, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, i can’t wait. baby taub and poor 13 for a year!!don’t forget the hookers and dose the with bourbon and vicodin. maybe it will be more palatable.if i was hugh laurie i would go back to staying in a hotel room and not unpacking the suitcase, just in case.
      i am done investing my time watching this utter nonsense.any shows out there worth watching?

Comment by a smal microbe – May 19, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DEXTER!!!! That’s a show worth watching!!!

Comment by David Hale – May 20, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post