Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Chuck, HIMYM, Bones, The Office, Glee and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: My gut is telling me that Beckett’s “shooting” in the Castle finale was staged — all part of an elaborate scheme to send her underground and shield her from the killer. Am I hot or cold? —Jeff
Ausiello:
You’re freezing. Beckett was shot. This is no time for denial. Snap out of it!

Question: How shocked were you to find out about Lisa Edelstein leaving House? —A.
Ausiello:
What on earth are you talking about?

Question: You better have a Castle Q&A coming up after that season finale. Please? —@jenkburns via Twitter
Ausiello:
Sorry, no Q&A. I welcome you to join me in a fun game of connect the dots though! Weeeeee
Dot No. 1: Beckett was shot near the heart.
Dot No. 2: Beckett’s lovah, Josh, is a cardiac surgeon.
Dot. No. 3: In an interview with TVGuide.com, the show’s EP, Andrew Marlowe, all but confirmed that Victor Webster would be back next season. “He’s still out there, and he’s somebody we’re going to have to deal with,” Marlowe teased. “He’s an element moving forward and it’ll be interesting to see how that functions.”
Ready. Set. Connect!

Ausiello:
Adult. BTW, there will be two characters bidding farewell in this week’s episode — one permanently and one only possibly permanently. Chew on that. Oh, and while we’re on the subject of Glee, reports of the show’s ratings downturn have been greatly exaggerated. While the numbers have been down in recent weeks compared to its season average, DVR data shows viewers are still tuning in — just later. For example, the show’s 18-49 rating from last week’s prom episode surged a whopping 32 percent when Live Plus 3-data was factored in. Take note.

Question: Who’s gonna die in the Parks and Recreation finale? –Latifah
Ausiello:
It’s a beloved character who has appeared on the show once before. Speaking of Thursday’s season-ender, keep a lookout for two big cliffhangers — one of which will put a romance in jeopardy, and one that necessitate a major piece of casting for next season’s premiere.

Question: I’ve had a rough week. Please make it better with some Parks & Rec scoop! —Ignacio
Ausiello:
How’s this, straight from Aziz Ansari regarding Thursday’s season finale — which features Tom making a life-changing Decision. Tom’s whole thing is pursuing the life of an empresario, but he’s doing it in Pawnee, and that’s a juxtaposition that doesn’t work,” he notes. “So [this episode] is kind of about him deciding if he should go for his dreams or keep that part of his life suppressed. It’s about him deciding if he should go for his dreams in a big way.” Wow… sounds heavy. But Ansari insists “it’s really funny. I think people will like it.”

Question: Please help us clarify what actually happened between Booth and Brennan in last week’s episode of Bones? Hart Hanson is too ambiguous. —JSKS
Ausiello:
You think he‘s ambiguous? Check out what his second in command Stephen Nathan told me when I asked if this Thursday’s finale ended with a cliffhanger. “Not really,” he replied. “It’s a bit more like leaping off the cliff.” [POUNDS FIST]

Question: Is there any chance NBC will pick up a full season’s worth of episodes for Chuck‘s final season, or is the 13 episodes set in stone? —Emily
Ausiello:
It’s set in stone — unless, as NBC president Bob Greenblatt told me over the weekend, there are “suddenly 10 million viewers watching it on Friday night.” For his part, exec producer Chris Fedak is operating under the assumption that the episode order is locked. “It certainly feels like Episode 13 will be the finale of the show,” he tells me. “And the good thing about that is it allows us to design the season around those 13 episodes. And to know how much time we have will really help us crack that season.”

Question: Will either Linda Hamilton or Timothy Dalton be back for Chuck‘s final season? —Deb
Ausiello:
“If I’m clever and can figure out [a way to write them in] I’d love to have them back on the show,” says Fedak. ” Timothy and Linda were amazing.”

Question: What will Jenna Fischer’s pregnancy mean for Pam on The Office? —Matt
Ausiello:
I hear there’s a very good chance it’ll mean the Halperts will be adding to their brood next season.

