The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Week

Coming to your screen this week: no less than 30 season finales. (Consider your DVR warned!) So as but a supplement to the awesome features and original reporting TVLine has coming your way, here is a rundown of all the season-ending questions you should anticipate — plus four “regular” shows to keep on your radar.

8/7c Chuck (NBC) |
Will Sarah survive the Norseman attack? (I hope so, or else Season 5 is going to be a real buzzkill.)
8 pm 90210 (The CW) | Will Nay graduate along with the rest of the gang?
8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | At whose wedding does best man Ted meet The Mother?
8:30 pm Mad Love (CBS) | What will air in this time slot come September?
9 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | What life-changing decision does Blair make? And what brings Georgina slithering back to town?
10 pm Castle (ABC) | Who won’t survive Beckett’s latest probing into her mother’s murder?
10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | Will Wo Fat end the Five-0 team — or vice versa?

8/7c NCIS (CBS) |
Just how many agents is P2P gonna kill? And who knew Jack McPhee had it in him?
8 pm Glee (Fox) | Who’s passing on in this penultimate episode, titled “Funeral”?
8 pm One Tree Hill (The CW) | Will Brooke and Julian have their baby? Can the boys rescue Rivercourt?
9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Where’d Hetty get that cool switchbladey-gun thingy?
9 pm Hellcats (The CW) | Can we get a visceral dose of cheerleading before it’s too late?
9 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | How freakin’ funny is this flashback to Jimmy’s days as a goth teen? (Spoiler: Very!)
9:30 pm Breaking In (Fox) | What happens when Mike Tyson guest-stars? For one, Michael Rosenbaum told me, Dutch gets to reprise his “Fay-ace!” catchphrase.
10 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Will Alicia and Will take a certain 1989 Aerosmith hit to heart?

9/8c Criminal Minds (CBS) |
What brings JJ back to the BAU? And why does Hotch seem to be offering everyone a golden parachute in the promo?
9 pm America’s Next Top Model (The CW) | What does the winner wind up going on to do…? Like, what, Flava’s Rock Of Love Bus 12?
10 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Who’s gonna die?

8/7c American Idol (Fox) |
Who will get voted into the finals?
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | What is the larger, unexpected ramification of Raj becoming Sheldon’s new roommate?
8:30 pm Rules of Engagement (CBS) | Is Russell going to hook up with Herb Tarlek’s wife?!
9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Will Meredith lose her job? And her newly official husband?
9 pm Bones (Fox) | Will we find out if B&B B&Boinked?
9 pm The Office (NBC) | Where’d Steve Carell go? Did he leave the show? Will one of the finale’s 43 guest stars replace him?
9 pm The Mentalist (CBS) | Who is Red John’s CBI mole? And what will go down when Jane comes face-to-face with his arch nemesis?
10 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | Episode 1: Just how badly does Ben embarrass himself in front of Leslie’s mom? Episode 2: Why is the title “Li’l Sebastian”? (Actually, you don’t want the answer to that.)
10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Is Oceanside Wellness shutting its doors? And what is new cast member Benjamin Bratt up to, other than macking on Addison?

8/7c Supernatural (The CW) |
How’s it going to be when Sam’s wall comes a-tumbling down?

8/7c Chase (NBC) |
Did you know that Kelli Giddish has been appearing The Good Wife, and that Amaury Nolasco’s ABC comedy just got picked up for fall?
11:30 pm Saturday Night Live (NBC) | Will Justin Timberlake bring the “Box” back, if not sexy? Might Lady Gaga wear something zany?

9/8c Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost (CBS) |
Do you think Jesse and Frank Reagan are buddies?
9 pm The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC) | Who will be named winner of perhaps the last-ever Trump-hosted boardroom?
10 pm The Killing (AMC) | A TVLine reader was right: this tease reads the same every week. But we’re here, so…. “The police’s attempt to make an arrest hits a roadblock, while Rosie’s folks think about taking matters into their own hands.”
10 pm The Borgias (Showtime) | Will Charles do a solid for Pope Alexander and help save his papacy? And how cool a word is “papacy”?