Question: Any scoop regarding Drop Dead Diva? — Clavie
Ausiello:
Yup. The show is bringing on Busy Philipps! Okay, not exactly Busy Philipps… but certainly someone who sounds a whole lot like her. In episode 9, Deb’s old pal, trashtastically sexy bar wench Cassie Moll (to be played by a Philipps type) falls for Grayson. But just one episode later, there’s already trouble afoot… which may explain why this is just a two-episode gig.

Question: Any news about what will be happening during the final episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent? — Keenan
Ausiello:
Yes. There will be law. And also order. Just messin’. Try this on for size: You know the Social Network-inspired episode that the show has coming up? They’ve just found their version of the Winklevoss twins: former soap stud Thad Luckinbill and his identical twin, Trent.

Question: Any scoop on Addison and Sam getting back together on Private Practice‘s? — Connie
Ausiello:
Sounds to me like they’ll stay broken up after Benjamin Bratt makes his first appearance in Thursday’s season finale. The Law & Order alum “plays, for wont of a better word, a mysterious stranger who Addison meets in a grocery store,” reveals boss lady Shonda Rhimes. “He’s tempting her to look in a new direction, and when we end the episode, you very much feel like this might be the last we see of him… except we all know it’s not.” Whether Addison will fall for the newbie’s character remains to be seen. But Rhimes for sure has. “I wasn’t planning to bring anybody in,” she says, “and then I met Benjamin Bratt and couldn’t get him out of my head!”

Question: Too soon to ask for scoop on Game of Thrones second season? —Bill
Ausiello:
Bill, come on! The first season is still airing! However, as luck would have it… I do have season 2 scoop. When the show returns, we’ll meet two new recurring characters: Melisandre, a red — and red-hot — priestess from Asshai who counsels and eventually boffs Stannis Baratheon, and Brienne Tarth, a stout-hearted warriorette who, though a plain Jane, has been nicknamed Brienne the Beauty. People can be so mean!

Question: I am dying to learn any and all info you have on the upcoming Pretty Little Liars premiere! –Paige
Ausiello:
Although Aria and Ezra will still be going strong when the show returns on June 14, look for a new guy to catch Aria’s eye. “I think it makes her realize how much she really is risking by being with Ezra,” Lucy Hale tells TVLine. “At this point in filming, I don’t know which guy she’s going to choose.” Not making matters any easier, Hale adds that “the two guys are completely different.” So who is the mystery anti-Ezra? Hale wouldn’t give up the deets, but a source tells us his identity will surprise fans and offer up some insight into Aria.

Question: I was hoping for at least a small mother-related clue in the How I Met Your Mother finale. Since the wedding will be revisited in the premiere, can we expect some intel then? —George
Ausiello:
You’ll get some before then actually. “There’s an exclusive clue in the season 6 DVD that will be released in September,” Thomas reveals. “There’s a longer version of a scene from last night’s finale on the DVD that gives you a little more information about the actual moment Ted meets the mother. That’s DVD only. I realize I sound like a salesman saying that. It’s just true.”

Question: I was super excited to see that Barney was the groom in the HIMYM finale, but something is bothering me: Why would Ted be his best man over his brother James? That just doesn’t sit right with me. Will that be explained next season? —Elizabeth
Ausiello:
It’ll be explained right now. “That’s a good question,” concedes Mr. Thomas, adding, “Ultimately, I think one of the great loves of Barney’s life is Ted. Barney’s drive in the pilot is just wanting Ted to wear a suit because he wants Ted to take his advice and take him seriously and look up to him. I think Ted is just so important in Barney’s life. They have gone through so much together. They have been wingmen all these years. I think Ted edges out James. Plus, Josh Radnor has appeared in way more episodes than Wayne Brady has. It’s probably like 136 to 2 or something. So he won it. In the end, he won the vote.”

Question: It’s been quite some time since we’ve gotten any juicy Mentalist scoop. I was wondering if you have anything to whet our appetites? Perhaps something about the Red John storyline in the finale? —Mike
Ausiello:
Done. And. Done. The reveal of Red John’s CBI mole will leave no less than three dead bodies in its wake, while the appearance of Jane’s elusive and taunting nemesis himself (we sported a huge grin when we saw who it was) triggers a battle of the brains that is not to be missed. For one, RJ lets loose with a monologue that might even get you thinking he is one of the good guys, plus there’s a killer twist that poses a massive question for next season’s premiere.

Question: With Kirk Acevedo cast in NBC’s Prime Suspect reboot, does that mean we won’t see Charlie on Fringe next season?! That was one of the best things about the Alt. Universe! — Erica
Ausiello:
“All I know is they do want me back,” the actor himself told TVLine’s Matt Mitovich at NBC’s upfront presentation on Monday, adding that he wants to go back. “It’s a great group of guys over there, and [on-screen partner] Seth [Gabel] is such a good guy. I talk to him all the time.” So what’s the trouble? “I can only, contractually, do maybe three or four [episodes],” he reveals.

Question: Now that Parenthood has been renewed (best news ever, btw!) and The Event has not, is it possible we will see Jason Ritter return in season 3 to rekindle his relationship with Sarah? — Kellen
Ausiello:
Seems likely. Even highly likely. In fact, when Mitovich spoke with Lauren Graham, she was hoping the same thing you were — so much so that real-life beau Peter Krause teased that she liked her leading man. “We all like him,” she laughed. “I like him for Sarah Braverman!” And you know what else the former Gilmore Girl likes for her current character? A job. “I think it’d be cool for her to have a career [as a writer],” she says, “and build on that some more.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. Aaron says:

Why is Glee on here if there’s no scoop or spoilers on it?

2. Danielle Gerard says:

Beckett’s ex, Josh?!? When did this happen?

3. Kason says:

where’s the glee scoop?

4. Livia says:

Love the scoop on Castle! Last night’s finale was amazing and I’ve watched it three times since last night. And thank you for clearing up that Beckett getting shot was in fact NOT staged. Reading some of the comments last night made me laugh….

Just slightly confused about one thing…. you mention glee scoop in the title, but I didn’t see any…. typographical error?

5. Jill says:

Despite, the headline, I don’t see anything about Glee. Am I blind?

6. Jack says:

Where’s the Glee spoiler?

7. Lauren says:

There are no Glee spoilers here! D:

8. Camilla says:

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Chuck, HIMYM, Bones, The Office, Glee and More!
    Where’s Glee??

9. Cameron says:

Gladiators? There aren’t any in the series. Knights are the ones who can be mean.

10. Megg says:

Am I blind, or was there actually no Glee scoop like the title suggested?

11. hillchics says:

Is it me or was there no Glee scoop even though it says Glee in the title?

12. Stacy says:

Is it just me or is there NO Glee spoiler in this?

13. maddie says:

NOOOO NOT JOSH!

14. harmograz says:

where is the glee scoop? i just reread this like four times and can’t find it. am i missing something?

15. Leankaus says:

And the Glee Spoilers!? Anyway great scoops!

16. edwestwicksfuturewife says:

there are no glee questions in this AA =( the title lied!

17. CM says:

So, no sex for Booth and Brennan on last week’s episode?

18. athena says:

Seriously?! Castle says he loves and freaking Josh is still back next season? WTF?!

• lolo says:

you know where it says beckett’s lovah josh? he changed it- it was EX at first :D

• Robin says:

Josh was brought on for a reason, and he’s still around for a reason that is not yet apparent to us. In Setup/Countdown Beckett chose to give safe and secure Josh a second chance, and after being shot, Josh will probably save Beckett’s life, but after Castle’s “I Love You,” it will be Beckett choosing Castle over Josh. AM said dealing with Josh will move the couple forward and they can’t move forward if Josh is still around, so wait for it, it’s coming.

• Dave says:

Got a feeling that since, ya know Beckett was SHOT and all, she likely was a little out of it. So she NEVER heard Castle say “I love you” or she won’t remember it next season. So Castle will be back to not being able to do/ say anything, like this year.

• Kermonk says:

Because the amateurs who write for castle are following “the cliche guide for tv writers” – except the part where Beckett dies and returns as a ghost.

19. gil says:

is Lil Sebastian biting the dust?