1. BabyGoz says:

[H]ouse not worth watching this week then??

2. Justine says:

For me: Chuck, NCIS, Glee, NCIS:LA and SUPERNATURAL this week! Optional(meaning I can wait for them a little longer): Criminal Minds, Grey’s Anatomy, Bones.
    Oh, and I’m waiting for Game of Thrones and Camelot too;)

3. timelord says:

i think the casualty in castle is going to be the chief. they introduced his wife out of the blue. plus they had a scene where they were discussing what they would do after retirement. i’m sure all this a setup for his eventual death.

• Holly says:

Or the writers did that as a red herring and are planning to totally shock us with who really dies…I wouldn’t put it past the writers to be setting us up like that.

• Cate says:

I agree Holly. I wouldn’t put it past them to completely blindside us. However, I do put my money on Capt. Montgomery.

4. Lisa says:

So excited for Grey’s and whether Cristina is going to keep this pregnancy

5. Jessiekins says:

I watched “The Borgias”. I gave it my undivided attention. How can a show with THAT much nudity and violence be so torpid?

6. Ingmar says:

I’ll watch my usual show finales ; 90210, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The Good Wife, Grey’s Anatomy and Bones.

This summer I will watch the latest season of Fringe ( 3 ), Criminal Minds ( 6 ), Private Practice ( 4 ), Desperate Housewives ( 7 ), Glee ( 2 ), Raising Hope ( 1 ) and Parenthood ( 2 ). That way, my summer is well spend.

7. Amanda says:

Thanks for saying “voted in” re: AI. I’m so tired of the phrase “voted off.” No one is voted off because you don’t vote for who you want to leave. You vote FOR who you want to stay.

8. julianna says:

Love In An Elevator is the best soundtrack for alicia and will scene .I hope they DO something because they rock together

9. Kristine says:

CASTLE!! :)

Can not wait!

10. Jessica says:

Glee’s finale isn’t this week. Theres still 2 episodes left.

11. Jenny says:

I’m really excited about this week!!! Chuck, HIMYM, Breaking In, TBBT, The Office, and Parks of Recreation!!!! Should be awesome! Hopefully, it will help fill the giant hole in my heart left by the departing Smallville. Oh, and SAVE BREAKING IN!!!!

12. D says:

This week is the finale of almost everything I watch. Castle, Chuck, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice. It’s not the finale of Glee and House but I’ll watch it anyway.

13. Amy says:

I’m a big fan of The Killing but I must admit the past 2 episodes have been slow. I had a hard time staying interested last night.

14. John says:

Parks and Rec: “Why is the title “Li’l Sebastian”? (Actually, you don’t want the answer to that.)”

15. Paige says:

Only interested in the Supernatural finale out of this entire bunch. It’s gonna kick ass! Oh, and maybe the re-airing of the Smallville finale on Thursday night, but I may just spend it crying the whole time again, so who knows.

And I don’t watch Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill anymore, but I usually always watch their finales anyway. I’m not even interested in the GG finale anymore, though. This show just seems so stale for me now. And I’m graduating from high school while OTH’s finale is airing, so… not too broken up about missing that. lol

Guess it’s just Supernatural then.

• Geordiegirl1967 says:

Me too Paige. I can’t wait for the SPN finale. I am also terrified but more about what any cliff hangar will mean for next season than about the finale which I am sure will be epic.

16. melita says:

cant wait for bones and castle and chuck!!
    god knws what bombshell the bones crew is gonna break

17. Jen says:

You’ve got The Mentalist listed as starting at 10, but this week’s is a special 2-hour that starts at 9. Might want to correct that. :)

• nancyeddy says:

What bright person scheduled the finales of Bones against the first hour of the Mentalist finale????? No dvr here, either. S*cks! I know I can watch Bones online the next day, but come on, people!