20. Gigi says:

Josh is Beckett’s EX? Not that this info. wouldn’t please me but when did that happen? He was M.I.A enough this season but still …. do you know something we don’t know Michael?

• lolo says:

he just changed it to “lovah” i don’t think he ment to put “ex”, i thnk he made a slip :o :D

• Frenchie says:

Methinks Ausiello is holding secrets for Andrew Marlowe…. Eh, we’ll beat it out of him eventually.

21. Jill says:

Castle scoop.

1) Beckett’s ex??? What do you know that you’ve haven’t spilled??

2) No way would Josh be alloed to operate on someone he has a personal relationship with. So there connect them dots, Michael *jk*

22. Jamie says:

What is it with yo people and no Grey’s Anatomy scoop? One of the TV writes has already revealed online that many of the TV writers have already seen the finale so what’s up? I mean, is it just because every single season one character gets dumped on or is it the fact that Shonda Rhimes is telling “whipping lies” to fans that keeps you from spilling? Either way, I’m not looking forward to the finale, sorry, but the promo looks completely depressing. Wish you could have helped out a little to make gives a little incentive to watch, but I guess from your lack of spoilers, that promo is as bad as it looks. Maybe I’ll skp the finale this year.

23. abbyd says:

my guess is little sebastian dies on parks and rec…he is definitely beloved

24. commonisboring says:

they’ve just killed House MD

• Alicia says:

Truth. They think the ratings have been dropping? Wait til fall, I won’t be watching as their half-assed season go down in flames.
      And Ausiello, I hope you really are just in shock which is why you gave a non-answer. Otherwise, don’t you have something to say about your “BFF” leaving the show??
      Don’t you have any clout or pull? Can’t you try to talk sense to those shameless execs? This CANNOT stand.

25. Lupe says:

Shonda is Nasty, Benjamin Brat is Ugly

26. Kate says:

The Glee scoop is that the character who dies is an ADULT nad that another ADULT may potentially leave the show for good!

27. Jacqi says:

Glee scoop was the 4th question in.

28. NickC says:

The line by the HMYM show runner is proff they just make it up as they go…For him to just then remember Barney’s bro and the excusse that followed was sad.

29. Danielle H. says:

Moarrrr True Blood scoop please, it’s been sorely lacking, my friend.

I have a big feeling that The Mentalist finale is going to be a serious game changer and a huge reveal… could be wrong though. I don’t like the show as much as I used to, so I hope it gets a bit of life back into it via a good finale.

Thanks for laying to rest that Beckett’s shooting was not a ruse as well.

30. Courtney says:

“Beckett’s ex Josh”?? Mistake or slip of the tongue Michael??

31. Annie says:

I wanted to know about the Dan/Blair’s feelings for each other on Gossip Girl, with the obvious hints placed in the closing scenes, like Eric rolling his eyes and saying that it’s not Charlie who Dan will miss, as well as Vanessa basically implying that Dan wrote the book with Blair being not all bad (probably exactly like she is, but made into the hero)

Also the Pregers test is probably Blair’s Mom….Cause Blair won’t be prego for the Wedding in Nov sweeps…which is what I’m hoping they are setting up a Dair/Chair/Derena show down for

32. EmmaLee says:

Um. Ausiello? Beckett’s EX????? Is this OFFICIAL???

33. alex says:

death on parks and rec is the pony. I’m telling you now. They said he was old last ep.

34. EveDallas says:

First off, I was quite peeved at you mister! I DID NOT …. Beckett getting shot. My mom and I thought that the Captain was going to get it, but we didn’t know he was involved.
    Second, thank you!!!! for the info on the dots… I have been way to shell shocked to really think of anything. haha I freaked out about it till I fell asleep last night.
    I was hoping it was staged but Castle looked pretty shocked and I thought that they would have told him.
    Anyway!
    Love you and all you do for my TV obsession.

35. please open your eyes says:

Glee scoop was the fact that an adult was dying and not a student.