18. Tim says:

I’m assuming the actual chances of Sarah dying are <5%?

• Jenny says:

They would never do that. It would upset far too many people! I say the chances of her dying (and by dying, I mean permanently) are 0%. I’m still excited though! It’s gonna be intense!

19. Justin says:

That was me who has The Killing tease comment last week!! Go me!! It’s nice finally being recognized haha.
    Now how about making me a regular… :)

20. Davi says:

Excited for both NCIS and Supernatural. I won’t deny that I’m hoping for a plot twist where EJ has been secretly helping the P2P killer and is a mole.

For Supernatural? I don’t really care. They always do something dark and twisty, so the only thing I’m worried about is a non-sensical reveal where Dean really is Ben’s father. I’d be annoyed if they changed that so late in the game.

21. Pennagirl65 says:

SVU I think it’s the guy that plays the shrink…he’s on a show for the fall…Awake.

22. Renee says:

I’m really looking forward to NCIS…and I’m nervous at the same time. I have a bad feeling changes are acoming.

• NoChance says:

“NCIS” – the only change I really wanted was the exit of Ziva but since Cote signed a 2-year contract my dreams won’t be coming true.

Think I’d settle for a reduced role and for Ziva to get back together with CI-Ray after he rescues her from the Port to Port killer and get married to him off-screen.

23. Geordiegirl1967 says:

Looking forward most to SPN which will be amazing I am sure as s6 has really upped its game in the second half of the season and it back to its best.

I am also looking forward to Hawaii 50 which has become a kind of guilty pleasure watch for me. And I have to see what Bones and Booth got up to last week. I have been watching that ship since ep1 s1. Get it on already!!

24. Tamara says:

I knew Sheldon and Penny were a long shot for that randy blind item (Sex-Rated Surprise), but I was kind of hoping it would be them – purely for shock value. But given your teaser for the finale this week, I’m guessing the “unexpected ramification” is a Raj/Penny hook-up with Sheldon witnessing the walk of shame.

• Jenny says:

I really think that’s who it is, too! I’ve never felt so confident about my guess for a blind item before, but it just makes sense.

25. Annie says:

Can’t wait for Grey’s Anatomy! But knowing the show for so long, I can’t help but wonder how much will *my* heart be broken.

The Good Wife: Will and Alicia better start making some babies. 2 seasons of eye sex is enough.

26. Heather says:

I’ve been enjoying The Borgias, but the last couple episodes were a bit slow & filler. Glad to see a resolution (of some sort, since there’ll be at least one more season) is fast approaching!

27. Ashley says:

HIMYM, Hawaii 5-0, Castle, NCIS, Raising Hope, and Criminal Minds (isn’t Body of Proof having its season finale this week too?). Thank goodness for cable’s summer season – I wouldn’t have anything to watch on TV after this week without it!

28. wilky says:

Gonna skip Good Wife. I might throw
    up seeing Will and Alicia together

29. DarkEmy says:

Okay, so someone not really important dying on glee (no one from ND, so it really isn’t big of a deal) – worth watching, but House (main character) having tumors, cutting himself open and prolly almost dying doesn’t even get a tiny note? And not that I’m trying to hate on glee here…

30. Alex says:

Cragen’s going to die on SVU, I think.

31. Amber says:

Two of my favorite shows have a death in them. Castle and SVU “sighs” the season finale is here i’m very sad.

32. bgrape says:

The only one I care about is Grey’s Anatomy and that MerDer stay together. I thought we were done with are they or aren’t they. If they breakup, Shonda has killed her own show.

33. Kate says:

I can’t WAIT for Castle! From what I’ve heard it will be amazing and stressful at the same time.

34. Catie says:

They didn’t show who Barney was marrying!!!!!! That was so dumb!!!!!

35. abubakar says:

hi haw are you doing

36. allie says:

Annie frost on chase is the best one of all!