“Question: On the upcoming Glee death… I’m not asking for a total reveal, but will the death be a student or adult? The suspense is killing me, and I already don’t know if I want to watch the episode! — Matt
    Ausiello: Adult. BTW, there will be two characters bidding farewell in this week’s episode — one permanently and one only possibly permanently. Chew on that. Oh, and while we’re on the subject of Glee, reports of the show’s ratings downturn have been greatly exaggerated. While the numbers have been down in recent weeks compared to its season average, DVR data shows viewers are still tuning in — just later. For example, the show’s 18-49 rating from last week’s prom episode surged 32 percent when Live Plus 3-data was factored in.”

• hillchics says:

Hey “please open your eyes” – obviously that wasn’t there before or 20 of us wouldn’t have written in to ask where it was!!!

36. Christy says:

Glee spoilers are the 4th question down. About the death.

37. Dean says:

Hey where is the Supernatural spoilers, they better redeem Castiel and not kill him off, who knows if next season will be the last, but I don’t care who dies as long as Sam/Dean/Bobby/Castiel family keeps going, also love to keep Crowley arounds, he’s too good to kill off.

We know there is possible deaths and cliffhangers

38. Ryan says:

Glee was the 3rd question. Did you guys forget about it? Haha. So sad I’ll never see Smallville in an Ask Auseillo again… Or Human Target, or No Ordinary Family, or V, or Brothers and Sisters… Ok… I could go on and on.

39. Jimmy says:

“Too soon to ask for scoop on Game of Thrones second season?”

Try reading the second book, or heck just read the product description on Amazon, and you’ll have all the scoop you need.

40. lolo says:

HAHAHA, I love how he put EX and then changed it to lovah for the castle scoop! did you accidently let something slip Michael? :p praying you did ;)

41. Ryan says:

Parks & Rec – RIP Lil’ Sebastian!

42. Corrine says:

Hey, you know what would be awesome? If tvline ACTUALLY gave us the interview that Matt did with Lauren Graham and Peter Krause. Sounds like it deserves a bit of attention on its own. GO PARENTHOOD!

43. yuka says:

Games of thrones is setting up 3 potential wars…(I have not read the books). So when is something action oriented going to happen? All we’re getting is talk, talk, nice breasts and more talk!

• Brett says:

There are some pretty solid battles in the second book (and therefore season) but nothing too crazy in the first book. The series is first and foremost based in the politics and characters of the world. There’s some cool stuff that will start happening, though.

44. Mike says:

Oh wow! Thanks Michael for answering my question about The Mentalist! That’s very cool.

45. Beth says:

I am thinking the death is Mr. Shuster’s ex or Finn’s mom. They said somewhere else it will be an adult female!

46. Kate says:

I bet Lil Sebastian will die on Parks and Recreation.
    thoughts anyone?
    [also, I haven’t read through the other posts yet, so if I’m reiterating someone else’s response, I apologize.]

47. nuni says:

Is Matt going to post the interview he did with Lauren Graham?? Please…
    And yay for Mr. Cyr coming back to Parenthood!

48. laura says:

Wow that House scoop answer just seems pointless. why would you do an AA where you shoot down the rumour and then post confirmaqtion on the same day! Weiird

49. Ella says:

I am loving the “Chuck” scoop…..but I think I like “The Office” tidbits better today. The second I read about Jenna Fischer’s pregancy, I hoped it meant a baby! We shall see

• Aiden says:

I loved the CHUCK scoop too! I’m still on a high from the finale, and it made me smile seeing there are more tidbits from the writers that they want to share about the surely fantastic 5th season coming up. It’d be amazing if either Timothy Dalton or Linda Hamilton comes back. They were stellar this year. I expect an amazing, tightly written 13-episode final season of Chuck. I don’t want it to end, but if it’s gonna go, I’m glad it can go out with a bang.

And The Office scoop? Also wonderful. Anything regarding the adorable Halperts are welcome in my book.

• Ella says:

How could you not be on a high from the finale?! It was awesome, wasn’t it? I also hope Timothy Dalton and Linda Hamilton comes back!!! I also thought it was a stellar season, though some disagree with me. I hate it to end, though

And yep–anything with the Halperts is great in my book

50. Donna says:

SO glad to read about the door being open for Kirk Acevedo to come back as Charlie, if even for just a few episodes. I love Charlie.